PDA

View Full Version : Adam Jones and Trouble (merged)

BobcatBenny
10-08-2008, 10:17 PM
Is Adam Jones already in trouble again?

c-town_balla
10-08-2008, 10:21 PM
how do you get in a fight with your OWN bodygaurd?

BobcatBenny
10-08-2008, 10:22 PM
Adam Jones in altercation at Joule Hotel

Our Calvin Watkins reports:

Dallas Cowboys cornerback Adam Jones got into an altercation with one of his security guards at the Joule Hotel in downtown Dallas on Wednesday morning, according to Dallas Deputy Chief Vince Golbeck, who is a commander of the central patrol division.
Here's Calvin's story. (http://www.dallasnews.com/sharedcontent/dws/spt/football/cowboys/stories/100908dnspocowpacman.f39b836d.html)

Dallas Cowboys cornerback Adam Jones got into an altercation with one of his security guards at the Joule Hotel in downtown Dallas on Wednesday morning, according to Dallas Deputy Chief Vince Golbeck, who is a commander of the central patrol division.

Jones was having dinner at the hotel when a dispute occurred. Chief Golbeck said he believed Jones was staying at the hotel and may have been drinking.

Jones didn't comment about the incident.

The Cowboys also had no comment.

Jones was reinstated before the start of the regular season after serving a year-long suspension for violations of the NFL conduct policy. If Jones is ruled to be in violation again, he could get suspended again.

DU_stud04
10-08-2008, 10:28 PM
heard he didnt even pay for the broken mirror or his room :(

dont cowboys get a pick from the titans if he gets in an off field altercation?

IHStangFan
10-08-2008, 10:33 PM
Cowboys fans...I hate it when I'm right. This *ssclown is a lost cause that will wind up dead or in prison. Jerry Jones and his knack for running off talent **cough**Jimmy Johnson**cough** and attracting criminals is why I am not a Cowboys fan today after being raised and growing up one.

What a complete waste of talent. :doh:

Emerson1
10-08-2008, 11:07 PM
Originally posted by DU_stud04

It's they don't have to give up a pick if he doesn't finish out the season because of off field problems

BTownVBall3
10-08-2008, 11:13 PM
IHS, I guess you can continuewatching the Texans and being a loser then..He committed no crime, he is being charged with nothing. He'll pay for the mirror, fire his security guard, and be done with the incident. He has been a playmaker for the last 2 games and is a bright spot in that secondary.

Bottom line...Picking up Pacman Jones has not been a mistake..YET

eagles_victory
10-08-2008, 11:18 PM
Originally posted by IHStangFan
Jerry Jones and his knack for running off talent **cough**Jimmy Johnson**cough**

Hope Txbroadcaster doesnt see this we have been down this road many times before.

swstangs001
10-09-2008, 12:10 AM
Originally posted by DU_stud04

they still get another pick no matter what, it depends on how many games he play what round the pick is

jambo67
10-09-2008, 02:23 AM
A criminal offense was not filed. This will be brushed away as a minor disturbance at worst.

3afan
10-09-2008, 05:30 AM
major over reaction here is what I'm hearing on talk radio this AM ...........

Pick6
10-09-2008, 06:26 AM
Originally posted by IHStangFan
. Jerry Jones and his knack for running off talent **cough**Jimmy Johnson**cough** and attracting criminals is why I am not a Cowboys fan today after being raised and growing up one.

Yeah, Jimmy Johnson had all choir boys at the U and at Dallas. :rolleyes:

nobogey72
10-09-2008, 06:35 AM
The over/under on G$$ showing up on this thread is 8:00 Friday morning. PM me with your predictions. I'm taking the under.:)

nobogey72
10-09-2008, 06:44 AM
Originally posted by c-town_balla
how do you get in a fight with your OWN bodygaurd?

LOL If you can whoop your bodyguard's A$$, then why do you need him?:confused:

themsu97
10-09-2008, 07:53 AM
the key will be how Goddell sees this... does not matter if charges were dropped... Jones was told to be on choir boy behavior... this is not choir boy... and when you have already been suspended for a year, this is not what I want to be involved in... the body guard was assigned to him... so what do you do...

maybe nothing will come out of this... but I would not be too surprised if Jones is suspended for a few games

themsu97
10-09-2008, 07:55 AM
oh, and by the way... I would rather watch my Texans lose than root for pacman anyday... or TO...

