PDA

View Full Version : Aransas Pass @ Robstown

SintonFan_inAustin
10-07-2008, 10:45 PM
Common Opponents: Rockport

Rockport Fulton 28 Robstown 17
Rockport Fulton 26 Aransas Pass 16

Orange Grove 27 Rockport Fulton 24

Robstown beat Orange Grove 14-9 last week.

*side note* Rockport Fulton beat Ingleside 32-6 . Rockport went 3-1 vs 31 3a :mad:

Seems Robstown has found the field behind the baseball field is for Football and have started to figure out how to win.

Aransas Pass is winless after falling short of knocking Sinton from the unbeatens.

Robstown 22 Aransas Pass 20

pirate4state
10-07-2008, 11:23 PM
If AP loses another close one .... :(

I wonder what the story was behind the low scoring game in the OG game? :thinking:

I think in the Oso game, Oso turned the ball over...A LOT and set Robstown up with short fields?

I hope AP can duplicate the intensity that they showed against us!

Good Luck Panthers!

sinton66
10-07-2008, 11:28 PM
If AP gets as fired up as they were against us, AP wins.

Phil C
10-08-2008, 08:14 AM
Originally posted by sinton66
If AP gets as fired up as they were against us, AP wins.

I agree. AP really made a great effort. The main thing that still concerns me is that they had some injuries though they didn't look serious. They don't have many back ups.

Forget Ingleside against Rockport or Refugio. That was all just a set up. They are stepping it up in district like I knew they would.

Ingleside Fan
10-08-2008, 10:11 AM
AP is due, Aransas Pass 21 Robstown 14.

Daddy D 11
10-08-2008, 10:16 AM
Ahh, the good ole' cottonpickers. Played a baseball tournament there a couple summers ago, but i've got to go with Aransas Pass.. I live there basically every summer and plus, they're purple and gold AND they are the Panthers:D

IHStangFan
10-08-2008, 12:37 PM
Aransas Pass w/ the "upset" win....

AP 20
Robstown 17

Ingleside Fan
10-08-2008, 02:50 PM
Originally posted by IHStangFan
Aransas Pass w/ the "upset" win....

AP 20
Robstown 17
:iagree:
Wow! Two Ingleside fans predicting a AP win.
:eek: :eek:
Put this one in the books, because it might not happen again in our life time. :1omg!:

SintonFan_inAustin
10-09-2008, 01:50 PM
From AP newspaper:

This week the Panthers travel to Robstown to take on the Cotton Pickers. The Panthers will be looking to post the first win of the season and I am sure will be ready to take it this week.

The Robstown Cotton Pickers should not make the mistake that Sinton made; it might back fire on them when the explosive and aggressive Panthers come to town.

here is something else that i just dont understand :doh:

The 28-27 loss for the Panthers was a heartbreaker resulting from a team of Mathis Pirates who were clearly scared to put the ball into play with 1:19 remaining in the game.

The Pirate quarterback took knee after knee to run out the clock. While it seems, to me, to a most unsportsmanlike way to win a game, it is legal and if the tables had been turned, I am sure we would have done the same thing.

And finishes the story with:

That is where the scoring would end. The Pirates wisely elected to keep the ball from being put into play because they had seen how explosive the Panther offense was and how aggressive the Panther defense was. With only 1:19 remaining, the Pirates were too scared to do anything more than snap the ball and take a knee.

