PDA

View Full Version : Region III GOTW: Caldwell (4-1) @ Navasota (4-0)

Global Swarming
10-04-2008, 11:25 AM
Okay I know it's a little early to start this thread. But, this is a huge game for both teams. So let's hear your predictions. I don't make predictions so let's hear from y'all.

King_LeYoeNidas
10-04-2008, 11:33 AM
I know I'm just your friendly neighborhood anti-Caldwell guy but I say Navasota arrives and dismantles. May be an exchange of scores but Navasota is playing at home with their so-called biggest test to date. Rattlers roll.

ProudHornetMom
10-04-2008, 11:48 AM
:spitlol: Oh my...early start. :eek: My heart just skipped a beat or two and I gasped audibly. I'm a definite homer mom...with respect for my rattler friends. I will vote for Caldwell of course.

Both teams have very different styles offenses that bring very different types of defensive issues. I'm not even sure what to say that doesn't sound like 1980 coaching glib statements like

1. I guarantee you that come Friday night at 7:30 - we'll be there.
2. All put their pants on one leg at a time.
3. You gotta pull your self up by the bootstraps, decide you're a man and play like a man.
4. It's gut check time boys.
5. Gotta play with heart or better yet...don't play with emotion, play with heart. I always love that one.

We know what we have to stop and the Rattlers know what they have to stop. Both teams are without injuries. This will be a play by play, down by down game...see it all goes back to those condescending, glib statements. There's no grade issues with Caldwell and as far as I know, none with Navasota.

Navasota is ranked higher. Navasota is bigger.
Caldwell isn't as big but has a disciplined scheme on the field and runs a tight Slot T (not LH's Slot T...Caldwell's Slot T). We've proved this year, we can pass when we want to. Caldwell's defense is cohesive and making great plays...and love to hit.

What a great week to prepare for a great 3a football game.

HEMOTOXIC
10-04-2008, 11:54 AM
The Caldwell Hornets roll into Rattler Stadium with a chip on their shoulders. After a week one loss at Bellville, Caldwell has dismantled all who who have taken the field against them. Some may argue that they haven't played a quality team since Bellville as the Hornets are scoring at will.

The Rattlers come into the matchup with a 4-0 record including win a triumphant win over Sealy 35-0. Caldwell should be the Rattlers' toughest oppenent to date. After losing to Caldwell last year at home, the Rattlers have revenge on their minds.

Will this be of game of who can score the most points or which team can step up and play defense?

Global Swarming
10-04-2008, 11:57 AM
I don't know what's going to happen Friday night. I know what I want to happen, but Navasota is loaded. I'm just hoping for a well played, close game. Hopefully the Hornets have a chance to pull it out. I hope that both teams make their town and fans proud by their performance. I'm hoping for a barn burner.

HEMOTOXIC
10-04-2008, 11:58 AM
It appears that Caldwell has their offense rolling, but can their defense contain the Rattlers?

This will be a great matchup. Right now, I think that the Rattlers are playing the better defense. And, based on what happened to Caldwell in the Bellville game, I know it was in week one, in which, IMO the Rattlers are even better than the Brahmas, I will go with the Rattlers. This could be an ala Navasota vs. Jasper finish from a year ago.

Go Snakes!

HEMOTOXIC
10-04-2008, 12:00 PM
Sorry, I didn't see this thread already going. Maybe one of the moderators can merge the two threads.

ProudHornetMom
10-04-2008, 12:00 PM
I'm too old to handle a barn burner! I always get football nerves on Fridays...I feel it coming earlier this week. :D

HEMOTOXIC
10-04-2008, 12:01 PM
Originally posted by ProudHornetMom
I'm too old to handle a barn burner! I always get football nerves on Fridays...I feel it coming earlier this week. :D

I believe that it will be definately that. Get ready!

zebrablue2
10-04-2008, 12:01 PM
Caldwell has come along way, but I think the experience of the Rattlers will win the game for them. Caldwell is a young team, but darn salty. Rattlers win it by 10...

Global Swarming
10-04-2008, 12:10 PM
Since the pole is up can a moderator erase my post or maybe merge them together? There's no need for both of them.

OldBison75
10-04-2008, 12:46 PM
As I said on another thread, this game will be a bar burner. I expect that Caldwell will be well prepared as always and be very athletic. If the Rattler defense can step up like they have the last three weeks, they should win. Caldwell will throw some Slot T at the rattlers that will test the defense all night, I believe the Rattler linebackers are the team defense strength this year and will control the Hornets. Caldwell will gain some yards and probably put up several points, but I don't think they can stop the Rattler O. I expect this to be interesting because the Rattlers coaching staff is of the opinion that Caldwell will be thier toughest test for awhile. Look for lots of excitement.

Rattlers 35
Caldwell 21

striker
10-04-2008, 12:51 PM
Looking forward to a heck of a game. Strike 'em Rattlers.

HEMOTOXIC
10-04-2008, 01:04 PM
Hey, I made a mistake, should say District 24.

navscanmaster
10-04-2008, 02:54 PM
Navasota's rushing defense stats are about to inflate a little or a lot, depending on how quickly they can make adjustments. I know that Caldwell can throw the ball well, but if they have their way with the Rattler's defense on the ground, the air game will not be needed. I can tell you this much about the Rattler's defense:

The linebacking corp is the strongest I have ever seen since I have been alive. Eugene Castillo is solid from sideline to sideline, and Deondre King and Kesnick Jones are absolutely decleating everybody they get near. There is great pursuit in the backfield, and the defensive ends are doing better at stringing the plays out long enough for a LB or DB to get in the backfield and make the tackle. This defensive unit is really making us proud this year, after being the weak point of last season.

Navasota 49
Caldwell 35

Go Rattlers! Bring on the Swarm!

nunya
10-04-2008, 02:54 PM
Originally posted by HEMOTOXIC
It appears that Caldwell has their offense rolling, but can their defense contain the Rattlers?

This will be a great matchup. Right now, I think that the Rattlers are playing the better defense. And, based on what happened to Caldwell in the Bellville game, I know it was in week one, in which, IMO the Rattlers are even better than the Brahmas, I will go with the Rattlers. This could be an ala Navasota vs. Jasper finish from a year ago.

Go Snakes!

or even better,
ala 2004 finish at Tigerland Stadium in bi-district.
:devil:

nunya
10-04-2008, 02:57 PM
Again, thank you, Bellville, for helping us with the smokescreen.

I've stated that we dropped two easy TD passes and missed a field goal and bobbled a punt making the score misleading, but thankfully nobody cares to listen.

Hopefully, the Rattlers didn't listen, either. It's always nice to play overconfident teams.

Also, if this was poker, I'd surrender three important losses for the ecstasy of learning of a single Cameron loss, especially to us.

:D

navscanmaster
10-04-2008, 03:07 PM
Originally posted by nunya
or even better,

Naw, we throw the ball now.;)

nunya
10-04-2008, 03:08 PM
Originally posted by navscanmaster
Naw, we throw the ball now.;)

as do the men in Orange

navscanmaster
10-04-2008, 03:12 PM
Again, thank you, Bellville, for helping us with the smokescreen.

I've stated that we dropped two easy TD passes and missed a field goal and bobbled a punt making the score misleading, but thankfully nobody cares to listen.

Hopefully, the Rattlers didn't listen, either. It's always nice to play overconfident teams.

Also, if this was poker, I'd surrender three important losses for the ecstasy of learning of a single Cameron loss, especially to us.

:D

It is all part of the game. Our kids dropped open passes last night, fumbled 4 times, had numerous penalties, and gave up a 4th down fake punt. They still won 35-0. When you lose, you lose to the better team, whether they are always the better team is irrelevant. If we lose to Caldwell Friday, and then cruise to a D1 title, Caldwell will still always be better than us when it counted.

navscanmaster
10-04-2008, 03:13 PM
as do the men in Orange
We probably throw it a little more, though. I would bet a winning powerball ticket on that.

nunya
10-04-2008, 03:14 PM
We probably throw it a little more, though. I would bet a winning powerball ticket on that.

We only throw when we need to, which honestly is pretty seldom.

Sims has really come a long way.

Caldwell 34,
Navasota 31

HEMOTOXIC
10-04-2008, 03:33 PM
Too much Rattler offense in this one.

Caldwell 21
Navasota 35

HEMOTOXIC
10-04-2008, 03:35 PM
or even better,

Wow. That game was a heart breaker for the Rattlers and their fans.

SintonFan_inAustin
10-04-2008, 04:00 PM
Navasota 48
Caldwell 37

Bull's-eye
10-04-2008, 04:22 PM
IMO, this will be the tell all test for the Navasota defense. We all know what their offense is capable of doing, but do they have the defense that can win championships. Last season, the Liberty Hill slot-t offense was just too much for the Rattler defense. I'm picking Caldwell in an upset, because IMO this is the way you defeat a great offense like Navasota. Caldwell will do their best to control the clock and keep the Rattler offense off the field. If somehow Caldwell jumps up 1 or 2 TD's, listen for the "tick tock". They will milk that clock like a dairy farmer. If the Navasota defense stops the slot-t, Rattlers will be my favorite to be in the state championship game.

Global Swarming
10-04-2008, 04:33 PM
This game ought to be the region3 game of the week. I can't see another one being as big as this one. This game should go a long way into seing where each team stands in the play-off race.

HEMOTOXIC
10-04-2008, 05:14 PM
Originally posted by Bull's-eye
IMO, this will be the tell all test for the Navasota defense. We all know what their offense is capable of doing, but do they have the defense that can win championships. Last season, the Liberty Hill slot-t offense was just too much for the Rattler defense. I'm picking Caldwell in an upset, because IMO this is the way you defeat a great offense like Navasota. Caldwell will do their best to control the clock and keep the Rattler offense off the field. If somehow Caldwell jumps up 1 or 2 TD's, listen for the "tick tock". They will milk that clock like a dairy farmer. If the Navasota defense stops the slot-t, Rattlers will be my favorite to be in the state championship game.

Who didn't have problems stopping Liberty Hill and their slot T, lol?

nunya
10-04-2008, 05:47 PM
Too much Rattler offense in this one.

Caldwell 21
Navasota 35

Nav might score 35,
but Caldwell will score a LOT more than 21

navscanmaster
10-04-2008, 06:54 PM
Nav might score 35,
Will score or should score? :p

Navasota has improved week to week on defense. The progression looks like this:

Henderson
Rush: 14 for 39 - Pass: 346 - Total: 385
Palestine
Rush: 38 for 95 - Pass: 102 - Total: 197
Rudder
Rush: 36 for 10 - Pass: 045 - Total: 055
Sealy
Rush: 33 for 47 - Pass: 001 - Total: 048

Reminds me alot of Giddings' rush defense last year going into that marquee matchup. The linebackers are just sick against the running game. Of course we know that Caldwell will do much better than that, but I believe they will actually have to earn their yards this Friday. If Caldwell scores more than 35, I will be surprised. Here's hoping for a heck of a game!

nunya
10-04-2008, 07:32 PM
Will score or should score? :p

Navasota has improved week to week on defense. The progression looks like this:

Henderson
Rush: 14 for 39 - Pass: 346 - Total: 385
Palestine
Rush: 38 for 95 - Pass: 102 - Total: 197
Rudder
Rush: 36 for 10 - Pass: 045 - Total: 055
Sealy
Rush: 33 for 47 - Pass: 001 - Total: 048

Reminds me alot of Giddings' rush defense last year going into that marquee matchup. The linebackers are just sick against the running game. Of course we know that Caldwell will do much better than that, but I believe they will actually have to earn their yards this Friday. If Caldwell scores more than 35, I will be surprised. Here's hoping for a heck of a game!

What was Navasota's score by quarters vs. Rudder and how many yards offense did you rack up again them?

navscanmaster
10-04-2008, 07:50 PM
What was Navasota's score by quarters vs. Rudder and how many yards offense did you rack up again them?

TEAM - 1Q - 2Q - 3Q - 4Q - FINAL
NAV --- 21 - 20 - 14 -- 3 --- 58
BRD --- 03 - 00 - 00 --00 --- 03

24 Rushes, 324 yards
7 Passes, 84 yards

85% of Rudder's yardage came on one drive.

nunya
10-04-2008, 07:52 PM
Caldwell rushed for 664 yards overall, and more than 200 of those yards came from second-teamers in the entire second half.

IHStangFan
10-04-2008, 07:55 PM
I predict a Navasota win in a high scoring, barn burning shootout.

Rattlers 56
Hornets 48

yoe64
10-04-2008, 08:33 PM
Caldwell @ Navasota will be on the web....game of the week on KMIL, 105.1 FM streaming at www.kmil.com

HEMOTOXIC
10-04-2008, 08:46 PM
Nav might score 35,

You're right, Navasota 35, Caldwell 22.

navscanmaster
10-04-2008, 09:00 PM
You're right, Navasota 35, Caldwell 22.
:clap: :clap: :D

popcorn screen
10-04-2008, 09:05 PM
Navasota in a decisive victory 35 - 14.

Bull's-eye
10-04-2008, 10:55 PM
Caldwell 42
Navasota 35

nunya
10-05-2008, 01:03 AM
Amazing how few must realize that Caldwell has upended Navasota five out of six meetings in the past 24 years.

And the two times the Hornets have defeated the Rattlers, Navasota was in the Class 3A Top 5.

Don't get me wrong. I have the utmost respect for their program and it's become, for the most part, a friendly Brazos Valley rivalry.

But the dumb part is how the posters who predict (or should I say "pray") that Caldwell loses by 2 TD's or more are from elsewhere who base their opinion on Pratt... just as they did on Madisonville's Whaley.

Pratt is outstanding, no doubt about it, but rest assured that when you have four or five Hornet defenders swarming their 4.5 or 4.6 speed to one or two players, there's often Hell to pay.

Losing to the Rattlers would be nothing to be ashamed of, but "I'm just sayin" don't count on a landslide victory unless there's injuries or academic casualties that I don't know about. I'd seriously doubt that given that three of our four school campuses earned recognized ratings this past year.

Kudos to our team for excellence on the field AND in the classroom.

navscanmaster
10-05-2008, 09:45 AM
Amazing how few must realize that Caldwell has upended Navasota five out of six meetings in the past 24 years.

And the two times the Hornets have defeated the Rattlers, Navasota was in the Class 3A Top 5.

Don't get me wrong. I have the utmost respect for their program and it's become, for the most part, a friendly Brazos Valley rivalry.

But the dumb part is how the posters who predict (or should I say "pray") that Caldwell loses by 2 TD's or more are from elsewhere who base their opinion on Pratt... just as they did on Madisonville's Whaley.

Pratt is outstanding, no doubt about it, but rest assured that when you have four or five Hornet defenders swarming their 4.5 or 4.6 speed to one or two players, there's often Hell to pay.

Losing to the Rattlers would be nothing to be ashamed of, but "I'm just sayin" don't count on a landslide victory unless there's injuries or academic casualties that I don't know about. I'd seriously doubt that given that three of our four school campuses earned recognized ratings this past year.

It is a friendly rivalry. You are right. I enjoy the matchups against the Hornets. Certain teams have a pretty good record against the Rattlers, and as you know, that has nothing to do with this year, this week, and that night. Anything can happen. Caldwell could fumble six times and lose horribly. Navasota could fumble six times and lose horribly. We are in the same boat as you in that people can argue that neither team has faced good competition yet. What people do know is that both offenses are firing on all cylinders and both defenses are playing well, Navasota's out of their minds. A loss by either team will not do anything harmful, unless you live by your rankings.

nunya
10-05-2008, 09:49 AM
It is a friendly rivalry. You are right. I enjoy the matchups against the Hornets. Certain teams have a pretty good record against the Rattlers, and as you know, that has nothing to do with this year, this week, and that night. Anything can happen. Caldwell could fumble six times and lose horribly. Navasota could fumble six times and lose horribly. We are in the same boat as you in that people can argue that neither team has faced good competition yet. What people do know is that both offenses are firing on all cylinders and both defenses are playing well, Navasota's out of their minds. A loss by either team will not do anything harmful, unless you live by your rankings.

Well, Caldwell certainly couldn't live by their rankings on here. It's just as well, though. It's the teams flying under the radar that catch opponents playing at 80 percent.

I hope for the best for both teams, especially since we'll be in different brackets if we both advance.

navscanmaster
10-05-2008, 09:58 AM
Caldwell is pretty high in my new personal rankings. But once again, the only good competition Caldwell had was against Bellville, and that turned out badly for the Hornets. That is where a lot of the uncertainty about how good Caldwell is comes from.

nunya
10-05-2008, 10:16 AM
Caldwell is pretty high in my new personal rankings. But once again, the only good competition Caldwell had was against Bellville, and that turned out badly for the Hornets. That is where a lot of the uncertainty about how good Caldwell is comes from.

Connally is an above average team, and lost to Caldwell 53-12. Also, as I've said a thousand times - and Bellville has even agreed with- Caldwell wasn't ready at all for its game with them. But keep clinging to it if it provides hope.

R3Editor
10-05-2008, 10:40 AM
Connally is an above average team, and lost to Caldwell 53-12. Also, as I've said a thousand times - and Bellville has even agreed with- Caldwell wasn't ready at all for its game with them. But keep clinging to it if it provides hope.

Game of the week for Region III.

buff4life
10-05-2008, 10:43 AM
seems like I heard all of this hype last year about a team before they played a very good team in district :thinking:

nunya
10-05-2008, 10:45 AM
Originally posted by buff4life
seems like I heard all of this hype last year about a team before they played a very good team in district :thinking:

Seems like you're trying to stir up trouble .... again.

Speaking of which, what ever happened to that "very good team" from last year? Oh, that's right. He's in college now.

nunya
10-05-2008, 10:49 AM
seems like I heard all of this hype last year about a team before they played a very good team in district :thinking: :hijacktd:

LHS 2SONS
10-05-2008, 11:42 AM
I voted for the Rattlers, the only reason is the experience that the Rattlers have. Caldwell is a very good team, but I feel the experience will be the factor of this game. Good Luck Caldwell and Navasota, have a great and injury free game.

ProudHornetMom
10-05-2008, 12:16 PM

Buffers...be nice. Notice I'm supportive of the Hornets without hype or stirring up trouble. ;)

44INAROW
10-05-2008, 01:06 PM
Go Hornets :)

HEMOTOXIC
10-05-2008, 01:52 PM
Last year's game was high scoring. The only diffenrence this year is that Navasota's defense is playing a lot better. I haven't seen Caldwell yet, I just know that they are putting up alot of yards and points. Man o Man what a matchup this will be.

OldBison75
10-05-2008, 05:57 PM
In my opinion these are the two top teams in the region right now. I have been to every Nabvasota vs Caldwell game in the last 24 years and will say that Caldwell always plays at the top of thier game against the Rattlers. They will try to control the game flow with the SLOT T and hope that they can stop Pratt and the Rattler passing game. I think they might be surprised.

Pratt has not been a major factor in the offense this year except against Rudder. In every game there have been two defenders shadowing him every play. Stokes has made people pay for that type approach. There are three receivers on the Rattlers that have the speed and skill to take any pass to the end zone.

On defense the rattlers have made some personnel adjustments since the first week that have really solidified this unit. The run defense is the strongest since the mid nineties and get stronger every week. Last year the defenders were sometimes making contact for short gains but not wrapping up. This year the defense is tackling more surely and first contact become a swarm of Rattlers. Like I said before Rattlers by 2 TD's.

navratbacker
10-05-2008, 08:11 PM
i say that the rattlers will come up on top. this will b a good test 4 them thats what im hopin 4 . i just dont agree with caldwell putin all them points on the board against a team that they knew they could beat (rudder). they better not think they gonna do that to us rattlers ,we have all kinds of trick that sealy didnt think we had even surprised me with some of the play callin the coach did

buff4ever
10-05-2008, 08:28 PM
navasota in this one, w/o much of a fight beyond the first half.

ProudHornetMom
10-05-2008, 08:30 PM
Originally posted by buff4ever
navasota in this one, w/o much of a fight beyond the first half.

The game will be played hard all 48 minutes. I don't see either team giving up the fight at all.

BURNT ORANGE HORNET 86
10-05-2008, 08:48 PM
Originally posted by navratbacker
i say that the rattlers will come up on top. this will b a good test 4 them thats what im hopin 4 . i just dont agree with caldwell putin all them points on the board against a team that they knew they could beat (rudder). they better not think they gonna do that to us rattlers ,we have all kinds of trick that sealy didnt think we had even surprised me with some of the play callin the coach did

Navasota won 58-3 wins by 55, Caldwell won 72-18 wins by 54 looks about the same too me.

buff4life
10-05-2008, 09:47 PM
Seems like you're trying to stir up trouble .... again.

Speaking of which, what ever happened to that "very good team" from last year? Oh, that's right. He's in college now.

actually there are two guys playing D1 football from that team and they still beat this hyped team i was referring too

funny how you accuse me of trying to start trouble...pot calling kettle black...

but this scenario and conversation is eerily similar to last year, i'm not predicting the same result for the team, but just making an observation...nice to hear from you too...

buff4ever
10-05-2008, 09:48 PM
Buffers...be nice. Notice I'm supportive of the Hornets without hype or stirring up trouble. ;)

You have been very impressive this year. I will admit that.

You could rub off on nunya if you want. He reflects poorly on caldwell.

buff4life
10-05-2008, 09:49 PM
and what i said was about a team in this thread and not hijacked...might want to figure out what that means before use

and b4e wasn't saying caldwell won't play hard, he just said it won't be close...i feel navasota by 14

navscanmaster
10-05-2008, 10:22 PM
Originally posted by navratbacker

72 looks like a lot, but that is just Caldwell's offense. With 53 on the board at halftime, they would have to run nothing but QB sneaks to keep from running up the score on Rudder. Navasota didn't pass in the second half, so it is kind of the same deal if you think about it. Anyway around it, you are right. Caldwell will not have 72 on the board against Navasota.

HEMOTOXIC
10-05-2008, 10:36 PM
72 looks like a lot, but that is just Caldwell's offense. With 53 on the board at halftime, they would have to run nothing but QB sneaks to keep from running up the score on Rudder. Navasota didn't pass in the second half, so it is kind of the same deal if you think about it. Anyway around it, you are right. Caldwell will not have 72 on the board against Navasota.

Yeah, I was shocked to see that many points put up on a bunch of freshmen and sophomores. But to each its own. Luckily Rudder will be going to 4A, Im sure they will remember those 72 points.

ProudHornetMom
10-05-2008, 10:47 PM

Thanks Navscanmaster.

Coach Williams did everything possible to not run up the score. We addressed it in another thread. What exactly is the cut off for running up the score. Is it 30, 40 or 50? Didn't the Rattlers beat Rudder by 50? There's not a 10 run rule in football and the goal is to score points. As Navasota did, Caldwell backed off as far as they could and still have a game.

navscanmaster
10-05-2008, 10:57 PM
Thanks Navscanmaster.

Coach Williams did everything possible to not run up the score. We addressed it in another thread. What exactly is the cut off for running up the score. Is it 30, 40 or 50? Didn't the Rattlers beat Rudder by 50? There's not a 10 run rule in football and the goal is to score points. As Navasota did, Caldwell backed off as far as they could and still have a game.

As cold as it may sound to some, it is unfair to a team to build a big lead quickly and sit starters so fast. We had almost three weeks off before Rudder, with Sealy and Caldwell coming up. The starters played until halfway through the third. They probably ran less than 20 plays up to that point, so they really needed the conditioning.

nunya
10-06-2008, 07:17 AM
Originally posted by buff4ever
You have been very impressive this year. I will admit that.

You could rub off on nunya if you want. He reflects poorly on caldwell.

... redneck values don't reflect well on Giddings either. You make a comment to stir up another hornet's nest and you call me the pot and YOU the kettle? Get a clue for a change.

nunya
10-06-2008, 07:19 AM
Yeah, I was shocked to see that many points put up on a bunch of freshmen and sophomores. But to each its own. Luckily Rudder will be going to 4A, Im sure they will remember those 72 points.

Interestingly, Navasota took out their reserves closer to the fourth quarter while Caldwell's barely saw soil beyond halftime.

Global Swarming
10-06-2008, 07:21 AM
There seems to be a double standard here. Y'all kept the starters in midway through the 3rd quarter because y'all needed the conditioning. We took ours out at halftime. All of a sudden it's poor Rudder. I don't think y'all were too worried about sparing Rudder's feelings. Besides you can't ask the 2nd and 3rd teamers to just go out there and take a knee. They practice hard during and deserve to show what they can do when given the chance. We only threw one pass and it was in the first half. How many yards did y'all rack up on them through the air in the 2nd half. People who live in glass houses shouldn't throw rocks.

nunya
10-06-2008, 07:24 AM
Originally posted by Global Swarming
There seems to be a double standard here. Y'all kept the starters in midway through the 3rd quarter because y'all needed the conditioning. We took ours out at halftime. All of a sudden it's poor Rudder. I don't think y'all were too worried about sparing Rudder's feelings. Besides you can't ask the 2nd and 3rd teamers to just go out there and take a knee. They practice hard during and deserve to show what they can do when given the chance. We only threw one pass and it was in the first half. How many yards did y'all rack up on them through the air in the 2nd half. People who live in glass houses shouldn't throw rocks.

Don't you get it? We're supposed to have beaten Rudder 20-18 to make Navasota boast a bigger ego this week. No offense to some Navasota posters on here who give due credit, but this topic is juvenile.

nunya
10-06-2008, 07:25 AM
People who live in glass houses shouldn't throw rocks.

... or spit venom. :-)

offduty
10-06-2008, 07:49 AM

you never know which connally team is going to show up....they're a jeckel/hyde team

bigYoe
10-06-2008, 08:31 AM
This matchup should easily be Region 3 game of the week. I know that there will be alot of Cameron fans there Friday. Good luck to both teams.

HEMOTOXIC
10-06-2008, 09:56 AM
Don't you get it? We're supposed to have beaten Rudder 20-18 to make Navasota boast a bigger ego this week. No offense to some Navasota posters on here who give due credit, but this topic is juvenile.

Navasota's ego is alreay big enough. How can you get a bigger ego by seeing who beats a bunch of freshmen and sophomores by the most points? And, you are not going to tell me that Caldwell's second and third team's are that good. If so, you shouldn't have had a problem beating Bellville or Navasota. But hey, we will all see come Friday. :D

nunya
10-06-2008, 10:20 AM
Navasota's ego is alreay big enough. How can you get a bigger ego by seeing who beats a bunch of freshmen and sophomores by the most points? And, you are not going to tell me that Caldwell's second and third team's are that good. If so, you shouldn't have had a problem beating Bellville or Navasota. But hey, we will all see come Friday. :D

As I said, the Bellville loss was the best that ever happened to the Hornets.... and in that game, i don't think the coaches even knew who to start so talk of first and second teamers was a moot issue.

HEMOTOXIC
10-06-2008, 10:38 AM
As I said, the Bellville loss was the best that ever happened to the Hornets.... and in that game, i don't think the coaches even knew who to start so talk of first and second teamers was a moot issue.

Im sure if that game against Bellville was played again the game would be much closer than 44-14. But, that's old news. Four more days to the big game.

d_scott81
10-06-2008, 12:31 PM
Caldwell will give tha #3 Rattlers a heck of a fight but we all know tha rattlers will come out on top.

charlesrixey
10-06-2008, 12:33 PM
Caldwell 27, Navasota 25

IHStangFan
10-06-2008, 12:46 PM
56-48 Rattlers.

nunya
10-06-2008, 01:12 PM
Originally posted by IHStangFan
56-48 Rattlers.

More CALDWELL!

nunya
10-06-2008, 01:18 PM

Yea, actually, they really ARE that good. What can I say? I can't lie.

buff4life
10-06-2008, 01:50 PM
... redneck values don't reflect well on Giddings either. You make a comment to stir up another hornet's nest and you call me the pot and YOU the kettle? Get a clue for a change.

neither one of us have any kind of redneck value...atleast we have some intelligent insight to add every once in a while...

and you need to get a clue and figure out which one your talking to and who said what...get a clue for a change:D

RattlerDude
10-06-2008, 03:25 PM
Caldwell rushed for 664 yards overall, and more than 200 of those yards came from second-teamers in the entire second half.

Dude that doesn't mean anything. Stopping the slot-t is impossible for a team with no experience. and you're second teamers were probably still better than Rudder's first team. We weren't intending to crush any hope at life they had. We obviously slowed up big time in the second half.

BV Sports Fan
10-06-2008, 03:26 PM
Navasota hasn't shown any clue how to slow down the Slot-T in two meetings with Caldwell ('06 and '07) or Liberty Hill (post season '07). Coach Hoppers, the Rattler DC, is a veteran coach with a state champ ring. He hasn't figured out how to stop it yet. The strength of this years Rattler team is not its defense. Caldwell has seemed (much like LH always seemed to do) to get better at the offense without the explosive players from its '07 team (Sims, Canto, Ofczarzak). Why does anyone expect Navasota to suddenly figure it out this year? Unless the Rattlers score every time they touch the ball (which they have the potential to do), Caldwell will score its share of points and eat a HUGE amount of clock. I think Caldwell can play better wihin its scheme, than Navasota can it it's scheme. Caldwell already had its game where the wheels fell off (Bellville). Navasota hasn't faced any adversity since its first game scare. They are due "one of those games" that every team has in a season.

45-28, Caldwell over Navasota.

RattlerDude
10-06-2008, 03:39 PM
Caldwell won't be our toughest test at all. That was against Henderson. Caldwell should be beaten easily enough. I say Navasota by 3 TDs. If we go into a scoring battle, and I highly doubt we will, Navasota has the edge with the passing game. Unlike Caldwell we aren't one dimensional. We have plenty of weapons, especially Jackson. Caldwell doesn't have the personnel to match up with this guy. they just won't be able to handle it.

nunya
10-06-2008, 03:54 PM
Originally posted by RattlerDude
Caldwell won't be our toughest test at all. That was against Henderson. Caldwell should be beaten easily enough. I say Navasota by 3 TDs. If we go into a scoring battle, and I highly doubt we will, Navasota has the edge with the passing game. Unlike Caldwell we aren't one dimensional. We have plenty of weapons, especially Jackson. Caldwell doesn't have the personnel to match up with this guy. they just won't be able to handle it.

OMG, that's hysterical! I'd love to see your reactions during a flea flicker or triple reverse on Friday. This should make GREAT bulletin board material for coach Williams! LOL

BV Sports Fan
10-06-2008, 04:06 PM

I would say that Caldwell isn't one dimensional either. With the possibility of one of four backs carrying it any given play, it is a spread offense. Just between the tackles. You get everybody on the field packed into a 20 yard by 20 yard space, it is easy to pop runs for big yardage. Plus the Hornets seemed to have figured out a way to play action off most of their stuff. Finding the ball, will be the order of the day for the Rattlers.

RattlerDude
10-06-2008, 05:19 PM
OMG, that's hysterical! I'd love to see your reactions during a flea flicker or triple reverse on Friday. This should make GREAT bulletin board material for coach Williams! LOL
So ya'll have two passing plays in the playbook or what? Dude we run an actual spread offense. We are multi-dimensional and we have the players to run it. And you know thats ok that ya'll are one dimensional. Stick to what works. Don't stray from the gameplan or you'll get screwed up. lol

nunya
10-06-2008, 05:36 PM
So ya'll have two passing plays in the playbook or what? Dude we run an actual spread offense. We are multi-dimensional and we have the players to run it. And you know thats ok that ya'll are one dimensional. Stick to what works. Don't stray from the gameplan or you'll get screwed up. lol

It would be somewhat fair to say that last year, we were one-dimensional with Canto two-thirds of a game. But to your analysis this year? All I can say is....

:lies:

HEMOTOXIC
10-06-2008, 06:01 PM
Originally posted by BV Sports Fan
Navasota hasn't shown any clue how to slow down the Slot-T in two meetings with Caldwell ('06 and '07) or Liberty Hill (post season '07). Coach Hoppers, the Rattler DC, is a veteran coach with a state champ ring. He hasn't figured out how to stop it yet. The strength of this years Rattler team is not its defense. Caldwell has seemed (much like LH always seemed to do) to get better at the offense without the explosive players from its '07 team (Sims, Canto, Ofczarzak). Why does anyone expect Navasota to suddenly figure it out this year? Unless the Rattlers score every time they touch the ball (which they have the potential to do), Caldwell will score its share of points and eat a HUGE amount of clock. I think Caldwell can play better wihin its scheme, than Navasota can it it's scheme. Caldwell already had its game where the wheels fell off (Bellville). Navasota hasn't faced any adversity since its first game scare. They are due "one of those games" that every team has in a season.

45-28, Caldwell over Navasota.

