PDA

View Full Version : Mathis(1-1,3-2) VS Sinton(2-0,4-0) (battle of the Pirates)

SintonFan_inAustin
10-04-2008, 01:40 PM
Massey Rating has it:

Sinton 27 Mathis 14

predictions?

Blastoderm55
10-04-2008, 01:44 PM
It'll be a good one, with both programs finally on the upswing. I may go since Beeville has the bye week.

Pudlugger
10-04-2008, 02:03 PM
Arrgh...Sinton wins, me pretty...Arrgh!:D

pirate4state
10-04-2008, 03:39 PM
There is no love loss between these two schools. It'll be a war. Mathis will be good & pissed after that butt whooping they took in Ingleside and I know our boys are NOT pleased with their effort against Aransas Pass.

Buckle up, it's gonna be a bumpy ride!

Predictions later in the week.

SintonFan_inAustin
10-04-2008, 03:46 PM
Sinton has scored 35 points in the first game and then 3 straight games of 28 points. It just didnt seem like the same offense from the two prior games but overall score total still was 28. Sinton defense looked good in the 1st half but emotions can carry a team for a while and AP was determine to pull of the upset in 2nd half and gave our defense fits in the second half.

sinfan75
10-04-2008, 04:18 PM
I'll say the Pirates win this one by a touchdown.

Chillimaru
10-04-2008, 04:19 PM
In order for OG to keep a play off spot in reach the 3 2-0 teams need to lose next friday but in order to do that, that would mean for me to route for Mathis to win and i just cant do that, so Go Sinton

sinton66
10-04-2008, 06:06 PM
Originally posted by sinfan75
I'll say the Pirates win this one by a touchdown.

The Maroon Pirates?:D

SintonFan_inAustin
10-04-2008, 06:40 PM
Originally posted by sinton66
The Maroon Pirates?:D White Pirates?

sinfan75
10-04-2008, 07:30 PM
:D :D :D :D

piratebg
10-04-2008, 07:37 PM
The Battle of the Pirates. Sinton didn't play its best football against AP but they have been much improved on the season so far. My preciction.....:thinking:

Sinton 31
Mathis 15

Sinton's offense will bounce back with a vengence and our kicker will finally nail one. :D

SintonFan_inAustin
10-04-2008, 07:39 PM
Originally posted by piratebg
The Battle of the Pirates. Sinton didn't play its best football against AP but they have been much improved on the season so far. My preciction.....:thinking:

Sinton 31
Mathis 15

Sinton's offense will bounce back with a vengence and our kicker will finally nail one. :D our kicker has been perfect in pat's and it was the differance last game :)

piratebg
10-04-2008, 07:41 PM
Originally posted by SintonFan_inAustin
our kicker has been perfect in pat's and it was the differance last game :)

Yes he has, but all you have to do is move the ball about 5 yards back and it's like he is kicking with his eyes closed. :D I think he's bound to hit one though.

pirate4state
10-04-2008, 11:14 PM
our kicker has been perfect in pat's and it was the differance last game :) Are you sure? Pretty sure he missed one or two in the OG game.

piratebg
10-04-2008, 11:15 PM
Originally posted by pirate4state
Are you sure? Pretty sure he missed one or two in the OG game.

He missed two FGs. ;)

pirate4state
10-04-2008, 11:17 PM
He missed two FGs. ;) Yeah, I remember those. :thinking: Still thinking he missed an XP in one of our games. I might be making stuff up. :D

piratebg
10-04-2008, 11:19 PM
Yeah, I remember those. :thinking: Still thinking he missed an XP in one of our games. I might be making stuff up. :D

Thinking about it, you might be right, but his PAT percentage is definitely alot better than his FG percentage.

SintonFan_inAustin
10-04-2008, 11:37 PM
Thinking about it, you might be right, but his PAT percentage is definitely alot better than his FG percentage. Jeremy Laws is 15 for 15 in pat's, Pirates did good for two against Hebbronville before halftime and didnt make it so the score was Hebbronville 14 Sinton 13 at halftime. Sinton went for two the next time they scored and were up 21-14. Final was 28-21.

He's 0 for 2 in FG's , just pushed it to one side on both kicks.

pirate4state
10-04-2008, 11:43 PM
Jeremy Laws is 15 for 15 in pat's, Pirates did good for two against Hebbronville before halftime and didnt make it so the score was Hebbronville 14 Sinton 13 at halftime. Sinton went for two the next time they scored and were up 21-14. Final was 28-21.

He's 0 for 2 in FG's , just pushed it to one side on both kicks. Great....now we've jinxed him! :doh:

Footballhudini
10-05-2008, 04:39 AM
sinton's probably the most over-rated team in the state (as far as the 3adownlow rankings go).

Mathis 35
Sinton 6

sinfan75
10-05-2008, 06:39 AM
You're right hudini! They are over-rated. But I don't believe any body from Sinton over-rated. I predicted Sinton would lose 3 games this year with one being in the play-offs. So far they've exceeded my expectations. So I still predict the Pirates to win by 7.
:p

SintonFan_inAustin
10-05-2008, 11:08 AM
Originally posted by Footballhudini
sinton's probably the most over-rated team in the state (as far as the 3adownlow rankings go).

Mathis 35
Sinton 6 overrated, underrated, either way the Sinton Pirates are going to take one game at a time and come out with W's :taunt:

SintonFan88
10-05-2008, 02:37 PM
I don't think Sinton is overrated. They just have something to prove to the district since last didn't go so good. They have worked hard to get to where they are. They win the Battle of The Pirates this coming friday. They are on their way to an undefeated season. It's going to be tough but it can be done if they want it bad enough. Just take one game at a time. Practice hard each week and improve each week. Go Pirates Go!

piratebg
10-06-2008, 06:15 AM
Just saw on the channel 3 that this game is the Blitz Game Of The Week. Get those Blitz signs ready people!!! :D

pirate4state
10-06-2008, 09:14 AM
Just saw on the channel 3 that this game is the Blitz Game Of The Week. Get those Blitz signs ready people!!! :D :eek: Really?

charlesrixey
10-06-2008, 11:30 AM
it's good to see the sinton fans excited again

CueroGobblers
10-06-2008, 11:33 AM
I was at the Mathis and Ingleside game on Friday. Mathis offense on there first drive did what they were suppose to do. They were moving the ball really good against that defense. They did that for two drives after that Ingleside adjusted to that.Inglesides offense is good but Mathis problem was alot of miss tackles and missed assignments. Now if Mathis can face adversity and come to play and keep that ball away from Sinton, Mathis can win this game.Yall to think about this at halftime is was 37-16 and final score was 44-22 so Mathis did find a way to slow Mustangs down. If was a little too late but it could have been worse. You can throw these 28 points last 3 games away and Mathis shutting out 2 games out the window because when these two teams play its always a good one. Im going for Mathis 28-13

pirate4state
10-06-2008, 11:35 AM
Originally posted by charlesrixey
it's good to see the sinton fans excited again what do you mean again? i'm always excited! :D

Johnny Utah
10-06-2008, 11:46 AM
Raymond! Slap slap slap!!!

sinton66
10-06-2008, 11:53 AM
We need to stop all buttered popcorn at the gate!:D

pirate4state
10-06-2008, 11:55 AM
Originally posted by Johnny Utah
Raymond! Slap slap slap!!! Does he leave the city limits of Mathis?

charlesrixey
10-06-2008, 11:57 AM
what do you mean again? i'm always excited! :D

i meant for your HOME team:devil: :nerd:

pirate4state
10-06-2008, 11:59 AM
Originally posted by charlesrixey
i meant for your HOME team:devil: :nerd: i was excited for our VB team, BB teams (shocking!), softball, baseball, etc...

Luckly, in Sinton we have a well rounded athletic program! :)

charlesrixey
10-06-2008, 12:19 PM
i was excited for our VB team, BB teams (shocking!), softball, baseball, etc...

Luckly, in Sinton we have a well rounded athletic program! :)

lol

i think ya'll will be fine, and confidence is key for the playoffs-so who knows? ;)

SintonFan_inAustin
10-06-2008, 01:13 PM
Sinton hasnt scored less than 28 points this year. Defensively they have played better in the second half with the exception of last game where they played great in first half and hanged on to preserve the victory in the 2nd half. Hopefully Sinton gets back their players that have missed games in this one.

Sinton will give Mathis defense matchup problems.

Sinton 42 Mathis 14

Johnny Utah
10-06-2008, 01:47 PM
Give him a DP and a ride PIErat4state and YOU have a FRIEND for LIFE!! I see you!!! I am here!!! C'mon dad!! Monica!!! Dallas Cowboys vs. the Green Bay Packers!!!

pirate4state
10-06-2008, 02:05 PM
Give him a DP and a ride PIErat4state and YOU have a FRIEND for LIFE!! I see you!!! I am here!!! C'mon dad!! Monica!!! Dallas Cowboys vs. the Green Bay Packers!!! Why would I want to steal YOUR friend? :p

Blastoderm55
10-06-2008, 02:11 PM
Poor Ramon.

In the past few months, he's had his butt whipped some a couple who has so far managed to evade the police as they have done nothing. They stole his cash and his cell phone. My fiancee managed to help him get his cell phone back, but the police won't do much to help him any further.

Bullaholic
10-06-2008, 02:21 PM
Wish Sinton and Bridgeport could both remain undefeated in the coming weeks and meet for the first time in the D2 playoffs. Of course, that would probably be semis or final, but it would be something I would love to see happen in big,nice stadium in Centex somewhere.

I think Sinton wins this week by 10-14, based solely on the momentum they seem to have going with a 5-0 mark so far. I know nothing about the playing capabilities of Sinton or Mathis so my prediction is purely a guess for the fun of it.

Phil C
10-06-2008, 02:28 PM
I think Sinton will win a close one with the difference being the advantage of being the home team.

sinfan75
10-06-2008, 05:37 PM
Originally posted by Bullaholic
Wish Sinton and Bridgeport could both remain undefeated in the coming weeks and meet for the first time in the D2 playoffs. Of course, that would probably be semis or final, but it would be something I would love to see happen in big,nice stadium in Centex somewhere.

I think Sinton wins this week by 10-14, based solely on the momentum they seem to have going with a 5-0 mark so far. I know nothing about the playing capabilities of Sinton or Mathis so my prediction is purely a guess for the fun of it. If Bridgeport and Sinton met that would mean they made the state championship. Not impossible but highly unlikely. If Sinton makes it into the play-offs and even wins the 1st round that would be amazing considering they were 1-9 last year.

sinton66
10-06-2008, 07:09 PM
If it did happen, I'd be so happy I'd buy Slpybear, Bullaholic, and sinfan75 a big steak.;)

sinfan75
10-06-2008, 08:50 PM
If that happened I'd YOU a steak.

pirate4state
10-07-2008, 01:47 PM
We will need to play A LOT better than we did against Ap to beat them fake Pierats.

Hopefully, this was that one bad game some teams have and now it's out of their system and they can focus on the task at hand. Beating the snot out of Mathis! :D

Sinton 35
Mathis 14

for the 25th win of the series!

ol country boy
10-07-2008, 01:56 PM
Taking Sinton in this one.

Ranger354
10-07-2008, 03:50 PM
Sinton 35
Mathis 28

FrmSTx
10-07-2008, 07:04 PM
Give him a DP and a ride PIErat4state and YOU have a FRIEND for LIFE!! I see you!!! I am here!!! C'mon dad!! Monica!!! Dallas Cowboys vs. the Green Bay Packers!!!

You're no eddie george...Go Jaguars!

pirate4state
10-08-2008, 11:29 PM
Mathis has lost their starting RB to a knee injury. :( Chris was a senior and was playing well. I hate to hear when any player has their season end, but especially when it's their last year.

With the type of offense they run they should be able to "plug" in a RB, but he was a very good back.

Still it should be a good game with the "rivalry" and all that comes with it.

GO SINTON PIRATES!!!

piratebg
10-08-2008, 11:31 PM
Did he get hurt last week or during practice?

pirate4state
10-08-2008, 11:39 PM
Did he get hurt last week or during practice? He got hurt last week against Ingleside.

sotxrat
10-09-2008, 10:15 AM
I really hate to hear that about Chris. Sure, Mathis, will replace him but experience is hard to replace. Without Chris, Mathis will be mentally down, Sinton will take this game. Sinton was my pick before I heard this bad news, this just makes it a little easier win.,

Phil C
10-09-2008, 11:10 AM
Mathis has lost their starting RB to a knee injury. :( Chris was a senior and was playing well. I hate to hear when any player has their season end, but especially when it's their last year.

With the type of offense they run they should be able to "plug" in a RB, but he was a very good back.

Still it should be a good game with the "rivalry" and all that comes with it.

GO SINTON PIRATES!!!

I hate to hear that too. Anytime is bad but especially when you are in your last year as a senior. :(

RiverRat19
10-09-2008, 02:34 PM
Originally posted by FrmSTx
You're no eddie george...Go Jaguars!
:D

bulldog64
10-09-2008, 03:02 PM
Yeah, it`s no fun losing a good player. I agree, without Veliz, Sinton should score at will. I don`t think Mathis can sustain drives without him. They rarely throw the ball with Veliz in the game so without him, maybe they come out slinging it a little more and catch Sinton off guard.

Phil C
10-09-2008, 03:42 PM
Originally posted by bulldog64
Yeah, it`s no fun losing a good player. I agree, without Veliz, Sinton should score at will. I don`t think Mathis can sustain drives without him. They rarely throw the ball with Veliz in the game so without him, maybe they come out slinging it a little more and catch Sinton off guard.

Bull did you know that coaches say that the best defense against the pass is to hurry the passer?

pirate4state
10-09-2008, 03:44 PM
Yeah, it`s no fun losing a good player. I agree, without Veliz, Sinton should score at will. I don`t think Mathis can sustain drives without him. They rarely throw the ball with Veliz in the game so without him, maybe they come out slinging it a little more and catch Sinton off guard. The Rhabb kid is good. I expect to hear his name alot followed by "tackled for a loss" :D ;)

Phil C
10-09-2008, 03:45 PM
If Ramon is there at the game the odds increase for Mathis. He is a big Mathis fan and is very inspiring to the Mathis football players.

99IHSMustang
10-09-2008, 03:53 PM
The Rhabb kid is good. I expect to hear his name alot followed by "tackled for a loss" :D ;)

Mathis just might come out and make a statement by showing that they are not a one man team... :eek:

pirate4state
10-09-2008, 04:06 PM
Originally posted by 99IHSMustang
Mathis just might come out and make a statement by showing that they are not a one man team... :eek: Who said anything about them being a one man team and isn't that an oxymoron? :thinking:

They will be out for blood, no doubt. Looking forward to see how our boys respond after last weeks performance.

99IHSMustang
10-09-2008, 05:25 PM
Who said anything about them being a one man team and isn't that an oxymoron? :thinking:

They will be out for blood, no doubt. Looking forward to see how our boys respond after last weeks performance.

Here is the link to the definition of Oxymoron for your reference :D : http://education.yahoo.com/reference/dictionary/entry/oxymoron

It is not any one person saying, it but I am sure that there are some who think it. ;)

SintonFan_inAustin
10-09-2008, 05:34 PM
Looking forward to see how our boys respond after last weeks performance. Robstown coach said after looking at last week film of AP and Sinton, He said Sinton tried every way to give the game to AP and finally gave up trying.

sinton66
10-09-2008, 06:00 PM
That's kinda true, AP just wouldn't let us give them the game.:D

bulldog64
10-10-2008, 08:04 AM
Not to doubt your word, but did the Coach from Robstown call and tell Sinton that or what as they have`nt played yet right?

pirate4state
10-10-2008, 09:01 AM
Not to doubt your word, but did the Coach from Robstown call and tell Sinton that or what as they have`nt played yet right? Eh?

SintonFan_inAustin
10-10-2008, 10:23 AM
Not to doubt your word, but did the Coach from Robstown call and tell Sinton that or what as they have`nt played yet right? i orginally put the source but wasnt sure if that would be free advertising for that radio station :) , so i edit it. But it was channel 6 sports anchor Sean, on the local am sports radio show they usually talk about upcoming games on thursday around 4 pm for about 15-20 mins and they were talking about the games and he mention about AP vs Robstown and that the coach from Robstown had told him he like their chances from what he saw on film of AP as Sinton tried every possible way to give the game to AP.

bulldog64
10-10-2008, 01:34 PM
Ahh> Now it makes sense. I was thinking, Surely he`s not talking with the enemy, so to speak. LOL

Ingleside Fan
10-10-2008, 05:59 PM
Good luck to both teams!

Lets Go Pirates!:D