PDA

View Full Version : Sweetwater vs Breckenridge

Phantom Stang
10-06-2008, 01:06 PM
Based on records, this should be an easy win for S'water. Then again, upsets happen.

I predict(and hope) the Mustangs take the Bucks seriously and dominate.....

Sweetwater 35
Beckenridge 7

Phantom Stang
10-06-2008, 01:20 PM
Oh yeah,
Vote and give your thoughts!

BreckTxLonghorn
10-06-2008, 01:40 PM
My one time of showing 'homer-ism':D

Bullaholic
10-06-2008, 01:46 PM
Breck is re-building. Hope they can get some stability with a coach they will be happy with until he can get something going. Bucks have a great football tradition going back a long, long way.

I think the Mustangs will win this one by 17 or more.

Stangs325
10-06-2008, 08:11 PM
i think sweetwaters gong to role easily in thi one and hopefully their D can shut them out the whole game and not let them put up a td in the last minutes like in the past 2 games.

32-0

garciap77
10-06-2008, 08:21 PM
SW 28

Breck 7

blowfish
10-06-2008, 08:45 PM
Sorry Breck.... this one is over at the half. Lots of kids get to play.

52 - 21 Sweetwater

nobogey72
10-06-2008, 09:09 PM
Funny how much can change in 8-10 yrs. Back then, Wylie couldn't beat Breckenridge, I'm not saying they can now, but times have changed somewhat. But they sent us home several times. Byron Polley, Skipper Roberson, Watkins the QB. They were GOOD. Demographics and small towns losing population has heart them bad. I would love to see Breck get it back going again, except when they play us.Great town and great support whether they are winning or not. Gotta admire that. :clap: :clap:

lakers
10-06-2008, 09:12 PM
Originally posted by BreckTxLonghorn
My one time of showing 'homer-ism':D

And it looks like you are the only one...:doh:

espn1
10-06-2008, 09:15 PM
It's evident after looking at this poll, that only one person has an internet feed in the Breckenridge area!

popcorn screen
10-06-2008, 09:33 PM
Bucks have no chance

SNYDER325TIGERS
10-06-2008, 09:35 PM
I've got to say 48-0 Sweetwater lol I hate to say that but I think thats what it's ganna be.

BreckTxLonghorn
10-10-2008, 09:59 AM
Alright Haters...

Its been our motto since Fambrough got here, and I love it: WHY NOT BRECK. WHY NOT NOW?

Sweetwater, most of you are very nice people. Tonight, though, that's getting pushed to the side. We're kicking the crap out of you.

I know what you all brag about. "Ohhhh we never change our ways. We keep it old school." We did change our ways, and tonight you're finding out.
If no one else is going to pick Breck, then its my dad-gum duty to support us. I said it before the season: we're surprising someone this year in district. We won't pull an 0-fer. Tonight starts the truth in my predictions.

GO BUCKS. LIGHT THAT B.

:D :D :D

Good luck to both teams. May the game be cleaned with no injuries, and let the district fun begin!

Sweetwater Red
10-10-2008, 12:10 PM
Originally posted by BreckTxLonghorn
Alright Haters...

Its been our motto since Fambrough got here, and I love it: WHY NOT BRECK. WHY NOT NOW?

Sweetwater, most of you are very nice people. Tonight, though, that's getting pushed to the side. We're kicking the crap out of you.

I know what you all brag about. "Ohhhh we never change our ways. We keep it old school." We did change our ways, and tonight you're finding out.
If no one else is going to pick Breck, then its my dad-gum duty to support us. I said it before the season: we're surprising someone this year in district. We won't pull an 0-fer. Tonight starts the truth in my predictions.

GO BUCKS. LIGHT THAT B.

:D :D :D

Good luck to both teams. May the game be cleaned with no injuries, and let the district fun begin!

Let me bring you back to reality....:thinking: :D

SW opens district against struggling Bucks
Written by Ron Howell
Thursday, 09 October 2008

Last Updated ( Thursday, 09 October 2008 )

September was very good for Sweetwater, which won all four of its games during the month against high-quality opponents.
How the Mustangs fare in October, of course, remains to be seen. But Coach Kent Jackson's squad, 4-1 overall, will find out starting this Friday after an open date last week as it kicks off District 2-3A action at Breckenridge. And for the first time, Sweetwater enters the game as a big favorite. The Mustangs are facing a Breck-enridge whose record is exactly the opposite (1-4) as Sweet-water's.
Not only that, but the Bucks have been heavily outscored, managing just 43 points and giving up 132.
But Jackson says that those records and point totals are meaningless now.
"You can't go by wins and losses," he said. "Everybody in this district is too good and their traditions too great. Everybody is 0-0 in district, and we're 0-0 right now. We've just got to go out and play these games that matter. That's what we're excited about. It ought to be fun, both for the kids and fans. There are great venues everywhere in this district and communities that take a lot of pride in what they do."
That's pretty obvious when you think about the programs at places like Brownwood, Snyder, Abilene Wylie and even Graham, but not as much at Breckenridge, unless you're an oldtimer who has followed high school football for most of your life.
If so, you may remember that in the 1950s, Breckenridge captured five state championships. And only a few schools have won more titles in their entire history, including Brownwood with seven between the years of 1960 and 1981.
But the Buckaroos have ad-vanced to the postseason just twice this decade, the last time in 2005, and they were 3-7 last year. New coach David Fam-brough had a lot of success at his previous stop in Seymour, however, leading the Panthers to the Class A Division I state title game.
The Bucks have yet to score more than 12 points in a game this season, but they lost only 14-7 to Vernon, which beat Sweetwater in the playoffs the last two seasons and three of the past five.
Sweetwater's last game — a 28-7 win over Big Spring here two weeks ago — was keyed, as usual, by a strong ground attack that gained 290 yards and had eight different players running the ball. Steven Fields was the top rusher with 72 yards on eight carries, while Daniel Jackson scored two touchdowns and Zach Birdwell and Rufus McCann one apiece.
In addition, the team showed more of a passing attack with 76 yards on four completions, all of them to Matt Hord.
The Mustangs gave up 275 total yards, but Big Spring scored only one touchdown and it came after Sweetwater had built a 21-0 halftime lead.
Zach Wetsel had two interceptions in the game and Fields recovered a fumble for the Mustangs, who have forced nine turnovers in their last two games. Sweetwater was turn-over-free against Big Spring.

http://www.sweetwaterreporter.com/content/view/114802/122/

BreckTxLonghorn
10-10-2008, 12:15 PM
Buckaroos tame Mustangs.

It's science.

VWG
10-10-2008, 01:43 PM
Fambrough is only having a temporary stay in Breckenridge.
He will be there for maybe 2-3 years and he will try and find another HC job.
Bucks just can't compete with the numbers they have. It's sad, but true.