PDA

View Full Version : I have a question..

King_LeYoeNidas
10-06-2008, 09:00 AM
I don't want this to come off as arrogance or anything like that. It's a true, honest to goodness question that I've always wondered that recently came up in a conversation w/ an old teammate and I.

When you play football, you typically start "for real" in the 7th grade, but it doesn't get serious until you hit the varsity level. When we got to that varsity level, we were 12-2 our Jr. year and then 10-2 as Seniors. We had one regular season loss both years but each one was by a point if I remember correctly. Sure we lost playoffs but that's not the point. My question is....what is it like to play on a team that is either under .5 in the win column or just winless all together? When it comes to coaches, what do they say to the players? What keeps the players going? I mean when you are winning and you know you are destined to do well, that's the motivation. But when you are getting slaughtered week in, week out.....what keeps you going as a player when there is little, to no hope?

ronwx5x
10-06-2008, 09:03 AM
Originally posted by King_LeYoeNidas
I don't want this to come off as arrogance or anything like that. It's a true, honest to goodness question that I've always wondered that recently came up in a conversation w/ an old teammate and I.

When you play football, you typically start "for real" in the 7th grade, but it doesn't get serious until you hit the varsity level. When we got to that varsity level, we were 12-2 our Jr. year and then 10-2 as Seniors. We had one regular season loss both years but each one was by a point if I remember correctly. Sure we lost playoffs but that's not the point. My question is....what is it like to play on a team that is either under .5 in the win column or just winless all together? When it comes to coaches, what do they say to the players? What keeps the players going? I mean when you are winning and you know you are destined to do well, that's the motivation. But when you are getting slaughtered week in, week out.....what keeps you going as a player when there is little, to no hope?

The next game.

All out CAT
10-06-2008, 09:11 AM
Originally posted by ronwx5x
The next game.

exactly

we sucked, but we loved the game and always knew we were the underdog. We had the skill postitions but lacked in size to compete in UIL. once we moved to TAPPS we held our own. My freshmen won state at that level in 96'.