Well, if Sinton tries to run a play it would seem like they were trying to pat the stats or score. But with AP not having anymore Time outs you kneel as the game is basically over with. Well thats all lol, was just confused how somebody with come to a conclusion like that.

pirate4state
10-09-2008, 02:18 PM
wow.....the story is just wow....

mercy.... :vrycnfsd:

here is the link http://www.aransaspassprogress.com/articles/2008/10/09/sports/sports1.txt

99IHSMustang
10-09-2008, 03:02 PM
Sounds like the writer let her personal opinions and emotions get involved in this article. I honestly feel that it should have been proof read by someone other than herself... lol :thinking:

DaHop72
10-09-2008, 03:09 PM
Originally posted by pirate4state

here is the link http://www.aransaspassprogress.com/articles/2008/10/09/sports/sports1.txt Bunch of scaredy cats. :D :D My favorite part though was "a most unsportsman way to win the game but if the tables would have been turned we would have done the same thing". :crazy: :crazy:

pirate4state
10-09-2008, 03:31 PM
Originally posted by DaHop72
Bunch of scaredy cats. :D :D My favorite part though was "a most unsportsman way to win the game but if the tables would have been turned we would have done the same thing". :crazy: :crazy: how dare we run out the clock! :mad: I wanted another TD too! ;)

LOL

sinfan75
10-09-2008, 06:28 PM
Did APPantherMom (or whatever her name is) write that?:D

SintonFan_inAustin
10-09-2008, 06:46 PM
Originally posted by SintonFan_inAustin

The Pirate quarterback took knee after knee to run out the clock. While it seems, to me, to a most unsportsmanlike way to win a game, it is legal and if the tables had been turned, I am sure we would have done the same thing.

that part is what gets me, Unsportsmanlike but yet she would approve of it if the tables were turned :D

piratebg
10-09-2008, 07:08 PM

here is the link http://www.aransaspassprogress.com/articles/2008/10/09/sports/sports1.txt

She can say whatever she wants. We won the game, plain and simple. No whining or crying can change that. Does she do this every week? Just curious.

IHStangFan
10-09-2008, 07:10 PM
Originally posted by piratebg
She can say whatever she wants. We won the game, plain and simple. No whining or crying can change that. Does she do this every week? Just curious. Aransas played the MATHIS Pirates last week? LOL....did I read that right..she DID say Mathis Pirates right?

SintonFan_inAustin
10-09-2008, 07:11 PM
She can say whatever she wants. We won the game, plain and simple. No whining or crying can change that. Does she do this every week? Just curious. :) it wasnt that simple but the Pirates still won :thumbsup:

piratebg
10-09-2008, 07:15 PM
:) it wasnt that simple but the Pirates still won :thumbsup:

Sinton 28
Aransas Pass 27

Sinton won by 1pt. Looks plain and simple to me. No contreversy.

SintonFan_inAustin
10-09-2008, 07:21 PM
Sinton 28
Aransas Pass 27

Sinton won by 1pt. Looks plain and simple to me. No contreversy. No, this was plain and simple:
Golems 123.70 Final
Anaconda Squeeze 61.37

:D

piratebg
10-09-2008, 07:22 PM
No, this was plain and simple:
Golems 123.70 Final
Anaconda Squeeze 61.37

:D

No, this is MERCILESS.

sinton66
10-09-2008, 07:24 PM
If you think that's bad, read this one:
http://www.aransaspassprogress.com/articles/2008/10/09/sports/sports4.txt

If you lose both games, how exactly did you dominate Sinton?:D

SintonFan_inAustin
10-09-2008, 07:26 PM
If you think that's bad, read this one:
http://www.aransaspassprogress.com/articles/2008/10/09/sports/sports4.txt

If you lose both games, how exactly did you dominate Sinton?:D :D They lost all the games except 8th grade A team. When i looked at the paper i was saying where is the domination? Dont read the vollyball results against Sinton :)

piratebg
10-09-2008, 07:29 PM
Where the heck to they get these writers???

IHStangFan
10-09-2008, 07:46 PM
Where the heck to they get these writers??? haven't had a decent writer since BDR was there.

99IHSMustang
10-09-2008, 08:05 PM
haven't had a decent writer since BDR was there.

BDR wrote some good articles.

pirate4state
10-09-2008, 08:05 PM
:D They lost all the games except 8th grade A team. When i looked at the paper i was saying where is the domination? Dont read the vollyball results against Sinton :) :mad: You know I'd have to go look! :mad: What game was she watching? Point for point? Scores were 25-12, 25-20 (okay, maybe that was a close game) & 25-15. Ummmm, okay!

