PDA

View Full Version : Rockdale-Bryan Rudder

d_scott81
10-06-2008, 01:27 PM
Who believe that Bryan Rudder will be able to beat Rockdale. I have to say without any Seniors or Juniors they won't have a chance against them. Rockdale is mad because they lost to Cameron but a little happier because they beat Madisonville. So I say ""GO TIGERS ""

nunya
10-06-2008, 01:46 PM
Originally posted by d_scott81
Who believe that Bryan Rudder will be able to beat Rockdale. I have to say without any Seniors or Juniors they won't have a chance against them. Rockdale is mad because they lost to Cameron but a little happier because they beat Madisonville. So I say ""GO TIGERS ""

R'dale is insanely jealous of Cameron, so why beat yourself up to be so nice to them?

Rockdale 62, Rudder 7

Johnny Utah
10-06-2008, 01:48 PM
Matters!

RTigMom
10-06-2008, 04:26 PM
Who's being nice! Why would a Cameron poster be interested in a poll on Rockdale. The Cameron game is over. They won. It's in the past. I'm not insanely jealous of anyone and give them credit for being prepared to play.

Rockdale needs to take one game at a time and see where it takes them. Hopefully to the playoffs. I sure haven't written our boys off! And, I'll be the first one in the stands cheering them on Win or Lose!

nunya
10-06-2008, 05:40 PM
Originally posted by RTigMom
Who's being nice! Why would a Cameron poster be interested in a poll on Rockdale. The Cameron game is over. They won. It's in the past. I'm not insanely jealous of anyone and give them credit for being prepared to play.

Rockdale needs to take one game at a time and see where it takes them. Hopefully to the playoffs. I sure haven't written our boys off! And, I'll be the first one in the stands cheering them on Win or Lose!

I can totally respect that. Rockdale has much of a chance as anyone, especialy after being lucky enough to get such an early wake-up call with Cameron.

I've said from the beginning, I doubt any team will go unbeaten in district and it's conceivable that one of four teams (maybe five with Taylor) will be sitting at home during playoffs with seven or eight wins, which is unfortunate.

cshscougar08
10-06-2008, 06:01 PM
Ummm I do believe that Rockdale is going to ROLL in this one. Especially after what Caldwell did to Rudder last week.

I also feel that this poll should be changed to how many Rockdale will win by rather than who will win.

King_LeYoeNidas
10-06-2008, 07:01 PM
Originally posted by RTigMom

actually, it was the Caldwell poster that mentioned jealousy. I personally disagree. ROckdale has a Wal Mart. Cameron doesn't. I'd be jealous if I still lived there. Anyway, Cameron still has a right to be interested. Every single win/loss counts in this district.

zebrablue2
10-06-2008, 09:37 PM
Originally posted by cshscougar08
Ummm I do believe that Rockdale is going to ROLL in this one. Especially after what Caldwell did to Rudder last week.

I also feel that this poll should be changed to how many Rockdale will win by rather than who will win.

just have to say it, though I should not. a poll for this game is:foul: LOL.... thats all I got to say about that. good luck to both teams..

navscanmaster
10-06-2008, 09:42 PM
Originally posted by zebrablue2
just have to say it, though I should not. a poll for this game is:foul: LOL.... thats all I got to say about that. good luck to both teams..
+1. I abstain from voting for that reason. Good luck Rudder and keep your heads up. Be nice, Rockdale.:devil:

c-town_balla
10-06-2008, 09:44 PM
Rockdale will roll....but it will be lower than Caldwells score just because the dogs will be called off

zebrablue2
10-06-2008, 11:34 PM
Originally posted by c-town_balla
Rockdale will roll....but it will be lower than Caldwells score just because the dogs will be called off

I was at the caldwell/rudder game. the dogs were called off. hornets had 3 timeouts left first half on rudders 20 with 45 seconds to go. could have scored there. did not try. bench played the whole 2ed half. what more can a team do? I have nothing to do with caldwell but I tell you, they did NOT run up the score....

State_In_08
10-07-2008, 04:45 AM
Are you kidding me? This poll is so useless, but I picked Rudder just because.

Rudder has absolutely no chance unless Rockdale's bus breaks down and they for some reason have to suit up fans to play the game. Even then, I think it'd be a tight one.

87 TIGER
10-07-2008, 08:12 AM
Originally posted by c-town_balla
Rockdale will roll....but it will be lower than Caldwells score just because the dogs will be called off I agree Rockdales O will be generic in this one(. you know Navasota will be watching). Lots of back ups will be used throughout the game. I see a score of like 35 -10

jason
10-07-2008, 08:16 AM
i think it will be tied when a storm comes through and the game is suspended due to lightning - so i picked both...

bigYoe
10-07-2008, 08:39 AM
honestly, why would you put a poll on this one? I know Freshman and Sophomores have the chance to compete with Varsity but they aren't varsity level players. Rockdale in this one easily.

nunya
10-07-2008, 09:22 AM
Originally posted by zebrablue2
I was at the caldwell/rudder game. the dogs were called off. hornets had 3 timeouts left first half on rudders 20 with 45 seconds to go. could have scored there. did not try. bench played the whole 2ed half. what more can a team do? I have nothing to do with caldwell but I tell you, they did NOT run up the score....

Thanks, but you're wasting your time. People believe what they wanna believe.

Besides, a team like Caldwell couldn't POSSIBLY have won a game like without college-aged players suiting up, right?

Give it time. You'll understand completely, but we appreciate the rare support.

King_LeYoeNidas
10-10-2008, 02:28 PM
Wow nice of Jeff Miller to say that when Cameron thrashed Rockdale that it was because "We (Rockdale) played about as terrible as we possibly could." And before anyone says, I should get over it, it was two weeks ago, Jeff Miller had those words printed in todays edition of the Eagle. (College Station newspaper) I mean, to say they are still reeling from the loss is one thing but to then say you played your worst game ever? Granted he said Cameron played well but still. Whatever. Go Rudder!

rockdale80
10-10-2008, 08:16 PM
Originally posted by King_LeYoeNidas
Wow nice of Jeff Miller to say that when Cameron thrashed Rockdale that it was because "We (Rockdale) played about as terrible as we possibly could." And before anyone says, I should get over it, it was two weeks ago, Jeff Miller had those words printed in todays edition of the Eagle. (College Station newspaper) I mean, to say they are still reeling from the loss is one thing but to then say you played your worst game ever? Granted he said Cameron played well but still. Whatever. Go Rudder!

Why is it unreasonable to for a coach to say that his team played a terrible game? Come on now. He didnt say that it would have been a different story if Rockdale would have played a good game? He gave tons of credit to cameron. It is one thing to lose and play well, it is another to play undisciplined football and lose. One you can be live with, and one is tough to swallow.:thinking:

King_LeYoeNidas
10-10-2008, 08:44 PM
here is the quote:
"We finally played a game as good as I thought we could be," Miller said. "We played about as poorly as we could possibly play against Cameron, but I think Cameron had a lot to do with that. We're still kind of struggling over that loss."

As poorly as they possibly could? That's a bit higher that playing poorly IMO.

rockdale80
10-10-2008, 08:50 PM
Originally posted by King_LeYoeNidas
here is the quote:
"We finally played a game as good as I thought we could be," Miller said. "We played about as poorly as we could possibly play against Cameron, but I think Cameron had a lot to do with that. We're still kind of struggling over that loss."

As poorly as they possibly could? That's a bit higher that playing poorly IMO.

He also said Cameron had a lot to do with that. I tend to agree. I know coming from a former Rockdale player what I say doesnt mean much, but it really didnt seem like a slight against Cameron at all.