PDA

View Full Version : District 2 3A Volleyball

Texasfootball2
10-07-2008, 10:00 AM
I know this is a huge week for football, but I just wanted those who are in district 2 to know about the Brownwood volleyball team. They are hands down the best team I've seen all year at any classification as well as the best looking team I've seen, and I mean physically and scenic. If you live in the district, it is worth the $3 to go watch them beat the living crap out of your team. I have never enjoyed watching Wylie get schooled like that, but I can honestly say I enjoyed watching these cutie pie's pound kill shot after kill shot, after kill shot, after kill shot, after............................................. well you see what I mean. Trust me, don't miss the opportunity, there worth the price of admission. Even for volleyball:D

Sweetwater Red
10-07-2008, 10:10 AM
Originally posted by Texasfootball2
I know this is a huge week for football, but I just wanted those who are in district 2 to know about the Brownwood volleyball team. They are hands down the best team I've seen all year at any classification as well as the best looking team I've seen, and I mean physically and scenic. If you live in the district, it is worth the $3 to go watch them beat the living crap out of your team. I have never enjoyed watching Wylie get schooled like that, but I can honestly say I enjoyed watching these cutie pie's pound kill shot after kill shot, after kill shot, after kill shot, after............................................. well you see what I mean. Trust me, don't miss the opportunity, there worth the price of admission. Even for volleyball:D

While our boys were pounding Big Spring two weeks ago in the
Bowl, our girls were doing the same thing to Wylie's volleyball
team in the gym right next to it.:D

Daddy D 11
10-07-2008, 10:16 AM

Does Brownwood play in Wylie for volleyball also this Friday? :1popcorn: :evillol:

nobogey72
10-07-2008, 10:57 AM
Originally posted by Daddy D 11
Does Brownwood play in Wylie for volleyball also this Friday? :1popcorn: :evillol: Yes, but you can't go to it because you will be at Mr. Burger for the M&G. Those BW girls are too young for you anyway. You're a college boy now. It's time to put away childish things.:D

Texasfootball2
10-07-2008, 10:58 AM
Does Brownwood play in Wylie for volleyball also this Friday? :1popcorn: :evillol:

I think the whole district volleyball schedule follows the football schedule if I'm not mistaken, so I would have to say yes. JV at 5:00 and Varsity @ 6:00. I doesn't usually take them very long to polish off opponents so you won't have any trouble walking over in time for kickoff.

Daddy D 11
10-07-2008, 02:11 PM
Originally posted by nobogey72
Yes, but you can't go to it because you will be at Mr. Burger for the M&G. Those BW girls are too young for you anyway. You're a college boy now. It's time to put away childish things.:D
But they're so much fun:D

And Mr. Burger? Where the heck is that?

nobogey72
10-07-2008, 05:40 PM
But they're so much fun:D

And Mr. Burger? Where the heck is that?

On the corner of Buffalo Gap Rd. and Antilley Rd. :rolleyes: Man, you need to get out more.:D You can't convert to a full fledged Wylie fan if you don't even know where Mr Burger is. COME ON!!!!!!:mad:

Daddy D 11
10-07-2008, 05:51 PM
Originally posted by nobogey72
On the corner of Buffalo Gap Rd. and Antilley Rd. :rolleyes: Man, you need to get out more.:D You can't convert to a full fledged Wylie fan if you don't even know where Mr Burger is. COME ON!!!!!!:mad:

Ohh okay, I am now a golds member so im slowly getting out more:cool:

I'm going to be there Friday:devil: Don't know which side yet though:thinking:

BwdLion_80
10-08-2008, 05:53 AM
Brownwood's girls beat Graham last night 25-11, 25-21 and 25-18.

wimbo_pro
10-09-2008, 10:09 AM
We are rubbing our hands in anticipation of beating Brownwood at the earliest available time.:D

Sweetwater Red
10-09-2008, 12:13 PM
Look's to me like it's going to be Sweetwater and Brownwood
for first place.:thinking:

