PDA

View Full Version : Bengals @ Dallas

Bullaholic
10-05-2008, 12:13 PM
The 'Pokes are expected to win this one----they better, because if they don't----you just think we heard a lot of media buzz last week. TO and Ocho Cinco will have a dance contest---just hope TO gets to dance a lot more. Cowboys by 14.

coach
10-05-2008, 12:24 PM
seattle??? i thought ocho cinco played for cincy?

Bullaholic
10-05-2008, 01:22 PM
Originally posted by coach
seattle??? i thought ocho cinco played for cincy?

Whoops--Was watching Seattle and NY, and slipped up. It is most definitely Cincy. Sorry.

SintonFan_inAustin
10-05-2008, 02:07 PM
TO Cowboys 55 Bengals 10

sinton66
10-05-2008, 02:50 PM
Originally posted by Bullaholic
Whoops--Was watching Seattle and NY, and slipped up. It is most definitely Cincy. Sorry.

Fixed it for you.;)

sinton66
10-05-2008, 03:44 PM
Dallas looks fired up today.

Bullaholic
10-05-2008, 04:55 PM
Originally posted by sinton66
Fixed it for you.;)

Thanks, 66--been watching too many other games to think about the thread I'm making.

forum_guy
10-05-2008, 05:06 PM
you might want to watch that cowboy game...bengals are playin good ball...they should have gotten a td instead of one of those FGs, that really hurt them

pirate4state
10-05-2008, 05:14 PM
this isn't a playoff team if they can't put the 0-4 Bengals away :doh:

we look horrible

yeah, i said it!

4x100jackets
10-05-2008, 05:15 PM
Cowgirls are still thinking about last weeks but kicking, Washington gave them........I LOVE IT !!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Txbroadcaster
10-05-2008, 05:16 PM
Originally posted by 4x100jackets
Cowgirls are still thinking about last weeks but kicking, Washington gave them........I LOVE IT !!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Yea I am sure that is it lol

they got complacent up 17-0 and now they got to get restarted

Emerson1
10-05-2008, 05:23 PM
Mike Jenkins has crappy field awareness

injuredinmelee
10-05-2008, 05:25 PM
He couldnt possibly play any worse than Romo is AGAIN today. Besides the Buffalo game last year name me one game Romo has won with his play. Now name me the games he has lost with his gunslinger play. He sucks. OVER RATED.

This ought to get Terry fired up and the rest of you Cowboy apologists.

IHStangFan
10-05-2008, 05:28 PM
Originally posted by injuredinmelee
He couldnt possibly play any worse than Romo is AGAIN today. Besides the Buffalo game last year name me one game Romo has won with his play. Now name me the games he has lost with his gunslinger play. He sucks. OVER RATED.

This ought to get Terry fired up and the rest of you Cowboy apologists. LOL.....wow....OUCH. You have me to thank for Romo's performance today...I started him in my fantasy league. Thank God I had Eli in the other league.

Emerson1
10-05-2008, 05:33 PM
Put in Jones in place of Barber aswell

Txbroadcaster
10-05-2008, 05:34 PM

No doubt he is playing like crud today..not sure what the deal, he is pulling all his throws it seems

SintonFan_inAustin
10-05-2008, 05:37 PM
THROW THE BALL TO T.O!!!!!!

Romo from the start has not been putting much on his throws. Hurt? just doesnt seem to be throwing like he can.

SintonFan_inAustin
10-05-2008, 05:39 PM
J. Garrett job to get T.O. as much as possible in a man to man situation and get him the ball.

SintonFan_inAustin
10-05-2008, 05:44 PM
Originally posted by IHStangFan
LOL.....wow....OUCH. You have me to thank for Romo's performance today...I started him in my fantasy league. Thank God I had Eli in the other league. 1st time this year he doesn't get me at least 20+ points.

Emerson1
10-05-2008, 05:45 PM
TO sucks

Matthew328
10-05-2008, 05:46 PM
Hmm what happens when the ball goes to your best player...LOL

SintonFan_inAustin
10-05-2008, 05:47 PM
Originally posted by Matthew328
Hmm what happens when the ball goes to your best player...LOL exactly and it also fires up the rest of the team when TO is happy :D

pirate4state
10-05-2008, 06:15 PM
L-U-C-K LUCK BABY, LUCK!!!

:D

Txbroadcaster
10-05-2008, 06:19 PM

I think his play in the 4th Q won this game

JR2004
10-05-2008, 06:22 PM
Hmm...Well it's a win. The G-Men did struggle with these scrubs as well at home.

King_LeYoeNidas
10-05-2008, 06:24 PM
Originally posted by JR2004
Hmm...Well it's a win. The G-Men did struggle with these scrubs as well at home.

that's the only thing I take solace in with this win.

Txbroadcaster
10-05-2008, 06:25 PM

and I am curious to see the angle the media takes on this game

Like you said they took the Giants to OT and were in the game all game

In this one IMO Dallas shut it down after a 17-0 lead. To me it is a good win( any win in NFL is a good win) but especially because how they had to respond and wake back up

SintonFan_inAustin
10-05-2008, 06:25 PM
Hmm...Well it's a win. The G-Men did struggle with these scrubs as well at home. NFL a win is a win, as each Sunday if you dont come ready to play or a good game plan, you lose.

Gaints and Redskins looking good, its going to be tough to win the division this year.

JR2004
10-05-2008, 06:34 PM
Originally posted by Txbroadcaster
and I am curious to see the angle the media takes on this game

I expect a good amount of sarcasm from the local media.

3afan
10-05-2008, 06:42 PM
the only angle that matters is: W

Txbroadcaster
10-05-2008, 06:46 PM
I expect a good amount of sarcasm from the local media.

yea same here

All I know, is Romo played bad, Offense was crap after building 17-0 lead..yet Romo ends up with 3 TD and offense gains 373 yards and scores 31 points..oh and Romo finished with a 106 rating for the game

Dallas is to the point if they dont wiin 42-10 then someone is saying they are overrated and what not

This team talked about not peaking to early this year and to be 4-1 and only played ONE complete game I think it speaks volumes to what this team can do

NFC East is a fun one this year

piratebg
10-05-2008, 07:04 PM
A win is a win. Dallas came out on fire in the first quarter and then just went flat until the end of the 4th quarter. The offense has hit a little bit of skid the past couple of weeks. The defense played good for most of the game but the offense kept them on the field alot in the second half. 4-1 ain't bad. Time to get ready for the Cardinals.

SintonFan_inAustin
10-05-2008, 07:47 PM
Originally posted by piratebg
Time to get ready for the Cardinals. St Louis Rams:)

bobcat1
10-05-2008, 07:48 PM
Originally posted by piratebg
The defense played good for most of the game

Are you kidding me? Well maybe the first quarter............

Could someone put some heat on Palmer? Could someone please cover AJwhoseyourmama? I mean even within 10 yards down by the goal line???? Someone needs to step up and be a leader sometime. This is the most talented bunch of players in the NFL and it seems like every dang one of them are waiting for someone else to step up and make a play. "Mr Happy" Phillips better go to building a fire under that DC's Arse or he may be looking for work next year. I mean somebody needs to act like it pi$$es them off to play this bad. *steps down of his soapbox*

piratebg
10-05-2008, 08:05 PM
Originally posted by SintonFan_inAustin
St Louis Rams:)

Nope, the Cardinals. ;)

JR2004
10-05-2008, 08:10 PM
St Louis Rams:)

Unless you've suddenly become a Redskins fan y'all have the Cardinals next week. :)

SintonFan_inAustin
10-05-2008, 08:13 PM
Unless you've suddenly become a Redskins fan y'all have the Cardinals next week. :) :mad: was looking at Redskins schedule :doh: Cowboys get the Rams the following week.

piratebg
10-05-2008, 08:19 PM
Originally posted by bobcat1

Could someone put some heat on Palmer? Could someone please cover AJwhoseyourmama? I mean even within 10 yards down by the goal line???? Someone needs to step up and be a leader sometime. This is the most talented bunch of players in the NFL and it seems like every dang one of them are waiting for someone else to step up and make a play. "Mr Happy" Phillips better go to building a fire under that DC's Arse or he may be looking for work next year. I mean somebody needs to act like it pi$$es them off to play this bad. *steps down of his soapbox*

The defense held the Bengals to 2 FGs in the first half, the latter of the two was after the Romo fumble that gave them the ball at the Dallas 29. They sacked Palmer twice in the second half, got their first int of the year and forced/recovered a fumble. Cincy was held to just 61yds on the ground. The defense gave up two long scoring drives in the second half, but they really had no help from the offense after the first quarter.

