PDA

View Full Version : burnet @ llano

lv2937
10-05-2008, 09:10 AM
:thinking: lets get this started. i say burnet will win. i do not see burnet losing another game in dirtrict.

solocam
10-05-2008, 03:31 PM
Bulldogs by 17

stonedigger
10-05-2008, 04:02 PM
Burnet comes into this game with 2 district losses, 3 district losses and there cooked and done. Burnet appears to have suffered some injuries in the LH game, so that will carry some weight. Llano didn't play a good game against F'brg and squeaked out a win.

Llano 28 Burnet 20

sandmaster
10-05-2008, 08:58 PM
This game is huge for playoff implications. This may be the biggest game of 8-3a even though Burnet is 0-2 and Llano 1-0 this may very well set the playoff spots.

BulletsX
10-05-2008, 09:28 PM
Burnet by 2 touchdowns

JR2004
10-05-2008, 09:40 PM
I've always had a lot of respect for Llano. I remember when I was in junior high we were in a district with them (The old hill country district for those who remember it.) and they always hit really, really hard! I had to play against them in 7th grade while I had the flu (Wouldn't let my coaches know I was sick because I wasn't missing that game!) and they almost made me hurl several times with some well timed shots to the stomach area...lol.

NastySlot
10-05-2008, 10:26 PM
this might be a replay of the bandera/llano game.

espn1
10-06-2008, 06:37 AM
Originally posted by NastySlot
this might be a replay of the bandera/llano game. :confused: :confused: :confused:

87 TIGER
10-07-2008, 08:18 AM
I'll take Llano in this one at home by 14

themsu97
10-07-2008, 09:05 AM
Originally posted by 87 TIGER
I'll take Llano in this one at home by 14

uuuuhhh... the game is in Burnet...

ol country boy
10-07-2008, 01:57 PM
Good luck to the Bulldogs.

Texasfootball2
10-07-2008, 02:52 PM
I think this game has huge playoff implications that could have a rippling affect on the whole Reg 1 playoff picture.

If Burnet losses to Llano*(Hypothetically)

That would be 2 district losses and Llano would have a tie breaker over Burnet.

Burnet is the big school in district 8 and Fisher Canyon and Fred-burg are the next biggest with "Liberty Hill" the fourth.

Wimberely seems to be a strong playoff contender and everyone knows LH will be in, "SO" if Burnet losses to Llano, they would probably have to be Wimberely to get in the playoffs.

My point is that if Llano, Wimberely, and LH make the playoffs, then LH goes D1. Burnet has to make the playoffs for LH to go D2. Like I said in the beginning, "this game has huge implications on the region 1 playoff brackets".

87 TIGER
10-07-2008, 03:06 PM
Originally posted by themsu97
uuuuhhh... the game is in Burnet... oh, my bad then I'll take Llano by 7

Silverback 04
10-07-2008, 04:00 PM
Originally posted by Texasfootball2
I think this game has huge playoff implications that could have a rippling affect on the whole Reg 1 playoff picture.

If Burnet losses to Llano*(Hypothetically)

That would be 2 district losses and Llano would have a tie breaker over Burnet.

Burnet is the big school in district 8 and Fisher Canyon and Fred-burg are the next biggest with "Liberty Hill" the fourth.

Wimberely seems to be a strong playoff contender and everyone knows LH will be in, "SO" if Burnet losses to Llano, they would probably have to be Wimberely to get in the playoffs.

My point is that if Llano, Wimberely, and LH make the playoffs, then LH goes D1. Burnet has to make the playoffs for LH to go D2. Like I said in the beginning, "this game has huge implications on the region 1 playoff brackets".

All correct, except Burnet already lost to Wimberley 27-21 week before. Bulldogs need to win out to get in to playoffs I believe, which is definitely possible.

lange4
10-08-2008, 08:12 AM
the backend of Burnet's schedule is really nice for them, if they can beat Llano and Fredericksburg. They end with an open week, Ingram, then Canyon Lake.

lange4
10-08-2008, 08:32 PM
I know this is still early in district play but this game looms very large. It can basicly spell the end of Burnet's season and the beginning of Llano's 2nd season if Llano wins. We won't even entertain the other options at this time.

espn1
10-08-2008, 11:06 PM
If Burnet can't beat Llano then I'd rather em miss the playoff's

lange4
10-09-2008, 11:42 AM
If they don't beat Llano they WILL miss the playoffs.

olddawggreen
10-09-2008, 01:10 PM
Burnet by two touchdowns.

ziggy29
10-09-2008, 08:15 PM
My heart says Llano, my head says Burnet in a squeaker, maybe by one TD.

Burnet's postseason hopes may be over if they lose this one. That, plus being at home, plus how they almost beat another slot-T team in LH last week, gives the Bulldogs my slight nod.

I'm expecting this to be a good one that could go either way, though. Watch the turnover battle here -- it could be a big one. Llano has done a great job of taking care of the ball, and if they win the turnover battle it might tilt in their favor.

ziggy29
10-09-2008, 08:20 PM
Originally posted by stonedigger
[B]Burnet comes into this game with 2 district losses, 3 district losses and there cooked and done. Burnet appears to have suffered some injuries in the LH game, so that will carry some weight. Llano didn't play a good game against F'brg and squeaked out a win. ] To be fair, I think Llano played a solid game for more than three quarters. The play calling and decision making went conservative with a 32-14 lead in the fourth quarter.

One of the hallmarks of a Llano offense is often going for it on 4th and short between the 40s. Usually, they make it with a strong rushing attack. With an 18-point lead in the fourth quarter and with the clock as an ally, Coach Yeager chose to punt twice in that situation and make the Billies burn clock to move the ball, figuring that time would run out on them.

In a closer game I would have expected the Jackets to go for it, run the ball, *probably* get the first downs and run it out. But with the cushion Llano had, Yeager (rightly, IMO) didn't feel that need.

stonedigger
10-10-2008, 12:57 PM
(Ziggy29) If you are going to paste a post in a reply, please make sure you post the whole post or nothing. I thought only politicians made partial quotes that can be taken out of context.

Llano 28 Burnet 20

While Llano didn't have a GREAT game against F'brg, they did what winners always do. Find a way to win.

BTW, I think Coach Yeager did and does a great job coaching the Jackets.

olddawggreen
10-10-2008, 11:39 PM
Originally posted by olddawggreen
Burnet by two touchdowns.

Darn, guess I was off a bit.:D

ziggy29
10-11-2008, 08:48 AM
[B](Ziggy29) If you are going to paste a post in a reply, please make sure you post the whole post or nothing. I thought only politicians made partial quotes that can be taken out of context.
And if you're going to call someone out on your second post, you should know that message board etiquette usually dictates not quoting the entire post, just the relevant pieces you're replying about.

Looking4number8
10-11-2008, 10:45 AM
[BLlano 28 Burnet 20

While Llano didn't have a GREAT game against F'brg, they did what winners always do. Find a way to win.

[/B]

Llano won this game??? The "Texas High School Football Scoreboard" in my paper this morning says

Burnet 35
Llano 12

I am soooo confused!

LH Panther Mom
10-11-2008, 10:49 AM
Originally posted by lookingfornumbe
Llano won this game??? The "Texas High School Football Scoreboard" in my paper this morning says

Burnet 35
Llano 12

I am soooo confused!
I think he was talking about the Fredericksburg "win".

LHdog
10-11-2008, 10:51 AM
Burnet won 35-12, but looking at the stats you would never know it. Llano had twice the yardage as Burnet. That's what turnovers and special teams play can do for you.

Old Dog
10-11-2008, 10:54 AM
Sidenote........does anyone know the situation with the young man from Llano that was hauled off by ambulance? Sure hope he is okay as it seemed to take a long time for the EMS to show.