20. Yoakum (2-0)
21. Ballinger (1-1)
22. LaGrange (1-1)
23. Mexia (2-0)
24. Borger (2-0)
25. Liberty (2-0)

trojandad
09-07-2003, 07:01 PM
A two point win over BC on the last play of the game moves Liberty into the top 25? I think Liberty's tough, but dang, Matt.

MARLINFAN
09-07-2003, 07:07 PM
do you think it would be best for a team likw marlin to drop out of the top ten where it wouldt be so much pressure on them into the play offs

Matthew328
09-07-2003, 07:15 PM
I knew BC would play well....they aren't that bad of a team....and BC has been a thorn in Liberty's side...so the 2 point win is big for Liberty....I am not all the way a believer in Liberty but they are starting to change my mind....

marlin fan
09-07-2003, 07:16 PM
Well MARLINFAN on texashsfootball.com they dont even have us ranked in the top 20!!!!

MonkeyJoe
09-07-2003, 07:18 PM
what was gainesville ranked at last week?

the tigers are back
09-07-2003, 07:25 PM
This is to the Marlin fans don't let these little numbers fool you their are just opinons. So i can bet you one thing some of the teams wan't even make it far as the 4th round in the play-offs.I just encourage you marlin fans keep your heads up: and remember this "it feels good going as under dawgs" especially when you come out as pure as gold. eek!

Matthew328
09-07-2003, 07:36 PM
Hey Marlin didn't drop that much...LOL just 3 spots...Marlin is very very good..they lost to a really good team in University

WeAreCCB
09-07-2003, 07:45 PM
Should Carthage be #6 or a higher or lower ranking? What is everyone's opinion?

Pudlugger
09-07-2003, 07:47 PM
Matthew328:
Hey Marlin didn't drop that much...LOL just 3 spots...Marlin is very very good..they lost to a really good team in UniversityWith Marlin's schedule even if they win next Friday, they likely will be 2-3 going into district play (Ennis and Burnet comming up). If Marlin is as good as they say, (and I'm not saying they aren't good) then they should have beaten any above average or even ranked 4a team. Heck, Matt, they beat Ennis last year as well as Waco University. I think they should be about 14 or 15 right now until they show something. Just my opinion. :)

<small>[ September 07, 2003, 07:56 PM: Message edited by: Pudlugger ]</small>

Gobbla2001
09-07-2003, 07:53 PM
I haven't seen most of these teams play but I will say I think Rice can take the whole thing...

I just got through watching them Friday night, and for a while there I couldn't tell whether their RB thought he was playing in a football game or running track and field... He was jumping over people, tucking the ball in his left arm and spinning around with his right hand on the ground... Their defense was all over the place; d-line, backers and db's... their offense was VERY solid; o-line, backs, recievers... and their coaching was perfect; calling a couple of short passes, losening up our D, then running a nice trap for big yardage... their special teams were scary; the kick-off team looked like an Indiana Jones Boulder rolling down a bowling lane... Their punt-return was solid and their return had good blocks...

They are VERY solid...

Their backs don't only run the ball well, they'll lay you out and block well...

Old Cardinal
09-07-2003, 08:06 PM
I just think Polls are so superficial, Barbers Hill, Elgin and several other High Enrollments can whip all of the probable Division IIs by Playoff time.

Gobbla2001
09-07-2003, 08:09 PM
Yah, just like Ennis whupped up on D2 team Marlin last.... wait, that didn't happen, nevermind...

marlin fan
09-07-2003, 08:19 PM
Pudlugger:

Matthew328:
Hey Marlin didn't drop that much...LOL just 3 spots...Marlin is very very good..they lost to a really good team in UniversityWith Marlin's schedule even if they win next Friday, they likely will be 2-3 going into district play (Ennis and Burnet comming up). If Marlin is as good as they say, (and I'm not saying they aren't good) then they should have beaten any above average or even ranked 4a team. Heck, Matt, they beat Ennis last year as well as Waco University. I think they should be about 14 or 15 right now until they show something. Just my opinion. :) Last Year we lost to Waco U 33-7 i think

MARLINFAN
09-07-2003, 08:25 PM
31-7 to be exact

LP57
09-07-2003, 08:45 PM
hey mat thanks for the support. i konw were a long way from the top but im glad someone else besides our own fans have some small belief in us

Pudlugger
09-07-2003, 09:20 PM
Old Cardinal:
I just think Polls are so superficial, Barbers Hill, Elgin and several other High Enrollments can whip all of the probable Division IIs by Playoff time.Elgin will not whip La Grange in district 24 and LG will most likely go D2. Old Cardinal you always seem to underestimate the Leps. And I doubt that those big enrollment schools could whip Newton,Bellville,Marlin,Daingerfield etc etc etc. You make too much of the enrollment numbers. I know how you feel about depth and late season injuries but many of these small schools have 30 or more very talented players and can adjust.

crzyjournalist03
09-07-2003, 09:20 PM
quite a drop for Forney for losing to a top 10 4A school

Keith7
09-07-2003, 09:25 PM
MonkeyJoe:
what was gainesville ranked at last week?We were 18.. we moved up a spot!

MonkeyJoe
09-07-2003, 09:49 PM
SWEET...

Hazben
09-07-2003, 09:58 PM
Haven't kept up with kennedale...i think they beat Everman last year to give them there only loss? Should they be perhapse in the top 25?

Old Cardinal
09-07-2003, 10:06 PM
To Pudlucker: I am sorry, maybe I don't see La Grange as that superior- They were just another 11-2 team like New Boston, Bridge City, Fairfield...I know you beat Elgin 13-10 last season at mid year. I think they will beat you this season. Please don't think it's personal, I just see the slight edge slip over to the big schools by seasons end...

Gilmer Buckeye
09-07-2003, 10:19 PM
I can't quarrel with Gilmer's rating nor Daingerfield moving up to No. 5. Gilmer is not a Top 10 team at this point. We have been inconsistent on defense and our kicking game borders on obscenely bad at times. We have scored 14 TDs in two games Multiply this by 7 and we should have 98 points. Instead we have 91 points. This will eventually cost us a game if not corrected.

<small>[ September 07, 2003, 10:20 PM: Message edited by: Gilmer Buckeye ]</small>

aamove
09-07-2003, 10:40 PM
crzyjournalist03:
quite a drop for Forney for losing to a top 10 4A schoolI agree,to drop that far by losing to Horn which is a good 4A team is a little more than I expected. Especially when Marlin was left in the top ten and they haven't won yet. But I guess I would rather our team have this happen early in the season, instead of later. There's still time to make corrections.

marlin fan
09-07-2003, 10:42 PM
aamove:
[QUOTE]Originally posted by crzyjournalist03:
<strong>quite a drop for Forney for losing to a top 10 4A schoolI agree,to drop that far by losing to Horn which is a good 4A team is a little more than I expected. Especially when Marlin was left in the top ten and they haven't won yet. But I guess I would rather our team have this happen early in the season, instead of later. There's still time to make corrections.</strong>[/QUOTE
Yall are prolly ranked lower than us becuase yall have played two games and we only played one

aamove
09-07-2003, 10:51 PM
marlin fan

Yall are prolly ranked lower than us becuase yall have played two games and we only played one[/QB]Yes but we did win against a good 4A team (Aledo) in the zero week. 50% is still better than 0%. And I do hope that Marlin fares well this season. Y'all have been one of my favorite teams since you beat Ennis last year.

FormerBellvilleBrahma
09-07-2003, 10:57 PM
Bellville will have to get a lot better to stay in the top 5, Bellville is good, but they have the potential to be awesome. The Brahmas are about half way there, and need to get to 80 to 90% there in the next two week's, or they will have trouble with Elgin and Rice. Bellville can find ways to beat good teams, even when they dont play up to there potential, but they better get rolling at 90% in the next few weeks! And take each game week by week!
Good luck to the Brahmas, beat St Thomas!!

marlin fan
09-07-2003, 11:00 PM
yeah im pulling for forney and good luck to Bellville tooo!!!!!

<small>[ September 07, 2003, 11:01 PM: Message edited by: marlin fan ]</small>

kaorder1999
09-07-2003, 11:21 PM
ive sen commerc ein person and ive seen forney on film....commerce is not better than forney!

Pudlugger
09-07-2003, 11:21 PM
Old Cardinal:
To Pudlucker: I am sorry, maybe I don't see La Grange as that superior- They were just another 11-2 team like New Boston, Bridge City, Fairfield...I know you beat Elgin 13-10 last season at mid year. I think they will beat you this season. Please don't think it's personal, I just see the slight edge slip over to the big schools by seasons end...We beat Elgin in Elgin which is not an easy thing to do if you know anything about that stadium and home fans. La Grange has 670 or so students and I don't think the bigger schools necessarily are better look at the 4a Austin schools like Johnston LBJ etc. La Grange could whip many 4a schools and I bet some 5a as well. Numbers only matter when you have the coaching, tradition of winning, community support, and dedicated players who can stay elegible in UIL. You continue to underestimate the small schools. Look at Marlin and Bellville. Do you think they are going to fizzle in the late season or play-offs? I think not. And its Pudlugger :rolleyes:

Old Cardinal
09-08-2003, 07:43 AM
Pudlugger: You may be right; however, it was Gonzales 36 Elgin 34 and then Elgin 41 Austin Travis 6...I really don't think La Grange has established a superiority position over everyone in your District. We will just have to wait and see...

crzyjournalist03
09-08-2003, 09:46 AM
oh well, I guess being at 12 will at least take the big "X" mark off our backs.

this is the way we ball
09-08-2003, 11:32 AM
Don't worry Hazben. Matthew328 is still sore over last year. He never has wanted to give Kennedale any propts. Oh well, rankings are only good for discussion boards.

Bellville22
09-08-2003, 11:45 AM
FormerBellvilleBrahma:
Bellville will have to get a lot better to stay in the top 5, Bellville is good, but they have the potential to be awesome. The Brahmas are about half way there, and need to get to 80 to 90% there in the next two week's, or they will have trouble with Elgin and Rice. Bellville can find ways to beat good teams, even when they dont play up to there potential, but they better get rolling at 90% in the next few weeks! And take each game week by week!
Good luck to the Brahmas, beat St Thomas!!The Brahmas MUST be at 100% if they plan to stay on the field with Rice, who I believe should be higher than where they are (but I've expressed my opinion about polls before). If we show up 80%, they will humiliate us at our own Homecoming. These teams don't really like each other all that much, I look for both to show up with their A-games, and I expect a high scoring, down to the wire, shootout between two very talented teams.

I can't stand the #4 in front of Bellville, because I don't think we've earned it, yet. This team can be very very good, but they must improve on some things in a hurry if they plan on being in the mix later on. I'm not dogging my boys, I have all the faith in the world that they'll be clicking by the time district rolls around, they just need to focus each week, especially against these teams they can beat, work on some things, and finish the week a better team than they started.

FormerBellvilleBrahma
09-08-2003, 12:03 PM
Hey 22, looks like we are on the same page, if Bellville can beat Elgin and Rice they deserve to be at #4 but they will have to prove it in the coming weeks!
Did you go to the Aggie game on Sat? How did they look, we could not get it on TV, and I did not want to pay for it!
Go Bellville Beat ST. Thomas!!!!

Matthew328
09-08-2003, 12:30 PM
this is the way we ball:
Don't worry Hazben. Matthew328 is still sore over last year. He never has wanted to give Kennedale any propts. Oh well, rankings are only good for discussion boards.Sore over last year?? Why would that be? I was pretty happy with the way last year turned out for Everman...seems to me Kennedale had their state title game 12 weeks too early when they played Everman..but that was last year and Kennedale was a GREAT team...but so far they haven't shown me they are worthy of being in the top 25 yet...especially when you give up 44 points to a Crandall team that isn't that good..I know it's first game and heck last year Kennedale lost to a Crandall squad who I thought wasn't that great....all I'm saying is Kennedale is close to being top 25 but they aren't quite there yet..and I hope come Week 4 both Kennedale and Everman are 3-0..