Txbroadcaster
10-05-2008, 08:44 PM
Originally posted by bobcat1

hmm lets see

Bengals 61 yards rushing..2.7 yards PC....Passing 217 yards in 39 attempts...that is 5.5 yards per attempt

Dallas got two TOs

No the pass rush was not great, but Cincy also maxed protect most of the game

I think people have in their mind that the 90's Cowboys beat everyone 42-7 and went 16-0..They did not..Nor did the Landry Era Cowboys..All the great teams have these games..difference in a good team and a great team is the great team still pulls out the win

Simple fact is THEY WON, and did it looking mighty ugly at times.

eagles_victory
10-05-2008, 08:51 PM

Simple fact is THEY WON, and did it looking mighty ugly at times. You have to win ugly in the NFL. I think that was Dallas's problem last year they couldnt win the ugly games. Philly 10-6 lost the Giants playoff game was ugly and they couldnt win that one either.

bobcat1
10-06-2008, 05:50 AM
Originally posted by eagles_victory
You have to win ugly in the NFL. I think that was Dallas's problem last year they couldnt win the ugly games. Philly 10-6 lost the Giants playoff game was ugly and they couldnt win that one either. That's a good point. The stats don't erase the scoring I saw and the ease of it. Anyway I am happy we won the UGLY game. Still concerned about D............

Phil C
10-06-2008, 08:11 AM
Originally posted by 4x100jackets

Yeah a two point win is sure a big kicking. Back in the George Allen Days when Washington won it was nearly always close. Just the oppositie when Dallas won. :confused:

Phil C
10-06-2008, 08:13 AM
On a serious note I hope we don't get the pro football threads closed like the college threads. Worse yet it would be a shame if the Tour de France Thread got closed especially with Lance coming back!

Phil C
10-06-2008, 08:14 AM
HOW ABOUT THEM COWBOYS!

WE WHIPPED THE BENGLES ON THE ROAD!

BEST ROAD GAME WE EVER HAD!

:clap:

JasperDog94
10-06-2008, 08:49 AM
Originally posted by Phil C
HOW ABOUT THEM COWBOYS!

WE WHIPPED THE BENGLES ON THE ROAD!

BEST ROAD GAME WE EVER HAD!

:clap: All I can say is..."Wow"...

Bullaholic
10-06-2008, 09:10 AM
Originally posted by Phil C
On a serious note I hope we don't get the pro football threads closed like the college threads. Worse yet it would be a shame if the Tour de France Thread got closed especially with Lance coming back!

I think it's safe to say that the Tour de France and the chess threads will be o.k, Phil..... :D

Macarthur
10-06-2008, 10:46 AM
Ya, I've got mixed feelings about this game. I was at the game and it's clear this offense is just a bit out of sync.

Of course, when you score 31 points, have almost 400 yards of offense and your QB has a rating of over 105, it seems like nit-picking to find negatives.

My concern is that the team just doesn't seem to have a sense of urgency. I'm not going to worry about it too much until November. My hope is that the team is playing its best football at the end of the season, which has been the opposite in previous years.

XtremeCouture
10-06-2008, 11:20 AM
is it really nitpicking to be mad at romo for finding a way to turn the ball over every game?

pirate4state
10-06-2008, 11:46 AM
Originally posted by XtremeCouture
is it really nitpicking to be mad at romo for finding a way to turn the ball over every game? he seriously needs to take better care of the ball! :mad:

waterboy
10-06-2008, 12:40 PM
It was definitely an ugly win, but a win is a win and the Cowboys will take it. I don't know what the Cowboys are thinking, but if they don't get their act together this week the Cardinals will blow them out. They won't be able to play like that in Arizona and expect to win. They have to put 4 quarters together once again or they will continue to struggle, even against the bad teams, and Arizona is no slouch of a team. That's always a tough place to play and the Cowboys will have to be on top of their game in order to have a chance to win it.

JasperDog94
10-06-2008, 12:44 PM
Who knew that Roy Williams was the glue for this spotty defense?;) :p :p

Maroon87
10-06-2008, 12:44 PM
NFL a win is a win, as each Sunday if you dont come ready to play or a good game plan, you lose.

Gaints and Redskins looking good, its going to be tough to win the division this year.

Yep. As someone once said..."the other guys are getting paid a lot of money too..."

Macarthur
10-06-2008, 02:29 PM
Originally posted by XtremeCouture
is it really nitpicking to be mad at romo for finding a way to turn the ball over every game?

Tony has 11 TDs and 5 INTs on the season.

