PDA

View Full Version : Region II GotW: #2 Pleasant Grove @ #3 Liberty-Eylau

charlesrixey
10-05-2008, 10:11 PM
*Rankings are regional

both have played decent schedules, but TLE's is definately tougher

Liberty-Eylau lost to Gilmer 28-14, but Pleasant Grove is going to give them all they want and more

these are no doubt two of the top 5 teams in region 2 right now

Week 6 Pick 'Em:
#3 Liberty-Eylau vs. #2 Pleasant Grove
#5 Argyle vs. #6 Prosper
#10 Atlanta vs. #16 Pittsburg
#19 Mount Vernon @ #18 New Boston
#4 Alvarado @ #14 Kaufman

not listed, but still worthy of a glance:

Celina (3-2) vs. Sanger (5-0)

Sanger was the last non-district loss for Celina (1998) until Daingerfield this year

charlesrixey
10-05-2008, 10:19 PM
region 2 page also updated, with rankings and schedules and picks

charlesrixey
10-06-2008, 11:25 AM
i know if this was celina-sanger there would have been 50 replies by now

we need more north-east texans on the board!

pirate4state
10-06-2008, 11:32 AM
Originally posted by charlesrixey
i know if this was celina-sanger there would have been 50 replies by now

we need more north-east texans on the board!

well....i think we have 2-3 LE posters and 2 of them are women and only post during the spring and 1 of them had her daughter graduate so we might have lost her.

i don't think we have ANY PG posters.

if you had picked Celina/Sanger half of the responses would have been calling you out as homer. :p

;)

LH Panther Mom
10-06-2008, 11:34 AM
Originally posted by pirate4state

if you had picked Celina/Sanger half of the responses would have been calling you out as homer. :p

;)
And the other half would've been the homer posts. (I don't think we have ANY Sanger folks.)

charlesrixey
10-06-2008, 11:41 AM
well....i think we have 2-3 LE posters and 2 of them are women and only post during the spring and 1 of them had her daughter graduate so we might have lost her.

i don't think we have ANY PG posters.

;)

exactly!

i can never win!:p

but i like to highlight the games that really mean something, and in this region, i want to pick the best game, not the most fan-friendly one

although i tried it once last year and that went over like a ton of bricks!:eek: :mad:

pirate4state
10-06-2008, 11:48 AM
exactly!

i can never win!:p

but i like to highlight the games that really mean something, and in this region, i want to pick the best game, not the most fan-friendly one

although i tried it once last year and that went over like a ton of bricks!:eek: :mad: welcome to our world

don't know much about PG, but my buddies in Gilmer tell me LE is GOOD! :D

charlesrixey
10-06-2008, 11:50 AM
welcome to our world

SWEET!
:eek:
i'm going to be a moderator?!?!:eek:

:p

pirate4state
10-06-2008, 11:57 AM
SWEET!
:eek:
i'm going to be a moderator?!?!:eek:

:p

no

KALE

charlesrixey
10-06-2008, 12:05 PM
no

KALE

:D

what is KALE? i'm guessing you are not referring to the leafy vegetable!

JR2004
10-06-2008, 12:21 PM

;)

You included! :)

JR2004
10-06-2008, 12:25 PM
region 2 page also updated, with rankings and schedules and picks

Took a look at those rankings. Even though rankings are meaningless, not real sure where you are going with those when I see which team you have in 9th as well as Ranchview ahead of a team they were just beaten by.

charlesrixey
10-06-2008, 12:30 PM
Originally posted by JR2004
Took a look at those rankings. Even though rankings are meaningless, not real sure where you are going with those when I see which team you have in 9th as well as Ranchview ahead of a team they were just beaten by.

i forgot to switch #12 and 13 (it was late)

but

i thought i was being fair to kennedale-DMN has them #1:rolleyes:

i don't believe that they are any better or worse than that right now

JR2004
10-06-2008, 12:53 PM
i forgot to switch #12 and 13 (it was late)

but

i thought i was being fair to kennedale-DMN has them #1:rolleyes:

i don't believe that they are any better or worse than that right now

Having watched them put 49 on us, they are worth it right now. Granted we have different guys on the field now on defense, but they still hung almost half a hundred on us. They aren't a fluke. They just waxed another 4A this past week, Richmond Foster, 56-21 and rolled up another 400 yards plus on the ground. That they drove all the way down to B/CS to do it makes it even more impressive. We're the only 3A team they played in non-district (As well as being the only one to lose by single digits to them). Nobody in Region II has played better than they have so far this season.

txkmom
10-07-2008, 04:52 PM
Hey, I'm here, but not as frequently as in the past.

