PDA

View Full Version : high school refs.with mics.

navratbacker
10-05-2008, 08:19 PM
just wanted to know how many high schools have refs. that r wired with mics on the field. our refs r wired and call out every flag penalty that they throw. ( rattler stadium in navasota)

sinton66
10-05-2008, 08:21 PM
Aransas Pass had it Friday night.

Hang Ten
10-05-2008, 08:29 PM
Brownwood has it.

Antec
10-05-2008, 09:44 PM
Wharton had it last year but hasn't done it this season

But they''ve only played two game at home so far

elcabezon
10-05-2008, 10:03 PM
Zapata has them but I think the ref only used it once last Friday.

Third
10-05-2008, 10:07 PM
Pearsall Mavs have it.

navscanmaster
10-05-2008, 10:25 PM
Originally posted by navratbacker
just wanted to know how many high schools have refs. that r wired with mics on the field. our refs r wired and call out every flag penalty that they throw. ( rattler stadium in navasota)
When our's works, it is nice.

thatboiwes
10-06-2008, 01:52 PM
It would be nice to have at Gilmer. I listen to the broadcast of the game so if I don't know what a call is, they can tell me. Nothing beats the explanation from the head ref himself though.

waterboy
10-06-2008, 03:18 PM
Originally posted by thatboiwes
It would be nice to have at Gilmer. I listen to the broadcast of the game so if I don't know what a call is, they can tell me. Nothing beats the explanation from the head ref himself though.
Yeah, they've had it at Buckeye Stadium a few times over the last 3 or 4 years, but they are not consistent in keeping them miked. I understand some of the umpires didn't want to wear them. The problem with the mikes is there seemed to be the echo or feedback from the PA system. Buckeye Stadium has an awesome PA system and it seemed that every time they used them there was that problem.

BTW, I have one of those Buckeye Bugs, too.:D

Antec
10-13-2008, 08:46 PM
Ref used his at Wharton-Royal game this past Friday

Was real loud had mic turned up to high

BOCEPHUS
10-13-2008, 08:51 PM
Originally posted by navratbacker

KNOW WHERE I'D LIKE TO STICK A 'MIKE' ON A REF!!!

zebrablue2
10-13-2008, 08:54 PM
Originally posted by BOCEPHUS
KNOW WHERE I'D LIKE TO SICK A 'MIKE' ON A REF!!!

let me think for one second-NO...

slpybear the bullfan
10-13-2008, 09:12 PM
Bridgeport does. It works pretty good most of the time.

Chopblock
10-13-2008, 09:20 PM
true story, was reffing a game in a small central texas town that miked the ref, as i was coming off the field at halftime, one of my old flames that i hadnt seen since college met me at the gate and gave me a hug(I didnt know it turned the mike on)
she followed me and the crew to the dressing room and we were talking, the supt of the dist came running in and told me to cut the mike off
the stadium, including her husband, heard her tell me how much she had been in love with me and missed me
needless to say, the husband was waiting on us when we came out for the 2nd half and wanted to know what the deal was
my smart mouth told him if he was a man, he wouldnt have that problem
needless to say, the mike somehow came up missing after the game and they never have replaced it( it went in the trash dumpster outside)