Randy Moss is better anyway

Pick6
10-09-2008, 07:58 AM
Originally posted by themsu97
oh, and by the way... I would rather watch my Texans lose than root for pacman anyday... or TO...

Randy Moss is better anyway

I'm glad to hear that because the Texans are gonna lose an awful lot the next few years.

themsu97
10-09-2008, 08:19 AM
yep... that is possible... but it still beats being a Cowboy fan... selling your soul to lose in the 1st round...

Texans will get the ship righted...

Pick6
10-09-2008, 08:30 AM
yep... that is possible... but it still beats being a Cowboy fan... selling your soul to lose in the 1st round...

Texans will get the ship righted...

What does your Soul have to do with football? Besides, my Soul has already been paid for.

Ranger Mom
10-09-2008, 08:45 AM
Originally posted by Pick6
What does your Soul have to do with football? Besides, my Soul has already been paid for.

Wow!! Can't argue with that!!!:)

themsu97
10-09-2008, 09:06 AM
so has mine... but I was referring to Jones... Jerry and Pacman

lostaussie
10-09-2008, 09:26 AM
Originally posted by BTownVBall3
. He'll pay for the mirror, fire his security guard, and be done with the incident.
He can't fire the bodyguard. He is provided by the Cowboys, not Pacman.

crzyjournalist03
10-09-2008, 09:32 AM
Best scenario for everybody involved:

I'm hearing that Jerry Jones is absolutely fuming because the Cowboys have done everything possible to keep Adam Jones out of potential trouble.

Jerry needs to hold a press conference this morning and announce that the Cowboys are suspending Jones for one week. Then, Roger Goodell doesn't have to make a tough decision that will anger people whichever way he goes because he says that the team has handled the matter internally, and that since there have been no charges filed anywhere, there's no incident for him to bring down the hammer on.

The way I see it right now, if Goodell doesn't suspend Jones, he looks like he's giving leeway to a guy whom he specifically told not to bring any negative attention toward himself, the Cowboys, or the NFL. If he does suspend Jones, he's treating Jones unfair due to his past. If it were any other player in the NFL, Goodell wouldn't intervene.

So Jerry, save everybody a headache and do something!

LH Panther Mom
10-09-2008, 09:36 AM
Originally posted by crzyjournalist03 I'm hearing that Jerry Jones is absolutely fuming because the Cowboys have done everything possible to keep Adam Jones out of potential trouble.
He's 25 years old. At what point is an ADULT expected to keep themselves out of trouble, potential or real? :doh:

crzyjournalist03
10-09-2008, 09:47 AM
Originally posted by LH Panther Mom
He's 25 years old. At what point is an ADULT expected to keep themselves out of trouble, potential or real? :doh:

I think that the Cowboys were doing it mostly to prevent a media story on something that was a non-story.

I heard Ed Werder on Mike and Mike this morning say that the Cowboys have a personal driver that they've hired for Adam Jones so that just in case he were ever pulled over for a traffic violation, he wouldn't be the driver. In my opinion, that's going quite a bit overboard, but Jerry Jones obviously looks at this as a business move.

ronwx5x
10-09-2008, 09:48 AM
Originally posted by LH Panther Mom

Actually, he's only an adult in age. Mentally he is extremely immature and has never truly had to pay a big price for his actions.

Until he realizes that his actions have consequences, he is unlikely to change.

crzyjournalist03
10-09-2008, 09:50 AM
Originally posted by ronwx5x
Actually, he's only an adult in age. Mentally he is extremely immature and has never truly had to pay a big price for his actions.

I'd say missing a year of work and losing the salary was a big price.

As I learned in high school, some people are just "special" and require extra attention to keep them safe.

LH Panther Mom
10-09-2008, 09:55 AM
Originally posted by ronwx5x

And that, IMO, is the problem with many of the repeat offenders - the consequences aren't necessarily the same for stars compared to regular joes.

