PDA

View Full Version : Seriously?

BreckTxLonghorn
10-07-2008, 04:12 PM
http://cbs2chicago.com/investigations/corporal.punishment.cps.2.834123.html

Am I the only one who thinks this isn't as big of an issue as its made out to be? I understand there is a line that can be crossed (and some referenced here may have done that), but 3 'licks' for missing an assignment or skipping a class? What's wrong with that?

LH Panther Mom
10-07-2008, 05:27 PM
:rolleyes: :rolleyes: I may regret this, but here goes! :foul: :foul: :foul: The lack of discipline is part of the problem with "some" today. I know it hasn't been that long that corporal punishment was allowed here, at least in the JH. Parents had to sign an okay, then kids (if they messed up) were given a choice of licks or 3-days ISS. I don't believe that we have this option any more. :dispntd:

Now, if the school(s) have a "NO" corporal punishment policy in place, I can see action being taken against the coaches. I guess it's a good thing that CPS didn't visit Amherst when I was in school & the science teacher that had holes drilled in his paddle! :eek: :eek: :doh:

lakers
10-07-2008, 05:37 PM
I think they should go back to the way my pappy had it.....

It you acted up then the teacher would whack you with what ever was closest, and then when you got home you would get it again from pops..

Sounds like a logical fix to some of todays problems.:D

LH Panther Mom
10-07-2008, 08:25 PM
Originally posted by lakers
I think they should go back to the way my pappy had it.....

It you acted up then the teacher would whack you with what ever was closest, and then when you got home you would get it again from pops..

Sounds like a logical fix to some of todays problems.:D
No joke! My dad was a coach and mother was a teacher. I was always too scared to act up at school, but my little brother....well, let's just that he was :devil: :devil: .

Old Dog
10-07-2008, 09:07 PM
Glad to hear so many approve of the "board of education"! It's absolutely is one of the missing ingredients in education today.

Back in the 5th grade, my teacher handed me a sealed envelope to take to my Dad. Man, I couldn't figure out what I had done. Turns out my teacher requested my Dad (a carpenter) to make her a paddle..............he made it and man did I catch hell from my classmates!

Chillimaru
10-07-2008, 09:26 PM
Originally posted by Old Dog
Glad to hear so many approve of the "board of education"! It's absolutely is one of the missing ingredients in education today.

Back in the 5th grade, my teacher handed me a sealed envelope to take to my Dad. Man, I couldn't figure out what I had done. Turns out my teacher requested my Dad (a carpenter) to make her a paddle..............he made it and man did I catch hell from my classmates!
Amen, my kids teachers know how i feel about this, if my kids screw up you bust their butts, and my kids knowing that, it has never happened because they knew what the outcome would be