PDA

View Full Version : columbus vs smithville

fourbeee
10-09-2008, 06:18 PM
I may have missed this, or does anyone have any thoughts on this game. I guess since Smithville lost a game, does everyone think their season is in the tank? They have a good football team and are very fast and I think they will beat Columbus Friday. I still think they will be a factor in a very tough district. They are the fastest team I have seen this year. I have seen Marion, La Vernia, Wimberley, La Grange, Columbus, and Rice Cons. I saw film on Cuero, so it is hard to tell how they stack up with their speed.
Smithville 35
Columbus 28

nunya
10-09-2008, 06:21 PM
What may not happen, but should:
Smithville plays with fury because of making all the hype about them sound exaggerated last week in losing to a mediocre Yoakum team.

Tigers by 4

IHStangFan
10-09-2008, 06:47 PM
I think Columbus will absolutely own Smithville. Columbus by 2TDs at least.

Pudlugger
10-09-2008, 07:29 PM
No, this is a new paradigm. Smithville is a very tough football team this year and Columbus has had a panty waist schedule and will get a huge wedgy courtesy of the Tigers Friday night.:D

Watcher
10-09-2008, 07:32 PM
Hey Pudhugger maybe you and trenches can host the crowlache festival after Bellville as you quote "Donky Stomps" La Grange Friday night You will have plenty of time to find your panties while you are making up your excuses.

Pudlugger
10-09-2008, 07:34 PM
Well, you are welcome to sniff them if you insist.:evillol:

IHStangFan
10-09-2008, 07:36 PM
If La Grange manages to beat Bellville, I'll be a believer.

Pudlugger
10-09-2008, 07:40 PM
Originally posted by IHStangFan
If La Grange manages to beat Bellville, I'll be a believer.

Get ready to believe 'Stang 'cause the Leps will roll Friday and beat Bellville.:cool:

IHStangFan
10-09-2008, 07:41 PM
Originally posted by Pudlugger
Get ready to believe 'Stang 'cause the Leps will roll Friday and beat Bellville.:cool: :clap: Make me a believer Leps!

Watcher
10-09-2008, 07:45 PM
Come on Pudlugger that's enough to kill a thread.

Pudlugger
10-09-2008, 07:55 PM
:devil:

fourbeee
10-09-2008, 08:22 PM
"What may not happen, but should:
Smithville plays with fury because of making all the hype about them sound exaggerated last week in losing to a mediocre Yoakum team."

Yoakum is not a mediocre football team, not a great team, but far from being mediocre.

STAggie
10-09-2008, 10:23 PM
Columbus takes this one easily. Btw, I think it is funny how teams east of Columbus think Columbus and Bellville will win and teams West of Columbus think Smithville and La Grange will win. Isn't it weird how battle lines are drawn.

Necks_Fan
10-09-2008, 10:26 PM
Columbus 30-24

Smithville won't be able to hang. Will fall just short in a valiant comback effort.

buff4ever
10-09-2008, 10:30 PM
IMO, if smithville doesn't win this game by 17 or more, all the hype about this year has been for nothing but an easy schedule. Columbus should finish last in this district unless smithville doesn't want to give up their spot.

IHStangFan
10-09-2008, 10:38 PM
Originally posted by buff4ever
IMO, if smithville doesn't win this game by 17 or more, all the hype about this year has been for nothing but an easy schedule. Columbus should finish last in this district unless smithville doesn't want to give up their spot. time will tell.

Bull's-eye
10-10-2008, 01:30 AM
Columbus by a TD.

baseballmom
10-10-2008, 11:40 AM
This will be hard fought battle. I think it comes down to who can keep a handle on there penalties.

Kickin It
10-10-2008, 02:30 PM
IMO, if smithville doesn't win this game by 17 or more, all the hype about this year has been for nothing but an easy schedule. Columbus should finish last in this district unless smithville doesn't want to give up their spot.

Some people absolutely amaze me, but C-Town knows exactly what to expect from other towns, NO RESPECT! By all means keep posting that sort of thing because it is exactly what drives this team. BTW, buff4ever, you might want to get your defense juiced up before you start talking trash about who is going to get last in the district! Maybe give up less than 250 yards rushing one game and then run your mouth!!!

deer spotter
10-10-2008, 03:14 PM
You should see if they would let you change your name to"buffrworm".

Kickin It
10-10-2008, 03:26 PM
Originally posted by Pudlugger
No, this is a new paradigm. Smithville is a very tough football team this year and Columbus has had a panty waist schedule and will get a huge wedgy courtesy of the Tigers Friday night.:D

Panty waist schedule? You guys played Yoakum and where supposed to play Needville, teams C-Town played. So what does that say about yalls schedule? Oh I guess Goliad and Gonzales make the schedule that much tougher. Nice post. :thinking: