PDA

View Full Version : Newton & Bridge City in same boat on injuries!

Old Cardinal
11-21-2002, 08:25 PM
Newton has some hobbled players, Ty Hopkins, Max Karpel and a few others took some injury early against Teague. Guys like Sam Foster, returning from an injury, and Sophomore Stiffon Ethridge stepped in to save the running game.....Bridge City has only seven of those seasoned folks that are entering their Eight Playoff game- Jeremy Bird, Robert Melich, Matt Peebles, Lance Fitts, Jamey"Houdini"Knight, Charlie Verrett,and Aaron McGuire. They are playing new positions in some cases, trying to cover for injured ace Seniors. Injuries are anticipated, but it take a certain type of teamwork cohesiveness to come on out an win in the playoffs, anyway.

southern_thunder
11-21-2002, 09:12 PM
Old card you not setting up excuses for losing the Jasper game if it happens, now are you? :cool:

Eagle88
11-21-2002, 09:12 PM
Newton has some hurt players but we have enough great guys that have practiced to fill in if they are needed. We have a great defense, and two awesome kickers #11 and #51. If the Mighty Eagles can pull this one off they are most sure to face more competition in the future and hopefully be ready to win some games.

Newton 30
Marlin 12

Old Cardinal
11-21-2002, 09:31 PM
Great attitude 88, you have to play the game, but I to am always a little sorrowful when a good Senior gets hurt and can't complete that last HS season.......Thunder, You know, I think you must live vicariously via the football program, maybe you have never accomplished any thing yourself. I will not respond to your Post, If you will not respond to mine! Deal?

southern_thunder
11-21-2002, 10:05 PM
NO DEAL!!!

You attacked friends of mine and I stand up for my friends.

If you are not with us, you are against us!!!!

<small>[ November 21, 2002, 09:17 PM: Message edited by: southern_thunder ]</small>

The8thLace63
11-21-2002, 10:12 PM
None of the newton seniors that I can recall are hurt to the extent of not being able to play saturday. I'm sorry to hear about the Bridge City injuries. It's going to be interesting to see if jaspers' D can stop Peebles, unless something odd happens this weekend. :p

Jason1725
11-21-2002, 11:10 PM
Rest assured Jasper will stop him

Pudlugger
11-21-2002, 11:43 PM
The8thLace63:
None of the newton seniors that I can recall are hurt to the extent of not being able to play saturday. I'm sorry to hear about the Bridge City injuries. It's going to be interesting to see if jaspers' D can stop Peebles, unless something odd happens this weekend. :p Something odd? Like losing to Cameron or Elgin? These are two very dangerous teams. I doubt if the coaches at BC or Jasper are looking beyond to the next week tonight. The road to the State Championship goes through some tough games, better to focus on what's immediately ahead imho. Good luck to all. :cool:

spiveyrat
11-22-2002, 06:59 AM
Newton has two great kickers? You think Jasper could borrow one?

duckbutter
11-22-2002, 09:39 AM
Boy they need one!! You would think with as many kids as Jasper has that they could line them all up and find one that can kick a PAT.

Old Cardinal
11-22-2002, 10:08 AM
A question for Pud from La Grange? Does Elgin run one formation? Multiple?...Do they do any trick plays? What is there pass percentage,interceptions, turnover ratio, fumble potential, kicking game? They seem to have little support and every one has said, they can show some erratic behavior. They float in and out of being a disciplined team-but everyone says they have some of the best athletes around. You guys beat them by 3 points, what turned the tide?...Well Big Red 01, ole Thunder the janitor, is still babbling, might need some help from you! I think he has proven to all the world that all of the squirrels around Jasper are not all up in the trees!

<small>[ November 22, 2002, 09:25 AM: Message edited by: Old Cardinal ]</small>

southern_thunder
11-22-2002, 10:20 AM
Janitor, LOL wow that was funny you would think that someone with four degrees could come up with something better than that.

3ABirdMan
11-22-2002, 10:27 AM
Hey thunder

I see you DO have a sense of humor. You should use it more!

I would like to reiterate the point that Bridge City is pulling for your guys every game (except MAYBE one) this year, all the way to the end. You guys have an exceptional program, and anybody who says otherwise is full of it. We may criticize occassionaly, but we still LIKE YA!

Good Luck this weekend!

southern_thunder
11-22-2002, 10:42 AM
Thanks birdman,

I appreciate the kind words and I wish the Cards all the luck on sat and an injury free game.
My problem with oldcard is that he attacked friends of mine personally about things he didnt know the entire story about.

Again thanks for the compliments and goodluck to the Cards against Elgin.

BIG19
11-22-2002, 10:54 AM
thunder, unless I missed something, I do not see where oldcard put you or "any of your friends" down. He was just stating that both teams have injuries going into the playoff games this weekend. Might need to rellok and possibly tone it down a bit.

Pudlugger
11-22-2002, 11:08 AM
Old Cardinal:
A question for Pud from La Grange? Does Elgin run one formation? Multiple?...Do they do any trick plays? What is there pass percentage,interceptions, turnover ratio, fumble potential, kicking game? They seem to have little support and every one has said, they can show some erratic behavior. They float in and out of being a disciplined team-but everyone says they have some of the best athletes around. You guys beat them by 3 points, what turned the tide?...Well Big Red 01, ole Thunder the janitor, is still babbling, might need some help from you! I think he has proven to all the world that all of the squirrels around Jasper are not all up in the trees!La Grange beat Elgin by containing Isom, forcing him inside. He does not like to run up the middle. The Elgin O runs out of the wing T and I formation mostly. They run the option a lot. Great speed aroung the corners can hurt you if your dbs are not quick, and able to get off a blocker fast. I think the turnover stats were pretty even each had a fumble lost and we intercepted once to ice the game. The inconsistancy thing comes from Elgin losing to Rockdale and Navasota, two teams they should have beaten (they proved that in Navasota's case at least in Rd 1). However those were early preseason and teams don't gel often until district. Elgin has gelled so they can beat some top teams and that is why I predict they will win this game in a small upset. Good luck to both teams! :)

southern_thunder
11-22-2002, 11:42 AM
BIG19:
thunder, unless I missed something, I do not see where oldcard put you or "any of your friends" down. He was just stating that both teams have injuries going into the playoff games this weekend. Might need to rellok and possibly tone it down a bit.Big 19 it came in post earlier this week.

BIG19
11-22-2002, 11:49 AM
Great, glad to know I was infact missing a piece of the pie. I am out of it then. Sorry to but in where I should not have.

Old Cardinal
11-22-2002, 02:53 PM
Thanks Pud, You gave us all a mental picture of a good team...GEL...that is a scary word around Post Season. I cannot comment on your prediction that Elgin will upset BC. However, if that unlikely event happened, I think they will have to have an exceptional group of athletes. Have you seen Bridge City play, or are you just a loyal fan of your area's teams?