Troybuilt
10-09-2008, 10:06 AM
It'll all quite down as soon as the media makes its money off of the headlines.

Macarthur
10-09-2008, 10:38 AM
the key will be how Goddell sees this... does not matter if charges were dropped... Jones was told to be on choir boy behavior... this is not choir boy... and when you have already been suspended for a year, this is not what I want to be involved in... the body guard was assigned to him... so what do you do...

maybe nothing will come out of this... but I would not be too surprised if Jones is suspended for a few games

That's not entirely true.

Pac was involved in some minor things during his suspension and Goddell reinstated him.

I think this will probably go away. Probably not that big of a deal.

I'm not defending Pac, but I don't have much faith in Goddell acting fairly in any matter. He's has puffed out his chest and handed out some tough penalties to players. However, when the issue with Belicheck and the Pats came up, they got off quite easily, IMO.

Ranger Mom
10-09-2008, 10:54 AM
Originally posted by Macarthur
That's not entirely true.

Pac was involved in some minor things during his suspension and Goddell reinstated him.

I think this will probably go away. Probably not that big of a deal.

I'm not defending Pac, but I don't have much faith in Goddell acting fairly in any matter. He's has puffed out his chest and handed out some tough penalties to players. However, when the issue with Belicheck and the Pats came up, they got off quite easily, IMO.

From what I just read, the body guard (an off duty cop) supposedly said something derogatory to Jone's date. Words were exchanged and a scuffle ensued in the bathroom. Someone called the cops, they arrived, talked to both Jones and the body guard, both were asked to leave and did so.

No arrests were made and no charges were filed.

3afan
10-09-2008, 12:54 PM
the Cowboys will not "punish" PacMan for the Tue nite incident

apparently it happened closer to 11PM & it was horseplay gone bad

thats their story & their sticking to it

this is breaking now on DFW talk radio

crzyjournalist03
10-09-2008, 12:59 PM
The Cowboys might not do anything, but the league still might:

http://www.dallasnews.com/sharedcontent/dws/spt/stories/101008dnspocowlede.7a4023.html

DaHop72
10-09-2008, 01:01 PM
Originally posted by crzyjournalist03

http://www.dallasnews.com/sharedcontent/dws/spt/stories/101008dnspocowlede.7a4023.html :eek: Did you catch the last line of the article?:thinking:

Txbroadcaster
10-09-2008, 01:02 PM
Originally posted by crzyjournalist03

http://www.dallasnews.com/sharedcontent/dws/spt/stories/101008dnspocowlede.7a4023.html

If police did not file anything and really nothing big happened I dont think NFL can do alot

3afan
10-09-2008, 01:02 PM
there were 5-6 players there ... that in itself is not an issue

crzyjournalist03
10-09-2008, 01:19 PM
Originally posted by DaHop72
:eek: Did you catch the last line of the article?:thinking:

yeah...combining it with the article now up on ESPN.com, it seems that there was an event going on there where a few Cowboys players were.

Electus Unus
10-09-2008, 01:51 PM
The Ticket was reporting that it was a CD release party for Ludacris and there was about 5 Cowboys players in attendence including Adam Jones, Roy Williams, Tank Johnson, and Martellus Bennett. No files were pressed or charged so in my opinion this is a big NON-story. If Goodell takes actions I will be disappointed because no harm was done in this situation.

Macarthur
10-09-2008, 02:05 PM
I don't think there's much to this.

crzyjournalist03
10-09-2008, 02:22 PM
Originally posted by Electus Unus
The Ticket was reporting that it was a CD release party for Ludacris and there was about 5 Cowboys players in attendence including Adam Jones, Roy Williams, Tank Johnson, and Martellus Bennett. No files were pressed or charged so in my opinion this is a big NON-story. If Goodell takes actions I will be disappointed because no harm was done in this situation.

That's probably true, but reports yesterday were that Jerry Jones was "fuming". The more I think about everything, the more I find myself wondering if the Cowboys would have taken a different approach if they hadn't found out yesterday that Terrence Newman will be out for a while.