KALE = if K is for "kick" and LE is for, well "LE" ... you can guess what the A is for!

My thoughts on the game: LE has as much athleticism as they ever have, and some size that they haven't in the past; BUT, they have to put a whole game together and not make the mental mistakes they've made in earlier games. PG has a more complete team than I think they've had before, but they've also had several kids move in that have filled some gaps. We have always debated in Texarkana about the kids who manage to travel between Texas High, Arkansas High, LE and PG, but now the talk has been about the kids moving into PG from Hooks and even Oklahoma - and I only know for sure about the ones from Hooks. I do know that they are a very well-coached team and will be tough to beat. This will be an important (district) game locally for all these kids who know each other, and already is of interest both regionally- and state-wide. LE had an open date last week, and I believe PG did, too, so they should both be well-prepared, healthy, and rarin' to go.

LH Panther Mom
10-08-2008, 07:33 AM
Originally posted by txkmom

KALE = if K is for "kick" and LE is for, well "LE" ... you can guess what the A is for!

My thoughts on the game: LE has as much athleticism as they ever have, and some size that they haven't in the past; BUT, they have to put a whole game together and not make the mental mistakes they've made in earlier games. PG has a more complete team than I think they've had before, but they've also had several kids move in that have filled some gaps. We have always debated in Texarkana about the kids who manage to travel between Texas High, Arkansas High, LE and PG, but now the talk has been about the kids moving into PG from Hooks and even Oklahoma - and I only know for sure about the ones from Hooks. I do know that they are a very well-coached team and will be tough to beat. This will be an important (district) game locally for all these kids who know each other, and already is of interest both regionally- and state-wide. LE had an open date last week, and I believe PG did, too, so they should both be well-prepared, healthy, and rarin' to go.
Best of luck! KALE! :cheerl:

lostaussie
10-08-2008, 09:13 AM
LE not very deep, but they are as talented in their first 12 or 14 as anyone.

t-bird
10-09-2008, 11:25 AM
When I was a Freshman we played Liberty-Eylau, and their them was comprised of mostly freshmen and sophmores...I'm kind of suprised their not doing better this season.

Dieselsmoke
10-09-2008, 03:25 PM
Originally posted by txkmom

Pretty accurate assessment of these teams.
LE has better speed, PG better offensive and defensive teams.
LE lives on the big play where PG can put together a drive. I am going with PG by 10.

waterboy
10-09-2008, 04:38 PM
I'll have to disagree with you dieselsmoke on whether Liberty-Eylau can put together drives. They drove the ball several times against Gilmer, which they did better than any other team the Buckeyes have played, including Kilgore. One thing I did notice is they have had alot of drives stalled due to penalties and turnovers, though. I hope they've improved their passing game, too, which was a big negative when I saw them play. I was impressed with their speed and size. Liberty-Eylau has had a MUCH tougher pre-district schedule, too. I think this game will come down to who can execute better. If both teams execute about the same, I would definitely give a big edge to Liberty-Eylau because they have better overall team speed and athleticism. I think this game will be alot like last year's matchup, which Pleasant Grove won 9-7. Only this time I think the Leopards win. I think it'll be in the range of 24-21 score.

Dieselsmoke
10-09-2008, 10:44 PM
How many first downs did LE have against the Buckeyes?

Dieselsmoke
10-11-2008, 12:57 AM
Originally posted by waterboy
I'll have to disagree with you dieselsmoke on whether Liberty-Eylau can put together drives. They drove the ball several times against Gilmer, which they did better than any other team the Buckeyes have played, including Kilgore. One thing I did notice is they have had alot of drives stalled due to penalties and turnovers, though. I hope they've improved their passing game, too, which was a big negative when I saw them play. I was impressed with their speed and size. Liberty-Eylau has had a MUCH tougher pre-district schedule, too. I think this game will come down to who can execute better. If both teams execute about the same, I would definitely give a big edge to Liberty-Eylau because they have better overall team speed and athleticism. I think this game will be alot like last year's matchup, which Pleasant Grove won 9-7. Only this time I think the Leopards win. I think it'll be in the range of 24-21 score.
PG wins 41-14 I guess PG executed better.