OMG, the game was closer last season, and this years Rattler team is way better, especially on defense. And to think that you predicted a 17 point win by the Hornets. :thinking: With the exception of a few pass plays a game, that obviously catches the opposing teams off gaurd, I would say that is one demensional. In addition, if you were at the Liberty Hill game, you would have observed that Navasota played the slot t way better in the second half. Time brings about a change. This will be the Rattlers' fourth time playing against the slot T dating back to last season (Cleveland, Caldwell, Liberty Hill -2007; Caldwell-2008.) I'm not going to say that Navasota will stop Caldwell, but they will do enough to win. No one has held Navasota under 35 points, I doubt that Caldwell will either. The state is about to see just how good the Rattlers can be. Watch when the flex. It is going to be B-E-A-U-TIFUL!:clap:

Go Snakes!

nunya
10-06-2008, 06:06 PM
OMG, the game was closer last season, and this years Rattler team is way better, especially on defense. And to think that you predicted a 17 point win by the Hornets. :thinking: With the exception of a few pass plays a game, that obviously catches the opposing teams off gaurd, I would say that is one demensional. In addition, if you were at the Liberty Hill game, you would have observed that Navasota played the slot t way better in the second half. Time brings about a change. This will be the Rattlers' fourth time playing against the slot T dating back to last season (Cleveland, Caldwell, Liberty Hill -2007; Caldwell-2008.) I'm not going to say that Navasota will stop Caldwell, but they will do enough to win. No one has held Navasota under 35 points, I doubt that Caldwell will either.

Yea, we've already conceded the game. I doubt we'll score six points.

HEMOTOXIC
10-06-2008, 06:08 PM

Why is that?

RattlerDude
10-06-2008, 06:36 PM
OMG, the game was closer last season, and this years Rattler team is way better, especially on defense. And to think that you predicted a 17 point win by the Hornets. :thinking: With the exception of a few pass plays a game, that obviously catches the opposing teams off gaurd, I would say that is one demensional. In addition, if you were at the Liberty Hill game, you would have observed that Navasota played the slot t way better in the second half. Time brings about a change. This will be the Rattlers' fourth time playing against the slot T dating back to last season (Cleveland, Caldwell, Liberty Hill -2007; Caldwell-2008.) I'm not going to say that Navasota will stop Caldwell, but they will do enough to win. No one has held Navasota under 35 points, I doubt that Caldwell will either. The state is about to see just how good the Rattlers can be. Watch when the flex. It is going to be B-E-A-U-TIFUL!:clap:

Go Snakes! I agree with this dude right here. These boys are ready to go more than ever. You'll see nanya

caldgrad_07
10-06-2008, 07:19 PM
In my personal opinion Caldwell is very very young still, and it has showed in the past games, especially on the defensive side of the ball. Even though it has not showed in the scores due to the lack talent on the teams we have played so far. Offensively that’s where Caldwell is most athletic and experienced but to win this game, Caldwell’s going to have to play a “perfect” game! That means no penalties!!! Penalties have been killing Caldwell all year but with the lack of talent they have faced they have been able to overcome this. Caldwell cannot afford to turn the ball over and will have to score every time we get the ball. Our D is super young this year, I am hoping for Navasota to make some sloppy mistakes, ala turnovers.

My Homer Pick is:
Caldwell-42 (Caldwell will probably go for two every time they score so I should say Caldwell 40 guessing they score 5 times)

Snakes-35

navscanmaster
10-06-2008, 07:53 PM

Nunya, you are ridiculous. You act like anybody that plays Caldwell should acknowledge that they will be defeated. You had better believe that there are a lot of people in the state and on the board that don't buy into that. Your team is now matched up against a team that went 3 deep last year before running into a state champ that obliterated everybody in its path. That same team returns ALL of its skill positions within 15 overall starters that are returning. They have not allowed a touchdown since the second quarter of the Palestine game, and have to date given up 191 yards rushing in FOUR games. Both teams have something to prove, but Caldwell even more so. You will come to Navasota, line up on the turf at Rattler stadium, and face a highly competitive and determined bunch of kids who are currently ranked in the top four in almost any poll. They have seen the Slot-T before and will be preparing for it double time all week long. This will be a good game, so don't get so butthurt every time somebody predicts that the undefeated ranked home team will win. It is only natural.

HEMOTOXIC
10-06-2008, 08:26 PM
Nunya, you are ridiculous. You act like anybody that plays Caldwell should acknowledge that they will be defeated. You had better believe that there are a lot of people in the state and on the board that don't buy into that. Your team is now matched up against a team that went 3 deep last year before running into a state champ that obliterated everybody in its path. That same team returns ALL of its skill positions within 15 overall starters that are returning. They have not allowed a touchdown since the second quarter of the Palestine game, and have to date given up 191 yards rushing in FOUR games. Both teams have something to prove, but Caldwell even more so. You will come to Navasota, line up on the turf at Rattler stadium, and face a highly competitive and determined bunch of kids who are currently ranked in the top four in almost any poll. They have seen the Slot-T before and will be preparing for it double time all week long. This will be a good game, so don't get so butthurt every time somebody predicts that the undefeated ranked home team will win. It is only natural.

Be nice now, lol:clap: Guys, Caldwell is good, but, they have put of such points against well below to average, at best, teams. (0-4) Shepherd, (0-4) Rudder, (1-4) Madisonville, (2-3) Connally. The only quality team that they have faced was Bellville, and the Brahmas tore them a new *(&(*. So, lets be realistic when predicting this game.

cameron91
10-06-2008, 08:37 PM
lets go rattlerville...

caldgrad_07
10-06-2008, 08:44 PM
Be nice now, lol:clap: Guys, Caldwell is good, but, they have put of such points against well below to average, at best, teams. (0-4) Shepherd, (0-4) Rudder, (1-4) Madisonville, (2-3) Connally. The only quality team that they have faced was Bellville, and the Brahmas tore them a new *(&(*. So, lets be realistic when predicting this game.

Sadly I agree, Caldwell hasn't played anyone besides Bellville, although I do agree Caldwell has vastly improved since the Bellville game. And I believe if played again Caldwell would come out on top. I think Caldwell is an above average team this year at best. They'll have a fight on their hands Friday night, but with my homer orange glasses on, I'm predicting my boys in orange to come out really hungry and ready to prove to everyone their the real deal! And hopefully in the end they'll upset the highly touted Navasota Rattlers in their stadium!

OldBison75
10-06-2008, 09:00 PM
There is more poop flowing on this thread than in a third world jungle village. First of all , everyone has an opinion and is entitled to it. Second, we ain't all gonna agree because we support our own teams. Third, there will be two very good teams on the field at Rattler Stadium this Friday that will decide the winner without any real help from any of us. Good banter is fun, but last year and two years ago don;t mean poop this week.

Navasota has controlled the run this year better than for the last 6 years. Thier passing defense has had brilliant moment and some disappointments (Henderson). Navasota's offense has not been stopped or really slowed down all year. And Pratt has not been a real part of the ground game except against Rudder. Not that he has not had some carries and produced, but that the carries have been very limited since we have faced eight in the box most of the time. Every time Stokes sees the LB or Safety from the opposition spying on Pratt, he as found the open hole or open receiver and made the opposition pay.

I have not seen Caldwell this year and can only presict based on what I have read and heard. I know they are well coached, I know they have a potent running game. I know they will play hard every play, and I know that they believe they can compete and beat anyone. Those are the traits of a top notch program.

The rattler will show the same traits. Plus the overall package favors the Rattler in my opinion. I still believe the Rattlers will win by 14.

Good luck and keep the game free of injuries.

caldgrad_07
10-06-2008, 09:19 PM

I also just looked up Navasota’s schedule and results. And who have yall played Besides an overated 3-2 Sealy team?!? Let me see you’ve played 4A Henderson(0-4) Palestine(1-4) and Rudder(0-4) I mean that’s not a barn burner schedule either!

nunya
10-06-2008, 09:26 PM

Wrong, Shepherd just beat the Hell outta Coldspring last week, and before losing to us by 60, they lost to a competitive 4A program by 14.

nunya
10-06-2008, 09:27 PM
Originally posted by cameron91
lets go rattlerville...

Go ahead and cheer for "Rattlerville" because Caldwell's gonna rub your tail in the ground the final week of the REGULAR season.

navscanmaster
10-06-2008, 09:35 PM
Wrong, Shepherd just beat the Hell outta Coldspring last week, and before losing to us by 60, they lost to a competitive 4A program by 14.

Wrong. Shepherd lost to Coldspring. The initial score report we saw was a typo. Coldspring beat the Hell outta Shepherd, 49-18.

nunya
10-06-2008, 09:36 PM
Originally posted by OldBison75
There is more poop flowing on this thread than in a third world jungle village. First of all , everyone has an opinion and is entitled to it. Second, we ain't all gonna agree because we support our own teams. Third, there will be two very good teams on the field at Rattler Stadium this Friday that will decide the winner without any real help from any of us. Good banter is fun, but last year and two years ago don;t mean poop this week.

Navasota has controlled the run this year better than for the last 6 years. Thier passing defense has had brilliant moment and some disappointments (Henderson). Navasota's offense has not been stopped or really slowed down all year. And Pratt has not been a real part of the ground game except against Rudder. Not that he has not had some carries and produced, but that the carries have been very limited since we have faced eight in the box most of the time. Every time Stokes sees the LB or Safety from the opposition spying on Pratt, he as found the open hole or open receiver and made the opposition pay.

I have not seen Caldwell this year and can only presict based on what I have read and heard. I know they are well coached, I know they have a potent running game. I know they will play hard every play, and I know that they believe they can compete and beat anyone. Those are the traits of a top notch program.

The rattler will show the same traits. Plus the overall package favors the Rattler in my opinion. I still believe the Rattlers will win by 14.

Good luck and keep the game free of injuries.

Caldwell's been real good putting opponents' players on the sidelines with injuries. It's called strategy. :devil:

navscanmaster
10-06-2008, 09:40 PM
Caldwell's been real good putting opponents' players on the sidelines with injuries. It's called strategy. :devil:
If that were in fact true, which it is not, the coach would be liable in civil and criminal court for encouraging physical harm against youths. You are surely not implying that is the case, are you?:devil:

nunya
10-06-2008, 09:41 PM
If that were in fact true, which it is not, the coach would be liable in civil and criminal court for encouraging physical harm against youths. You are surely not implying that is the case, are you?:devil:

I'd tell you, but I'd have to kill you.

LH Panther Mom
10-06-2008, 09:41 PM
Wow! That's just really not even funny. :doh:

nunya
10-06-2008, 09:42 PM
Wrong. Shepherd lost to Coldspring. The initial score report we saw was a typo. Coldspring beat the Hell outta Shepherd, 49-18.

Yet another screw-up by the AP scoreboard on Saturday. Once Shepherd's QB got hurt, it was curtains for them. Who was it that injured him? :thinking:

navscanmaster
10-06-2008, 09:47 PM
Yet another screw-up by the AP scoreboard on Saturday. Once Shepherd's QB got hurt, it was curtains for them. Who was it that injured him? :thinking:

It was probably a nagging, delayed injury from a intentional hit in that Caldwell game.:devil: :eek: :thinking:

nunya
10-06-2008, 09:48 PM
It was probably a nagging, delayed injury from a intentional hit in that Caldwell game.:devil: :eek: :thinking:

:smoker:

HEMOTOXIC
10-06-2008, 09:53 PM
Originally posted by caldgrad_07
I also just looked up Navasota’s schedule and results. And who have yall played Besides an overated 3-2 Sealy team?!? Let me see you’ve played 4A Henderson(0-4) Palestine(1-4) and Rudder(0-4) I mean that’s not a barn burner schedule either!

and oh, we beat a 3-2 Sealy team:D; And, there is a big difference starting off with a good team with top notch players opposed to getting drilled by Bellville 44-14 and then whooping up on 4 weak teams and thinking you can now take on the world. Reality will set in Friday.

navscanmaster
10-06-2008, 09:55 PM
and oh, we beat a 3-2 Sealy team:D
Its been fun, but I am gonna be out working the next few nights. Really nunya, keep it civil. Nobody is going to hurt your team's pride by saying anything on this board. So don't let it get to you. Just get the crow ready, Fedora has a good recipe he'll give you on Friday night.:devil:

nunya
10-06-2008, 09:56 PM
and oh, we beat a 3-2 Sealy team:D

an overrated Sealy team, you have to admit. None of their previous wins were against legitimate opponents. They'll get slaughtered by Bellville.

nunya
10-06-2008, 09:57 PM
Its been fun, but I am gonna be out working the next few nights. Really nunya, keep it civil. Nobody is going to hurt your team's pride by saying anything on this board. So don't let it get to you. Just get the crow ready, Fedora has a good recipe he'll give you on Friday night.:devil:

Same song, 7th verse, but good luck, amigo.

HEMOTOXIC
10-06-2008, 09:59 PM
an overrated Sealy team, you have to admit. None of their previous wins were against legitimate opponents. They'll get slaughtered by Bellville.

Yes, very overrated. Even Caldwell could have beaten Sealy.:D

nunya
10-06-2008, 10:00 PM
Yes, very overrated. Even Caldwell could have beaten Sealy.:D

Duh. ya think? Like I said from before the season started, sportwriters wanted so desperately to believe the old Sealy was back. TJ Mills' recruiting efforts from nearby Brookshire Royal and East Bernard is what triggered Sealy's success even then.

HEMOTOXIC
10-06-2008, 10:02 PM
Duh. ya think? Like I said from before the season started, sportwriters wanted so desperately to believe the old Sealy was back. TJ Mills' recruiting efforts from nearby Brookshire Royal and East Bernard is what triggered Sealy's success even then.

Yes, like I have said, I just didn't see what everyone else saw in Sealy to have them ranked.

State_In_08
10-07-2008, 04:33 AM
Hello fellow Rattler fans, so glad to return after such a long hiatus ;)

Anyways, to the point.

What I saw Friday impressed me very much. Complete domination of a team that was suppose to be close to us in the rankings, and in skills, and suppose to give us a tight game. I didn't see that at all. What I saw was a shutdown of everything Sealy tried to do offensively by this defense, which continues to get so much better week by week. How much better have they gotten? The truth will be told Friday night against this strong Slot T Caldwell offense, which put up close to 50 on the Rattler D last year. We've come a long way since then defensively... offensively too. I was also impressed by the offense tremendously. Maybe we're just that good, or Sealy was just that bad... only time will tell. Either way, I believe my Rattlers will prevail...

Navasota - 42
Caldwell - 21

957tiger
10-07-2008, 06:48 AM
Everyone has been very concerned about where Sealy had been ranked. DCF (along with others) rankings came out in June and I believe he based his predictions on the obvious improvement of Sealy last year after an 0-2 start that ended in a 7-3 season with a co-district title. I also think it was the first round play-off battle with Giddings that may have led the experts to think Sealy would continue to build it's program and have success in 08. No one could see that seven players with varsity experience would elect to sit out. That several more players would quit when asked to step it up, and that the "stud" running back would have a melt down. Factor in just some of these problems along with a first year QB and you may have a reason for the fall from grace. Remember it was not the boys who published the polls, all they want to do is play good and hopfully win some games.

FormerBellvilleBrahma
10-07-2008, 07:16 AM
Sadly I agree, Caldwell hasn't played anyone besides Bellville, although I do agree Caldwell has vastly improved since the Bellville game. And I believe if played again Caldwell would come out on top.

44-14?

nunya
10-07-2008, 07:27 AM
Isn't it ironic how one minute (when former and future opponents who are all giddy about their recent success) jibber jabber about how much stronger Caldwell was or is than when they played Bellville.

But then, lo and behold, when the time comes to play YOUR team, Caldwell's not so talented and doesn't have much potential to win, after all, and all of a sudden that misleading 44-14 loss to Bellville is all that matters.

You can't have it both ways. Either you think Caldwell is stronger than what the score indicated .... or you don't. End of story.

If you weren't at the Caldwell-Bellville game (my fellow Navasotaronians), how can you say we are weak, much less, not made enough progress to win an important game?

Also funny how some Bellville posters pat Caldwell on the back (patronizingly) and say "oh you did a swell job against us and the score didn't indicate how close the game was" before turning around and saying "we beat you by 30" and imply our improvement might be 10 percent from over a month ago despite rebounding to outscore opponents by a 30-point average?

If Caldwell doesn't get fired up for THIS one, they only have themselves to blame.

caldgrad_07
10-07-2008, 09:51 AM
and oh, we beat a 3-2 Sealy team:D; And, there is a big difference starting off with a good team with top notch players opposed to getting drilled by Bellville 44-14 and then whooping up on 4 weak teams and thinking you can now take on the world. Reality will set in Friday.

Dude if you read my previous post. I honestly see it very hard for Caldwell to come out with the win Friday night. Caldwell's going to have to play a beyond perfect game. I was just pointing out that Navasota hasnt played anyone really besides Sealy. Overataed Sealy at that but at least yall won where as Caldwell lost against Bellville. But I dont think Navasota has played anyone to desearve their high ranking. But honestly yall are that good!!! and Caldwell is going to have to play a perfect game and hope that Navasota makes some sloppy mistakes.

caldgrad_07
10-07-2008, 09:56 AM
Originally posted by FormerBellvilleBrahma
44-14?

haha yeah I'm a homer and I think any game Caldwell ever loses, if they play it again they'll win...

no but in all seriosness if we played again this year it wouldnt be 44-14, but the outcome would be much much closer.

nunya
10-07-2008, 10:42 AM
Dude if you read my previous post. I honestly see it very hard for Caldwell to come out with the win Friday night. Caldwell's going to have to play a beyond perfect game. I was just pointing out that Navasota hasnt played anyone really besides Sealy. Overataed Sealy at that but at least yall won where as Caldwell lost against Bellville. But I dont think Navasota has played anyone to desearve their high ranking. But honestly yall are that good!!! and Caldwell is going to have to play a perfect game and hope that Navasota makes some sloppy mistakes.

I respect your objectivity. More than I can say for most others on here.

BV Sports Fan
10-07-2008, 10:46 AM
Caldwell was a much different team offensively last year. The offense was slanted to Canto because he was so explosive. They are much more balanced this year, by necessity, with all four backs touching the ball. Ofczarzak was more of a run threat than Sims, such as Sims is more of a passing threat.
Caldwell will run the ball down hill at the Rattlers. To stop that, the Rattlers will weaken themselves somewhere else. You can't stop the entire slot-T, you know that from playing in it.

caldgrad_07
10-07-2008, 11:33 AM
Originally posted by BV Sports Fan
Caldwell was a much different team offensively last year. The offense was slanted to Canto because he was so explosive. They are much more balanced this year, by necessity, with all four backs touching the ball. Ofczarzak was more of a run threat than Sims, such as Sims is more of a passing threat.
Caldwell will run the ball down hill at the Rattlers. To stop that, the Rattlers will weaken themselves somewhere else. You can't stop the entire slot-T, you know that from playing in it.

I agree with this, you can’t stop the slot T outright. I know this because I went it against every day in practice the first year Caldwell started running the Slot T. Caldwell defiantly is more effective this year than past year’s teams because of T. Sims ability to pass effectively. But Caldwell can’t have turnovers ala like the first possession of the Rudder game and they can’t hurt themselves with penalties against a high powered/ ranked Navasota team. Its going to be a great game and I can't wait! I'm going to cheer my head off for Caldwell I know that. Best of luck to both teams.

HEMOTOXIC
10-07-2008, 12:33 PM

Navasota was ranked highly from the beginning before the start of the season. So, whether you believed that they played anyone to deserve a high ranking is pointless. Typically, you don't go down in rankings if you continue to win. :)

RattlerDude
10-07-2008, 12:44 PM
Dudes if Navasota loses, and I know they won't I will put my signature as "I was wrong because Caldwell is better than Navasota". I am 100% sure that we will win this game. Anybody from Caldwell willing to do the same about Navasota when Caldwell loses?

Navasota has too many weapons on offense, and they have a really strong defense... I don't see any way that Navasota could not win by at least two TD's. Our team is always ready. I hope Caldwell can be ready too so we don't get the excuse that they weren't prepared like they said when Bellville stomped them. lol

OldBison75
10-07-2008, 12:54 PM
TO NUNYA:

I know you are trying to get everybody stirred up, but the reality is you are completely unable to read the entire post of some people. You take one sentendce and attack the whole thread.

If you read this entire thread, you will find that no one in Navasota, Bellville, Sealy, or anywhere else has said that Caldwell is a patsy to be walked over by everyone. The Rattler fans are as confident that thier team will win as you are about Caldwell.

The Hornets are a quality team that has proven they can score plenty of points. The Rattlers know that stopping the SLOT is not an option, but they also know that it can be controlled like they kept it under control in the second half against Liberty Hill in last years playoffs. They also know that this years defense is faster, more athletic, and better tacklers than last year.

Yes, we believe we will win, but we also know that we have to play at the top of our game and hope that any breaks, turnovers, and momentum goes to us.

Give us a little respect if you want us to respect your team. I guarantee you they think they can win, but they also realize that they will be playing a top notch team on the team's own turf and with thier fans in the stands.

I still believe in the Rattlers and predict a Rattler win, but it won't be easy and Caldwell is not Sealy, or any other team we have played. This team takes one game at a time and you have to respect them for choosing to play a make up game against a team that was ranked and not a warm up against a lower tier team.

Let the boys on the field play and whoever wins is in the district driver's seat. Oh, by the way, don't become too fixated on this weeks game since we both have to still play a very good Cameron Team.

bigYoe
10-07-2008, 01:46 PM
Go ahead and cheer for "Rattlerville" because Caldwell's gonna rub your tail in the ground the final week of the REGULAR season.

oh hell no, Caldwell MIGHT win but if you do it wont be by much. Cameron's offense is as or more explosive than Caldwells. We arent one dimensional, we have a GREAT RUN GAME and a GREAT PASSING GAME. dont try to pick on the outsiders just because you're gettin picked on by EVERYONE. and to think, i was gonna stick up for you.

ol country boy
10-07-2008, 01:53 PM
Navasota seems to be on a roll....going with them.

caldgrad_07
10-07-2008, 02:32 PM
Navasota was ranked highly from the beginning before the start of the season. So, whether you believed that they played anyone to deserve a high ranking is pointless. Typically, you don't go down in rankings if you continue to win. :)

I was just pointing out the fact that Navasota hasn’t played anyone either just like Caldwell besides Sealy and Bellville I never said yall didn’t deserve yalls ranking because if you read my post and clearly I said yall are as good as your ranking says but I was just pointing out that yall haven’t played anyone either and its ridiculous for you to bash on Caldwell's schedule.

HEMOTOXIC
10-07-2008, 03:15 PM
But I dont think Navasota has played anyone to desearve their high ranking.

DUDE, This what you said. I am stating to you that Navasota had their high ranking before the season started.

t-bird
10-07-2008, 03:48 PM

That's a well put point. Sealy (like Caldwell), also, has given Navasota trouble in recent meetings...Like in '03 16-13 Sealy...In '05 55-0 Sealy...Those are the only two that come to the top of my mind right off the bat. Though, you see what happened on Friday. I personally think its more possible than most believe that Navasota could win by multiple scores...Maybe its just their year.

HEMOTOXIC
10-07-2008, 04:13 PM
Originally posted by t-bird
That's a well put point. Sealy (like Caldwell), also, has given Navasota trouble in recent meetings...Like in '03 16-13 Sealy...In '05 55-0 Sealy...Those are the only two that come to the top of my mind right off the bat. Though, you see what happened on Friday. I personally think its more possible than most believe that Navasota could win by multiple scores...Maybe its just their year.

Since coming back to 3A, Navasota has played Sealy 5 times inwhich Navasota has won 3 of the 5 meetings. So, there is a reason why those two victories are the only ones that you can think of. That '05 team for the Rattlers was horrible compiling a 3-7 record. On the otherhand, Caldwell is one of those teams that has had Navasota's number. Yes, the Hornets give the Rattlers fits.

ProudHornetMom
10-07-2008, 04:19 PM

That's not strategy...that's slander. How dare you say that! It's offensive, unnecessary and untrue!:mad: Just the insinuation that we would intentionally injury anyone is sickening and demeaning. The idea is to play with skill and technique, not stoop to low cheap shots.

As a mom of a Hornet player, this really offends me. As a mom on this forum it just flat out makes me mad. With the kind of statements you make on any given day, it's hard to tell if you're for us or against us. Geez.

nunya
10-07-2008, 04:22 PM
That's not strategy...that's slander. How dare you say that!

Chill out, lady. It was a joke. Jeez....

RattlerDude
10-07-2008, 04:24 PM
That's not strategy...that's slander. How dare you say that!

He is just talking with a big head. He knows not what he is really saying. His analysis of the teams, the plays, none of it. His posts should be excused. Lol

caldgrad_07
10-07-2008, 04:25 PM
DUDE, This what you said. I am stating to you that Navasota had their high ranking before the season started.

Read my next sentence after that one! Thank you. I said But yall are that good! I was just pointing out the lack of opposition yall have played, not really trying to make it sound like yall shouldnt be ranked that high. sorry dude take a chill pill.

nunya
10-07-2008, 04:26 PM
He is just talking with a big head. He knows not what he is really saying. His analysis of the teams, the plays, none of it. His posts should be excused. Lol

Yea, but will you feel that way Friday around 10 pm?

RattlerDude
10-07-2008, 04:35 PM
Yea, but will you feel that way Friday around 10 pm?

Of course. why wouldn't I?

RattlerDude
10-07-2008, 04:37 PM
Nunya
lets wager. Nothing big. Just that little signature thing. I bet with some people from Caldwell last time. If we lose my sig for a week is "I was wrong, caldwell is better than Navasota". When we win you put "They were right, Navasota is better than Caldwell". Deal?

HEMOTOXIC
10-07-2008, 04:56 PM
Read my next sentence after that one! Thank you. I said But yall are that good! I was just pointing out the lack of opposition yall have played, not really trying to make it sound like yall shouldnt be ranked that high. sorry dude take a chill pill.

:clap:

nunya
10-07-2008, 05:13 PM
Nunya
lets wager. Nothing big. Just that little signature thing. I bet with some people from Caldwell last time. If we lose my sig for a week is "I was wrong, caldwell is better than Navasota". When we win you put "They were right, Navasota is better than Caldwell". Deal?

Sure as long as you also add.. and HOLY MOSES, they did it on our own turf!"

RattlerDude
10-07-2008, 05:49 PM
Sure as long as you also add.. and HOLY MOSES, they did it on our own turf!"

Lol. Deal

LH Panther Mom
10-07-2008, 06:02 PM
Chill out, lady. It was a joke. Jeez....
It should never have been posted, even as a joke.

LoveTheHornets
10-07-2008, 07:42 PM
Well, our boys are remaining positive this week. They don't seem to be letting any of this intimidate them. I know they will have some tricks up their sleeves, some things that they haven't used before. However, I know that Navasota will also be extremely prepared! I was so surprised to open my paper Saturday morning and see that Navasota shut out Sealy. I didn't doubt that they could win, but man, a shut-out!

Whoo-hoo! I can't wait for this game! I really hope that it is good and well-played as we all are thinking it's going to be. Friday seems like a long way away!

I loooove high school football! Go Hornets!

(Yes, I have had some caffeine this evening. Why do you ask?)

nunya
10-07-2008, 09:46 PM
Originally posted by LH Panther Mom
It should never have been posted, even as a joke.

Ok, Debs. Sorry.

HEMOTOXIC
10-08-2008, 11:45 AM
1. Liberty Hill
2. Bellville*****
3. Abilene Wylie
4. Gilmer
5. China Spring
6 La Vega
7. Burkburnett
8. Caldwell******
9. Cuero
10. Navasota******
11. Kennedale
12. Prosper
13. Argyle
14. Bridgeport
15. Brownwood
16. Celina
17. Giddings
18. La Grange
19. Chapel Hill
20. Sanger

Can anyone guess who's top 20 ranking this belongs to?:thinking:

nunya
10-08-2008, 11:55 AM
1. Liberty Hill
2. Bellville*****
3. Abilene Wylie
4. Gilmer
5. China Spring
6 La Vega
7. Burkburnett
8. Caldwell******
9. Cuero
10. Navasota******
11. Kennedale
12. Prosper
13. Argyle
14. Bridgeport
15. Brownwood
16. Celina
17. Giddings
18. La Grange
19. Chapel Hill
20. Sanger

Can anyone guess who's top 20 ranking this belongs to?:thinking:

Probably someone who is smart enough to realize that Navasota is good, but now awe-inspiring.

HEMOTOXIC
10-08-2008, 12:20 PM
Probably someone who is smart enough to realize that Navasota is good, but now awe-inspiring.

Bellville #2? They dominated Caldwell becasue they are better than the Hornets and the Hornets are an average team not because the Brahmas are so good that they are the #2 team in the state. Of course you are entitled to your opinion, in which, will change without a doubt, after the Rattlers win convincingly on Friday. Obviously, you haven't seen teams like Liberty Hill, WOS, La Vega, China Spring, Cuero, etc play recently to think that Bellville is a #2 ranking and your Caldwell Hornets a #8 team. It is quite clear that you would rank Bellville so high. The higher the Brahmas are ranked makes Caldwell look better since they lost to, in your opinion, the #2 team, Bellville.

nunya
10-08-2008, 12:49 PM
Bellville #2? They dominated Caldwell becasue they are better than the Hornets and the Hornets are an average team not because the Brahmas are so good that they are the #2 team in the state. Of course you are entitled to your opinion, in which, will change without a doubt, after the Rattlers win convincingly on Friday. Obviously, you haven't seen teams like Liberty Hill, WOS, La Vega, China Spring, Cuero, etc play recently to think that Bellville is a #2 ranking and your Caldwell Hornets a #8 team. It is quite clear that you would rank Bellville so high. The higher the Brahmas are ranked makes Caldwell look better since they lost to, in your opinion, the #2 team, Bellville.

You can thank Hurricane Ike for not having a loss on your record, amigo. You beat winless Henderson by 1, for Pete's sake!

c-town_balla
10-08-2008, 02:23 PM
I don't know if this has been mentioned but the game is going to be on the radio at 105.1 FM and will be streamed online at kmil.com (http://www.kmil.com)

striker
10-08-2008, 03:24 PM
It will also be streamed online, like all Rattler games at www.navasotanews.com

OldBison75
10-08-2008, 03:26 PM
Nunya, no Navasota poster has placed Bellville as the #2 team, that was you. As for the 1 point victory over Henderson, you were not there and don't know what happened. Navasota played without an all state lineman, four current starters on defense were not playing full-time in the game, and the secondary was not at full strength. Henderson was emotional for the opening game and Navasota played decent on offense but stunk up the field on defense. Since that game the Rattlers have held Palestine under 200 yard total offense (with about 100 of that coming against reserves); Rudder under 100 total yards, and Sealy at 63 total yards.

MaXPREPS puts Stokes as the second rated passer in the state on points with a 72 % completion ratio and 13 touchdowns and no interceptions. Three receivers are averaging over 20 yards per reception and at leat 5 catches per game.

I respect the Bellville program and have no doubrt they are good. I still believe that Navasota would have won that game if not for the Hurricane. However, we did schedule a makeup against then ranked number 10 Sealy and shut them out.

I don;t have a problem with you supporting your team, but talk about the positives of your team and don't run down the accomplishments of the opposition. Caldwell will be the best team we have faced this year. That said, they are still not going to beat the Rattlers this year, IMO.

nunya
10-08-2008, 03:39 PM
Nunya, no Navasota poster has placed Bellville as the #2 team, that was you. As for the 1 point victory over Henderson, you were not there and don't know what happened. Navasota played without an all state lineman, four current starters on defense were not playing full-time in the game, and the secondary was not at full strength. Henderson was emotional for the opening game and Navasota played decent on offense but stunk up the field on defense. Since that game the Rattlers have held Palestine under 200 yard total offense (with about 100 of that coming against reserves); Rudder under 100 total yards, and Sealy at 63 total yards.

MaXPREPS puts Stokes as the second rated passer in the state on points with a 72 % completion ratio and 13 touchdowns and no interceptions. Three receivers are averaging over 20 yards per reception and at leat 5 catches per game.

I respect the Bellville program and have no doubrt they are good. I still believe that Navasota would have won that game if not for the Hurricane. However, we did schedule a makeup against then ranked number 10 Sealy and shut them out.

I don;t have a problem with you supporting your team, but talk about the positives of your team and don't run down the accomplishments of the opposition. Caldwell will be the best team we have faced this year. That said, they are still not going to beat the Rattlers this year, IMO.

