PDA

View Full Version : Brownwood/Wylie Sub Varsity Games

blowfish
10-09-2008, 09:38 AM
Just wondering if one schools sub-varsity teams dominate the others will that change your mind about the varsity game?

By the way 8th grade played Tuesday Wylie 40 Brownwood 12

Texasfootball2
10-09-2008, 09:42 AM
Originally posted by blowfish
Just wondering if one schools sub-varsity teams dominate the others will that change your mind about the varsity game?

By the way 8th grade played Tuesday Wylie 40 Brownwood 12

Usually has no bearing. Last year the Wylie JV totally dominated the Bwood JV in a game that was no constest and "Yes" they lost the Varsity game the next night.

blowfish
10-09-2008, 09:44 AM
I think we need to throw out last years stuff since we played in week 0.

This year each team knows what it has it aint going to change much the rest of the year.

Texasfootball2
10-09-2008, 09:47 AM
Originally posted by blowfish
I think we need to throw out last years stuff since we played in week 0.

This year each team knows what it has it aint going to change much the rest of the year.

I do agree that there is a total difference in playing week zero and playing week 7, but over the years I've notice that there is usually no comparison to what happens from Thursday night to Friday night.

Rocket
10-09-2008, 10:00 AM
We dominated LH on JV, didn't do much for us the next night.

All it gives you is a good idea on what's coming up, depending on the amount of underclassmen that are on varsity. But no, no effect on Friday night, I agree.

Rocket
10-09-2008, 10:03 AM
Originally posted by Texasfootball2
I do agree that there is a total difference in playing week zero and playing week 7, but over the years I've notice that there is usually no comparison to what happens from Thursday night to Friday night.

I agree that GOOD teams improve big time between Week 0 and Week 7, that is what makes them good. Black Magic can't seem to grasp that concept. :rolleyes: