PDA

View Full Version : Miami Dolphins have a winning streak!!!!

elcabezon
10-05-2008, 05:49 PM
wow what a game... its been way too damn long since we've actually won two in a row....

great job absolutely owning LT and making a non-factor.

Calm and collected Chad Pennington led his team for the second week in a row against last year's AFC top two teams.

JR2004
10-05-2008, 05:57 PM
As much as I hope otherwise, I think LT's days of dominance are over.

WylieBulldog92
10-05-2008, 05:59 PM
Originally posted by JR2004
As much as I hope otherwise, I think LT's days of dominance are over.
It kinda looked like that last season though didn't it?

IHStangFan
10-05-2008, 06:01 PM
I was impressed w/ the ability to contain LT. Pennington has not looked this composed and focused since his days at Marshall w/ Moss.

SintonFan_inAustin
10-05-2008, 06:29 PM
Should Bill Parcell get credit for turning this team around, i would say yes, he located the weak areas and got players to improve those areas.

elcabezon
10-05-2008, 07:06 PM
of course he should... he's the man in charge...

I hope that we can continue to win because I will be at the game next week vs the Texans!!!

Phil C
10-06-2008, 10:26 AM
Getting Ricky Williams back has helped too.

texansfan
10-06-2008, 10:38 AM
Yes, my team's crappy and no I'm not trying to be bitter, but a winning "streak" starts at three games, so one more (which you can very well get at Houston) will start the streak.

But Miami has won two straight and looked pretty darn good doing it too!

DaHop72
10-06-2008, 10:43 AM
Originally posted by texansfan
Yes, my team's crappy and no I'm not trying to be bitter, but a winning "streak" starts at three games, so one more (which you can very well get at Houston) will start the streak.

But Miami has won two straight and looked pretty darn good doing it too! In sports, a winning streak refers to a consecutive number of games won. The smallest "winning streak" is 2 consecutive wins. A winning streak can be held by a team, as in baseball, football, basketball, hockey, or by an individual, as in tennis. ...
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Winning streak (sports)

elcabezon
10-06-2008, 05:20 PM
yeah I am pretty sure a streak is winning consecutive games... so how 'bout we win on Sunday just to make sure! :p

Necks_Fan
10-06-2008, 05:39 PM
Originally posted by elcabezon
yeah I am pretty sure a streak is winning consecutive games... so how 'bout we win on Sunday just to make sure! :p Wouldn't doubt it. The Texans aern't very good.

JR2004
10-06-2008, 05:40 PM
Originally posted by WylieBulldog92
It kinda looked like that last season though didn't it?

Last season he had some nagging injuries so I was willing to give him a mulligan.

This year he just looks old. All those carries (and catches as well) and hits he's absorbed over the years have taken a toll on him. :(

JR2004
10-06-2008, 05:41 PM
Originally posted by texansfan

I was always under the impression that two wins in a row was a winning streak. :confused:

themsu97
10-06-2008, 05:41 PM
Texans are pretty good... but so are the Dolphins... the Texans have played Pittsburg, Jacksonville, Tennessee and Indianapolis... not exactly the cake walk... the Dolphins have played New England and San Diego, not sure who else but those two are tough...

Texans win by 7...

JR2004
10-06-2008, 05:43 PM
Originally posted by themsu97
Texans are pretty good... but so are the Dolphins... the Texans have played Pittsburg, Jacksonville, Tennessee and Indianapolis... not exactly the cake walk... the Dolphins have played New England and San Diego, not sure who else but those two are tough...

Texans win by 7...

They opened with the Jets and had Arizona the week after that.

themsu97
10-06-2008, 05:45 PM
okay, so Arizona and the Jets are not that tough... but they did beat two tough teams...
the Texans schedule does get a little easier now