Nor have you seen the vast improvement Caldwell has made since playing Bellville. May the best team win. This is getting exhausting.:stirpot:

navscanmaster
10-08-2008, 03:54 PM
I know this is not directly related, but I just saw that the Rattler JV is undefeated at 4-0 after a 26-8 win over Sealy.:clap:

HEMOTOXIC
10-08-2008, 03:58 PM
I know this is not directly related, but I just saw that the Rattler JV is undefeated at 4-0 after a 26-8 win over Sealy.:clap:

:clap:

caldgrad_07
10-08-2008, 04:23 PM
I hate to say it nunya but Caldwell HAS made a lot of improvement since the Bellville game BUT Caldwell hasn't really played anyone yet since then, so we can't really guage where our team is at right now. My best guess is we're an above average team on the verge of being something great, I and everyone else will know more after the game Friday. Until then I'm not convinced that we're anything more than an above average team.

OldBison75
10-08-2008, 04:30 PM
Calgrad, that is the most honest post yet on this thread. Likewise, Navasota has shown tremendous potential, but the competition has not been above average. I believe that the Rattler potential and experience will prevail, but who knows until the final seconds tick off. What I predict and wish for does not always happen, but it don't stop me from wishing. Good luck to both teams, play hard, play clean, and lets see a helluva game Friday.

navscanmaster
10-08-2008, 04:54 PM
Calgrad, that is the most honest post yet on this thread. Likewise, Navasota has shown tremendous potential, but the competition has not been above average. I believe that the Rattler potential and experience will prevail, but who knows until the final seconds tick off. What I predict and wish for does not always happen, but it don't stop me from wishing. Good luck to both teams, play hard, play clean, and lets see a helluva game Friday.
:clap: Good Post.:clap:

Global Swarming
10-08-2008, 05:27 PM
Why don't y'all make a bet that the loser stays off of here indefinately. It never ceases to amaze me that a couple of idiots from each side can screw up a post so badly. No matter who wins on Friday night. It is going to be unbearable for the other team to have it rubbed in their face for God knows how long. There's nothing wrong with supporting your team and cheering them on. But you resort to childish bashing of teams, it makes everyone else from that town look bad. I for one do not make predictions about games for that very reason. I won't put my opinion out there just so someone can tell me how much of an idiot I am for thinking that way. I'm sure that I'm not the only one who feels this way. If you want to have intelligent discussions about a topic there's nothing wrong with that. That's what the board is here for, not to see how many people you can offend along the way. The players will decide who the better team is on Friday. All the trash talking on here isn't going to change the outcome one bit. Well, I've had my say and will probably get some childish comments for stating my opinion. But what can you do. Some things will never change.

caldgrad_07
10-08-2008, 05:35 PM
Why don't y'all make a bet that the loser stays off of here indefinately. It never ceases to amaze me that a couple of idiots from each side can screw up a post so badly. No matter who wins on Friday night. It is going to be unbearable for the other team to have it rubbed in their face for God knows how long. There's nothing wrong with supporting your team and cheering them on. But you resort to childish bashing of teams, it makes everyone else from that town look bad. I for one do not make predictions about games for that very reason. I won't put my opinion out there just so someone can tell me how much of an idiot I am for thinking that way. I'm sure that I'm not the only one who feels this way. If you want to have intelligent discussions about a topic there's nothing wrong with that. That's what the board is here for, not to see how many people you can offend along the way. The players will decide who the better team is on Friday. All the trash talking on here isn't going to change the outcome one bit. Well, I've had my say and will probably get some childish comments for stating my opinion. But what can you do. Some things will never change.

Thank you GlobalSwarming! About time someone feels the same as me on this issue! Great post!

nunya
10-08-2008, 05:38 PM
... and playing good clean Christian gentleman football lands you at home come the third round of the playoffs.

Sad but true.

LH Panther Mom
10-08-2008, 05:42 PM
... and playing good clean Christian gentleman football lands you at home come the third round of the playoffs.

Sad but true.
:doh: :doh: I am continually amazed with some of the stuff that comes out of your fingers.

nunya
10-08-2008, 05:43 PM
Originally posted by LH Panther Mom
:doh: :doh: I am continually amazed with some of the stuff that comes out of your fingers.

Easy to say when you have a couple state titles, though, you have to admit.

nunya
10-08-2008, 05:57 PM
Statesman sportwriters predictions. Three outta four ain't bad:

http://pickem.statesman.com/Pickem/makePicks.html?COXnetJSessionIDbuild118_prod=bhr6L t6pLP6rQ64mQYYDqT5FQ17vMtGpPc2p0FdBBxVbphtpPvvZ!-231129156&REG_INFO=JnVpZD03NTg0NDk2JmF1dGg9WVU1aVRtQk9ZazVVV lYxVldsVlVXR0JaWDFoYlZWbFZYbFZlVldOVlhsVmRWVjFWWVZ WaFZWcFVWRlJYVkE9PQ==

LH Panther Mom
10-08-2008, 06:05 PM
Easy to say when you have a couple state titles, though, you have to admit.
What the heck are you talking about?

Global Swarming
10-08-2008, 06:15 PM
I don't know what you mean about playing Christian football. All I'm saying is that no one on this site who is not playing Friday night has any bearing on the outcome of the game. All the trash talking just makes someone look silly after the game is over. I don't know about you but I don't want to hear how bad we got beat for a week. Nor do I want to hear how Navasota is over-rated. I know I have no bearing on what y'all say on here. I'm guessing that y'all are adults. You're entitled to your opinions thanks to our military. All I'm asking is that y'all think about how it makes your towns look when you engage in this kind of stuff. Like my favorite saying goes,"A closed mouth gathers no feet". I hope that both teams make their communities proud Friday night. Give it all you got boys and leave it on the field.

ratherbfishin
10-08-2008, 08:08 PM
Navasota = better team!!!!

HEMOTOXIC
10-08-2008, 09:04 PM
If you take what someone has to say on here and make an opinion about the entire town, I say shame on you. This is all fun and games. Of course, you think that your team is going to win, for the most part. Its a 50-50 chance that they will. I say, live a little. We went through this last year. After Caldwell beat Navasota, we congratulated the Hornets. The same thing happened when Liberty Hill beat the Rattlers. .:D

navscanmaster
10-08-2008, 09:15 PM
The same thing happened when Liberty Hill beat the Rattlers. .:D

Beat? If that was just being beat, we had better be lucky we didn't get steamrolled! Sheesh, beat.....that was a good laugh, thanks!

HEMOTOXIC
10-08-2008, 09:31 PM
Beat? If that was just being beat, we had better be lucky we didn't get steamrolled! Sheesh, beat.....that was a good laugh, thanks!

Ok, ok, Donkey Stomped.:D

nunya
10-08-2008, 09:49 PM
Well, I'm the first to proclaim that if Caldwell can't win the district crown, then Navasota is my second choice.

Of course Fedora is a great coach. His dad's a Caldwell grad! :-)

t-bird
10-09-2008, 11:17 AM

Yeah, if that was the case, I would hate to see last years' team on a good day, lol.

t-bird
10-09-2008, 11:21 AM
Also, this is yet another game I wish I could make, but am unable to. Hopefully I'll be able to listen to my good friends at Navasota News 1550AM.

RattlerDude
10-09-2008, 02:01 PM
How many starters did Caldwell lose to graduation? nunya... anyone know?

RattlerDude
10-09-2008, 02:02 PM

Dude whos side are you on? lol. come on man. We don't like to think about these things.

t-bird
10-09-2008, 02:07 PM
Dude whos side are you on? lol. come on man. We don't like to think about these things.

Prob. on reality's side.

Daddy D 11
10-09-2008, 02:30 PM
Gosh you Navasota fans talked some serious noise that week! It was soo intense:) Ya'll just had no earthly idearr:D

But i still love all of you dearly, the meet and great that week was great:inlove:

t-bird
10-09-2008, 02:34 PM
Originally posted by Daddy D 11
Gosh you Navasota fans talked some serious noise that week! It was soo intense:) Ya'll just had no earthly idearr:D

But i still love all of you dearly, the meet and great that week was great:inlove:

Lol, I'm sure it will be once again if Navasota sees Liberty Hill down the road.

Daddy D 11
10-09-2008, 02:36 PM
Originally posted by t-bird
Lol, I'm sure it will be once again if Navasota sees Liberty Hill down the road.

No, they respect us too much and visa versa. Plus, they'd be scared:evilgrin:

t-bird
10-09-2008, 02:37 PM
Originally posted by Daddy D 11
No, they respect us too much and visa versa. Plus, they'd be scared:evilgrin:

Good point...Though I think it would just be more friendly.

nunya
10-09-2008, 02:40 PM
How many starters did Caldwell lose to graduation? nunya... anyone know?

24 or 25, can't remember, but able JV stars have filled in beyond belief

Next year... WATCH OUT.. jr. Nelson Scott, soph. Kendrin Sheppard and jr. Kyson Woolverston are returning!

t-bird
10-09-2008, 02:42 PM
Though, personally I think that Navasota fans were more riled-up for the Giddings game than the Liberty Hill game.

UPanIN
10-09-2008, 03:15 PM
It will not be Pratt that wins this game for the Rattlers. Although you could say he'll be a big part because Caldwell may key on him and that will open up the pass or run by the Rattler QB.

Sealy pretty much stopped Pratt but it didn't matter.

So pick your posion. Stop Pratt, stop the run from Stokes, or stop the pass. I don't think you'll stop all three. What ever you pick Navasota will win.

Navasota by 14 or more.

JMO. But I'm a "Homer".

Go Rattlers.:cheerl:

nunya
10-09-2008, 03:43 PM
Originally posted by UPanIN
It will not be Pratt that wins this game for the Rattlers. Although you could say he'll be a big part because Caldwell may key on him and that will open up the pass or run by the Rattler QB.

Sealy pretty much stopped Pratt but it didn't matter.

So pick your posion. Stop Pratt, stop the run from Stokes, or stop the pass. I don't think you'll stop all three. What ever you pick Navasota will win.

Navasota by 14 or more.

JMO. But I'm a "Homer".

Go Rattlers.:cheerl:

Yea, keying in on Caldwell's tactics should be no problem. We only have one player we give the ball to, we've never passed and we never suspect passes. But thanks for sharing.
:rolleyes:

waterboy
10-09-2008, 04:45 PM
I'm just wondering about Caldwell. Can somebody tell us who they've played and what the results were? Any common opponents with Navasota? I know who Navasota has played, but know nothing about who the Hornets have played. I just want to be able to make an "educated" guess as to how this game will turn out.

ProudHornetMom
10-09-2008, 04:47 PM
So...at any point dare we mention a M&G? :D

BURNT ORANGE HORNET 86
10-09-2008, 05:17 PM
Count me in,but were at if memory serves me correctly you can't go from one side to the other.

nunya
10-09-2008, 06:15 PM
Originally posted by waterboy
I'm just wondering about Caldwell. Can somebody tell us who they've played and what the results were? Any common opponents with Navasota? I know who Navasota has played, but know nothing about who the Hornets have played. I just want to be able to make an "educated" guess as to how this game will turn out.

Bellville 44, Caldwell 14 (excellent opponent, plus we weren't prepared)
REALITY CHECK HITS WHEN SOMEONE (from Bellville) SAID WE WERE BETTER THAN WE THOUGHT.

Then:
Caldwell 60, Shepherd 0 (poor to below avg. team)
Caldwell 53, Waco Connally 12 (avg. to above avg. team)
Caldwell 52, Madisonville 28 (poor team who we gave 16 late points)
Caldwell 72, Bryan Rudder 18 (meant little vs. underclassmen opponents)

Most starters haven't needed to play more than 2.5 quarters in about a month, exposing a golden future with some corn-fed underclassmen. Remember this name: Kendrin Sheppard (soph who rushed for well over 100 yards vs. Rudder

Game with Navasota should be a humdinger, and I suspect at least 85 combined points will be scored and game will be within 8 points one way or the other)

navscanmaster
10-09-2008, 06:23 PM
Originally posted by BURNT ORANGE HORNET 86
Count me in,but were at if memory serves me correctly you can't go from one side to the other.

I will gladly wait with a camera if everybody can get there by, oh, say 6:45? I want everybody to have a chance to get a seat, and that would give us about 15 minutes of meeting time. The place is the weight room above the northeast endzone. It is outside of the fence, and an easy stroll for both sides. When you get to the parking lot, Caldwell fans, just walk toward the Junior High building along the fence and you will run straight into the weight room. It is the curved part at the end of the High School building and comes within 10 feet of the concession stand/restroom fence.

At the top right of the pic:
http://img254.imageshack.us/img254/8788/rs1ds7.jpg

I will be there if enough people plan on coming early from Caldwell. Anybody else?

Global Swarming
10-09-2008, 06:34 PM
I would like to meet everyone but not sure what time I would get there or even if I'm going. I have to meet the boy's mother to drop them off for the weekend. Besides I don't know if I get to the meeting place with my wheel chair. Gonna try to make the game though.

navscanmaster
10-09-2008, 06:39 PM
I would like to meet everyone but not sure what time I would get there or even if I'm going. I have to meet the boy's mother to drop them off for the weekend. Besides I don't know if I get to the meeting place with my wheel chair. Gonna try to make the game though.
If you can, there is a sidewalk going from the ticket gate on the visitor's side up to the weight room, and a ramp to get up to that level. Rattler Stadium is very wheelchair accessible. Hope to see you there!

Global Swarming
10-09-2008, 06:44 PM
I will definately try. I would like to see all the trash talkers that are on this board.:D

navscanmaster
10-09-2008, 07:24 PM
I will definately try. I would like to see all the trash talkers that are on this board.:D
Half the time they don't show up. Go Blue/Tiger WR was one of the exceptions.

ronwx5x
10-09-2008, 08:06 PM
I will gladly wait with a camera if everybody can get there by, oh, say 6:45? I want everybody to have a chance to get a seat, and that would give us about 15 minutes of meeting time. The place is the weight room above the northeast endzone. It is outside of the fence, and an easy stroll for both sides. When you get to the parking lot, Caldwell fans, just walk toward the Junior High building along the fence and you will run straight into the weight room. It is the curved part at the end of the High School building and comes within 10 feet of the concession stand/restroom fence.

At the top right of the pic:
http://img254.imageshack.us/img254/8788/rs1ds7.jpg

I will be there if enough people plan on coming early from Caldwell. Anybody else?

If things have not changed since the Palestine game, re-entry is not allowed. The home stand aisle is blocked so people can't get to the reserved seats without a ticket and you have to go all the way behind the stands to get to the concession stand. All VERY inconvenient.

Anyway, if we are not allowed back in after the M&G, maybe need to do it very early or after the game?

HEMOTOXIC
10-09-2008, 08:32 PM
I'm all for a m&g.:)

striker
10-09-2008, 09:22 PM
Originally posted by ronwx5x
[B]If things have not changed since the Palestine game, re-entry is not allowed. The home stand aisle is blocked so people can't get to the reserved seats without a ticket and you have to go all the way behind the stands to get to the concession stand. All VERY inconvenient.

Stadium rules have not been changed. Re-entry is not allowed.

Southside General Admission fans do have to go "under" the stands to get to the concession stand only because the flow of traffic was constant in front of the reserved seats and they were not able to view the game.

ProudHornetMom
10-09-2008, 09:58 PM
Does this mean we can or can't meet by the weight room? We'll be there aroud 6:15.

HEMOTOXIC
10-09-2008, 10:01 PM
Does this mean we can or can't meet by the weight room? We'll be there aroud 6:15.

We can meet at the weight room. The weight room is near the visitors entrance gate outside the stadium. I think Stricker was responding to someone about being able to leaving out and re-entering and not being able to go from the visitor's side to the home side.

striker
10-09-2008, 10:03 PM

You should be able to meet by the weight room. There is a way to get around the back end of the concession stand before you enter the stadium. Once you park in the dirt/grass lot you can walk towards the Jr. High (whitish brick) southwest corner where it meets up with the southeast corner of the new high school weightroom.

ProudHornetMom
10-09-2008, 10:08 PM
We can meet at the weight room. The weight room is near the visitors entrance gate outside the stadium. I think Stricker was responding to someone about being able to leaving out and re-entering and not being able to go from the visitor's side to the home side.

Oh...now I understand. Thanks!

I just arrived home from the JV game. If it's any indication for tomorrow, it will be exciting. Navasota scored first and then we scored making it 6 to 6. Navasota goes up to 12, we go up and it's 14 - 12. We score again and it's 20 -12. Navasota scores and it's 20 - 20. Navasota scores again and it's 28 - 20. We score again and the game ends at 28 - 28.

Bull's-eye
10-10-2008, 01:33 AM
Good luck Hornets! Free Kolaches if you win. :)

navscanmaster
10-10-2008, 08:19 AM
Originally posted by ronwx5x
If things have not changed since the Palestine game, re-entry is not allowed. The home stand aisle is blocked so people can't get to the reserved seats without a ticket and you have to go all the way behind the stands to get to the concession stand. All VERY inconvenient.

Anyway, if we are not allowed back in after the M&G, maybe need to do it very early or after the game?

That is why I said meet at 6:45. That gives us a few minutes to take a couple of pictures for the 3ADL webpage, then go and find our seats before they are full.

Global Swarming
10-10-2008, 08:48 AM
Anybody else get nervous on game day or is it just me. There's alot at stake tonight. I just hope that both teams do their towns proud. Should be a hard fought game til the end.

nunya
10-10-2008, 10:41 AM
yea, it doesn't happen often. But actually I am.

navscanmaster
10-10-2008, 10:58 AM
yea, it doesn't happen often. But actually I am.
You gonna be there at 6:45? I want to see if you talk as hard as you type.:devil: :p :D

nunya
10-10-2008, 12:38 PM
You gonna be there at 6:45? I want to see if you talk as hard as you type.:devil: :p :D

Still not sure if I'll make it since it's on radio, but I can tell you that I'm more sarcasm in a comedic way than what most assume.

navscanmaster
10-10-2008, 12:48 PM
Still not sure if I'll make it since it's on radio, but I can tell you that I'm more sarcasm in a comedic way than what most assume.

I was picturing a little chihuahuah bouncing in the air while barking. With a little spiked collar. That spells S-W-A-R-M between the spikes.:devil: :nerd:

OldBison75
10-10-2008, 01:07 PM
Does anybody have a update on any grade casualtities on either side? Also, Navasota had it's first round of drug testing this week. I haven't heard of any failures on either the grades or drugs, but don't know. Anybody from Caldwell with any news?

navscanmaster
10-10-2008, 01:11 PM
Does anybody have a update on any grade casualtities on either side? Also, Navasota had it's first round of drug testing this week. I haven't heard of any failures on either the grades or drugs, but don't know. Anybody from Caldwell with any news?
Guess we'll find out tonight, right?

Global Swarming
10-10-2008, 01:13 PM
Not having a kid that plays, I wouldn't be much help. Hornetmom may know something. What kind of drug testing do they do, just steroids? I hope there aren't any failures. It would be a shame if the teams were not at full strength due to grades.

caldgrad_07
10-10-2008, 02:10 PM
I remember going last year but I don't remember how long it took, so how long does it take to get to nastysoda from Caldwell? I was planning on leaving asap around 5:30ish to get there fairly early, because i heard it was going to be packed out there tonight......

State_In_08
10-10-2008, 03:23 PM
It's gameday! The moment of truth... any of you Caldwell bugs ready to accept defeat? Of course not... but you will have no choice soon enough. We're fired up for this one baby! Get ready... Your gonna find out why we ARE the class of Texas 3A Football...

Bring it!

HEMOTOXIC
10-10-2008, 04:24 PM
I remember going last year but I don't remember how long it took, so how long does it take to get to nastysoda from Caldwell? I was planning on leaving asap around 5:30ish to get there fairly early, because i heard it was going to be packed out there tonight......

Young woman or man, or in this case, young child, there is nothing nasty about Navasota. You need to read the rules before you are banned.

caldgrad_07
10-10-2008, 05:01 PM
wow.... if something that small gets me banned then ban me.... sorry to upset your feelings... looks like your the child for something that small to upset you, seriously.... but anyway good luck to both teams! can't wait for the game!

navscanmaster
10-10-2008, 06:20 PM
wow.... if something that small gets me banned then ban me.... sorry to upset your feelings... looks like your the child for something that small to upset you, seriously.... but anyway good luck to both teams! can't wait for the game!
We pretty much don't like the term. It is hard to understand because anybody that has been here knows the town is not nasty. I have volunteered when able to help with the citywide cleanups they do, and the local police and inspectors do everything they can to keep the undesirables to a minimum. We don't go around bashing other towns, and don't appreciate blatant, negative, uninformed name calling toward the place we call home. Now have a good day, and enjoy the game. We are more than happy to welcome Caldwell and all their fans to town tonight.

t-bird
10-10-2008, 07:19 PM
There's a shirt that says, "keep Austin weird," another that says, "keep College Station normal," another that says, "keep Waco wacko," and I've even seen one that says, "keep Abeline boring"....I'm going to make one that says, "keep Navasota nasty"

And I can say that because I'm from Navasota.

OldBison75
10-10-2008, 11:02 PM
Final Score

Navasota 28
Caldwell 27

Outstanding game between two outstanding teams. Caldwell is FOR REAL. Navasota is TOO!!!!

44INAROW
10-11-2008, 12:19 AM
Final Score

Navasota 28
Caldwell 27

Wow - game lived up to the hype for sure - sounds like a darn good game.......

navscanmaster
10-11-2008, 12:24 AM
Originally posted by 44INAROW
Wow - game lived up to the hype for sure - sounds like a darn good game.......

Yeah, it sure was. I am going through a bag of cough drops now, thank you very much Caldwell!

ProudHornetMom
10-11-2008, 12:29 AM
I'm exhausted! It was a very exciting game down to the last second. Both teams played hard and I think both teams were able to showcase what they're known for.

Congratulations to Navasota for the win. Hornets keep your heads high and get ready for the next game.

Burntorange86 and I tried to go to the m&g but couldn't get out of the vistors side to go. My family will be at the Navasota - Rockdale game so maybe we can meet then. Rockdale doesn't quite have the complex Navasota does...easier to navagate.;)