Notice where Coach Liz Miller says they should have beaten Snyder
more decisively.:D

http://www.sweetwaterreporter.com/content/view/114666/122/

Lady Mustangs cruise past Snyder

Written by Ron Howell

Wednesday, 08 October 2008

After a tough road win at Graham, the Sweetwater High School volleyball team was again dominant on its home court Tuesday. The domination occasionally wavered, but the Lady Mustangs — now 4-0 district and 28-6 overall — were still able to defeat Snyder in three games, coming away with a 25-10, 25-17, 25-17 victory. Snyder, which held a few brief leads in Game 2, is still winless in district.
Sweetwater coach Liz Miller thought the victory should have been even more decisive. "We passed better than we did against Graham," she said, "but we still need to play better. We just didn't have enough energy on the floor. I felt like we should have taken more advantage out there. We kind of got lazy at times."
Sweetwater is tied with Brownwood for the District 2-3A lead with six games left on the schedule. Brownwood beat Graham in three games on Tuesday by scores of 25-11, 25-21, 25-18. The Lady Mustangs and Lady Lions now have a two-game lead in the district over both Wylie and Graham, who are tied for third place at 2-2. Sweetwater goes to Breckenridge (0-4) on Friday, then hosts Brownwood and Gra-ham next week before ending with three road games. Friday's match technically ends the first half of the district season, but due to a schedule quirk Sweetwater and Brownwood have yet to play each other.
Sweetwater had 27 kills against Snyder, including a team-high 10 by Bennie Smith. Smith also led Sweetwater with five blocks and she had two digs.
Alyssa Reed had three blocks and two kills; Hanna Kite had two kills and two blocks; Morgan Shelton had five kills; Felesha Collins had three kills; Dedra Brown and Meagan Spradlin had two kills and Spradlin also had 15 assists and two digs; Laci Jones also came up with two digs plus 11 assists; Halie Browning had a team-high seven digs; Whitney Lara finished with three digs; Shelton, Jesica Robison and Lareshia Carey had one dig; Allyson Ruddick had one block and one attack; and Hailey McIntosh had one kill.

Texasfootball2
10-09-2008, 12:18 PM
Originally posted by Sweetwater Red
Look's to me like it's going to be Sweetwater and Brownwood
for first place.:thinking:

Notice where Coach Liz Miller says they should have beaten Snyder
more decisively.:D

http://www.sweetwaterreporter.com/content/view/114666/122/

Lady Mustangs cruise past Snyder

Written by Ron Howell

Wednesday, 08 October 2008

After a tough road win at Graham, the Sweetwater High School volleyball team was again dominant on its home court Tuesday. The domination occasionally wavered, but the Lady Mustangs — now 4-0 district and 28-6 overall — were still able to defeat Snyder in three games, coming away with a 25-10, 25-17, 25-17 victory. Snyder, which held a few brief leads in Game 2, is still winless in district.
Sweetwater coach Liz Miller thought the victory should have been even more decisive. "We passed better than we did against Graham," she said, "but we still need to play better. We just didn't have enough energy on the floor. I felt like we should have taken more advantage out there. We kind of got lazy at times."
Sweetwater is tied with Brownwood for the District 2-3A lead with six games left on the schedule. Brownwood beat Graham in three games on Tuesday by scores of 25-11, 25-21, 25-18. The Lady Mustangs and Lady Lions now have a two-game lead in the district over both Wylie and Graham, who are tied for third place at 2-2. Sweetwater goes to Breckenridge (0-4) on Friday, then hosts Brownwood and Gra-ham next week before ending with three road games. Friday's match technically ends the first half of the district season, but due to a schedule quirk Sweetwater and Brownwood have yet to play each other.
Sweetwater had 27 kills against Snyder, including a team-high 10 by Bennie Smith. Smith also led Sweetwater with five blocks and she had two digs.
Alyssa Reed had three blocks and two kills; Hanna Kite had two kills and two blocks; Morgan Shelton had five kills; Felesha Collins had three kills; Dedra Brown and Meagan Spradlin had two kills and Spradlin also had 15 assists and two digs; Laci Jones also came up with two digs plus 11 assists; Halie Browning had a team-high seven digs; Whitney Lara finished with three digs; Shelton, Jesica Robison and Lareshia Carey had one dig; Allyson Ruddick had one block and one attack; and Hailey McIntosh had one kill. Man Red even though you guys have a great team and probably the best player in the district, I'm going to have to take Brownwood. They are just way to strong and have no weaknesses. At least against SW, once #8 rotates to the back row you can get a decent run of points on them, but with BW. :weeping: :bigcry: :foul: It is constantly "murderers" row the whole game. And like I've said before, they are also the best looking team in the district, and in the state, and in the nation, and..............................................: vrycnfsd:

DaHop72
10-09-2008, 12:18 PM
:clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: Good for the Lady Mustangs, they will keep Sweetwater from being shut out of the playoffs in every sport this year.:devil: :devil:

Our volleyball team has struggled for several years now.:(

Snyder_TigerFan
10-09-2008, 12:42 PM
Originally posted by DaHop72
:clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: Good for the Lady Mustangs, they will keep Sweetwater from being shut out of the playoffs in every sport this year.:devil: :devil:

Our volleyball team has struggled for several years now.:(

Yes, but now that they've added a youth league, maybe that'll change in a few years.

Sweetwater Red
10-09-2008, 12:47 PM
they will keep Sweetwater from being shut out of the playoffs in every sport this year.:devil: :devil:

Don't think I'm not going into hiding as soon as basketball
season starts for us around week 12 or 13.:devil:

DaHop72
10-09-2008, 12:56 PM
as basketball
season starts for us around week 12 or 13.:devil: :dispntd: :dispntd: :dispntd: :dispntd: How about week 11, more like it?:thinking: :thinking: I thought so. :devil:

Sweetwater Red
10-09-2008, 01:15 PM
:dispntd: :dispntd: :dispntd: :dispntd: How about week 11, more like it?:thinking: :thinking: I thought so. :devil:

Week 11? Do you really think our football team will lose in the first round to one of these teams?:confused:

Lubbock Estacado
Dalhart
Levelland
Lubbock Cooper
Perryton
Borger

DaHop72
10-09-2008, 01:31 PM
Week 11? Do you really think our football team will lose in the first round to one of these teams?:confused:

Lubbock Estacado
Dalhart
Levelland
Lubbock Cooper
Perryton
Borger :doh: :doh: 4th place doesn't make the playoffs silly. :devil: :devil: Got it now. :D

Black_Magic
10-09-2008, 01:35 PM
:doh: :doh: 4th place doesn't make the playoffs silly. :devil: :devil: Got it now. :D That thars funny
http://www.portfolio7.co.uk/laughing-people-3.jpg

Sweetwater Red
10-09-2008, 01:35 PM
:doh: :doh: 4th place doesn't make the playoffs silly. :devil: :devil: Got it now. :D

You must have no idea how quickly I can take off a red hat
and replace it with a black, purple, or Maroon one.:evillol:

cshscougar08
10-09-2008, 01:36 PM
They are hands down the best team I've seen all year at any classification

Really? You obviously haven't seen that many great teams. Brownwood isn't even ranked in the latest TGCA poll.

Sweetwater Red
10-09-2008, 01:43 PM
Originally posted by Black_Magic
That thars funny
http://www.portfolio7.co.uk/laughing-people-3.jpg

Is that you in the glasses Black Magic?:thinking:

RedWhiteBlue
10-09-2008, 02:00 PM
:doh: :doh: 4th place doesn't make the playoffs silly. :devil: :devil: Got it now. :D
I think my DP just came out my nose!!! Thanks, Hop.:spitlol:

Sweetwater Red
10-09-2008, 02:19 PM
Originally posted by RedWhiteBlue
I think my DP just came out my nose!!! Thanks, Hop.:spitlol:

You realize that would mean he's got Graham in the 5th spot right?:doh: :devil:

Texasfootball2
10-09-2008, 02:22 PM
Originally posted by cshscougar08
Really? You obviously haven't seen that many great teams. Brownwood isn't even ranked in the latest TGCA poll.
Well your are right cshscougar, I haven't seen that many since we are in our first year of Varsity VB. "BUT" I have seen Abilene High (good 5A program) and Aledo (great 4A program) play. Brownwood handed the AHS eagles a sound whoopin in a tournament "at Abilene High" and AHS had already beaten a really good Aledo team. I know that VB is big in the centex area, but I feel pretty confident when I speak of AHS as a very good program and they were no match for Brownwood. Does that mean they will win state, No, but they are still the best team I've seen. :D

cshscougar08
10-09-2008, 02:25 PM
Well your are right cshscougar, I haven't seen that many since we are in our first year of Varsity VB. "BUT" I have seen Abilene High (good 5A program) and Aledo (great 4A program) play. Brownwood handed the AHS eagles a sound whoopin in a tournament "at Abilene High" and AHS had already beaten a really good Aledo team. I know that VB is big in the centex area, but I feel pretty confident when I speak of AHS as a very good program and they were no match for Brownwood. Does that mean they will win state, No, but they are still the best team I've seen. :D

Ahhhh your post was very confusing with two AHS's!!!! Lol. But I will agree that Aledo is a solid program. I had a lot of friends on the Midway team that beat them in the state tournament last year on the way to a state title.

Are you saying Brownwood is in their first year of varsity volleyball? Or a different school and you just saw Brownwood play?

RedWhiteBlue
10-09-2008, 02:35 PM
You realize that would mean he's got Graham in the 5th spot right?:doh: :devil:
Really, Red? You must really think I'm stupid. I just happen to think it was funny. I'm not sitting over here in la-la land like some people- I know where we stand. :rolleyes:

DaHop72
10-09-2008, 02:45 PM
Really, Red? You must really think I'm stupid. I just happen to think it was funny. I'm not sitting over here in la-la land like some people- I know where we stand. :rolleyes:
http://img240.imageshack.us/img240/5809/roflsmiliemn4.gifhttp://img240.imageshack.us/img240/5809/roflsmiliemn4.gifhttp://img240.imageshack.us/img240/5809/roflsmiliemn4.gifhttp://img240.imageshack.us/img240/5809/roflsmiliemn4.gif

:spitlol: I sure glad ice tea doesn't make your keyboard sticky.:D

Sweetwater Red
10-09-2008, 03:07 PM

No I don't think anyone's stupid. That's an ugly word.

I'm just jealous that you laughed because he said we'd be in
fourth place when I had you battling Snyder for fourth and you
didn't say anything. :(

http://bbs.3adownlow.com/vb/showthread.php?s=&threadid=87429

RedWhiteBlue
10-09-2008, 03:21 PM
No I don't think anyone's stupid. That's an ugly word.

I'm just jealous that you laughed because he said we'd be in
fourth place when I had you battling Snyder for fourth and you
didn't say anything. :(

http://bbs.3adownlow.com/vb/showthread.php?s=&threadid=87429
I thought you being sarcastic and mean. Sorry if I overreacted. I may just be a little overly sensitive about placements in district right now- I mean after 3rd... who cares??:eek: :eek:

DaHop72
10-09-2008, 03:25 PM
I mean after 3rd... who cares??:eek: :eek: Sweetwater Red does. :devil: :devil:

Texasfootball2
10-09-2008, 03:30 PM
Originally posted by cshscougar08
Ahhhh your post was very confusing with two AHS's!!!! Lol. But I will agree that Aledo is a solid program. I had a lot of friends on the Midway team that beat them in the state tournament last year on the way to a state title.

Are you saying Brownwood is in their first year of varsity volleyball? Or a different school and you just saw Brownwood play?
I meant "we" Abilene Wylie are in our first year of Varsity VB.

Sweetwater Red
10-09-2008, 03:32 PM
I thought you being sarcastic and mean. Sorry if I overreacted. I may just be a little overly sensitive about placements in district right now- I mean after 3rd... who cares??:eek: :eek:

I don't know if it means anything but the Massey ratings have
the score as...

Snyder 28
Graham 22

If Graham beats Snyder it won't be that big of an upset and it
would make next week's game, when ya'll come to Sweetwater,
alot more interesting.

DaHop72
10-09-2008, 03:35 PM
I don't know if it means anything but the Massey ratings have
the score as...

Snyder 28
Graham 22

If Graham beats Snyder it won't be that big of an upset and it
would make next week's game, when ya'll come to Sweetwater,
alot more interesting. Humm, so tell me and RWB, if Graham beat Sweetwater next week would that constitute a big upset?:thinking: :devil::devil:

Sweetwater Red
10-09-2008, 03:39 PM
Humm, so tell me and RWB, if Graham beat Sweetwater next week would that constitute a big upset?:thinking: :devil::devil:

It depends on what happens this week. If Graham wins by 28
and we lose....then Sweetwater beating Graham would be an
big upset.:(

DaHop72
10-09-2008, 03:44 PM
It depends on what happens this week. If Graham wins by 28
and we lose....then Sweetwater beating Graham would be an
big upset.:( Are you trying to be this guy now?:thinking:

http://i243.photobucket.com/albums/ff239/DaHop72/houdini.jpg

:devil: :devil:

RedWhiteBlue
10-09-2008, 03:58 PM
Oh, if Graham beats either or both of those teams- you can bet your sweet bottoms that their will be some 'upsets', but we won't hear about it.:D