PDA

View Full Version : The Detroit Lions can start winning now!

Phil C
10-06-2008, 02:50 PM
The Curse if over! Probably too late to salvage this season but next year starts afresh!

Sweetwater Red
10-06-2008, 03:09 PM
Originally posted by Phil C
The Curse if over! Probably too late to salvage this season but next year starts afresh!

Nope. It'll take the Ford family selling the team for there to be
another winning season in Detroit.:(

JR2004
10-06-2008, 03:58 PM
Originally posted by Sweetwater Red
another winning season in Detroit.:(

We'll be heading to Detroit in three weeks to play the Lions!

Necks_Fan
10-06-2008, 04:02 PM
another winning season in Detroit.:( Correction, Barry Sanders would have to come out of retirement for Setroit to have a winning season.... They will suck this year, next, the one after that, and probably a few after that one too.:doh:

Phil C
10-06-2008, 04:11 PM
Originally posted by Necks_Fan
Correction, Barry Sanders would have to come out of retirement for Setroit to have a winning season.... They will suck this year, next, the one after that, and probably a few after that one too.:doh:

But the curse if over. That is good news!

Pick6
10-06-2008, 04:21 PM
Correction, Barry Sanders would have to come out of retirement for Setroit to have a winning season.... They will suck this year, next, the one after that, and probably a few after that one too.:doh:

So you're saying there's not much different between Detroit and Houston.

Necks_Fan
10-06-2008, 04:27 PM
Originally posted by Pick6
So you're saying there's not much different between Detroit and Houston. Houston needs a QB and a Secondary....

Detroit needs everything except WR's....

If you want to compare them, then fine.

Sweetwater Red
10-06-2008, 04:34 PM
Originally posted by JR2004
We'll be heading to Detroit in three weeks to play the Lions!

Are you in that big of a hurry to see the Redskins improve to
162-3 against the Lions.:(

Pick6
10-06-2008, 04:34 PM
Houston needs a QB and a Secondary....

I did compare them, they both suck now and will for the foreseeable future.

Wasn't everyone saying that Houston needed a QB when they got Schaub? Now they need another QB? Maybe it's not the QB's problem that Houston sucks.

JR2004
10-06-2008, 04:41 PM
Are you in that big of a hurry to see the Redskins improve to
162-3 against the Lions.:(

Oh come on it hasn't been that bad! I remember that game back in 2000 when y'all exposed Deion and treated him like a rookie free agent all game long. :)

Sweetwater Red
10-06-2008, 04:49 PM
Originally posted by JR2004
Oh come on it hasn't been that bad! I remember that game back in 2000 when y'all exposed Deion and treated him like a rookie free agent all game long. :)

Not to change the subject but why didn't Santana Moss catch
a single pass yesterday. I had him starting and yahoo gave no
indication that he's wasn't going to play.

I picked up Jason Campbell because Favre had a bye week and
Carson Palmer sucks. Campbell had nearly 200 yards passing,
none of it was to Moss.

JR2004
10-06-2008, 04:54 PM
Not to change the subject but why didn't Santana Moss catch
a single pass yesterday. I had him starting and yahoo gave no
indication that he's wasn't going to play.

I picked up Jason Campbell because Favre had a bye week and
Carson Palmer sucks. Campbell had nearly 200 yards passing,
none of it was to Moss.

Philly gave safety help all day on Moss so Cooley had a big day. I guess it didn't help either that the ground game was busy putting up 203 yards against a team that had given up just 215 in its first four games combined. I have Moss on my team as well so I was kinda hacked too that Philly's game plan was to make everyone else but Moss beat them.

On a related note I have Carson Palmer in the 3A league. I benched him in favor of Griese against a bad Denver defense. Big mistake. :doh: :doh:

Highschoolfan78
10-06-2008, 04:54 PM
Houston needs a QB and a Secondary....

I think Schaub is solid.. It was unfortunate that he was sick for the Colts game. His awareness is definitely alot better then Mr. Rosenfels. I can name about 10 qb's starting in the NFL that aren't better than Schaub.

1. Derek Anderson/Brady Quinn either or
2. Brian Griese
3. Kyle Orton
4. John Kitna
5. Gus Ferrotte/Tavaris Jackson
6. Brady Croyle/Damon Huard
7. Trent Green/ Marc Bulger
8. Joe Flacco
9. Matt Hassleback as of right now
10. O'sullivan (Did anyone see that last play of the 49ers where he just chickened out and threw it like a 10 year old boy afraid to get tackled on the playground?

LH Panther Mom
10-06-2008, 05:18 PM
I did compare them, they both suck now and will for the foreseeable future.

Wasn't everyone saying that Houston needed a QB when they got Schaub? Now they need another QB? Maybe it's not the QB's problem that Houston sucks.
Not me! I blamed Carr's problems on laying on his back most of the season. :D

Necks_Fan
10-06-2008, 05:19 PM
Wasn't everyone saying that Houston needed a QB when they got Schaub? Now they need another QB? Maybe it's not the QB's problem that Houston sucks. Or, it could be that they need a secondary and an efficient qb.

Schaub plays well, then makes a bonehead throw and ends up with a pic or 2 every game.

Schaub is not the answer.

themsu97
10-06-2008, 05:35 PM
Schaub would be fine, but he will have the same problem that Carr had, no running game... no coincidence that Carr's best season was Domnick Davis' best year... not a good oline or running game means death for a qb...

a really good compliment to Johnson would be nice as well... other than Daniels

Necks_Fan
10-06-2008, 05:40 PM
Originally posted by themsu97
Schaub would be fine, but he will have the same problem that Carr had, no running game... no coincidence that Carr's best season was Domnick Davis' best year... not a good oline or running game means death for a qb...

a really good compliment to Johnson would be nice as well... other than Daniels Well, the O line is definitley better.... snd Slaton didn't look too bad yesterday.

themsu97
10-06-2008, 05:42 PM
Slaton has improved the last two games... Oline is better but compared to what they had that is still not much... but team is showing signs of improvement

Highschoolfan78
10-06-2008, 11:39 PM
By far the best 0-4 team out there.... Even better than the majority of the 1-4 teams.