PDA

View Full Version : Teams You Would Like to Play?

Bullaholic
10-09-2008, 10:34 AM
If you could persuade your coach to play any schools in non-district, which ones would they be, and why?

For Bridgeport:

Celina-- Always scimmaged them, but never played them. I want
to witness firsthand that "Dreamcicle" orange hoard and
all they bring. Plus we won't have to argue over who
won the scrimmages each year.

Liberty Hill-- Why not play one of the best? I want to see that
3-headed monster and LHPM and fans both in action.

Abilene Wylie--- Decatur always gets knocked off by these guys
and I want to see if the Bulls could do the job.
Plus they bring a big crowd and a lot of
tradition.

jason
10-09-2008, 10:36 AM
would have liked to see forney vs burnet in 01

LH Panther Mom
10-09-2008, 10:37 AM
I am declining to voice my opinion on who I'd like to see us play. The last time I posted it on here, it came true. :eek: :eek: :doh:

Bullaholic
10-09-2008, 10:40 AM
Originally posted by LH Panther Mom
I am declining to voice my opinion on who I'd like to see us play. The last time I posted it on here, it came true. :eek: :eek: :doh:

Well, it doesn't have to be in the playoffs, it could be a regular season non-district game. There are so many interesting teams that I would like to be able to see while watching the Bulls at the same time.

DaHop72
10-09-2008, 10:41 AM
Cuero and Aransas Pass. ;) ;)

jason
10-09-2008, 10:42 AM
celina vs euless trinity

burnet vs kansas city chiefs

44INAROW
10-09-2008, 10:48 AM
Originally posted by DaHop72
Cuero and Aransas Pass. ;) ;)

and play in Snyder :D

DaHop72
10-09-2008, 10:50 AM
Originally posted by 44INAROW
and play in Snyder :D :thumbsup: Well, of course. :D

raider red 2000
10-09-2008, 10:50 AM
Originally posted by jason

burnet vs kansas city chiefs

classic :)

raider red 2000
10-09-2008, 10:51 AM
Originally posted by Bullaholic
If you could persuade your coach to play any schools in non-district, which ones would they be, and why?

any really bad team....we need a W.

0-5 really stings :(

Daddy D 11
10-09-2008, 10:56 AM
I'd love to play Snyder:devil:

Plus, at the state baseball tournament yall had an exceptional amount of good looking gals walking around. I wouldn't mind seeing that again too:)

Bullaholic
10-09-2008, 10:58 AM
and play in Snyder :D

Oh, we can get even more imaginative 44'---How about:

Sweetwater vs Snyder in Midland or Abilene for the D2 title?

Celina vs Brownwood at Stephenville for the D2 title?

How many "hits" do you think those game threads would get before they were closed? :D

LH Panther Mom
10-09-2008, 11:06 AM
Well, it doesn't have to be in the playoffs, it could be a regular season non-district game. There are so many interesting teams that I would like to be able to see while watching the Bulls at the same time.
It was non-district I opened my mouth about. :D

SintonFan_inAustin
10-09-2008, 01:34 PM
and play in Snyder :D and on a Wednesday when its almost impossible for many to see.:)

DaHop72
10-09-2008, 01:52 PM
Originally posted by SintonFan_inAustin
and on a Wednesday when its almost impossible for many to see.:) :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

RattlerDude
10-09-2008, 01:57 PM
I hope Navasota gets to play Liberty Hill again. They got us bad last time but our team has greatly improved. It would be a great game.

waterboy
10-09-2008, 02:03 PM
Gilmer vs. Liberty Hill

I want another shot at the title, please!:mad: :D

trojan37
10-09-2008, 02:11 PM
We used to play Cameron, and I wouldn't mind seeing that one scheduled again. And since we aren't in the old 17-3A anymore I would like West to schedule Robinson, Connally, etc. Those used to be some good games. Alvarado is another I wouldn't mind seeing again.

t-bird
10-09-2008, 02:17 PM
Originally posted by RattlerDude
I hope Navasota gets to play Liberty Hill again. They got us bad last time but our team has greatly improved. It would be a great game.

Man, what's done is done dude.

trojan37
10-09-2008, 02:21 PM
Originally posted by t-bird
Man, what's done is done dude.

What's that supposed to mean? Have you not ever wanted a rematch against a team you played?

t-bird
10-09-2008, 02:22 PM
Originally posted by trojan37
What's that supposed to mean? Have you not ever wanted a rematch against a team you played?

That's not what it means in the context of his comment.

Daddy D 11
10-09-2008, 02:24 PM
Originally posted by RattlerDude

We'd kill you again:devil: :p

t-bird
10-09-2008, 02:26 PM
Originally posted by Daddy D 11
We'd kill you again:devil: :p

Again? I don't think anybody died the first time.

Daddy D 11
10-09-2008, 02:27 PM

Okay, I'll re-state it..we will run for 600+ yards on you again and be up by 5 TD's in the second:p That better?

t-bird
10-09-2008, 02:29 PM
Okay, I'll re-state it..we will run for 600+ yards on you again and be up by 5 TD's in the second:p That better?

Umm...Its more accurate, Idk if I'd say better though, lol.

Phil C
10-09-2008, 02:30 PM
From Sinton

I wish we could play Taft and Odem. They were great rivalries due to being about 7 miles from Sinton but when they went into 2A they dropped us from their schedule which I can't blame them. I also really enjoyed the games we had with Raymondville a few years ago. Those were good competitive games.

cshscougar08
10-09-2008, 02:31 PM
I would like for us to play Liberty Hill. Honestly don't know how that one would turn out. We proved ourselves last year of being able to play with the big boys, and LH has proven to be vulnerable this year. It would be a good one no doubt. #1 vs. #2 (AP-wise). Top 5 match up anyway you look at it.

Daddy D 11
10-09-2008, 02:33 PM
Originally posted by cshscougar08
I would like for us to play Liberty Hill. Honestly don't know how that one would turn out. We proved ourselves last year of being able to play with the big boys, and LH has proven to be vulnerable this year. It would be a good one no doubt. #1 vs. #2 (AP-wise). Top 5 match up anyway you look at it.
That'd be a good game.

No Eskew though could make a difference. But then again, in 2006 all you did was run tricky plays against us:mad:

JR2004
10-09-2008, 02:41 PM
I'd like to see us play the mighty SINTON PIRATES. Rita make this happen!

cshscougar08
10-09-2008, 02:42 PM
That'd be a good game.

No Eskew though could make a difference. But then again, in 2006 all you did was run tricky plays against us:mad:

Until you finally figured out how to stop us. Then it was over. I knew going into that game the question wasn't could we stop your run game, it was could you stop our pass game? And there for the first half you didn't. But then we got to the second half. . . . . .

Daddy D 11
10-09-2008, 02:44 PM
Until you finally figured out how to stop us. Then it was over. I knew going into that game the question wasn't could we stop your run game, it was could you stop our pass game? And there for the first half you didn't. But then we got to the second half. . . . . .

That year we made great second half adjustments on defense. We bent alot, but never really broke. Yall's friggin triple reverse passes were killer.

DaHop72
10-09-2008, 02:47 PM
and play in Snyder :D I bet someone else gets it also. :) :)

cshscougar08
10-09-2008, 02:47 PM
That year we made great second half adjustments on defense. We bent alot, but never really broke. Yall's friggin triple reverse passes were killer.

Yeah you really did in that game.

I don't think we've run anything of the sort since that game actually. You should feel privileged. ;)

Daddy D 11
10-09-2008, 02:54 PM
Yeah you really did in that game.

I don't think we've run anything of the sort since that game actually. You should feel privileged. ;)

It worked damn good, I dont know why you wouldnt?

So, is it true we might meet in the first round?

44INAROW
10-09-2008, 02:58 PM
Oh, we can get even more imaginative 44'---How about:

Sweetwater vs Snyder in Midland or Abilene for the D2 title?

Celina vs Brownwood at Stephenville for the D2 title?

How many "hits" do you think those game threads would get before they were closed? :D

We'd probably have a "downlow overload" :D
I'd like to see a rematch of the Cuero vs AW game from 2004 - a complete "redo" of the last 2 mins... ;)

44INAROW
10-09-2008, 03:00 PM
dang T-Bird - lighten up on being so literal- we're just having a little fun here............ It's been a LONG week and some of us have had an open week last week. Withdrawls are a killer:p

44INAROW
10-09-2008, 03:01 PM
I bet someone else gets it also. :) :)

you'd think so anyway.. Jeez - some folks need a dose of castor oil :D :D :D

cshscougar08
10-09-2008, 03:07 PM
It worked damn good, I dont know why you wouldnt?

So, is it true we might meet in the first round?

If we're both DI yes. The likelihood of that happening isn't that great with Gatesville playing well.

Daddy D 11
10-09-2008, 03:15 PM
If we're both DI yes. The likelihood of that happening isn't that great with Gatesville playing well.

It looks like we will though. With Wimberley and LH beating Burnet already, if Llano beats 'em this week. That pretty much cements Llano in. Then all we would need is for Wimberley to win out, minus losing to LH of course:) And we are DI. Hellloooo Wylie:devil:

DaHop72
10-09-2008, 03:21 PM
And we are DI. Hellloooo Wylie:devil: Careful what you wish for, sometimes reruns are any fun. :D

Daddy D 11
10-09-2008, 03:27 PM
Careful what you wish for, sometimes reruns are any fun. :D

Oh, I know. But who doesn't love to see great games? If I could choose, LH would play: WOS, Wylie, Cuero, Gilmer, and Celina every year for Pre-District. I'd throw Brownwood, La Vega and China Spring in there every once in a while, when they finally field competitive teams.:p

cshscougar08
10-09-2008, 03:37 PM
It looks like we will though. With Wimberley and LH beating Burnet already, if Llano beats 'em this week. That pretty much cements Llano in. Then all we would need is for Wimberley to win out, minus losing to LH of course:) And we are DI. Hellloooo Wylie:devil:

Yeah I was thinking the same thing. Oh well.

LH Panther Mom
10-09-2008, 05:21 PM
Oh, I know. But who doesn't love to see great games? If I could choose, LH would play: WOS, Wylie, Cuero, Gilmer, and Celina every year for Pre-District. I'd throw Brownwood, La Vega and China Spring in there every once in a while, when they finally field competitive teams.:p
Great! Like I didn't already have heartburn this year for pre-district. :helpme: :twitch: :crazy1:

slingshot
10-09-2008, 06:30 PM
Wylie vs Celina... or China Spring in pre district. Would be fun! We could just replace LH and LaVega after next year with those two... Hmmm.

nobogey72
10-09-2008, 06:53 PM
The team I'd love to play this year would be any team in Region 4, because that would only be possible in the State Finals.:)

Rocket
10-09-2008, 07:03 PM

You sure you wanna call out that kind of schedule when all your talent graduates and Coach Vance and the Slot T leaves with them? :tisk:

Might want to think about that... LOL

IHStangFan
10-09-2008, 07:07 PM
I would sell my own blood for a Needville-vs-Sinton matchup and a Needville-vs-Ingleside matchup!!

piratebg
10-09-2008, 07:42 PM
I would like to see Sinton play:

2A Odem
2A Refugio
3A Sealy
4A Alice

piratebg
10-09-2008, 07:43 PM
Originally posted by IHStangFan
I would sell my own blood for a Needville-vs-Sinton matchup

That could be fun. :)

IHStangFan
10-09-2008, 07:43 PM
Originally posted by piratebg
I would like to see Sinton play:

2A Odem W
2A Refugio L
3A Sealy Toss Up
4A Alice L

:D

IHStangFan
10-09-2008, 07:44 PM
Originally posted by piratebg
That could be fun. :) That would more than likely be a great game between these two teams this year...last year...Needville would have throttled anyone out of 30-3A including Ingleside.

bobcat1
10-09-2008, 08:00 PM
Cuero for tradition, Liberty Hill for revenge, Brownwood to make Rodney cry, Gilmer because we owe them, LaVega because they beat Rodney's team, China Springs for fun again, :p Dangerfield for sneaking up on teenagers twice.:mad:

garciap77
10-09-2008, 08:24 PM
Celina vs Cowboys!;)

Wylie vs Celina!:p

LH Panther Mom
10-09-2008, 08:54 PM
Originally posted by Rocket
You sure you wanna call out that kind of schedule when all your talent graduates and Coach Vance and the Slot T leaves with them? :tisk:

When is that happening? Do you have a crystal ball over there or something? :thinking: :p

offduty
10-10-2008, 08:44 AM
it would be cool if we played teams like

Cuero
Gilmer
Sweetwater
Abilene Wylie
Brownwood
West Orange-Stark
Sinton
Burnet
Snyder

trojan37
10-10-2008, 08:54 AM
I think the Downlow needs to get some big time sponsorship and put together a Week 0 Downlow Classic and make a bunch of these games happen.

garciap77
10-10-2008, 09:49 AM
Originally posted by trojan37
I think the Downlow needs to get some big time sponsorship and put together a Week 0 Downlow Classic and make a bunch of these games happen.

Yeah! And since Brownwood is so good, maybe it can be the 3ADL all-stars vs the Mighty Brownwood Lions!

:D

P.S.

You think the all-stars stand a chance?