AP girls do have a good team. They have some strong hitters & servers. I expect the 2nd game in Sinton to be a much more heated contest! I think the homecoming festivities might have distracted the AP girls.

Maroon87
10-09-2008, 08:06 PM
In 7th grade, the first 2 games I ever played for Calallen were vs. AP and Robstown. We tied them both.:doh:

I think the Pickers win.

OnceABucJr
10-09-2008, 08:33 PM
If you think the football game writeup was bizarre, read about the volleyball games in the same edition. Are these adults?

sinton66
10-09-2008, 08:41 PM
Well, she's got a definite future as a spin doctor for any political candidate.:D

IHStangFan
10-09-2008, 08:41 PM
come on guys...seriously...we're talkin about Aransas Pass here.....AP....Lord knows why you'd expect anything less. Only thing worth a crap to ever come outa AP is APPF.....and we love her.....her husband is alright too....otherwise...BOOOO!!!!

sinton66
10-09-2008, 08:44 PM
Hey AP has one thing VERY positive about them.

pirate4state
10-09-2008, 08:45 PM
come on guys...seriously...we're talkin about Aransas Pass here.....AP....Lord knows why you'd expect anything less. Only thing worth a crap to ever come outa AP is APPF.....and we love her.....her husband is alright too....otherwise...BOOOO!!!! :eek: :eek: Well she is originally from Ingleside and her husband is from Florida....so.....:D

j/k much love for the folks in Aransas Pass, but I think this girl is just a little, errrrrr...what's the word I'm looking for....:thinking:

nvm :D

IHStangFan
10-09-2008, 08:48 PM
:eek: :eek: Well she is originally from Ingleside and her husband is from Florida....so.....:D

j/k much love for the folks in Aransas Pass, but I think this girl is just a little, errrrrr...what's the word I'm looking for....:thinking:

nvm :D LOL...yeah...my parents actually went to school w/ APPF, and I used to work for her husband, and I've been on west Texas ATV trips that involved her son. Nice kid.

bulldog64
10-10-2008, 08:12 AM
From AP newspaper:

This week the Panthers travel to Robstown to take on the Cotton Pickers. The Panthers will be looking to post the first win of the season and I am sure will be ready to take it this week.

The Robstown Cotton Pickers should not make the mistake that Sinton made; it might back fire on them when the explosive and aggressive Panthers come to town.

here is something else that i just dont understand :doh:

The 28-27 loss for the Panthers was a heartbreaker resulting from a team of Mathis Pirates who were clearly scared to put the ball into play with 1:19 remaining in the game.

And finishes the story with:

That is where the scoring would end. The Pirates wisely elected to keep the ball from being put into play because they had seen how explosive the Panther offense was and how aggressive the Panther defense was. With only 1:19 remaining, the Pirates were too scared to do anything more than snap the ball and take a knee.

Well, if Sinton tries to run a play it would seem like they were trying to pat the stats or score. But with AP not having anymore Time outs you kneel as the game is basically over with. Well thats all lol, was just confused how somebody with come to a conclusion like that. That`s funny cause last week as Robstown was up by 5, the had the ball at about the 20 and instead of taking a knee, they decided to run a play. Well, our linebacker stripped the ball and headed the other way. Fortunately for Robstown their QB slowed him up enough for his teammates to tackle him. We couldn`t do anything with it and time ran out, but imagine if we scored . The Robstown coach may have wanted to run and hide somewhere. So I don`t see what AP`s writer is even thinking about how it is unsportsmanlike to run out the clock. Maybe they don`t saavy sports.

sinton66
10-10-2008, 08:22 AM
Hey AP has one thing VERY positive about them.

At the very least, AP is not TAFT!:D

Ingleside Fan
10-10-2008, 05:59 PM
Good luck to both teams.