PDA

View Full Version : What ever happened to Taurean Henderson?

trojan37
10-07-2008, 09:27 PM
I'm watching a replay of an old Tech game on Fox sports Southwest against NC State, and saw Taurean Henderson. Whatever happened to him? He was a good back. I got to watch him when he was in Gatesville and he was good. Anybody know where he is nowadays?

LH Panther Mom
10-07-2008, 09:32 PM
That's a good question! I wish I knew the answer. :thinking:

JR2004
10-07-2008, 10:05 PM
Last I heard he was back at home after a couple years on the Falcons practice squad. Swarm51 would probably have a more definitive answer.

rockdale80
10-07-2008, 10:39 PM
Originally posted by trojan37
I'm watching a replay of an old Tech game on Fox sports Southwest against NC State, and saw Taurean Henderson. Whatever happened to him? He was a good back. I got to watch him when he was in Gatesville and he was good. Anybody know where he is nowadays?

I saw him play once too... at least the back of him as he scooted down the field. That kid could fly. We played Gatesville in Cove and lost in the first round.

jimmyceatworld
10-07-2008, 11:27 PM
Originally posted by LH Panther Mom
That's a good question! I wish I knew the answer. :thinking:

I know it :D

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Taurean_Henderson

Swarm 51
10-07-2008, 11:29 PM
[QUOTE]Originally posted by trojan37
[B]I'm watching a replay of an old Tech game on Fox sports Southwest against NC State, and saw Taurean Henderson. Whatever happened to him?

He was on the Falcon's practice squad and then played pro ball in Germany. The last I heard he broke his leg while there and came home to recuperate. I would be surprised to see any Gatesville player ever break the records he set while wearing a Hornet uniform.

JR2004
10-07-2008, 11:30 PM
Originally posted by rockdale80
I saw him play once too... at least the back of him as he scooted down the field. That kid could fly. We played Gatesville in Cove and lost in the first round.

I was at that game. A friend and I went to see Coach Saegert. Taurean started at WR as a freshman on that team. He couldn't start at RB because they still had Derrell Moten at the time. Moten was a heck of a talent too. I believe he went to New Mexico.

Rabid Cougar
10-08-2008, 07:33 AM
Saw way too much of him at Gatesville for 4 years. Saw him personnaly beat Connally with about 45 carries.

I secretly pulled for him at TT.

Johnny Utah
10-08-2008, 10:26 AM
We played against him his jr year in High School in the State Semifinals at SWT. They should have beaten us! Very good indeed!!!

Swarm 51
10-08-2008, 11:49 PM
Originally posted by Johnny Utah
We played against him his jr year in High School in the State Semifinals at SWT. They should have beaten us! Very good indeed!!!

How well I remember that very windy night in San Marcos. Winds were gusting 25 to 35 mph which didn't help the Hornet's passing game. I recall one punt. can't remember if it was by Gatesville or Mathis, getting caught in the wind and went straight up negating any yardage by the punting team.

Johnny Utah
10-09-2008, 09:57 AM
We were very pleased the Henderson did not carry the ball 30 times, would have been a different story!

rockdale80
10-09-2008, 10:17 AM
Originally posted by JR2004
I was at that game. A friend and I went to see Coach Saegert. Taurean started at WR as a freshman on that team. He couldn't start at RB because they still had Derrell Moten at the time. Moten was a heck of a talent too. I believe he went to New Mexico.

Coach Saegert. Did he teach you the art of form running? Darrel Moten was tied up all night in that game. Henderson scored both times. That guy could fly.