PDA

View Full Version : golf

jason
10-06-2008, 10:18 AM
made 5 birdies yesterday, thats a personal best for one round....

had 3 in a row on the back, a par 3, par 4, and a par 5.....

one of my birdies on the front nine was a par 4 with a concrete pond about 30 feet from the green, well the pond was empty and somehow my ball came to rest on the concreted...my ball was only about 2 feet from the wall so if i wanted to hit it out i would have to hit it out sideways - long story short, i knocked it out, onto the green, and made about a hard right to left 30 footer that would have gone 10 feet past the hole if it hadn't gone in....

barely left a mark on my 54* wedge too.....

when it was all said and done, i had about $35 in one dollar bills in front of me for all the bets i won....

underware
10-06-2008, 10:28 AM
I recently bought clubs from a co-worker. Some one needs to show me how to play? I'm not very good at Putt-Putt.

nobogey72
10-06-2008, 10:34 AM
Originally posted by jason
made 5 birdies yesterday, thats a personal best for one round....

had 3 in a row on the back, a par 3, par 4, and a par 5.....

one of my birdies on the front nine was a par 4 with a concrete pond about 30 feet from the green, well the pond was empty and somehow my ball came to rest on the concreted...my ball was only about 2 feet from the wall so if i wanted to hit it out i would have to hit it out sideways - long story short, i knocked it out, onto the green, and made about a hard right to left 30 footer that would have gone 10 feet past the hole if it hadn't gone in....

barely left a mark on my 54* wedge too.....

when it was all said and done, i had about $35 in one dollar bills in front of me for all the bets i won....

SWEET! If you are ever in Abilene, go by West Texas Golf and Russ has a little tool he can put on his grinder that will make that mark on your wedge disappear. I had a club that accidently slipped out of my hand and flew about 30 yrds and landed in the street and it left a big ol' mark.:rolleyes: When he got through with it, you couldn't even tell.

DaHop72
10-06-2008, 10:36 AM
Originally posted by nobogey72
SWEET! If you are ever in Abilene, go by West Texas Golf and Russ has a little tool he can put on his grinder that will make that mark on your wedge disappear. I had a club that accidently slipped out of my hand and flew about 30 yrds and landed in the street and it left a big ol' mark.:rolleyes: When he got through with it, you couldn't even tell. Any trip to Abilene should include a stop at West Texas Golf.:thumbsup: Does his machine take 3 putts out of a putter.:mad: :mad:

bobcat74
10-06-2008, 11:55 AM
Originally posted by nobogey72
SWEET! I had a club that accidently slipped out of my hand and flew about 30 yrds and landed in the street and it left a big ol' mark.:rolleyes: When he got through with it, you couldn't even tell.

Accidently huh...:thinking: