PDA

View Full Version : Chris Parr Would You Let him play?

eagles_victory
10-08-2008, 12:11 PM
Rumor is the charges are being dropped and he might be back playing again soon given the circumstances would you let him play on your team if you were the coach?

TripleH
10-08-2008, 12:18 PM
I think the issue here is not whether I would let him play again, it's will his coach let him play again. But were I his coach, no he would not play again this year.

c-town_balla
10-08-2008, 12:18 PM
If the charges were dropped I would consider letting him play. But, there would still be a large amount of in-house punishment and he wouldn't play until he finished it.

The thing is how is he even eligible? He was in jail for quite awhile and in most school districts when you are arrested you are put in AEP and not allowed in athletics. So he must be out of shape and not up on any changes to the LV game plan.

S_Tex_3A_Fan
10-08-2008, 12:42 PM
But if the charges were dropped he can't be punished for that he can be made to do make ups for the time he missed, but he can't be kept from playing.

aggie
10-08-2008, 01:09 PM
Originally posted by S_Tex_3A_Fan
But if the charges were dropped he can't be punished for that he can be made to do make ups for the time he missed, but he can't be kept from playing.

you might not be able to keep him off the team...but that doesn't mean he has to play

Emerson1
10-08-2008, 01:15 PM
If all charges are dropped then why not? You are punishing him for not being guilty.

themsu97
10-08-2008, 01:18 PM
A lot of if's here though... if he was in jail since the start of school then at some point he had to be withdrawn... so now he would have to re enroll... since he was not at school he now had to sit out I think 15 days... I could be wrong in all of this...

THere are some things that probably are wrong here but he would definitely not play right away for sure

JR2004
10-08-2008, 02:44 PM
If the charges are dropped then he plays. I'm more than certain that he'll have A LOT of stuff he'll have to do in order to play again though.

eagles_victory
10-08-2008, 02:48 PM
Originally posted by JR2004
If the charges are dropped then he plays. I'm more than certain that he'll have A LOT of stuff he'll have to do in order to play again though. Like I was saying on centex if they do let him play at least they only run 5 plays on offense so he wont have much to catch up on as far as X's and O's are concerned.

BurkFan
10-08-2008, 02:52 PM
I would not let him back in my locker room. Football is a sport. Suspicion of armed robbery is not. The other players worked hard and practiced. Just my opinion.

JR2004
10-08-2008, 02:58 PM
Originally posted by eagles_victory
Like I was saying on centex if they do let him play at least they only run 5 plays on offense so he wont have much to catch up on as far as X's and O's are concerned.

Haha true.

I just went to look at that thread. I wish I could say I'm suprised with some of the idiocy in that thread, but I'm not. Just your typical holier than thou crap over there that continues to run that board into the ground.

44INAROW
10-08-2008, 04:36 PM
let me guess - he'll probably have a 5 or 6 week suspension - and back just in time for the playoffs :hand:

WylieBulldog92
10-08-2008, 04:38 PM
Originally posted by 44INAROW
let me guess - he'll probably have a 5 or 6 week suspension - and back just in time for the playoffs :hand:
Word.

Emerson1
10-08-2008, 04:41 PM
It's a non issue

http://www.wacotrib.com/blogs/content/shared-gen/blogs/communities/breakingnews/entries/2008/09/23/star_la_vega_football_player_r.html

Johnson also set a curfew where Parr must stay home between 6 p.m. and 7 a.m., a court official said.

Before his arrest, Parr was La Vega’s star running back. Because of the curfew as a condition for his release on bond, he will not be able to play in Friday night football games, his attorney said.

They could just schedule all of their playoff games on saturday afternoons lol

LH Panther Mom
10-08-2008, 05:31 PM
Originally posted by Emerson1
It's a non issue

http://www.wacotrib.com/blogs/content/shared-gen/blogs/communities/breakingnews/entries/2008/09/23/star_la_vega_football_player_r.html

They could just schedule all of their playoff games on saturday afternoons lol
If the felony charges are dropped, the curfew may be lifted.

WylieBulldog92
10-08-2008, 05:49 PM
I hate the LV parents posts on there too be honest, they just say it like nothing happens honestly.

Daddy D 11
10-08-2008, 06:05 PM
Originally posted by WylieBulldog92
I hate the LV parents posts on there too be honest, they just say it like nothing happens honestly.

Then they talk about how China Spring has all the cocaine problems and such.

Haha. Good comeback:rolleyes:

I think the kid shouldn't even be allowed back in school, much less play football on Friday nights, OR Saturday afternoons.

JR2004
10-08-2008, 07:56 PM
Originally posted by Daddy D 11
I think the kid shouldn't even be allowed back in school, much less play football on Friday nights, OR Saturday afternoons.

If he isn't found guilty or the charges are dropped what is the problem? Last time I checked this isn't Mexico.

Trashman
10-08-2008, 08:14 PM
There are a lot of things that we do not know about this situation. Dropping the charges does not make him innocent, just like an arrest does not make him guilty. I would let him play only if he were completely exonerated by the court. He would be too big of distraction to the team if he came back under any other circumstances. By the time all of this happens he will most likely be out of shape and the season possibly over. A sad situation no matter how you look at it.:(

smash mouth
10-08-2008, 08:14 PM
Originally posted by eagles_victory
Like I was saying on centex if they do let him play at least they only run 5 plays on offense so he wont have much to catch up on as far as X's and O's are concerned.

I have seen them play and maybe it is because they don't have parr but they ran more than just 5 plays - actually they were pretty multiple - not sure what you have seen?

Looking4number8
10-08-2008, 08:15 PM
Originally posted by Trashman
There are a lot of things that we do not know about this situation. Dropping the charges does not make him innocent, just like an arrest does not make him guilty. I would let him play only if he were completely exonerated by the court. He would be too big of distraction to the team if he came back under any other circumstances. By the time all of this happens he will most likely be out of shape and the season possibly over. A sad situation no matter how you look at it.:( :iagree: :iagree:

JR2004
10-08-2008, 08:23 PM
There are a lot of things that we do not know about this situation. Dropping the charges does not make him innocent, just like an arrest does not make him guilty. I would let him play only if he were completely exonerated by the court. He would be too big of distraction to the team if he came back under any other circumstances. By the time all of this happens he will most likely be out of shape and the season possibly over. A sad situation no matter how you look at it.:(

Can you say with any degree of certainty that he would be too big a distraction? You are making a big assumption here. If he is not found guilty and the charges are dropped then it is up to the administration down there in Bellmead, as well as Coach Williams, to decide whether he is allowed back out there.

I think it's somewhat comical to read on here and elsewhere how many folks think they know what's best for this young man as well as MODOC's football program. If Coach Williams allows him to return he's the devil in most folks eyes and is selling his soul for a better shot at a state title. If he doesn't allow him to rejoin the team then he's an upstanding man who didn't bow to the pressure in the eyes of these same folks.

Trashman
10-08-2008, 08:36 PM
Can you say with any degree of certainty that he would be too big a distraction? You are making a big assumption here. If he is not found guilty and the charges are dropped then it is up to the administration down there in Bellmead, as well as Coach Williams, to decide whether he is allowed back out there.

I think it's somewhat comical to read on here and elsewhere how many folks think they know what's best for this young man as well as MODOC's football program. If Coach Williams allows him to return he's the devil in most folks eyes and is selling his soul for a better shot at a state title. If he doesn't allow him to rejoin the team then he's an upstanding man who didn't bow to the pressure in the eyes of these same folks.

You may be right. But the question was clearly posted..... Would you let him play, if you were the coach? I stand by my answer as if I were the coach. Eagles Victory was asking for an opinion, their kind of like -------- everybody has at least one.

BIG BLUE DEFENSIVE END
10-08-2008, 08:53 PM
If the charges are dropped he should be able to play just like any other high school kid. If he's innocent he shouldn't be punished.

Trashman
10-08-2008, 09:31 PM
You may be right. But the question was clearly posted..... Would you let him play, if you were the coach? I stand by my answer as if I were the coach. Eagles Victory was asking for an opinion, their kind of like -------- everybody has at least one.

Dude........I have got to lay off the caffeine.:D :D :D

ronwx5x
10-08-2008, 09:32 PM

Opinions are like noses. Everyone has one, but try getting someone to pick yours!:)

West22
10-08-2008, 09:52 PM
I thought you had to be passing to be elgible to play , which I think might be difficult since he was in jail for quite some time .Does anyone know about academics at LA VEGA ?

cshscougar08
10-08-2008, 09:58 PM
Originally posted by West22
Does anyone know about academics at LA VEGA ?

Not good.

Rabid Cougar
10-08-2008, 10:07 PM
Haha true.

I just went to look at that thread. I wish I could say I'm suprised with some of the idiocy in that thread, but I'm not. Just your typical holier than thou crap over there that continues to run that board into the ground.

Kind of the pot calling kettle black!

BILLYFRED0000
10-09-2008, 09:25 AM
Innocent till proven guilty. He could be suspended for breaking team rules and I do not know what rules apply.

bulldog64
10-09-2008, 10:24 AM
Wether they drop charges or not, he still was ARRESTED. Just thinking here, but the last kid I remember seeing arrested in school, was not let back into the regular school and had to go to the alternative school. No UIL activities for them. I`d say this guy`s problems run deeper than whether they are gonna let him play football. The whole deal is this, If he were a third string back up running back, he wouldn`t even be a discussion. He`d be off the team in a minute as he should be. But since they label him a "STAR" running back...................well, some Coaches put wins above morals.