PDA

View Full Version : the cowboys game

coach
10-06-2008, 06:46 PM
did anybody notice how many commercials were played...there was never a chance to get into the game due to so many breaks. It is getting rediculous and i understand that they have to make money but it is getting so bad that i wuold rather do something than watch the commercials..i mean game

SintonFan_inAustin
10-06-2008, 07:45 PM
Originally posted by coach
did anybody notice how many commercials were played...there was never a chance to get into the game due to so many breaks. It is getting rediculous and i understand that they have to make money but it is getting so bad that i wuold rather do something than watch the commercials..i mean game it gave me time to put more popcorn in the microwave couple of times because of the commercials :)

charlesrixey
10-06-2008, 07:53 PM
i do some studying during the breaks

got through 50 pages of personality theory before the end of the game

Emerson1
10-06-2008, 08:32 PM
I would be for advertising on the jerseys to take away the commercials

JR2004
10-06-2008, 09:01 PM
The NFL is making it hard to watch games with the constant commercial breaks.

blowfish
10-06-2008, 09:04 PM
Touchdown! commercial break Extra point! commercial break
Kickoff! commercial break OMG that is truly over the top! Try watching a NASCAR race it is worse over there.

Keith7
10-06-2008, 09:05 PM
I don't know what you guys expect, it has been this way for years now

JasperDog94
10-06-2008, 09:19 PM
What's worse is college football. The commercials there are at least 4 minutes long. At least in the pros they are only 2 minutes long.

SintonFan_inAustin
10-06-2008, 09:21 PM
i think its great there is a break between a TD, xtra point and kickoff. They sometimes trick you and skip the commercial and have to race back to your seat :mad:

JasperDog94
10-07-2008, 09:38 AM
Actually I just go do something else for the first 2 hours of a football game and then start watching it on my DVR.:D

Txbroadcaster
10-07-2008, 09:39 AM
Originally posted by JasperDog94
Actually I just go do something else for the first 2 hours of a football game and then start watching it on my DVR.:D

That is actually what my wife and I do most of the time...We at least wait 30-45 mins in before we start

Makes the game so much easier to watch

JasperDog94
10-07-2008, 09:42 AM
Originally posted by Txbroadcaster
That is actually what my wife and I do most of the time...We at least wait 30-45 mins in before we start

Makes the game so much easier to watch I just can't answer the phone when my dad calls about half way through the game.:p

gatordaze
10-07-2008, 12:38 PM
Originally posted by JasperDog94

I have a Dish DVR and it is awesome. I think a football fan designed the timing of the advance button. If you hit at as soon as the play is over it takes you almost exactly to the beginning of the next play. This works when the QB uses all of 25 second clock. I LOVE watching recorded games!

Maroon87
10-07-2008, 12:40 PM
What really sucks is actually going to the game and having to sit through all those long TV timeouts while the players just mill around waiting for the whistle to blow again.:doh:

bigYoe
10-07-2008, 01:16 PM
Originally posted by gatordaze
I have a Dish DVR and it is awesome. I think a football fan designed the timing of the advance button. If you hit at as soon as the play is over it takes you almost exactly to the beginning of the next play. This works when the QB uses all of 25 second clock. I LOVE watching recorded games!

On Dish DVR the Skip Forward button always takes you 30 seconds ahead because of commercials. if you push it right when it goes to the commercial you should be able to get back to right when the game starts again. I freakin love it