Dude, he is on pace to throw for more than 4000 yards around 30 TDs and 15 INTs! His rating is over 100.

Would you guys like to go back to the days of Quincy?

Good grief. :eek:

JR2004
10-06-2008, 03:07 PM
Originally posted by pirate4state
he seriously needs to take better care of the ball! :mad:

He's a gunslinger. For better or worse, Romo is going to throw some INT's due to some of the chances he is going to take.

Y'all could put Brad Johnson out there. His specialty is the 5 yard Hail Mary. :)

Bullaholic
10-06-2008, 03:15 PM
Unfortunately, Romo has the 800-lb--"You have to win in the playoffs" gorilla on his back, and will not be mentioned in the "Great" QB category until he does. I agree that he is doing better than most NFL QB's, and probably is in the top 5-6 right now.

Txbroadcaster
10-06-2008, 03:34 PM
Originally posted by JasperDog94
Who knew that Roy Williams was the glue for this spotty defense?;) :p :p

Why is everyone acting like the Dallas D played bad yesterday?

They gave up 2.7 yards per carry..gave up only 217 yards passing, forced two TOs...the only problem was lack of pressure, but IMO the Dallas D kept Dallas in the game forcing Cincy to kick FGs with short fields to work with

Macarthur
10-06-2008, 03:45 PM
And the Dallas D held the Begals to 22 points. The mighty Super Bowl champ, NY Giants gave up 23 to the Bengals.

Seriously, I think the defense played pretty decent.

However, I believe this team will go only as far as the defense can take them. With all the top draft picks and FA money, I would like to see them mix in a couple of dominating performances here and there.

Eagle 1
10-06-2008, 03:53 PM
Looking at the total season defensive stats on the season:
Total Defense = 14th in the league
Pass Defense = 18th in the league
Rush Defense = 10th in the league

With the number of pro bowl players Dallas has on defense (and I'm not even going to count) we should be in the top 5 in all defensive catagories.

Txbroadcaster
10-06-2008, 04:00 PM
Originally posted by Eagle 1
Looking at the total season defensive stats on the season:
Total Defense = 14th in the league
Pass Defense = 18th in the league
Rush Defense = 10th in the league

With the number of pro bowl players Dallas has on defense (and I'm not even going to count) we should be in the top 5 in all defensive catagories.

Now I agree for the season Dallas has NOT played GREAT D..but yesterday they did what they had to do to win

as far as Pro Bowlers..Ware, Ellis, Newman, Williams and Zach Thomas( none as a Cowboy)

Eagle 1
10-06-2008, 04:15 PM
Now I agree for the season Dallas has NOT played GREAT D..but yesterday they did what they had to do to win

as far as Pro Bowlers..Ware, Ellis, Newman, Williams and Zach Thomas( none as a Cowboy)

I didnt know Ware or Ellis played anywhere else?
And we do have a few injured pro bowl players, Newman, Roy Williams.
What about Tank Johnson, Pat Watkins, and Pacman Jones?
I think they were pro bowl players?
We have got the talent, just not the "team" yet.

Agreed, the defense did play decent against a winless team.

Macarthur
10-06-2008, 04:18 PM

None of those 3 were pro-bowlers.

Txbroadcaster
10-06-2008, 04:19 PM
I didnt know Ware or Ellis played anywhere else?
And we do have a few injured pro bowl players, Newman, Roy Williams.

LOL I meant Zach Thomas's Pro bowls were not as a Cowboy

I have never heard anyone say Pat Watkins has Pro Bowl Talent..he is a 5th round pick and never has been anything more than a back up and special team player

Pacman we dont know, he was just coming into his own as a DB when he had to sit out

Tank is a plugger but again not sure if he is a pro bowl talent

Eagle 1
10-06-2008, 06:18 PM
My bad, I meant Ken Hamlin not Pat Watkins.
I'm pretty sure he was a pro bowl selection.

XtremeCouture
10-09-2008, 10:22 AM
Originally posted by Macarthur
Tony has 11 TDs and 5 INTs on the season.

Dude, he is on pace to throw for more than 4000 yards around 30 TDs and 15 INTs! His rating is over 100.

Would you guys like to go back to the days of Quincy?

Good grief. :eek:
5 int in 5 games comes out to 15 int in 16 games, huh? besides the int he has fumbled 3 times and lost 2. so that would be about 10 fumble this year about 6-7 lost. so 22-23 turnovers this season. not acceptable