PDA

View Full Version : Sealy Tigers (3-2) vs. Giddings Buffaloes (3-2)

STAggie
10-06-2008, 01:15 PM
Giddings is on the rise and Sealy appears to have fallen off the map. I give the edge to Sealy as they come out hungry after the horrible beating they took by Navasota. Sealy by 3.

buff4life
10-06-2008, 01:53 PM
they should have came out hungry against Navasota, and if they did not pretty...

Giddings is tested and ready, they seem to have worked on the little things and have got them corrected, Giddings by 2 tds

Bull's-eye
10-06-2008, 03:20 PM
Sorry Tigers, the Buffs have too much offense. Giddings by 21.

Buffgal
10-06-2008, 03:24 PM
Obviously I'm a homer so my vote is for Giddings.

Even if Sealy RB completes his discipline (which why wouldn't it miraculously be completed by the first district game?) & the occasional not wrapping them up Giddings Defense, Buffs O Line and offense (no matter what QB) is too much for the Tigers. No one has stopped this offense except their own mistakes/penalties. Giddings has been tested by others and themselves.

And we have the famous home field advantage. :)

SO go Buffs, WAO for 4 quarters and for crying out loud, HIT SOMEBODY HARD!!!!

Bullaholic
10-06-2008, 03:24 PM
Originally posted by buff4life
they should have came out hungry against Navasota, and if they did not pretty...

Giddings is tested and ready, they seem to have worked on the little things and have got them corrected, Giddings by 2 tds

Is Brock Fitzhenry playing anywhere?

Buffgal
10-06-2008, 03:30 PM
Goodness gracious, where have you been?

Brock is @ UT, graduated high school early to attend spring practice. However, to my knowledge, he has not played due to a hamstring injury. Not sure, if he has been redshirted. Ask Buff4life.

RattlerDude
10-06-2008, 03:35 PM
Giddings will roll in a shutout. I say Giddings 28-0. Sealy isn't ready for much. They need to forget about the lost teammate and believe that they can play without him.

JR2004
10-06-2008, 03:37 PM
Rough times for Sealy right now... :(

Bullaholic
10-06-2008, 03:42 PM
Originally posted by Buffgal
Goodness gracious, where have you been?

Brock is @ UT, graduated high school early to attend spring practice. However, to my knowledge, he has not played due to a hamstring injury. Not sure, if he has been redshirted. Ask Buff4life.

I'm in N.Texas and I just never followed up to see where he ended up. I just knew that he could make a lot of yards in a hurry and had the talent to be a good player for some college. Thanks.

957tiger
10-06-2008, 04:32 PM
Some threads have suggested that coaches may hold their starterst late in the game or not play them at all during pre-district games. After all those games are meant to work out the kinks and see what works. Perhaps Coach Mitchell has a game plan for his district foes that no one has seen yet, (wishful thinking). All I know is it's hard to jump on the momentum train once it leaves the station. I think the Sealy vs. Giddings game could be very entertaining. You never know what events will transpire to help you win.

Bull19
10-06-2008, 04:34 PM
Originally posted by 957tiger
Some threads have suggested that coaches may hold their starterst late in the game or not play them at all during pre-district games. After all those games are meant to work out the kinks and see what works. Perhaps Coach Mitchell has a game plan for his district foes that no one has seen yet, (wishful thinking). All I know is it's hard to jump on the momentum train once it leaves the station. I think the Sealy vs. Giddings game could be very entertaining. You never know what events will transpire to help you win. giddings by 18+

Necks_Fan
10-06-2008, 05:22 PM
I don't think Sealy will score...

I say Buffs 21-0 over Sealy....

buff4ever
10-06-2008, 05:28 PM
Giddings can't afford to play like they did against wharton or elgin first half, but they should win this game at home w/o too much stress in the 4th quarter in my opinion.

Hopefully some of our rested injured players from last week are feeling fresh and ready to start district off right.

It is going to be interesting to see how the first week of this district with giddings vs. sealy and bellville vs. LG.

I have giddings and bellville and Smithville starting out 1-0, JMO.

buff4life
10-06-2008, 05:43 PM
Originally posted by Bullaholic
I'm in N.Texas and I just never followed up to see where he ended up. I just knew that he could make a lot of yards in a hurry and had the talent to be a good player for some college. Thanks.

He is going to be redshirted

roughneck_2008
10-06-2008, 06:01 PM
giddings should crush the overrated sealy team who stills seems to be in the top 25, dont matter if their running back plays giddings by atleast 3 tds

Pudlugger
10-06-2008, 06:20 PM
Giddings by 21 +.

Astro2
10-06-2008, 10:02 PM
Sealy gets back on track this week. This win carries them through district.

957tiger
10-06-2008, 10:27 PM
Ah..the power of positive thinking. How refreshing.

957tiger
10-07-2008, 11:00 AM
I understand the team had a pretty solid practice last night. The loss at Navasota was not as devastating as some might believe. When you go against one of the best in the state and find yourself beaten, but still standing it says something about the character of a team.

STAggie
10-07-2008, 11:13 AM
I like what I am hearing from a lot of the kids on the team. They know the last 5 games don't really mean much and the real seaons starts on Friday. They are also tired of hearing all the nay sayers and are ready to prove them wrong. Everyone saying Giddings by 21+, have way to little faith. Like I said Sealy in close one.

1st and goal
10-07-2008, 12:11 PM
I aint voting. It depends on which Giddings team shows up.

Lots of people thought they'd beat Elgin.

I'll be there rooting for them just the same. Good luck Buffs! Hold on to the *@#%#^&*&@* ball. Play smart.

Bull19
10-07-2008, 12:21 PM
Originally posted by 957tiger
I understand the team had a pretty solid practice last night. The loss at Navasota was not as devastating as some might believe. When you go against one of the best in the state and find yourself beaten, but still standing it says something about the character of a team. ahh the power of positive thinking:)

seriously id almost like to sealy get back on track just so the district can be ever more entertaining

IHStangFan
10-07-2008, 12:28 PM
Giddings rolls

pirate4state
10-07-2008, 01:42 PM
I hope the Tigers can find their footing and find the magic sparked at the end of their season against...you guessed it Giddings. :D

I'll be rooting for the Tigers in a close one!

Good Luck to both teams!

BOCEPHUS
10-07-2008, 02:23 PM
sounds like sealy may have the upper hand, understand the buffs have had a rash of injuries, illness, and grade problems.

LOOKS LIKE TIGERS MAY TAKE THIS ONE

ProudHornetMom
10-07-2008, 06:04 PM
I have to go with Giddings by 13.

caldgrad_07
10-07-2008, 06:10 PM
I'm going with Giddings in this one in a fairly close game.

WylieBulldog92
10-07-2008, 09:13 PM
Sealy in a close one.

Talk_To_The_Paw
10-10-2008, 06:10 AM
Any one have scores from the Giddings vs. Sealy J.V and Freshmen games last night?