:thinking:

navscanmaster
10-10-2008, 10:22 AM

Do you honestly believe that would happen again? LH's defense and offense are both down from last year. They have still played well, but not dominated. I would love to have a rematch, and if you guys go DI, it could be for the state title.:clap: :clap: :clap:

Daddy D 11
10-10-2008, 10:25 AM
Originally posted by navscanmaster
Do you honestly believe that would happen again? LH's defense and offense are both down from last year. They have still played well, but not dominated. I would love to have a rematch, and if you guys go DI, it could be for the state title.:clap: :clap: :clap:

I don't think we'd get 600, but:devil:

navscanmaster
10-10-2008, 10:35 AM
I don't think we'd get 600, but:devil:

Well, tonights defensive performance against Caldwell will tell us alot. Good luck against Ingram Moore. *chuckles*:devil:

Daddy D 11
10-10-2008, 10:36 AM
Well, tonights defensive performance against Caldwell will tell us alot. Good luck against Ingram Moore. *chuckles*:devil:

Poor Ingram, they've lost like 20 something games in a row:(

LH Panther Mom
10-10-2008, 11:14 AM
LH's defense and offense are both down from last year. They have still played well, but not dominated.
I think it's very difficult to compare teams from year to year. The points scored may look like our offense is "down". We're averaging 480 ypg & 8.14 ypc. Last season we averaged 468 ypg & 7.98 ypc thru 14 games.

navscanmaster
10-10-2008, 11:36 AM
I think it's very difficult to compare teams from year to year. The points scored may look like our offense is "down". We're averaging 480 ypg & 8.14 ypc. Last season we averaged 468 ypg & 7.98 ypc thru 14 games.
Sorry about that. I was mainly referring to the mistakes on offense and the defense overall. I know you guys are still gaining a ton of yards/ypc.

LH Panther Mom
10-10-2008, 11:40 AM
Sorry about that. I was mainly referring to the mistakes on offense and the defense overall. I know you guys are still gaining a ton of yards/ypc.
I'm not sure I'd call it "mistakes" on offense when the other team's defense is popping balls out of our backs hands. The defense is definitely not as strong as last year, but then last year was (IMO) the best defense we've had since '02 & '03, for the most part (overall, not necessarily talent-wise).

sicem74
10-10-2008, 12:57 PM
i would have loved to play tatum....

navscanmaster
10-10-2008, 01:04 PM
I'm not sure I'd call it "mistakes" on offense when the other team's defense is popping balls out of our backs hands.
Sorry Deb, but if a player gets the ball "popped" out of their hands, it goes down as a mistake on their part. I know people are gunning for you guys, especially now that LH looks beatable. But turnovers are mistakes, no matter how good the hit is. It is up to the ball carrier to hold on to the ball.

LH Panther Mom
10-10-2008, 01:15 PM
Sorry Deb, but if a player gets the ball "popped" out of their hands, it goes down as a mistake on their part. I know people are gunning for you guys, especially now that LH looks beatable. But turnovers are mistakes, no matter how good the hit is. It is up to the ball carrier to hold on to the ball.
Good point! And I do agree, just giving the other teams' defenses some credit, because they've definitely deserved it. And honestly, 2-4 fumbles/game avg is pretty standard for us given the number of times we put it on the ground. It's not a "this year" thing.

navscanmaster
10-10-2008, 01:19 PM
Good point! And I do agree, just giving the other teams defenses some credit, because they've definitely deserved it. And honestly, 2-4 fumbles/game avg is pretty standard for us given the number of times we put it on the ground. It's not a "this year" thing.
So you think it is mainly the defense on both sides of the ball creating all these close games? I have only heard the end of the Giddings game and the whole Brownwood game on the radio, so I haven't really got a good perspective. Any way around it, I think it would be a pick 'em type game if Navasota and LH had a rematch.

BwdLion73
10-10-2008, 01:29 PM
Brownwood / Cuero.......because I guess I'm an old timer and live in the past.

;)

LH Panther Mom
10-10-2008, 01:35 PM
So you think it is mainly the defense on both sides of the ball creating all these close games? I have only heard the end of the Giddings game and the whole Brownwood game on the radio, so I haven't really got a good perspective. Any way around it, I think it would be a pick 'em type game if Navasota and LH had a rematch.
No, specifically I was talking about "mistakes" on offense. People are gunning for us. We "look" beatable. And again, our defense is not as strong overall as last year, with last year being unusually strong for us. Burnet had pretty much owned us for over a decade until 2 years ago and is a long-standing rivalry, so that being a close game is no surprise. And I'll go on record right now as saying that Wimberley will likely be another very close one.

But, we also have played different competition this year than the last two. To me, that's another factor in trying to compare years. And it could be a pick 'em type game if it were to happen. ;)

Old Green
10-10-2008, 03:01 PM
Originally posted by BwdLion73
Brownwood / Cuero.......because I guess I'm an old timer and live in the past.

;) Me too ! If it just wasn't 20 degrees at noon game time.;) we would:confused: :D

BwdLion73
10-10-2008, 03:47 PM
:iagree: