PDA

View Full Version : Sanger @ Celina

Bullaholic
10-06-2008, 11:32 AM
Sanger is 5-0 and on a roll, and the Bobcats are angry with 2 losses. Who wins? 9-3A could be a dogfight with Sanger, Celina, Prosper, and Argyle.

Ranger Mom
10-06-2008, 11:40 AM
Celina who??

:p :p

I have to admit, it looked strange to see a Celina thread!!:)

charlesrixey
10-06-2008, 11:42 AM
Originally posted by Ranger Mom
Celina who??

we're saving them for celina-prosper and celina-argyle and celina-brownwood! :D

Ranger Mom
10-06-2008, 11:44 AM
Originally posted by charlesrixey
we're saving them for celina-prosper and celina-argyle and celina-brownwood! :D

There was no doubt in my mind that the Celina posters were still here....just biding their time!!:p

cshscougar08
10-06-2008, 11:45 AM
This game has taken on a new look with Sanger undefeated and Celina having lost twice. I do believe that Celina comes out extremely angry and will win this game handily.

Bullaholic
10-06-2008, 11:45 AM
Originally posted by Ranger Mom
Celina who??

Oh, I have others---like maybe, Snyder Aggies vs Sweetwater Longhorns....:D

CHS_89
10-06-2008, 11:50 AM
#22 comes back for this one which will free up #27 and hopefully the passing game will improve. Sanger beat a pretty salty Pilot Point team with a run based offense. IMO, Celina wins by 2 TD's.

charlesrixey
10-06-2008, 11:54 AM
Originally posted by cshscougar08
This game has taken on a new look with Sanger undefeated and Celina having lost twice. I do believe that Celina comes out extremely angry and will win this game handily.

i agree

Sanger is coming back up, but this is not the year they beat celina again.

Pick6
10-06-2008, 11:59 AM
Celina wins this one easily. Sanger's bubble is fixing to burst in a big way.

PPSTATEBOUND
10-06-2008, 11:59 AM
Pilot Point had 4 turnovers and 115 yards penelties....Celina should beat this team down....but who knows..:thinking:

BILLYFRED0000
10-06-2008, 12:05 PM
Originally posted by PPSTATEBOUND
Pilot Point had 4 turnovers and 115 yards penelties....Celina should beat this team down....but who knows..:thinking:

Yeah that is true. Who knows. This year we seem more vulnerable to mistakes and we are not good enough to play on ability this year. It has to be execution. Coaches coach and players play. I know the coaches are telling them what to do. Now it is up to the boys to do it.

CHS_89
10-06-2008, 12:05 PM
Originally posted by PPSTATEBOUND

PPSB,
I heard the PP/Sanger game was full of penalties. Four turnovers hurts too.

charlesrixey
10-06-2008, 12:08 PM
Originally posted by Pick6
Celina wins this one easily. Sanger's bubble is fixing to burst in a big way.

my prediction last week was

9-3A
1. Celina 8-2 (5-0)
2. Prosper 8-2 (4-1)
3. Argyle 6-4 (3-2) a darn fine 6-4 team!
4. Sanger 7-3 (2-3)
5. doesn't matter this year
6. ditto

charlesrixey
10-06-2008, 12:08 PM
Originally posted by CHS_89
PPSB,

Sanger and PP are rivals a little, so it isn't terribly surprising it was close

BobcatBenny
10-06-2008, 12:09 PM
I will stick my neck out on this one.

Celina will beat Sanger like a big ol' bass drum. ;)

I think everyone is a little deluded because Celina has two losses. I told everyone that it was likely, but I will tell everyone this too. Celina is still Celina and the Bobcats are really good. :cool:

charlesrixey
10-06-2008, 12:17 PM
Originally posted by BobcatBenny

I think everyone is a little deluded because Celina has two losses. I told everyone that it was likely, but I will tell everyone this too. Celina is still Celina and the Bobcats are really good. :cool:

Benny, i've still got Celina in the semifinals--but either BW or LH would be a tall order this year

they are a top 10 team in my book, but i don't think there is any favorite right now--but there are several teams i would have ahead of celina at this point

Pick6
10-06-2008, 12:18 PM

9-3A
1. Celina 8-2 (5-0)
2. Prosper 8-2 (4-1)
4. Sanger 7-3 (2-3)
6. ditto

Your first three I agree with. Bottom 3 can go 3 different ways, but none of the bottom 3 matter this year.

charlesrixey
10-06-2008, 12:23 PM
Your first three I agree with. Bottom 3 can go 3 different ways, but none of the bottom 3 matter this year.

argyle and prosper will be a war, but prosper is on their way up (as in 4A) and i think this year just might pull it out and go two or three deep in D1 (granted, it's not a gauntlet, but it's good for them)

Argyle is good enough to play Celina in the quarterfinals, although i don't if they will beat TPG

BobcatBenny
10-06-2008, 12:26 PM
Benny, i've still got Celina in the semifinals--but either BW or LH would be a tall order this year

they are a top 10 team in my book, but i don't think there is any favorite right now--but there are several teams i would have ahead of celina at this point
Rixey, this is just a different team. So, it has taken the coaches a little longer to make adjustments and get the players in the best positions.

After watching the Whitehouse game and seeing a couple of adjustments. Like the coaches moving one offensive back to defensive back, made this team look much better.

That offensive back is a good athlete, but just did not belong in the backfield. He is now where he belongs.

There will still be a few tweaks required through district play, but there is not a team in the state that this version of Celina should not be competitive against.

I think Celina will get to play Brownwood and the Bobcats will certainly be able to win that game. Not a guarantee, but this team is very good, just different.

BobcatBenny
10-06-2008, 12:31 PM

9-3A
1. Celina 8-2 (5-0)
2. Prosper 8-2 (4-1)
4. Sanger 7-3 (2-3)
6. ditto

I am feeling good about Celina, but I think this team could lose at least one game in district play.

And ... if I were to pick a district game for them to lose it would be Gainesville. Believe it or not! :eek:

charlesrixey
10-06-2008, 12:32 PM
I am feeling good about Celina, but I think this team could lose at least one game in district play.

And ... if I were to pick a district game for them to lose it would be Gainesville. Believe it or not! :eek:

if celina isn't good enough to outright win district (5-0), then they are nowhere near a top 10 team

Pick6
10-06-2008, 12:33 PM

It's a little early to be hitting the bottle.

BobcatBenny
10-06-2008, 12:51 PM
if celina isn't good enough to outright win district (5-0), then they are nowhere near a top 10 team
Remember, I am the one that told everyone to put Celina at 11. That was realistic to start the season, but this team should climb once the playoffs start.

Just sit back and enjoy the district games and be patient.

It is up to this version of Bobcats to live up to their full potential. And ... it is my opinion that they could win it all again. I know the coaching is good enough and I believe the athletes are good enough.

Will it happen? It depends on the attitude of the kids. If they make up their minds to win, they will.

ronwx5x
10-06-2008, 01:03 PM

Oh Benny, now you're trying to Out-Rocket the Rocket! Admit it, there is no hope for Celina.

:taunt: :taunt: :stirpot: :stirpot:

Bullaholic
10-06-2008, 01:05 PM
Originally posted by CHS_89
PPSB,

I was at this one during the Bull's bye week. Neither team could sustain a drive because of penalties and turnovers.

BobcatBenny
10-06-2008, 01:40 PM
Originally posted by ronwx5x
Oh Benny, now you're trying to Out-Rocket the Rocket! Admit it, there is no hope for Celina.

:taunt: :taunt: :stirpot: :stirpot:

You got me! :D

Celina is done. ;)

ronwx5x
10-06-2008, 01:44 PM
You got me! :D

Celina is done. ;)

By the way, I was at the Whitehouse game. Those boys were fast! Not a bad passing game either. Oh well, next year's game is in Celina!

charlesrixey
10-06-2008, 03:25 PM
Originally posted by ronwx5x
By the way, I was at the Whitehouse game. Those boys were fast! Not a bad passing game either. Oh well, next year's game is in Celina!

and Celina will win that game by two touchdowns--i will go ahead and call that one now

JR2004
10-06-2008, 03:27 PM
I would imagine Celina cruises in this one by several touchdowns.

orange machine
10-06-2008, 04:48 PM
I think Celina wins district and makes it to the state championship.

orange machine
10-06-2008, 06:34 PM
Celina's 3 year starting tail back Charlie Waldrep will be back on the field friday night and im excited. Charlie will be very hungry to get in the end zone and hit some Indians and who ever gets in his way. Watch out folks because Celina just got alot better.

bobcat1
10-06-2008, 06:37 PM
I say this. These Bobcats are going to make a statement at homecoming. Welcome to Homecoming Sanger.:devil: It will be like spitting into the wind going against this defense. The 2 seniors will be live in the backfield and they have had 2 weeks to heal and gameplan. :1popcorn:

orange machine
10-06-2008, 06:40 PM
I know these Bobcats are focused and hungry. Its a new season now and its on.

charlesrixey
10-06-2008, 07:52 PM
i miss sanger

always a healthy respect and rivalry

Fletch
10-06-2008, 07:52 PM
and Celina will win that game by two touchdowns--i will go ahead and call that one now

Maybe I'm missing somebody, so tell me who replaces the offense generated by #22, #27, and #33.

Cupboard looks a little bare next year.

charlesrixey
10-06-2008, 07:56 PM
Originally posted by Fletch
Maybe I'm missing somebody, so tell me who replaces the offense generated by #22, #27, and #33.

Cupboard looks a little bare next year.

they'll be fine

if they have to put romero in there, they will

they may not have tmc + cw but they will have a deeper team than this year

orange machine
10-06-2008, 09:46 PM
Celina has a freshman kid by the name of Jamarque Simmons who many believe will be the best running back come through Celina playing tailback next year. Just a guess, but i think next year you will see Celina with a bigger backfield with a true brusing fullback to block for Simmons. Oline and Dline should be much better next year.

bobcat1
10-06-2008, 09:55 PM
That Simmons kid is sure special. Time will tell what he becomes.;)

gatordaze
10-06-2008, 10:25 PM
I think Homecoming has already past so Sanger will have to be just another game.

orange machine
10-06-2008, 10:46 PM
Ihope we can get some points on the board so we can se Simmons run the ball more and get him ready for next season. Simmons should be the cow bell for the 3 years.

bobcat1
10-07-2008, 06:18 AM
Originally posted by gatordaze
I think Homecoming has already past so Sanger will have to be just another game. You are right and I was there. What was I thinking.:doh:

charlesrixey
10-07-2008, 08:26 AM
Originally posted by orange machine
Ihope we can get some points on the board so we can se Simmons run the ball more and get him ready for next season. Simmons should be the cow bell for the 3 years.

i agree completely

will they not call him up until the post-season?

gatordaze
10-07-2008, 09:28 AM
i agree completely

will they not call him up until the post-season?

He is already up. He had a big KO return at the end of the Whitehouse game that got us within striking distance.

Twirling Time
10-07-2008, 12:12 PM
Jamarque (sp?) is the fastest kid on the team, but physically he's not mature enough yet to see full-time duty and take the pounding, while Romero last year was as a freshman.

gatordaze
10-07-2008, 12:17 PM
Originally posted by Twirling Time
Jamarque (sp?) is the fastest kid on the team, but physically he's not mature enough yet to see full-time duty and take the pounding, while Romero last year was as a freshman.

I am not sure that his is the fastest. I don't know his 40 time but I do know he ran an 11.6 100M last track season as an 8th grader. He has good vision and an ability to change direction that makes him dangerous.

I think Cody Worrell is the fastest in the low 4.4's with Caleb Lavey close behind at 4.55 at 6'3" 230 lbs!

marler1972
10-07-2008, 12:26 PM
I am not sure that his is the fastest. I don't know his 40 time but I do know he ran an 11.6 100M last track season as an 8th grader. He has good vision and an ability to change direction that makes him dangerous.

I think Cody Worrell is the fastest in the low 4.4's with Caleb Lavey close behind at 4.55 at 6'3" 230 lbs!

I would say Caleb is the fastest on the team.

gatordaze
10-07-2008, 12:30 PM
Originally posted by marler1972
I would say Caleb is the fastest on the team.

If he was chasing me I would say whatever makes him happy. Not so worried about Cody!

MN95
10-07-2008, 12:55 PM
I am not one to be overconfident, and I have never predicted scores in advance of our games. I will not for this game either. However, I have a hard time taking Sanger too seriously when they narrowly beat a PP team that we have just destroyed the last couple of years.

With that being said, any given night......

CelinaCatFan
10-07-2008, 05:51 PM
I'm pretty sure that Jamarick ran an 11.22 last year at the district track meet. I'm not too sure that we have many players as fast or faster than him.

d0tc0m
10-08-2008, 12:05 AM
I will finally get to see my first full game this season! I got out of my friday classes and I'll be rolling into Celina in time to take a good nap and just soak up that Friday gameday/night atmosphere! Whats the word on Sanger offensively/defensively? Who have they played and how do those teams stack up to the level of competition Celina has faced?

orange machine
10-08-2008, 12:10 AM
Sanger is much improved. Celina has faced alot tougher competion this year. I look for Celina to win by 24 or more if they play up to there capabilities. If they come out like they did against Daingerfield then we win, but it will be a ugly game. I look for the Bobcats to play good though they seem to have turned the corner against Whitehouse.

d0tc0m
10-08-2008, 12:13 AM
Yeah I really think the fact that Celina has played some good teams this year in preseason rather than cupcakes will help them down the road. Also the fact that Argyle and Prosper appear to have some pretty salty teams this year, will make for an interesting district race, although I still see Celina taking it rather easily. I just hope the Bobcats took that bye week to get Healthy and mentally prepared for the long road ahead. Can't wait to see me some Texas Football, Arkansas football is a joke!

marler1972
10-08-2008, 08:28 AM
Originally posted by CelinaCatFan
I'm pretty sure that Jamarick ran an 11.22 last year at the district track meet. I'm not too sure that we have many players as fast or faster than him.

Ok are we talking football fast or track fast?
There is a difference.

gatordaze
10-08-2008, 10:57 AM
There is a difference.

Jamarque is more elusive than he is straight line fast. He ran an 11.6 100M last year which by varsity standards is not all that fast (he did stumble a bit out of the blocks).

If he gets the corner on a sweep I have never seen anyone catch him. In fact last season I saw him close 20 yards on an interception and catch the guy before he scored.

BILLYFRED0000
10-08-2008, 11:01 AM
There is a difference.

He is both. He has good vision and can run thru you but he is young still. As he fills out he will be pretty stout. Good feet, Good vision very quick change of direction. Anybody remember Anthony Lynn? Might be that good.

gatordaze
10-08-2008, 11:05 AM
He has alot of "filling" to do.

I sat next to Anthony at a Vball game last week and he was a big running back in his day.

BILLYFRED0000
10-08-2008, 11:08 AM

I sat next to Anthony at a Vball game last week and he was a big running back in his day.

Yes that is true. I was not referring to size so much as over all possibilties in skill. Ja Marque is going to be a taller and not as thick but will still be pretty strong and very fast.

bevodidit
10-08-2008, 01:13 PM

If Celina beats WH by two scores next year, then you can get out your Brasso to shine up another state chamionship trophy. WH loses Attaway and not much else next year- and he is replaced by the JV QB that ripped you guys this year.

Celina 60
Sanger 12

d0tc0m
10-08-2008, 07:04 PM
Bevodidit, how is Whitehouse's district? Are you guys looking to make a pretty good run at it this year maybe? I was just curious cause I didn't get to see the game against ya'll.

CHS_89
10-08-2008, 07:21 PM

Ya Mon...try being on the practice team against him like myself and many others had to. Not fun. Back then the offense was simple...Anthony sweep left, Anthony sweep right, Anthony sweep left, Anthony sweep right.

BobcatBenny
10-08-2008, 11:10 PM
Look out Sanger!

http://i119.photobucket.com/albums/o160/BobcatBenny/GreatOrange.jpg

BILLYFRED0000
10-09-2008, 07:32 AM
Just when you thought it was safe to go back out on the football field......

THE CELINA BOBCATS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

charlesrixey
10-10-2008, 10:51 AM
any last minute predictions for this one?

kepdawg
10-10-2008, 10:52 AM
any last minute predictions for this one?

DMN votes for Celina 8-0

charlesrixey
10-10-2008, 11:12 AM
Originally posted by kepdawg
DMN votes for Celina 8-0

not surprising-what games will you be watching this weekend, kep?

i'm assuming it won't be this one!

kepdawg
10-10-2008, 11:13 AM
not surprising-what games will you be watching this weekend, kep?

i'm assuming it won't be this one!

In Denison for homecoming against Wakeland

charlesrixey
10-10-2008, 11:17 AM
Originally posted by kepdawg
In Denison for homecoming against Wakeland

how is wakeland doing? i haven't been following them very much, but they seem to be acquitting themselves well so far in 4A

and what about denison?

kepdawg
10-10-2008, 11:40 AM
how is wakeland doing? i haven't been following them very much, but they seem to be acquitting themselves well so far in 4A

and what about denison?

I don't have a good feel on tonights game

Denison is coming off a 65-64 win over McKinney

McKinney's QB threw for 440 yards and 6 TDs

So obviously there should have been an emphasis on getting the defense squared away this week

Denison also lost its QB last week

Two guys are going to take snaps tonight but neither one has the running ability as the starter

In losing him Denison loses about 125 yards on the ground each game

I guess it may be a blessing in disguise that Denison hasn't thrown much

But one of the two guys that will be taking snaps is also a starting receiver

Last week only the quarterback and running back had carries in the game

The running back will need to get some help tonight

But in the end the defense will decided the game

Wakeland is 3-2, 0-2 in district

Not much different than last year

All they do is throw

Averaging a shade under 32 a game

If Denison gets pressure on the QB Denison should be fine

If Denison sits back and plays loose on the receivers it will be a long night

My prediction:

Denison 56 Wakeland 41

BleedOrange
10-10-2008, 12:16 PM
Anyone know how the JV teams did last night?

WildTexan972
10-10-2008, 02:10 PM
Originally posted by BleedOrange
Anyone know how the JV teams did last night?

the Sanger spread was brutal on the JV teams last night.....the 1992 style offense trying to keep up and with with poor secondary techniques does not bode well for the future in the land of the orange as the spread infiltrates the landscape.....

BILLYFRED0000
10-10-2008, 02:20 PM
Originally posted by WildTexan972
the Sanger spread was brutal on the JV teams last night.....the 1992 style offense trying to keep up and with with poor secondary techniques does not bode well for the future in the land of the orange as the spread infiltrates the landscape.....

Was that tongue in cheek? I watched the white hats brutalize sanger in Celina.

WildTexan972
10-10-2008, 02:51 PM
no was not tongue in cheek....the grays won, but Orange was killed and white was having to really work to keep up....

and all the orange side could do was complain about the refs, which were pretty bad, but bad all the way around, not just 1-dimensional....

orange scores with 1:15 till the half to get back within a td and coach calls for another failed onside kick, which yields possession at the 50 for the purples and hence another long td pass as time runs out.....brilliant, simply brilliant....

BILLYFRED0000
10-10-2008, 04:12 PM
Originally posted by WildTexan972
no was not tongue in cheek....the grays won, but Orange was killed and white was having to really work to keep up....

and all the orange side could do was complain about the refs, which were pretty bad, but bad all the way around, not just 1-dimensional....

orange scores with 1:15 till the half to get back within a td and coach calls for another failed onside kick, which yields possession at the 50 for the purples and hence another long td pass as time runs out.....brilliant, simply brilliant....

Well they stripped the big orange a little you know. Gonna be a tough year for them. Too bad. We will see tonight how they match up.

charlesrixey
10-10-2008, 07:10 PM
kickoff about to start

since i'm sure this isn't on the radio, is there someone who can provide updates?

bobcat1
10-10-2008, 07:40 PM
I can as I get them. Wife is home sick. I have a friend at the game. Wife had to be real sick for me to miss a home game, I promise.:(

charlesrixey
10-10-2008, 07:43 PM
Originally posted by bobcat1
I can as I get them. Wife is home sick. I have a friend at the game. Wife had to be real sick for me to miss a home game, I promise.:(

we've done this before, b1! besides, i feel for anyone that can't be there-i know it must be bad!

bobcat1
10-10-2008, 07:46 PM
I asked her if she could stop throwing up until 10:30? :dispntd: Bobcats 14-0 8:54 1st

charlesrixey
10-10-2008, 07:51 PM
I asked her if she could stop throwing up until 10:30? :dispntd: Bobcats 14-0 8:54 1st

sounds bad

did you hear? i will be flying to texas in december---just to watch high school football---

i got my wife to agree to a 10-day unaccompanied return to north texas so that i could watch the semis and finals (hopefully including the bobcats)

bobcat1
10-10-2008, 07:53 PM
sounds bad

did you hear? i will be flying to texas in december---just to watch high school football---

i got my wife to agree to a 10-day unaccompanied return to north texas so that i could watch the semis and finals (hopefully including the bobcats)

21-0 Celina 6:10 1st

charlesrixey
10-10-2008, 08:01 PM
do you know anything other than the score?

bobcat1
10-10-2008, 08:05 PM
28-0 Celina 2:57 left in the 1st. Yes Romero got an INT to set up score 3. I'll see what I can find out.

charlesrixey
10-10-2008, 08:05 PM
28-0 Celina 2:57 left in the 1st. Yes Romero got an INT to set up score 3. I'll see what I can find out.

you're the best bobcat1 i know!

bobcat1
10-10-2008, 08:12 PM
Now 35-0 on a Perez interceptrd a shuttle pass and takes it back for a TD. Just a Sophomore Linebacker I think. Pooch kick recovered by Celina 43-0 1:21 left. Oh my!

bobcat1
10-10-2008, 08:15 PM
I wonder if having Romero and Waldrep back helped??? Ya Think!

bobcat1
10-10-2008, 08:17 PM
Rix, I asked who was scoring and he said "Everyone"

charlesrixey
10-10-2008, 08:17 PM
Rix, I asked who was scoring and he said "Everyone"

:D

lol!

Pick6
10-10-2008, 08:21 PM
I wonder if having Romero and Waldrep back helped??? Ya Think!

It probably did help, but having Sanger across the line of scrimmage helps also.

bobcat1
10-10-2008, 08:24 PM
It probably did help, but having Sanger across the line of scrimmage helps also.

No Doubt. ;)

charlesrixey
10-10-2008, 08:34 PM
No Doubt. ;)

maybe we'll see simmons soon?

charlesrixey
10-10-2008, 08:48 PM
did they call the game already?
:(

massey had picked this game 33-15 for celina

bobcat1
10-10-2008, 09:05 PM
50-0 Halftime Celina playing subs in the second.

charlesrixey
10-10-2008, 09:06 PM
so how did Waldrep do in his first game back?

bobcat1
10-10-2008, 09:11 PM
Don't know. I guess he did okay

charlesrixey
10-10-2008, 09:48 PM
any more news/

sanger get a score in there somewhere?

bobcat1
10-10-2008, 10:12 PM
Sanger scored with 1:18 left in the 4th on a defensive play. Bad Shotgun snap. 56-7

BILLYFRED0000
10-10-2008, 10:30 PM
Hi rix. Just walked home from the game.
It was not much fun for the Indians. We were about as sharp as we could be. Defense was very solid. O just kept rollin.
This game could have easily been over 80 points for the O and a shutout. We called off the dogs early. Troy and Charlie looked good. Jamal was electrifying as always. Romero looked good on d as the safety and had a pick. The kicker alex is really getting good at those sideline kicks and has some leg now. Kicked a couple inside the 10. Overall probably an a minus game. Put it another way. The game was not as close as the score.

charlesrixey
10-10-2008, 10:31 PM
Originally posted by BILLYFRED0000
It was not much fun for the Indians. We were about as sharp as we could be. Defense was very solid. O just kept rollin.
This game could have easily been over 80 points for the O and a shutout. We called off the dogs early. Troy and Charlie looked good. Jamal was electrifying as always. Romero looked good on d as the safety and had a pick. The kicker alex is really getting good at those sideline kicks and has some leg now. Kicked a couple inside the 10. Overall probably an a minus game. Put it another way. The game was not as close as the score.

:clap:

bobcat1
10-10-2008, 10:33 PM
This game could have easily been over 80 points for the O and a shutout. We called off the dogs early. Troy and Charlie looked good. Jamal was electrifying as always. Romero looked good on d as the safety and had a pick. The kicker alex is really getting good at those sideline kicks and has some leg now. Kicked a couple inside the 10. Overall probably an a minus game. Put it another way. The game was not as close as the score. Jamal?
I thought it was Jamarick Simmons?

BILLYFRED0000
10-10-2008, 10:36 PM
Jamal?
I thought it was Jamarque?

It is. I keep trying to call him Jamal and have no clue why.

bobcat1
10-10-2008, 10:38 PM
It is. I keep trying to call him Jamal and have no clue why. Because your remmemberer is not working as good as your forgeterer.:p

bevodidit
10-11-2008, 12:19 AM
Originally posted by d0tc0m
Bevodidit, how is Whitehouse's district? Are you guys looking to make a pretty good run at it this year maybe? I was just curious cause I didn't get to see the game against ya'll.

District looks weak. Normally strong Kilgore beaten by Lindale tonight and WH squeaks by previously 1-4 Jacksonville 25-21.
The district will likely get swept by the Longview, Texarkana,
Sulphur Springs and Marshall district ( 13-4A) in playoffs.

WH is a funny team. When they are firing they can play with anybody. Other nights anybody can beat them. I haven't seen WH play a game yet this year that was close to the caliber of the last two seasons.

With our district we could be first or fifth. Unless big changes occur we are first round playoff fodder.

Celina would have killed WH tonight. Congrats on the butt kicking you guys gave Sanger. My 60-12 prediction was pretty close.

Twirling Time
10-11-2008, 05:53 AM
I asked Coach Ford and he says it's spelled Jamarick. But the I is silent. I don't know nothing anymore. :vrycnfsd:

He looked mighty good with the first team in the second quarter after they got up 28-0 and pulled Waldrep. But he's real slow and tentative on that first step, though. Once he gets coached out of that, he's gonna be special.

Prosper's gonna be a great game. Won't get to see it though.

charlesrixey
10-11-2008, 08:55 AM
DMN Story (http://www.hsgametime.com/dfw/schoolinfo.htm?infoType=boxScore&schoolId=0&sportId=3&propertyId=1&y=2008&m=10&eventId=156894)

CELINA--District play started with a bang for the Celina on Friday night – and with a thud for Sanger. Freshman running back Jamarick Simmons rushed for 127 yards and two touchdowns, Troy McCartney accounted for 172 combined yards and three total TDs in the first half alone, and Celina scored 43 first-quarter points in rolling to a 56-7 win over Sanger in the 9-3A opener for both teams.
Celina amassed 484 yards of offense while holding the Sanger to 124 yards. Sanger quarterback Chase Knight managed 85 passing yards, suffering two interceptions – one of which was returned for a touchdown.
Despite his team being thoroughly dominated from the start, Sanger coach Chuck Galbreath was upbeat afterward.
“We knew we had to win three district ballgames,” Galbreath said, “and nothing has changed. Everything that could go wrong went wrong, and I’d rather it be tonight. “I didn’t expect it to be lopsided like that, but some of that had to do
with the opponent.”
McCartney finished with 92 rushing yards, and added 80 through the air on three receptions from Celina quarterback Cody Worrell. They and the other backfield starters were pulled at halftime. Returning to the lineup after a three-game absence, Charley Waldrep rushed for 25 yards and a touchdown in limited duty. Waldrep suffered a high ankle
sprain and a bone bruise Sept. 5 against TCA-Addison. Celina (4-2, 1-0) went 1-2 while he was sidelined with losses to Daingerfield and Whitehouse. The senior running back announced his return quickly with an 11-yard touchdown run, then Simmons recovered a pooch kick and Celina scored again on Worrell’s 38-yard strike to McCartney for a 14-0 lead with 8:54 remaining in the first quarter. After Jose Romero’s interception resulted in another McCartney scoring catch, the wheels fell off for Sanger. McCartney added a 49-yard TD run, and Jay Perez minutes later picked off a Knight shovel pass at point-blank range and ran it back 44 yards for another quick Celina score. Then Simmons recovered a second pooch kick, and scored the first varsity touchdown of his career at the 1:21 mark of the first quarter for a 43-0 lead.
D.J. Johnson scored the lone touchdown on a fumble return in the waning moments for Sanger (5-1, 0-1), which lost for the first time after getting off to its best season start since 1998.
Celina travels to Prosper next Friday, while Sanger travels to Gainesville. “We have to go take care of business against Gainesville, and put this behind us,” Galbreath said.

1 2 3 4 Final
Sanger 0 0 0 7 7
Celina 43 7 0 6 56

FrstDwn RushYds PassYds Pass Punt-Avg Pnlty Fmb-Lost
Sanger 6 17-39 85 7-19-2 5-33.2 2-10 2-0
Celina 20 43-307 177 7-14-0 2-38.5 7-55 2-1

Rushing Passing Receiving
James, Andy CEL - - 2-75
McCartney, Troy CEL 7-92 - 3-80
Merritt, Ryan CEL 3-4 - 1-18
Romero, Jose CEL 2-(-2) - -
Simmons, Jamarick CEL 19-127 - 1-4
Stephenson, Garrett CEL 4-0 3-6-0-63 -
Waldrep, Charley CEL 4-25 - -
Worrell, Cody CEL 4-61 4-8-0-114 -
Elsey, Dayton SANG - - 2-7
Everett, Michael SANG 1-2 - 1-9
Hodges, Tyler SANG 2-6 - 2-23
Howard, Bo Bob SANG 4-7 - -
Knight, Chase SANG 10-24 7-19-2-85 -
Martin, Sam SANG - - 1-0
Tipton, Craig SANG - - 1-46

marler1972
10-11-2008, 02:26 PM
so how did Waldrep do in his first game back?

Injured his lower ankle only had 4 carries will be good next week.

gatordaze
10-11-2008, 05:56 PM
Injured his lower ankle only had 4 carries will be good next week.

He told me on the sideline that someone stepped on the outside of his foot and that his ankle is fine. Coach held him out as a precaustion after that.

charlesrixey
10-11-2008, 06:08 PM
i don't want to underplay the job mccartney has done this year (and really for the last 3), we tend to forget him a little when talking about the absence of waldrep and the future RB in simmons.

McCartney just quietly goes about his business, and he has been a rock for celina in the backfield, including in the playoffs the last two years

bobcat1
10-11-2008, 06:37 PM
He told me on the sideline that someone stepped on the outside of his foot and that his ankle is fine. Coach held him out as a precaustion after that. Same thing I heard this morning.

McCartney is the heart and soul of this team. I have never and doubt I will ever see another player with talent like he has play with his whole heart. He would die for his team. He is a TEAM first player though and will do whatever he is asked to do for the betterment of the team. There is no award that covers all he does other than MVP.