PDA

View Full Version : Ingleside Mustang Head Coaches...

IHStangFan
10-09-2008, 07:03 PM
I'm poking around looking at Ingleside's stats and records since 1960. Their present coach is the 2nd winningest coach in Ingleside Mustang fooball history. He is currently 40-14 if I'm not mistaken. When Coach H took the helm in 2004 the Mustangs had gone 2-8 under Lamar Lewis the previous year. In his first year, Coach H took the Mustangs to a 9-3 season. He then followed that up w/ 7-5, 12-2 & 9-2 seasons. The Mustangs are currently 3-2 and have West Oso this week.

GO MUSTANGS!!! GO COACH H!! I speak for everyone in Ingleside when I say, we're glad to have you!

SintonFan_inAustin
10-09-2008, 07:09 PM
He definately turn them into contenders his first year and past two years been favorites in the district for District Champs. Great job to their coaches for starting a winning tradition in Ingleside.

IHStangFan
10-09-2008, 07:15 PM
Originally posted by SintonFan_inAustin
He definately turn them into contenders his first year and past two years been favorites in the district for District Champs. Great job to their coaches for starting a winning tradition in Ingleside. Ingleside has always been a team that has winning seasons in spirts....in the 30s and 40s there were 8 consecutive winning seasons...in the 60s there were a couple of 13-2 seasons w/ a 9-1 season in between, one of those I believe was an appearance in a state title game, but overall it seems the Mustangs can only manage about 4 winning seasons in a row, which has happened a few times. Hopefully Hesseltine can change all of that. I believe he can.

Ingleside Fan
10-09-2008, 08:31 PM
Originally posted by IHStangFan I believe he can.

Coaches Believe in the Players!
Players Believe in the Coaches!
Players Believe in each other!
Team Believes they can WIN!

"BELIEVE" has become Ingleside Mustangs battle cry!

We are glad Coach H and his Coaches has not only developed a winning team, but community spirit.

Burning of "M" tonight was really nice. Team spirit was high.

:clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:
:cheerl: :cheerl: :cheerl: :cheerl:

bulldog64
10-10-2008, 08:18 AM
Alot of fans want to say that it`s just a certain "grade" or two every three or four years. I think Coaches are way underrated. Good Coaches are worth their weight and can keep a program on top for years.

Phil C
10-10-2008, 08:20 AM
Plus Riflearm coaches at Ingleside. That increases the risk.

IHStangFan
10-10-2008, 08:58 AM
Originally posted by Phil C
Plus Riflearm coaches at Ingleside. That increases the risk. :doh:

Ingleside Fan
10-10-2008, 09:11 AM
Originally posted by Phil C
Plus Riflearm coaches at Ingleside. That increases the risk.

Just have to love Phil C.:rolleyes:

IHStangFan
10-10-2008, 09:38 AM
Originally posted by Ingleside Fan
Just have to love Phil C.:rolleyes: no...no you dont. :D

Ingleside Fan
10-10-2008, 10:14 AM
Originally posted by IHStangFan
no...no you dont. :D

Not that way silly!:p

IHStangFan
10-10-2008, 10:18 AM
Originally posted by Ingleside Fan
Not that way silly!:p I know which way you meant, LOL.

Ingleside Fan
10-10-2008, 10:21 AM
Originally posted by IHStangFan
I know which way you meant, LOL.

Just Funnin':D

GO MUSTANGS! STAMPEDE THE BEARS!:mad:

underware
10-10-2008, 01:35 PM
I don't know much about Ingleside football, but what I've heard about the Head Coach, I like him.

Phil C
10-10-2008, 02:41 PM
Originally posted by underware
I don't know much about Ingleside football, but what I've heard about the Head Coach, I like him.

He is a very good coach. He really helped Skidmore-Tynanne before he went to Ingleside and helped them.

Phil C
10-10-2008, 02:43 PM
The rumor that he is waiting for the Gregory-Portland job is completely false in my opinion. Sure if it opens up he may apply for it but you have to remember when that job opens up they will most likely have 100 or more applicants to consider.

IHStangFan
10-10-2008, 05:42 PM
Phil...right on both of the above accounts...I remember not too many years ago S-T was a pretty stout little team. Also..the GP job..I'm sure everyone in that area will apply for that job...not just Ingleside's coach. It's high profile, the pay is probably that of which most of the smaller schools can't match, and they've got tradition. Any number of the teams in the area could "lose" their coach to that job. That's just my opinion.