PDA

View Full Version : Strength Training

Bullaholic
10-08-2008, 01:34 PM
How many teams have a really good strength training program? Many teams claim to have a good strength training program, but how good are the coaches, regimens, participation, and work ethic of the players?

I read a newspaper article a few years ago about the strength training program in Stephenville. The coaches and players both swore by the results translating into wins, and it seemed to be an outstanding program.

kaorder1999
10-08-2008, 01:37 PM
Originally posted by Bullaholic
How many teams have a really good strength training program? Many teams claim to have a good strength training program, but how good are the coaches, regimens, participation, and work ethic of the players?

I read a newspaper article a few years ago about the strength training program in Stephenville. The coaches and players both swore by the results translating into wins, and it seemed to be an outstanding program.

when I was at Crandall I thought the strength and conditioning program was pretty darn good...

Necks_Fan
10-08-2008, 01:41 PM
Originally posted by Bullaholic

I read a newspaper article a few years ago about the strength training program in Stephenville. The coaches and players both swore by the results translating into wins, and it seemed to be an outstanding program. I'm pretty sure we had 2 , maybe even 3 go to state in powerlifting last eyar. I'd say that would mean we have a pretty good system working. Also a few more go to regionals.

HM33
10-08-2008, 01:45 PM
Every team will claim to have the best strength training program, but whether or not they have a good one doesn't mean they will do good in the games or not. And having a Strength program that can be done in an hour for 50+ kids is a very hard to do.

There are some good programs out there but really its not the programs that are getting the kids bigger and stronger. They do help out, but not as much as most think they would. The kids are at that point in life that they simple grow and just stimulating the muscles and recruiting more muscle fibers is what is getting them stronger.

But to answer the question, Judson and Katy are the two schools that come to mind when talking about strength training. Now 3A is up in the air.

BOCEPHUS
10-08-2008, 01:56 PM
check out "DE FRANCO TRAINING" IF U GET A CHANCE

BILLYFRED0000
10-08-2008, 01:57 PM
Celina does. And thats a fact.

HM33
10-08-2008, 02:01 PM
This is a homer thread :) Any program can be good, its whether or not it is implemented the right way or if the players commit to it.

Bullaholic
10-08-2008, 02:28 PM
Originally posted by HM33
This is a homer thread :) Any program can be good, its whether or not it is implemented the right way or if the players commit to it.

Homers respond---many others do not---and I like to hear everyone's opinions, and while many may think their's is the best---sometimes we get to hear informative details that we wouldn't be privvy to otherwise. That is one of the true strengths of a board with this many members.

HM33
10-08-2008, 02:41 PM
true true, just depends on what you are looking for. :)

c-town_balla
10-08-2008, 03:25 PM
I think most if not all teams have good strength training programs but its all about how hard the kids work. I know in Cameron we had a pretty solid program but not everyone worked hard and if not everyone works hard then the program is weak.

Emerson1
10-08-2008, 03:53 PM
The program with the best strength training is the one who gets kids voluntarily to come in before school and all during the summer to work out. Which a lot of programs probably have less than 20 kids that do that total

catdaddy
10-08-2008, 06:33 PM
Originally posted by Emerson1
The program with the best strength training is the one who gets kids voluntarily to come in before school and all during the summer to work out. Which a lot of programs probably have less than 20 kids that do that total

My thoughts exactly. You can have the best equipment and design a world-class program but if the kids don't recognize the importance and advantages of hitting the weights then it won't matter. http://img2.mysmiley.net/imgs/smile/characters/character0115.gif (http://www.mysmiley.net) http://img2.mysmiley.net/imgs/smile/characters/character0116.gif (http://www.mysmiley.net)

orange machine
10-08-2008, 08:30 PM
As far as Celina the proof is in the pudding. If you look at some of the boys from last years team and then look at them this year it is very obvious they have gotten bigger, for instance last year our two running backs both were about 180 and this year are both at 190. Our linemen have gotten bigger aswell. Weight lifting is very much stressed in Celina

Bull19
10-08-2008, 08:36 PM
Originally posted by HM33
Every team will claim to have the best strength training program, but whether or not they have a good one doesn't mean they will do good in the games or not. And having a Strength program that can be done in an hour for 50+ kids is a very hard to do.

There are some good programs out there but really its not the programs that are getting the kids bigger and stronger. They do help out, but not as much as most think they would. The kids are at that point in life that they simple grow and just stimulating the muscles and recruiting more muscle fibers is what is getting them stronger.

But to answer the question, Judson and Katy are the two schools that come to mind when talking about strength training. Now 3A is up in the air. you hit it on the nose for sure with Katy. i've had a buddy who was on the state championship Katy team from a few years ago and he went to the marines and he said it was a walk in the park compared to what he had to do at Katy High School.

popcorn screen
10-08-2008, 09:37 PM
back in the day. Art took over the 2nd gym at Stephenville and made it into a workout facility. Have friends that coached there and they say the weightroom is packed before and after school and most weekends.

They get my vote.