PDA

View Full Version : That was a blast from the past!!!

Ranger Mom
10-08-2008, 10:00 PM
I signed up on Classmates.com close to 10 years ago. I never was a "pay member" mainly because there was no one I went school with that I didn't already talk to.

Anyway...today I got a notice that I had a new message, I clicked on the link and it said the message was from "Carrie White" and the subject said "your x stepmother" It was worth the $15 for a 3 month membership.

I haven't talked to her since I was 18 and she and my dad divorced. I was 13 when he married her and she was 19!!:mad:

To make a long story short, my dad bought my mom a set of china when he was stationed in Germany (where I was born). When they divorced, when I was 9, he ended up with it. He then gave it to his new wife....needless to say, I was upset, because my mom wanted me to have it.

Anyway, that's what she was writing about....she wants to return the china to it's rightful owner!!
:D :D

44INAROW
10-08-2008, 10:14 PM
aaww isn't that nice - see time does heal some wounds ;)

IHStangFan
10-08-2008, 10:38 PM
that's outstanding. there ARE still some decent people in this world.

Ranger Mom
10-08-2008, 10:38 PM
Originally posted by 44INAROW
aaww isn't that nice - see time does heal some wounds ;)

Only bad thing is...she wrote me in May, no telling how many notices that I got and deleted. I have no idea if she will even see it at this late date!

Trashman
10-09-2008, 07:12 AM
What a neat family story. Hope that you make contact and get your china back.:D

Phil C
10-09-2008, 03:49 PM
The China isn't that important. What is important is the opportunity to have a great relationship.

Ranger Mom
10-09-2008, 07:57 PM
Honestly...I don't want a relationship with her. She was someone that made my life miserable for 5 years. I'm just grateful she wants to return the china to me so I can pass it on to my own daughter!!

kepdawg
10-09-2008, 07:58 PM
Did you ever talk to the guy in Kansas?

Ranger Mom
10-09-2008, 07:59 PM
Originally posted by kepdawg
Did you ever talk to the guy in Kansas?

LOL!!!! No!!!!!

Ranger Mom
01-12-2009, 11:26 AM
UPDATE:

I just looked at my bank account and saw where I was charges $15 for another 3 months membership....the message I sent her hasn't been read!

I tracked down her sister and then quite by accident ran across her father's obituary, which has her last name...so I think I have found her in Hobbs, NM.

I found a fax number for the business her husband owns and which she is evidently the "office manager" of....so I am now sending a fax.

We will see what happens now!!:p

44INAROW
01-12-2009, 12:35 PM
Originally posted by Ranger Mom
UPDATE:

I just looked at my bank account and saw where I was charges $15 for another 3 months membership....the message I sent her hasn't been read!

I tracked down her sister and then quite by accident ran across her father's obituary, which has her last name...so I think I have found her in Hobbs, NM.

I found a fax number for the business her husband owns and which she is evidently the "office manager" of....so I am now sending a fax.

We will see what happens now!!:p

Detective RM ........ keep us posted ;)

Ranger Mom
01-12-2009, 02:54 PM
Detective RM ........ keep us posted ;)

Hehe!!

I sent the fax with all my information and just received an email from her!!

Her first question was wondering how I was able to get her work fax number!!!

She is married to an architect and busy with tax stuff, so we are planning to get together sometime after April 15th. (She moved up in the world after she and my dad split...hahaha!!)

She seems all excited to see me and wants to meet my husband, kids and grandkids.....I"m kinda weirded out about the whole deal!!

44INAROW
01-12-2009, 03:21 PM
Hehe!!

I sent the fax with all my information and just received an email from her!!

Her first question was wondering how I was able to get her work fax number!!!

She is married to an architect and busy with tax stuff, so we are planning to get together sometime after April 15th. (She moved up in the world after she and my dad split...hahaha!!)

She seems all excited to see me and wants to meet my husband, kids and grandkids.....I"m kinda weirded out about the whole deal!!

sounds like a plan.......... she must be busy - 4 months :D

Ranger Mom
01-12-2009, 03:32 PM
sounds like a plan.......... she must be busy - 4 months :D

LOL!!

I also ran across a friend of mine's brother during my search...he lives in New Mexico. (I haven't talked to this girl in the past 5 years or so.)

I have known her since we were 1.....our birthday's are 5 days apart.

Anyway....I got her number from her brother and called her. She just got a divorce and has been VERY down. I think she may come and stay with me for a while and look for a job in Midland!!!

I haven't got much down workwise...but it's been a productive day nonetheless!!:D :D

Trashman
01-12-2009, 07:23 PM
That is so cool. Hope it all works out.

SWMustang
01-12-2009, 09:17 PM
LOL!!

I also ran across a friend of mine's brother during my search...he lives in New Mexico.

Lets hear more about the brother. Was there some romantic angle there?

Ranger Mom
01-13-2009, 09:37 AM
Originally posted by SWMustang
Lets hear more about the brother. Was there some romantic angle there?

Ewwww......not hardly!!

Actually, I had to explain to him who I was...he was my younger brother and sisters age and remembered them and thought he remembered me!!:)

He was 7 last time I saw him and I was 10.

Ranger Mom
10-30-2009, 09:43 PM
UPDATE:

I finally went and got my china today.....she is as weird as I remembered!!!!

I realized I have no sentimental value to the china after she has had it all these years. It was weird, she had it all displayed in her china hutch....we had to to pack it together.

She told me that it was worth several thousand dollars...my first thought was EBAY!! But alas...my daughter said she would like to have it......(she probably wants to sell it herself!!:D )

SintonFan
10-30-2009, 10:16 PM
UPDATE:

I finally went and got my china today.....she is as weird as I remembered!!!!

I realized I have no sentimental value to the china after she has had it all these years. It was weird, she had it all displayed in her china hutch....we had to to pack it together.

She told me that it was worth several thousand dollars...my first thought was EBAY!! But alas...my daughter said she would like to have it......(she probably wants to sell it herself!!:D )

Heirlooms are heirlooms, K. :)

I just ran across this story and I have to admit....
you are one interesting person!:D

I have a friend of an ex-girlfriend I used to date 20 years ago I want to contact. What are your fees?;)