PDA

View Full Version : Wharton vs. Brookshire Royal

TigerFan51
10-04-2008, 01:41 PM
The Tigers are at home this next week and it will be homecoming. From here on out is all that matters...

The Tigers will only have two away games during district play...Stafford and Sweeny.

Bull's-eye
10-04-2008, 04:30 PM
The Royal defense will shut down the Wharton offense, but their offense will probably give the game away. Only way BR wins if they defense comes up with some defensive scores.

IHStangFan
10-04-2008, 05:40 PM
This game could go either way I suspect.

TigerFan51
10-05-2008, 04:10 PM
Don't suppose there's any posters from Brookshire?

Antec
10-05-2008, 06:35 PM
I predict a low scoring game

fireman1
10-05-2008, 08:28 PM
i hope wharton wins this game

Necked
10-05-2008, 08:33 PM
A huge game for these two teams, as the loser faces the daunting task of having to defeat at least two, if not all three of the teams from Needville, Sweeny, & Columbia to have a chance of making the playoffs.....

Pudlugger
10-05-2008, 08:42 PM
0 to 0 tie after 3 ots.

TigerFan51
10-05-2008, 10:07 PM
Originally posted by Pudlugger
0 to 0 tie after 3 ots.

Maybe, but the only thing that matters is the score at the end of the game.

HEMOTOXIC
10-05-2008, 10:17 PM
Wharton in a close one. They deserve it. Go Tigers!

TigerFan51
10-05-2008, 11:54 PM
Originally posted by HEMOTOXIC
Wharton in a close one. They deserve it. Go Tigers!

Thanks...yes the boys so do deserve a win! A very nice reward for a very brutal pre-district schedule. I truly believe practice will be very intense this week. Things will be turned up several notches.

scrub c
10-06-2008, 08:49 AM
lots of athletes running around during this game... Both have good Defenses, and offenses have been suspect to this point. I predict a big play will be the difference.

Wharton's Defense will be too much for the falcon to handle...

So I take wharton by a TD...

17counter
10-06-2008, 09:28 AM
I heard that BRoyal's Q.B. is out due to grades.

Don't think they have much of a chance in this one. They are horrible up front!

Wharton 20
Royal 6

TigerFan51
10-06-2008, 12:54 PM
It'll be interesting to see how practice goes this week in preparation for this game. The Tiger defense is the team's best feature right now and will give Brookshire fits all night. I just hope the offense gets something going so the defense can get a little rest this week and not have to spend practically the entire game on the field.

Go Tigers...Go Big Blue!

IHStangFan
10-06-2008, 01:01 PM
after giving it some thought.....I do believe Wharton will win this game.

STAggie
10-06-2008, 01:06 PM
I am going to have to go with Royal in this one. I think they will get it together for district and maybe even make the playoffs.

TigerFan51
10-06-2008, 01:40 PM
Originally posted by STAggie
I am going to have to go with Royal in this one. I think they will get it together for district and maybe even make the playoffs.

I'd love to hear you ellaborate...

STAggie
10-06-2008, 01:45 PM
Originally posted by TigerFan51
I'd love to hear you ellaborate...

They have the coaching staff and atheletes to compete in their district, all they are lacking is putting it together and playing a good game.

TIGER FAN
10-06-2008, 02:43 PM
Originally posted by STAggie
They have the coaching staff and atheletes to compete in their district, all they are lacking is putting it together and playing a good game.

The same goes for the Wharton Tigers!!!!! ;)

TigerFan51
10-06-2008, 02:50 PM
Originally posted by TIGER FAN
The same goes for the Wharton Tigers!!!!! ;)

Amen to that!

TigerFan51
10-07-2008, 06:58 AM
What a sleepy little thread...cmon Tiger fans, let's here some noise but only good noise!

Astro2
10-07-2008, 09:09 AM
I'll take Royal. Their offense isn't as horrible as people think. Through 4 games they have racked up 876 total yards as opposed to Wharton's 345. They also possess they district's leading QB (who has only played 2 1/2 games due to an injured hand) and receiver. If the Royal O can figure out how to take care of the ball, they will be just fine. They have 10 turnovers through the last 2 games.

TigerFan51
10-07-2008, 10:56 AM
Word going around is that the BR QB is out due to grades? Don't know if this is true, but if it is, it would shed a whole different light on the game.

Necks_Fan
10-07-2008, 02:26 PM
Maybe, but the only thing that matters is the score at the end of the game. LOL.....Wouldn't 0-0 at the end of 3 OT's mean a tie????

That would be the end of the game.... I think. LOL.

raider red 2000
10-07-2008, 03:16 PM
Originally posted by Necks_Fan
LOL.....Wouldn't 0-0 at the end of 3 OT's mean a tie????

That would be the end of the game.... I think. LOL.

sorry junior...you are wrong......games dont end in a tie.

after 3 Ot's if a team scores....they have to go for 2.

WOS1
10-07-2008, 04:02 PM
Originally posted by Astro2
I'll take Royal. Their offense isn't as horrible as people think. Through 4 games they have racked up 876 total yards as opposed to Wharton's 345. They also possess they district's leading QB (who has only played 2 1/2 games due to an injured hand) and receiver. If the Royal O can figure out how to take care of the ball, they will be just fine. They have 10 turnovers through the last 2 games.

How many yards did BR have against Bellville?

If BR sticks with the I-Formation, then they may win this game. I Wharton does not have a passing game, they will probably win this game. BR plays Russian Roulette on defense stacking the LOS to stop the run. If Wharton can't pass, they are in trouble.

BR's biggest problem that I see is that they have NO discipline.

kingoftheranch
10-07-2008, 04:25 PM
i think royal will win this one.

Antec
10-07-2008, 04:55 PM
Jerry's Football Rankings picks Falcons by 5

So its really a toss up

fireman1
10-07-2008, 05:39 PM
wharton gots this one in the bag

TigerFan51
10-08-2008, 06:51 AM
Originally posted by fireman1
wharton gots this one in the bag
I'm one to NEVER count my chickens before they hatch but of course I'm pulling for my Tigers to take this one. I just feel their tough pre-district schedule will have been a good preparation for district.

TIGER FAN
10-08-2008, 07:38 AM
I'm one to NEVER count my chickens before they hatch but of course I'm pulling for my Tigers to take this one. I just feel their tough pre-district schedule will have been a good preparation for district.

Right on TigerFan51 -- I agree!

17counter
10-08-2008, 08:15 AM
Originally posted by TIGER FAN
Right on TigerFan51 -- I agree!

BR had a pretty tough pre district schedule

West Orange Stark
Bellville
Sealy

Still with that said. BR, loses a close one due to their lack of discipline!

pancho villa
10-08-2008, 11:10 AM
I heard the secondary coach at Wharton got caught watering dirt. Is there any truth to this rumor?

Johnnypaycheck
10-08-2008, 11:30 AM
Lies, lies, they are all lies!

fireman1
10-08-2008, 12:22 PM
dont that just make mud? :thinking: haha

raider red 2000
10-08-2008, 01:17 PM
Originally posted by fireman1
dont that just make mud? :thinking: haha
yes.

Necks_Fan
10-08-2008, 01:25 PM
Originally posted by raider red 2000
sorry junior...you are wrong......games dont end in a tie.

after 3 Ot's if a team scores....they have to go for 2. Oh yea. LOL. That is right. My bad. :)

TigerFan51
10-08-2008, 03:43 PM
Originally posted by 17counter
BR had a pretty tough pre district schedule

West Orange Stark
Bellville
Sealy

Still with that said. BR, loses a close one due to their lack of discipline!

I'll give 'em WOS and Bellville but Sealy? You gotta be kidding! From what I've been reading on here, Sealy is way, way overrated. From the scores of their games, I'd say that's about right too!

BR still did not have a schedule that compared with Wharton with the likes of Rice, Smithville, El Campo and Bellville...there's no comparison!

STAggie
10-08-2008, 03:57 PM
I'll give 'em WOS and Bellville but Sealy? You gotta be kidding! From what I've been reading on here, Sealy is way, way overrated. From the scores of their games, I'd say that's about right too!

BR still did not have a schedule that compared with Wharton with the likes of Rice, Smithville, El Campo and Bellville...there's no comparison!

You can't be serious. Royal's oppenets are all more quality then Whartons. The only advantage being that Wharton played El Campo but it is not a big one. Royal will win this game. They are going to surpirse a lot of the people who count them out.

Necks_Fan
10-08-2008, 04:03 PM

BR still did not have a schedule that compared with Wharton with the likes of Rice, Smithville, El Campo and Bellville...there's no comparison! Wo-S is WAY better than any team Wharton faced.

El Campo is the only team that can even sniff WO-S dust.

fireman1
10-08-2008, 06:56 PM
wos is way better but the tigers played a harder pre district

JR2004
10-08-2008, 07:59 PM
Originally posted by 17counter
BR had a pretty tough pre district opponent

West Orange Stark

Fixed!

maestro
10-08-2008, 10:02 PM
i believe that grades at royal have NOT been posted yet.

qb out is possibly due to an injury??

both teams turn the ball over way too much.

whichever one solves this problem will have a slight advantage.

TigerFan51
10-08-2008, 10:29 PM
Lo and behold, I forgot Giddings too. So that was Rice, Giddings, Smithville, El Campo and Bellville.

For Brookshire: Bryan-Rudder, Hempstead, Sealy, Bellville and WOS.

Now tell me honestly who has had the tougher pre-district schedule?

IHStangFan
10-08-2008, 10:40 PM
Lo and behold, I forgot Giddings too. So that was Rice, Giddings, Smithville, El Campo and Bellville.

For Brookshire: Bryan-Rudder, Hempstead, Sealy, Bellville and WOS.

Now tell me honestly who has had the tougher pre-district schedule? Um....looks about split down the middle to me.

maestro
10-09-2008, 05:30 AM
arguing over pre district schedule???

how about more " inside" notes on personnel from both sides.....

i don't read RAIDERRED complaing about the schedule...

TigerFan51
10-09-2008, 06:03 AM
Originally posted by IHStangFan
Um....looks about split down the middle to me.

No one is arguing about pre-district just making observations. If the opponents a team has already faced doesn't matter then why does anyone on here make reference to them? I see numerous folks making the same statements about their teams. ALL of the teams Wharton has faced are/have been State-ranked so it is NOT split down the middle, four perhaps five to two. I hardly call that "split down the middle". I looked up the standings for the teams Brookshire has faced and only Bellville and an awesome WOS are even ranked. Sealy may still be but as many have posted in other threads here in the forums, are way overrated.

Why would RaiderRed be complaining? I don't understand what that has to do with anything! Yes, I know who RaiderRed is too, by the way.

I don't like talking about personnel either. Why give anyone a heads up? They'll find out about peronnel when they hit the field.

Enough of that...now back to the game. I'm not saying that Wharton will romp and stomp but they definitely have some good things going on and have the capabilities of pulling this off. I'm not saying that Brookshire will be a pushover or are slouches in the least. I don't ever write-off an opponent. When you overlook someone you liable to get bitten in the butt so I stay away from doing that! Its not going to be a runaway game for either team and probably will be a close one, maybe too close to call even.

TigerFan51
10-10-2008, 06:33 AM
It's GAME DAY! Let's go Tigers...focus on the task at hand.

Astro2
10-10-2008, 10:11 AM
Good Luck Falcons. Tonight starts a brand new season!