lbc05
09-08-2003, 01:19 PM
polls are exactly what they are polls.. i think BC had a good team .. sometimes i think BC fans dont even understand the talent that they have... and even if they arent that good they still had tremendous amount of speed.. whenever you have a guy like #28 who finished 2nd in the state in the 100 meter dash you should feel good about your team.. sorry that wasnt really the point of this topic but never got to express my feelings on the game from last week.. but thanks mat for the top 25 bid maybe we (liberty) can keep you interested in our team the rest of the year

Pudlugger
09-08-2003, 01:33 PM
Old Cardinal:
Pudlugger: You may be right; however, it was Gonzales 36 Elgin 34 and then Elgin 41 Austin Travis 6...I really don't think La Grange has established a superiority position over everyone in your District. We will just have to wait and see...No the Leps haven't established a superiority position, thank goodness they haven't. Any team that thinks like that is sure to get beaten (Burnet fans take note). La Grange, Elgin, Giddings and Manor all have the capability to beat any one of the other on a given Friday depending on so many variables. I do think this Leopard team is beginning to gel into a very good football team and hopefully they will win district. Right now however the focus is on Sealy, always tough and hosting the Leps on Homecoming. wink

this is the way we ball
09-08-2003, 01:41 PM
Matt how do you know how good Crandall was last year or this year. Have you been to any of their games??? If they are so bad then why were they ranked by Dave Campbell's as the #25 team in the state?

I can't argue that Kennedale's defense was terrible the other night. But according to you that must have had nothing to do with Crandall's offense.

Hey it's your poll. Put whoever you want to in the top 25. Just don't pretend to be a fan after 9/26

Hazben
09-08-2003, 01:46 PM
Well matt thanks for the input,but wasn't crandall projected # 25 in the TF mag.? Area finalist. now even though 44 points were put on kennedale..didn't they come out on top?..yes you are correct about the first game..jitters?

Gobbla2001
09-08-2003, 01:55 PM
Just because DC ranks you doesn't mean you're going to be as good as he says you are...

I remember being ranked #2 in '99 by DCTF... We finished 8-4? Two district losses?

Rankings don't mean crap... Matt's prediction is just like DCTF's prediction, they both have their feelings about Crandall...

Hazben
09-08-2003, 01:58 PM
well gobbla even if i was from crandall i wouldn't care on how they finished..just was comparing some polls that is all!

crzyjournalist03
09-08-2003, 02:36 PM
this is the way we ball:
Matt how do you know how good Crandall was last year or this year. Have you been to any of their games??? If they are so bad then why were they ranked by Dave Campbell's as the #25 team in the state?

I can't argue that Kennedale's defense was terrible the other night. But according to you that must have had nothing to do with Crandall's offense.

Hey it's your poll. Put whoever you want to in the top 25. Just don't pretend to be a fan after 9/26[sigh] here it is folks. The first official prediction that Crandall will win against Forney for the second time (ever).

Bongo
09-08-2003, 02:40 PM
Bellville 22 and FBB: you guys are right. We have a couple of positions on defense where we are exposed. Hopefully over the next couple of weeks we can plug those holes. I think we can score with the best of them, but defense still wins championships.

Showtime33
09-08-2003, 02:49 PM
I think Lindale should be in the top 25.

reptard7isCRAZY
09-08-2003, 02:50 PM
Can somebody clue me in on who Gilmer is? Collier-Sharp has had them ranked #2 all year. And i was just wondering why they were so highly ranked...

Gobbla2001
09-08-2003, 03:11 PM
Well if Bellville's defense can stop the trap then they'll be fighting a pretty good short-passing game... Once the pass gets going RC feels that they can run the trap here and there on a losened up D...

FormerBellvilleBrahma
09-08-2003, 06:28 PM
Hey Bongo, Bellville also needs to work on zone defense, they still look a little dazed on who, and how close they need to cover someone. Also hope the linebackers get a little meaner :mad:
Lets go Bellville get this thing put together, before next week!
Go Bellville Beat the Eagles!!!!

Gilmer Buckeye
09-08-2003, 07:02 PM
Gilmer has won in two different districts the last two years and ran the table in both of them. The young coach, Jeff Traylor, is a real comer. He did not predict we would win state, but that infamous misquote has gone all the way to El Paso and back. He said our goal was to win state, just as any team's should be.

Gilmer had the misfortune of meeting up with Daingerfield in bi-district last season. Final was 36-23. I think even many in Tiger Land would agree that we would have gone a few rounds further had we not been in their bracket.

Practically everybody is back. It's the fourth yaer of the Traylor system. We have depth. We have suffered only one injury in preseason (a very fine linebacker named Jose Ibarra--out for the year :mad: ).

Our offense is simply awesome with balance between rushing and passing and a QB, Derek McKenzie, who runs a no-huddle track meet each game. Kicking game is very suspect. Defense needs to come around some.

Bottom line: I think we are somewhat overrated and I was surprised we stayed at No. 2 this week, although we did lose four power points after the near-debacle at Jefferson the other night.

LHSCheerleader
09-08-2003, 08:41 PM
I think that our guys have a really good shot in doing something great this year.. We have great d..with the MossTrain and the BOcomotive..and an awesome O with Suga Shane.. But.. yes I would love to see us make it to State...or even past the 3rd round in the playoffs..I love to cheer for something that gives me something to cheer about.. so how about let's make that come true Panthers??

Matthew328
09-09-2003, 07:29 AM
this is the way we ball:

Hey it's your poll. Put whoever you want to in the top 25. Just don't pretend to be a fan after 9/26LOL man you are really giving my boys from Everman bulletin board material...and like they needed it from you guys but Sep 26 is a couple of weeks away...we have a tough game Sat...personally I've never had much faith in Crandall..sure they'll make the playoffs and even go a round or two deep but that's it..as for them being ranked in DCTF top 25..well there have been teams ranked higher than Crandall in the past and haven't done well...Snyder and Bonham come to mind from last year..both were preseason top 20 and Snyder lost in the first round and Bonham didn't even make the playoffs...so being ranked in preseason DCTF doesn't mean all that much

Jimbotex40
09-09-2003, 08:07 AM
crandall, just stick to basketball.

yeah, i know you beat us in '98 for the first time ever out of 50+ games or so, but i can promise itll never happen again. goodbye.

Showtime33
09-09-2003, 10:48 AM
Hey Jimbo, just stick to running around with a flag.

Wbulldogs
09-09-2003, 02:18 PM
i dont think ne one is givin wylie ne credit...last night n the news it had sweetwater at 11 ballinger at12 and wylie at 13

crzyjournalist03
09-09-2003, 02:20 PM
that's the third thread you've posted that same message on in the last 10 minutes.

crzyjournalist03
09-09-2003, 02:22 PM
Matthew328:

this is the way we ball:

Hey it's your poll. Put whoever you want to in the top 25. Just don't pretend to be a fan after 9/26LOL man you are really giving my boys from Everman bulletin board material...and like they needed it from you guys but Sep 26 is a couple of weeks away...we have a tough game Sat...personally I've never had much faith in Crandall..sure they'll make the playoffs and even go a round or two deep but that's it..as for them being ranked in DCTF top 25..well there have been teams ranked higher than Crandall in the past and haven't done well...Snyder and Bonham come to mind from last year..both were preseason top 20 and Snyder lost in the first round and Bonham didn't even make the playoffs...so being ranked in preseason DCTF doesn't mean all that muchhow is that bulletin board material for Everman? He's trying to insult Forney.

Showtime33
09-09-2003, 03:57 PM
He could be talking about Kennedale vs Everman because they also play on Sept.26 if im not mistaken.

Jimbotex40
09-09-2003, 04:52 PM
showtime, i realize how hard it is to say something that makes me feel worse than crandall must feel about only having beat forney once in football in 50+ attempts, but hey, good try!!!!

crzyjournalist03
09-09-2003, 06:26 PM
lol Jimmy