PDA

View Full Version : 3A Downlow Football League TRADE (Owners Please Read)

JR2004
10-09-2008, 03:57 PM
Moderators please don't combine this thread with the other thread talking about the 3ADownlow football league. This is kind of an FYI for those who might not check their email each day.

We currently have a trade in the league and I would like a yes or no vote from each of you on it. There is a 48 hour window on all trades, this one included.

Golems receives: WR Chad Johnson

The Armadillos receives: WR Roy Williams and the Carolina Defense.

You can either send me an email with your vote (My email is on the manager list on the league page.) or you can post it here.

I already have Rita's vote and I would appreciate the rest of you weighing in. Up to 11 folks can vote on this. The policy I have is I cast no vote myself on a trade if either everyone votes or we have an odd number of votes cast. In the event that an even number of people (For instance only 10 owners vote and it's 5 to 5.) vote and there is a deadlock I will cast a vote. Other than that I'm not voting on any trade.

For future reference the only other way a trade will not go through is if there is evidence of collusion between owners. An example would be if you saw Drew Brees traded for Hank Baskett and the Rams defense. It would have to be something obvious like that.

Anyhow please give me your vote ASAP. I would appreciate it.

jason
10-09-2008, 04:05 PM
i know i am invovled in this trade - but i think a vote for 'no' should have to give a legit reason - something other than 'i dont like this person' or 'no, because im playing them this week and it makes them better than me'.....

a trade between 2 organizations is no business of others as long is it is a fair trade as far as value of players go - if it is something obvious, like a tony romo for some hurt kicker, then yeah, its a 'no'......

just my $.02..............

JR2004
10-09-2008, 04:19 PM
Originally posted by jason
i know i am invovled in this trade - but i think a vote for 'no' should have to give a legit reason - something other than 'i dont like this person' or 'no, because im playing them this week and it makes them better than me'.....

a trade between 2 organizations is no business of others as long is it is a fair trade as far as value of players go - if it is something obvious, like a tony romo for some hurt kicker, then yeah, its a 'no'......

just my $.02..............

1. All that is required is a yes or no vote. That's it. If someone wants to explain a no vote to me they are free to do so, but it is not required.

2. This isn't the NFL. This is a fantasy league. ANY trade is the business of every other owner in the league. Some of your responses seem to indicate you want the league run exactly how you believe it should be run (I only go by what you've said). The league is run with the best interests of EVERY owner taken into account, not just one.

Last year the league was run by a commissioner who thought it best to run it (ruin it would work here too) with authoritarian rule. That commissioner took into account his opinion (He was kind of the Al Davis of fantasy football) and his alone and wound up banning those who disagreed with his stupidity. That is not going to happen again. I've been the commissioner of fantasy leagues going back to 2001 if memory serves correct and I've yet to ever have to veto a trade based on collusion as far as I remember.

Anyhow the rest of you send in your votes on this. I would appreciate it.

crzyjournalist03
10-09-2008, 04:30 PM
you know, you could always set the trade rule to "League votes" then the commissioner wouldn't have to get letters from the other owners.

sahen
10-09-2008, 05:08 PM
Originally posted by JR2004

For future reference the only other way a trade will not go through is if there is evidence of collusion between owners. An example would be if you saw Drew Brees traded for Hank Baskett and the Rams defense. It would have to be something obvious like that.

and for more future reference, if a trade liek that comes through for Drew Brees then someone took over my computer and please dont let it through..gonna have to offer me the whole farm to get rid of him barring injury....

on to the actual issue, i have no problem with the trade so that is a yes from me...

JR2004
10-09-2008, 05:09 PM
Originally posted by sahen
and for more future reference, if a trade liek that comes through for Drew Brees then someone took over my computer and please dont let it through..gonna have to offer me the whole farm to get rid of him barring injury....

on to the actual issue, i have no problem with the trade so that is a yes from me...

Thank you for your vote.

SintonFan_inAustin
10-09-2008, 05:39 PM
hmm could finsh with a vote of ocho cinco

eagles_victory
10-09-2008, 05:53 PM
Im playing Golems this week so this does have an effect on the Ev Nation. However, it looks fair to me so i defintely approve this trade hope it works out for both teams unless they are playing me.

Fal44
10-09-2008, 07:25 PM
yes

JR2004
10-09-2008, 09:14 PM
Originally posted by eagles_victory
Im playing Golems this week so this does have an effect on the Ev Nation. However, it looks fair to me so i defintely approve this trade hope it works out for both teams unless they are playing me.

Thank you for your vote.

JR2004
10-09-2008, 09:15 PM
Originally posted by Fal44
yes

Thank you for yours too.

Maroon87
10-09-2008, 10:08 PM
I vote yes...

JR2004
10-10-2008, 03:17 AM
Originally posted by Maroon87
I vote yes...

Thank you for your input on this matter.