PDA

View Full Version : Brownwood (2-3) @ Abilene Wylie (3-2)

Pages : [1] 2 3

SNYDER325TIGERS
10-04-2008, 02:01 AM
I've been waiting for this game and might miss Snyder's game to go see this but don't know yet.

So who wins this???

I have to go with Wylie cause they're my second team and because of these stats:

Abilene Wylie-22
Waco La Vega-20

Waco La Vega-31
Brownwood-14

I'll say:

Wylie-42
Brownwood-36

Lion_Addict
10-04-2008, 10:39 AM
Let's get it started, shall we...........

Brownwood 42
Abilene Wylie 28

wimbo_pro
10-04-2008, 10:45 AM
Brownwood takes this one in a nail biter!

Rocket
10-04-2008, 11:00 AM
http://www.mysmiley.net/imgs/smile/fighting/fighting0030.gif

Let it begin..

Sweetwater Red
10-04-2008, 11:02 AM
My prediction...

The Wylie I.S.D. hires additional security due to heightened
tensions between Bulldog and Lion posters.

http://i245.photobucket.com/albums/gg53/detroit8990/security.jpg

Johnny Moxen
10-04-2008, 11:06 AM
I think it will be close, but Wylie will win this with home field advantage and has two weeks to heal up and prepare for this one.

wildstangs
10-04-2008, 11:10 AM
Wylie is clutch once district rolls around. Bulldogs win this one by 7.

garciap77
10-04-2008, 11:19 AM
Brownwood 7
Abilene Wylie 35

Rocket
10-04-2008, 11:41 AM
Originally posted by garciap77
Brownwood 7
Abilene Wylie 35

What in the world makes you believe that you will hold Brownwood to 7 points? If anything, your defense is as good as Liberty Hill, maybe worse, especially secondary. You aren't very realistic are you garcia?

Brownwood will score at will. Wylie will try to keep up, but the ball control offense will not get it done, this time. Wylie does not have the big play capability or the Slot T to utterly confuse the Brownwood defense. I am sure Wylie will bust some big plays, but to do it consistently, I highly doubt. Wylie will be on their heels the whole night trying to stop the pass, and Brownwood will exploit them easily. Defense is a wash in this one. It will come down to Wylie not being able to score quickly when they need it, and Brownwood scoring fast and easy, like we did last year against Wylie with a weaker offense, and like we did the last 2 weeks, hanging 100 points on the scoreboard.

WylieBulldog92
10-04-2008, 12:13 PM
Originally posted by Rocket
What in the world makes you believe that you will hold Brownwood to 7 points? If anything, your defense is as good as Liberty Hill, maybe worse, especially secondary. You aren't very realistic are you garcia?

Brownwood will score at will. Wylie will try to keep up, but the ball control offense will not get it done, this time. Wylie does not have the big play capability or the Slot T to utterly confuse the Brownwood defense. I am sure Wylie will bust some big plays, but to do it consistently, I highly doubt. Wylie will be on their heels the whole night trying to stop the pass, and Brownwood will exploit them easily. Defense is a wash in this one. It will come down to Wylie not being able to score quickly when they need it, and Brownwood scoring fast and easy, like we did last year against Wylie with a weaker offense, and like we did the last 2 weeks, hanging 100 points on the scoreboard.

No he isn't very realistic, and your type is amazing because you could say the same thing about your team times 2...

The more realistic score
56 Abilene Wylie
-7 Brownwood (becoming the first team to go negative in high school history)

Gobbler Fan
10-04-2008, 12:15 PM
35-14 AW wins easily

pirate4state
10-04-2008, 12:19 PM

He's a homer, same as you! There aren't any rules that state you have to be realistic about your predictions. Sheesh!

:doh: :doh:

I was very impressed with Wylie last year and they only returned 4, I think, from that team and have been able to make things work for them thus far.

I was very impressed with Brownwood in their game vs. LH.

May the best team win!

ccmom
10-04-2008, 12:45 PM
My prediction....a real battle between two good teams...
Brownwood 24
Abilene Wylie 14 at the half

Final Score
Abilene Wylie 31
Brownwood 27

Hugh is a master at making half-time adjustments and with the tough pre-district schedule they have already played, these Bulldogs know how to fight all four quarters! JMO ;)

charlesrixey
10-04-2008, 12:50 PM
what was the score last year

ccmom
10-04-2008, 01:07 PM
Originally posted by charlesrixey
what was the score last year

Brownwood 28
A Wylie 21

SNYDER325TIGERS
10-04-2008, 01:09 PM
Wylie will win no doubt about it!

'84 Stang
10-04-2008, 01:12 PM
AW - 35
'Wood -10

BW gets their first true taste of 3A via Hugh and the 'Boys in District play - give Wylie 2 weeks and they will be ready!!! Just like they have the last few years when they had 2 weeks to get ready for us and we only had one week.....In fact I'm so impressed with the Mustangs this year I'm thinking we easily make the playoffs (2nd place in District) - Jackson is turning in his most impressive coaching job since he has been here.....

kepdawg
10-04-2008, 01:13 PM
I hope BW wins because there are less BW people on here than there are non-BW people!

JR2004
10-04-2008, 01:13 PM
THE WOOD 49-3.

SNYDER325TIGERS
10-04-2008, 01:14 PM
I hope Wylie straight up donkey stomps bwood.

Snydertigersrul
10-04-2008, 01:17 PM
WYLIE 62
BROWNWOOD -14

Rocket
10-04-2008, 02:20 PM
Originally posted by WylieBulldog92
No he isn't very realistic, and your type is amazing because you could say the same thing about your team times 2...

The more realistic score
56 Abilene Wylie
-7 Brownwood (becoming the first team to go negative in high school history)

I gave you my reasons...what are yours? What answer does Wylie have for Brownwood's offense? You think you know, but you have no earthly idea what's coming your way.

Brownwood 49
Abilene Wylie 35

Probably be worse.

Rocket
10-04-2008, 02:25 PM
Originally posted by '84 Stang
AW - 35
'Wood -10

BW gets their first true taste of 3A via Hugh and the 'Boys in District play - give Wylie 2 weeks and they will be ready!!! Just like they have the last few years when they had 2 weeks to get ready for us and we only had one week.....In fact I'm so impressed with the Mustangs this year I'm thinking we easily make the playoffs (2nd place in District) - Jackson is turning in his most impressive coaching job since he has been here.....

Good luck to the Stangs... Bold claim. District is here, time to have some fun.

Rocket
10-04-2008, 02:27 PM
Originally posted by SNYDER325TIGERS
I hope Wylie straight up donkey stomps bwood.

I hope I win the Lottery.:rolleyes:

cameron91
10-04-2008, 02:28 PM
with those 7 feet receivers and that 8 foot qb..I think da wood will start making their run for the playoffs..this game will make'em or break'em for the rest of the season...

Mcguirk
10-04-2008, 02:57 PM
Wylie.... I don't care if it's by a 1/2 point. Just think we'll win this one.

trojan37
10-04-2008, 03:07 PM
Brownwood 28
Wylie 27

Wylie scores a late TD, and instead of going for the tie they go for the win and B-Wood stuffs them at the goal line.

STANG RED
10-04-2008, 03:13 PM
I get tickled reading all the blow out scores by you homers using your hearts instead of your heads. This will NOT be a blow out by either team. It'll be close and there could easily be several lead changes throughout the game. Games like this are a process of surges by either team, and the team with the last surge will win it. I've seen Wylie have the last surge in way tooooooooo many of these types of games to count. Wylie wins this one late by 7 or less. Mark it down!
If the game were at tha Wood, I might give the lions the slight edge, but it aint so the DAWGS will find a way to win at home.

How ever it goes, I think this will be a great smashmouth Texas high school game that will be a blast to watch. I know I'll be there.

STANG RED
10-04-2008, 03:25 PM
I realize this is a huge game, but I dont think it merits two threads and polls.:rolleyes:

Can we get a merge here please?;)

HEMOTOXIC
10-04-2008, 03:29 PM
Where is this game being played?

pirate4state
10-04-2008, 03:36 PM
Originally posted by STANG RED
I realize this is a huge game, but I dont think it merits two threads and polls.:rolleyes:

Done. The polls #s don't merge, so I moved those over manually.

325's poll had 10 Wylie/8 Brownwood
Lion's poll had 18 Wylie/9 Brownwood

I hope my math is right! :nerd:

kepdawg
10-04-2008, 03:41 PM

I agree! This game deserves way more than two threads and polls! :D

swstangs001
10-04-2008, 04:35 PM
Wylie will be ready, they take it 34-21

Rocket
10-04-2008, 04:46 PM
I get tickled reading all the blow out scores by you homers using your hearts instead of your heads. This will NOT be a blow out by either team. It'll be close and there could easily be several lead changes throughout the game. Games like this are a process of surges by either team, and the team with the last surge will win it. I've seen Wylie have the last surge in way tooooooooo many of these types of games to count. Wylie wins this one late by 7 or less. Mark it down!
If the game were at tha Wood, I might give the lions the slight edge, but it aint so the DAWGS will find a way to win at home.

How ever it goes, I think this will be a great smashmouth Texas high school game that will be a blast to watch. I know I'll be there.

So you are saying that Wylie has seen a passing attack like Brownwood? Um no.. They can stop the run, yes. They are excellent in that aspect. They are a good team and a well coached team. But they will have no answer for Brownwood's passing attack. None.

It isn't a blow out prediction by a heart felt homer. It is a matchup issue and a Brownwood offense that can go yard in a minute if need be. Ask LH, they will back it up.

Bullaholic
10-04-2008, 04:59 PM
This one is tough to predict. I usually never pick against Abilene Wylie in any game--they have been that good for that long, but I just have a "gut hunch" that Brownwood really got it's offense in gear against LH and put up a bunch of points and yards on arguably the best 3A team in Texas. I say Brownwood by 7 with a 38-31 or so, final. Another example of a meeting between 2 tradition-rich, successful programs. The atmosphere at the game should be exciting and intense. I think the fans of both teams will be making more noise and yelling louder than they ever have in the past.

Rocket
10-04-2008, 06:28 PM
Originally posted by pirate4state
He's a homer, same as you! There aren't any rules that state you have to be realistic about your predictions. Sheesh!

:doh: :doh:

I was very impressed with Wylie last year and they only returned 4, I think, from that team and have been able to make things work for them thus far.

I was very impressed with Brownwood in their game vs. LH.

May the best team win!

Just ready for somebody to start talking x's and o's and give reasons for their predictions and not just putting a score out there. I know Garcia was just messing around. Wow, get chewed out for talking noise. If anybody wants to talk football, let me know.

Sorry mommy...

Lion_Addict
10-04-2008, 06:37 PM
Brownwood 7
Abilene Wylie 35

:doh: Still doing that "stuff" ya got from Nobogey I see :rolleyes: . Poor thing. Earth to garcia77......snap outta it dude. It's making you sound like all the clueless Snyder posters. Well, with the exception of DaHop of course....:D (lost that smiley by the way :nerd: )

kepdawg
10-04-2008, 06:39 PM
Just ready for somebody to start talking x's and o's and give reasons for their predictions and not just putting a score out there. I know Garcia was just messing around. Wow, get chewed out for talking noise. If anybody wants to talk football, let me know.

Sorry mommy...

x' and o's? :thinking:

on the Down Low? :thinking:

Lion_Addict
10-04-2008, 06:39 PM
Wylie will win no doubt about it!

You go Nastradamus :rolleyes: C_L_U_E_L_E_S_S

swstangs001
10-04-2008, 07:06 PM
So you are saying that Wylie has seen a passing attack like Brownwood? Um no.. They can stop the run, yes. They are excellent in that aspect. They are a good team and a well coached team. But they will have no answer for Brownwood's passing attack. None.

It isn't a blow out prediction by a heart felt homer. It is a matchup issue and a Brownwood offense that can go yard in a minute if need be. Ask LH, they will back it up.

bc youve watched wylie play right?and you saw them stop the run right? and they were terrible against the pass when you were right there in the stands watching them

Rocket
10-04-2008, 07:23 PM
Originally posted by swstangs001
bc youve watched wylie play right?and you saw them stop the run right? and they were terrible against the pass when you were right there in the stands watching them

So educate me. Tell me how they play against the pass. Tell me how they will matchup against Brownwood? I have information on Wylie defensively. What do you have that says differently from what I am saying? Talk about it...

Doubting you have anything. If anything, they are untested on pass defense, just like Liberty Hill was when we played them.:thinking:

Tell me something big boy. I told you why I think what I think, your turn, if you have anything at all.

Rocket
10-04-2008, 07:25 PM
Originally posted by kepdawg
x' and o's? :thinking:

on the Down Low? :thinking:

Still learning, kep... fast learner, though.

Ranger Mom
10-04-2008, 07:28 PM

Sorry mommy...

You have obviously never been chewed out by P4S before if you think what she she posted constitutes as being "chewed out!!":eek: :eek:

Oh yeah....I wish there was a "too close to call" option....that is my choice!!

Rocket
10-04-2008, 07:40 PM
Originally posted by Ranger Mom
You have obviously never been chewed out by P4S before if you think what she she posted constitutes as being "chewed out!!":eek: :eek:

Oh yeah....I wish there was a "too close to call" option....that is my choice!!

I agree, wasn't a chew out. I guess she was wanting me to know that its ok to be dumb homer and it isn't ok to ask for any logic to back up a prediction or question a prediction (or in this case good ole fashion ribbing). :D :nerd:

Yeah, what about Rule #3? :rolleyes:

kepdawg
10-04-2008, 07:42 PM
I agree, wasn't a chew out. I guess she was wanting me to know that its ok to be dumb homer and it isn't ok to ask for any logic to back up a prediction or question a prediction (or in this case good ole fashion ribbing). :D :nerd:

Rocket just tell them to follow the rules!

The last sentence of Rule 3:

"Be prepared to offer facts and statistics to back up your claims."

STANG RED
10-04-2008, 08:05 PM

Sorry Rocket, but that prolific passing attack coming to Bulldog stadium with an extremely unimpressive 2-3 record doesnt say much for it. Truth is, no matter how many points your O has put up, your D has allowed more,,,,,,,,,,,= lose!!!
Do you really think those Wylie coaches that have seen every offense there is, hasnt seen a few top notch passing attacks in their day? Of course they have! And I've seen them play against several of them, and beat them. I promise Tha Wood will not throw even 1 thing at Wylie that they havent seen before. And given the fact that Sandifer and co. have had 2 weeks to prepare for that highly vaunted passing attack (the one with the 2-3 record), I think you will see that they will be very well prepared to slow it down. They may not stop it, but they dont have to. Tha Wood D will simply give up too many points for the O to make up for. By the way, I asked LH. They said your D is weak, so your O didnt matter.

kepdawg
10-04-2008, 08:08 PM
Sorry Rocket, but that prolific passing attack coming to Bulldog stadium with an extremely unimpressive 2-3 record doesnt say much for it. Truth is, no matter how many points your O has put up, your D has allowed more,,,,,,,,,,,= lose!!!
Do you really think those Wylie coaches that have seen every offense there is, hasnt seen a few top notch passing attacks in their day? Of course they have! And I've seen them play against several of them, and beat them. I promise Tha Wood will not throw even 1 thing at Wylie that they havent seen before. And given the fact that Sandifer and co. have had 2 weeks to prepare for that highly vaunted passing attack (the one with the 2-3 record), I think you will see that they will be very well prepared to slow it down. They may not stop it, but they dont have to. Tha Wood D will simply give up too many points for the O to make up for. By the way, I asked LH. They said your D is weak, so your O didnt matter.

So what will everyone be saying about AW if they have the same record as BW after Friday night? Because that's very possible!

JR2004
10-04-2008, 08:09 PM
So what will everyone be saying about AW if they have the same record as BW after Friday night? Because that's very possible!

Yes it sure is!

STANG RED
10-04-2008, 08:16 PM

Sure could! Two good teams, but one of em has to lose. I guess it'll just all depend on how bad the beating is. But I expect it to be close.

kepdawg
10-04-2008, 08:19 PM
Sure could! Two good teams, but one of em has to lose. I guess it'll just all depend on how bad the beating is. But I expect it to be close.

I'm sure there will be plenty of excuses regardless of the outcome.

pirate4state
10-04-2008, 11:12 PM

Sorry mommy...

I'd like to see some x's and o's talk too, this is how I learn stuff.

I hardly think what I posted can be called a "chewing out".
Sorry if I hurt your feelings.

If someone offers up reasons to back up their predictions you'll just say "no, that's not good enough because we have this, that & the other" and they'll come back and say, "well you are an idiot if you think that because we've done this, that and the other to team B that beat you by (fill in margin here)" and away we go! :D

Rocket
10-04-2008, 11:21 PM
I'd like to see some x's and o's talk too, this is how I learn stuff.

I hardly think what I posted can be called a "chewing out".
Sorry if I hurt your feelings.

If someone offers up reasons to back up their predictions you'll just say "no, that's not good enough because we have this, that & the other" and they'll come back and say, "well you are an idiot if you think that because we've done this, that and the other to team B that beat you by (fill in margin here)" and away we go! :D

Oh so now you are telling me what I will say? You didn't hurt my feelings at all. LOL If somebody makes a good point, then so be it.

pirate4state
10-04-2008, 11:42 PM
Oh so now you are telling me what I will say? You didn't hurt my feelings at all. LOL If somebody makes a good point, then so be it. Nope, I'm telling you what I've already seen!

nobogey72
10-04-2008, 11:42 PM

All right! Time to get serious. I'm not saying that Wylie can stop Brownwood's obvious ability to move the ball, and score through the air. I will say that for Brownwood to consistantly do this, they will have to find a way to block a couple of OLB's that are about 10.5 sprinters and are also our TB's and the most explosive and best athletes on our team. If they are able to consistantly pick up these 2 bringing pressure from the outside, and occasionally #12 from the inside,then I would have to say that Wylie will be in trouble. These are both 170 lb kids. #26 & #30. #12 is about 225 and can run and is a difference maker. If Pachall is able to make quick decisions and get it off quick, we could also be in trouble. But one thing I can assure Brownwood fans of is this---- Pachall will have to make quicker decisions than he has all year, and if he is able to do this, then my hat will be off to him.

Here is my best guess. Man for man, Brownwood probably has the better athletes. Wylie will not out-athlete any good team. If Wylie is unable to put pressure on the QB then the advantage will obviously go to Brownwood. But, if Brownwood is not able to adjust to different pash-rush schemes than they have seen up till this point, then Wylie will have the advantage. I'm not predicting that Wylie will win, but I will say that I have confidence that our coaching staff (especially after having 2 weeks to prepare) will have a plan that if executed properly will balance out the difference in athletic ability. So here is my prediction: Whoever scores the most will win.:thinking:

Rocket
10-04-2008, 11:43 PM

Where was all that great coaching the last 2 seasons for Wylie? when we had a much weaker overall offense? Give me a break, dude. I know one thing for sure, at this point, Wylie will have nothing we haven't seen before and we don't run the ball all game like La Vega and Liberty Hill. Get ready.

Give me a break. You act like Wylie is unbeatable. They have lost 2 games and we have lost 3. WOW.. big difference. If they are so prolific, how come they didn't hang more then 25 on LH's defense? Come on now. They only hung 8 more than we did on La Vega. The funny thing is if Sweetwater would have played our schedule they would be 1-4.

Our defense is coming along. That will be the only thing I am worried about. But we have good coaches as well and Brownwood is already up for this one. It should be a great game and we should see the best both teams have to offer Friday night.

nobogey72
10-04-2008, 11:48 PM

I (speaking only for myself) will say that while winning district is definitely a goal every year, it is not the ultimate goal. And, I know that Brownwood will say the same thing should Wylie win. Whoever does lose this game, will have some pressure to make the playoffs. Believe it or not, Sweetwater and Snyder are capable of beating either one of us.

Rocket
10-04-2008, 11:51 PM
Originally posted by nobogey72
All right! Time to get serious. I'm not saying that Wylie can stop Brownwood's obvious ability to move the ball, and score through the air. I will say that for Brownwood to consistantly do this, they will have to find a way to block a couple of OLB's that are about 10.5 sprinters and are also our TB's and the most explosive and best athletes on our team. If they are able to consistantly pick up these 2 bringing pressure from the outside, then I would have to say that Wylie will be in trouble. These are both 170 lb kids. #26 & #30. If Pachall is able to make quick decisions and get it off quick, we could also be in trouble. But one thing I can assure Brownwood fans of is this---- Pachall will have to make quicker decisions than he has all year, and if he is able to do this, then my hat will be off to him.

Here is my best guess. Man for man, Brownwood probably has the better athletes. Wylie will not out-athlete any good team. If Wylie is unable to put pressure on the QB then the advantage will obviously go to Brownwood. But, if Brownwood is not able to adjust to different pash-rush schemes than they have seen up till this point, then Wylie will have the advantage. I'm not predicting that Wylie will win, but I will say that I have confidence that our coaching staff (especially after having 2 weeks to prepare) will have a plan that if executed properly will balance out the difference in athletic ability. So here is my prediction: Whoever scores the most will win.:thinking:

Thanks nobogey., for a well thought out post. I agree with you whole heartedly. Honestly, I am just excited to get to go to another great game and watch some good football. I will cheer for Wylie every week the rest of the season after this one.

It's real risky to blitz all night on Pachall, but it could prove to be effective. All he needs is 3 steps and bombs away. That is how we hurt LH.

Thanks for setting Stang Red straight. Man he is in lala land. Anybody that puts that much stock in records instead of looking at the big picture is beyond me.

I agree with you.. whoever scores the most points will win this one easy.

WylieBulldog92
10-04-2008, 11:51 PM
It isn't a blow out prediction by a heart felt homer. It is a matchup issue and a Brownwood offense that can go yard in a minute if need be.
I would hope you could go a yard in a minutes with your vaunted passing attack.

Rocket
10-04-2008, 11:55 PM
I would hope you could go a yard in a minutes with your vaunted passing attack.

Ha ha...OK go house... that better?

WylieBulldog92
10-04-2008, 11:56 PM
Where was all that great coaching the last 2 seasons for Wylie?
We went to state semifinals last year where were you?

WylieBulldog92
Ha ha...OK go house... that better?
And make a sack lunch?

Rocket
I (speaking only for myself) will say that while winning district is definitely a goal every year, it is not the ultimate goal. And, I know that Brownwood will say the same thing should Wylie win. Whoever does lose this game, will have some pressure to make the playoffs. Believe it or not, Sweetwater and Snyder are capable of beating either one of us.

That remains to be seen. Any given Friday Night.... See Burnet...

STANG RED
10-05-2008, 12:14 AM

(1)Where was all that great coaching the last 2 seasons for Wylie? when we had a much weaker overall offense?

(2)Wylie will have nothing we haven't seen before

(3)If they are so prolific, how come they didn't hang more then 25 on LH's defense? Come on now. They only hung 8 more than we did on La Vega.

(4)The funny thing is if Sweetwater would have played our schedule they would be 1-4.

(5)It should be a great game and we should see the best both teams have to offer Friday night.

Well lets take this one point at a time shall we.

(1)Those games meant nothing. Bwood obviously puts more stock in them than Wylie does, and for what? Did that one last year get you into the playoffs? No I didnt think so.

(2) They wont need to. Your D hasnt shown they can stop anything. Wylie should move up and down the field easily.

(3) I never said they were prolific. But against your D they really dont need to be to score lots of points.

(4) :confused: Uhhh your playing Wylie this week not Sweetwater, so what does this have to do with anything this week? You may in fact be correct, but then again, what the hell does it have to do with this thread or this week?:doh:

(5) Well you at least finished your post with an intelligent point, so it at least wasnt a complete waste of time.:p

SNYDER325TIGERS
10-05-2008, 12:28 AM
I gave you my reasons...what are yours? What answer does Wylie have for Brownwood's offense? You think you know, but you have no earthly idea what's coming your way.

Brownwood 49
Abilene Wylie 35

Probably be worse.

So should all the Wylie fans be prepared for a area wide disaster?

Everyone better go get lots of emergency supplies something bad is coming your way...:rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

SNYDER325TIGERS
10-05-2008, 12:36 AM
We went to state semifinals last year where were you?

Yea where the hell were they bro??? I sure didn't see them.

I'm starting to dislike some people after reading this thread...it's cool to say your going to win but to sit there thinking their billy badasses over there in brownwood isn't so cool.

SNYDER325TIGERS
10-05-2008, 12:38 AM

I guarentee your high and mighty self that Sandifer will have a plan to stop your little passing game...once bwoods qb is contained and he will be they aren't nothing.

kepdawg
10-05-2008, 12:39 AM

I'm starting to dislike some people after reading this thread...it's cool to say your going to win but to sit there thinking their billy badasses over there in brownwood isn't so cool.

Yeah! They didn't have a piece of cake district!

SNYDER325TIGERS
10-05-2008, 12:43 AM
Originally posted by STANG RED Sorry Rocket, but that prolific passing attack coming to Bulldog stadium with an extremely unimpressive 2-3 record doesnt say much for it. Truth is, no matter how many points your O has put up, your D has allowed more,,,,,,,,,,,= lose!!!Do you really think those Wylie coaches that have seen every offense there is, hasnt seen a few top notch passing attacks in their day? Of course they have! And I've seen them play against several of them, and beat them. I promise Tha Wood will not throw even 1 thing at Wylie that they havent seen before. And given the fact that Sandifer and co. have had 2 weeks to prepare for that highly vaunted passing attack (the one with the 2-3 record), I think you will see that they will be very well prepared to slow it down. They may not stop it, but they dont have to. Tha Wood D will simply give up too many points for the O to make up for. By the way, I asked LH. They said your D is weak, so your O didnt matter.

:clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:

SNYDER325TIGERS
10-05-2008, 12:47 AM
Originally posted by kepdawg Yeah! They didn't have a piece of cake district!

Well if you haven't forgot our district includes wylie, bwood, graham, breck, and snyder....you might want to put "pre" in front of that if you wanna say we had a piece of cake "PRE-DISTRICT"This is a Bwood/Wylie thread in the first place so don't be gettin crap started about who snyder has played!:rolleyes: :mad:

SNYDER325TIGERS
10-05-2008, 12:54 AM
Where was all that great coaching the last 2 seasons for Wylie? when we had a much weaker overall offense? Give me a break, dude. I know one thing for sure, at this point, Wylie will have nothing we haven't seen before and we don't run the ball all game like La Vega and Liberty Hill. Get ready.

Give me a break. You act like Wylie is unbeatable. They have lost 2 games and we have lost 3. WOW.. big difference. If they are so prolific, how come they didn't hang more then 25 on LH's defense? Come on now. They only hung 8 more than we did on La Vega. The funny thing is if Sweetwater would have played our schedule they would be 1-4.

Our defense is coming along. That will be the only thing I am worried about. But we have good coaches as well and Brownwood is already up for this one. It should be a great game and we should see the best both teams have to offer Friday night.

Man thats just a bunch of crap...first of all Wylie has a great coaching staff, Sandifer is probally one of the top 10 coachs in the state.

And your acting like Brownwood is unbeatable when there 2-3.

And Bwood got raped by La Vega.

Your playing in the dawgs house like La Vega did and got beat.

It's hard to beat Wylie at home.

SNYDER325TIGERS
10-05-2008, 12:58 AM
Originally posted by STANG RED Well lets take this one point at a time shall we.(1)Those games meant nothing. Bwood obviously puts more stock in them than Wylie does, and for what? Did that one last year get you into the playoffs? No I didnt think so.(2) They wont need to. Your D hasnt shown they can stop anything. Wylie should move up and down the field easily.(3) I never said they were prolific. But against your D they really dont need to be to score lots of points.(4) :confused: Uhhh your playing Wylie this week not Sweetwater, so what does this have to do with anything this week? You may in fact be correct, but then again, what the hell does it have to do with this thread or this week?:doh: (5) Well you at least finished your post with an intelligent point, so it at least wasnt a complete waste of time.:p

Red I agree with you, and your from Sweetwater! lolBwood posters need to worry about how their ganna stop Wylie, not about if Sweetwater had their schedule.

kepdawg
10-05-2008, 01:01 AM
Well if you haven't forgot our district includes wylie, bwood, graham, breck, and snyder....you might want to put "pre" in front of that if you wanna say we had a piece of cake "PRE-DISTRICT"This is a Bwood/Wylie thread in the first place so don't be gettin crap started about who snyder has played!:rolleyes: :mad:

Last time I checked you were in a 4 team district with Greenwood, Lamesa, and Andrews last year! It would have been fun to see what Snyder could have done against Cove, Waco, etc...

JR2004
10-05-2008, 01:05 AM
It would have been fun to see what Snyder could have done against Cove, Waco, etc...

Kep Abilene vs. Paschal gave us a preview of what that might've looked like!

SNYDER325TIGERS
10-05-2008, 01:06 AM
Last time I checked you were in a 4 team district with Greenwood, Lamesa, and Andrews last year! It would have been fun to see what Snyder could have done against Cove, Waco, etc...

What who knows what we could have done cause we didn't play them, and won't.

Why are you talking about last year anyway, when this is now?
I don't live in the past, were in a 6 team district now with Wylie, Graham, Breckenridge, Sweetwater, Brownwood, and Snyder.

Like I said before, this thread is not about Snyder's district, if you want to discuss past years make a damn thread.

kepdawg
10-05-2008, 01:25 AM
What who knows what we could have done cause we didn't play them, and won't.

Why are you talking about last year anyway, when this is now?
I don't live in the past, were in a 6 team district now with Wylie, Graham, Breckenridge, Sweetwater, Brownwood, and Snyder.

Like I said before, this thread is not about Snyder's district, if you want to discuss past years make a damn thread.

Listen here you little punk! I replied to your thread talking about last year! So don't tell me you don't live in the past! Of course I don't blame you for not wanting to live in the past! I'm sure it doesn't look good from Snyder's point of view when you look back at the past of Brownwood, Breckenridge, Abilene Wylie, and Sweetwater! It must be kind of tough for Snyder to live up to the standards of its district counterparts!

Trashman
10-05-2008, 03:12 AM
Brownwood by 7. Because Wiley can't defend the pass and we can't run the ball.........or can we?:D

Lion_Addict
10-05-2008, 08:34 AM
Listen here you little punk! I replied to your thread talking about last year! So don't tell me you don't live in the past! Of course I don't blame you for not wanting to live in the past! I'm sure it doesn't look good from Snyder's point of view when you look back at the past of Brownwood, Breckenridge, Abilene Wylie, and Sweetwater! It must be kind of tough for Snyder to live up to the standards of its district counterparts!

:clap: :clap: :clap: Give it to his little diarrhea of the mouth buttmunchin a$$!

Lion_Addict
10-05-2008, 08:50 AM

Another one that is still caught up in last year :rolleyes: . Still gleaming about that Baseball title huh?

Awwwww.......somebody's a little bit sensitive :evillol: . Stop :bigcry: ......borrow one of your Snyder buddy's crusty ole hankies and suck it up.
As you mentioned in another post, this is a "Brownwood/Wylie" thread.......you'll get your turn on down the road about 4 weeks Sunshine. Now, why dontcha just move along on over to a mighty tigger thread and let us big boys have our fun :kiss:

WTF-82
10-05-2008, 09:42 AM
This will be a good one but I gotta go with Wylie just better defense and so well coached. Defense of Wylie is the diffrence.

Wylie 28-17

garciap77
10-05-2008, 09:47 AM

Because you QB will be on the ground most of the game!

http://i220.photobucket.com/albums/dd185/garciap77/Project1-1.jpg

How is that for reality?

:D

STANG RED
10-05-2008, 09:50 AM
Originally posted by ***-82
This will be a good one but I gotta go with Wylie just better defense and so well coached. Defense of Wylie is the diffrence.

Wylie 28-17

Agreed, but I do see more points being scored on each side, and a bit closer. Maybe 31-28 Wylie. And could be even more points than that for both. I see both offenses moving the ball well, but Wylie being better in the red zone. Bwood will need to score from 20+ out.

garciap77
10-05-2008, 09:52 AM

Brownwood 49
Abilene Wylie 35

Probably be worse.

May I WylieBulldog92 ?

Thanks!

It's called QB on the ground most of the game!

Rocket
10-05-2008, 09:59 AM
Agreed, but I do see more points being scored on each side, and a bit closer. Maybe 31-28 Wylie. And could be even more points than that for both. I see both offenses moving the ball well, but Wylie being better in the red zone. Bwood will need to score from 20+ out.

How do you stop 2 WR's that are 6'4 and 6'5 from catching a fade in the red zone? Ya see, we just throw it up real high, and then we let them jump up 10' to get it. Unstoppable. Well you can interfere, but that will just put us on the 1.

We have punted 1 time in 2 games and scored 99 points. We love the Red Zone.

Honestly, it is going to be a war. Sandifer and Freeman know each other real well. Wylie's defense is good on the front 7, but Brownwood can deal with it. It is a matchup issue. What we do best outmatches that Front 7. Your Red Zone theory isn't adding up matchup wise. If they blitz the whole game, Brownwood will make them pay dearly. Big gamble.

I am not guaranteeing a win. It can go either way. My prediction still stands.

Rocket
10-05-2008, 10:00 AM
May I WylieBulldog92 ?

Thanks!

It's called QB on the ground most of the game!

Who won that game?

STANG RED
10-05-2008, 10:17 AM
How do you stop 2 WR's that are 6'4 and 6'5 from catching a fade in the red zone? Ya see, we just throw it up real high, and then we let them jump up 10' to get it. Unstoppable. Well you can interfere, but that will just put us on the 1.

We have punted 1 time in 2 games and scored 99 points. We love the Red Zone.

Honestly, it is going to be a war. Sandifer and Freeman know each other real well. Wylie's defense is good on the front 7, but Brownwood can deal with it. It is a matchup issue. What we do best outmatches that Front 7. Your Red Zone theory isn't adding up matchup wise. If they blitz the whole game, Brownwood will make them pay dearly. Big gamble.

I am not guaranteeing a win. It can go either way. My prediction still stands.

Yeah that jump ball may be your best weapon in the red zone all right. But if the Wylie D is doing a good job of getting after the QB, they may be able to mess that timing up just enough to stop it a few times, which may be the difference. Just a slight overthrow is incomplete, and a slight underthrow will be an int.
This game will be a chess match as much as it will be a war. Thats the main reason I have to give a slight edge to Sandifer. Although it will all come down to how well a bunch of 16-18 yo boys play the game in the end. And we all know thats a wild card every time out.

Rocket
10-05-2008, 10:30 AM
Yeah that jump ball may be your best weapon in the red zone all right. But if the Wylie D is doing a good job of getting after the QB, they may be able to mess that timing up just enough to stop it a few times, which may be the difference. Just a slight overthrow is incomplete, and a slight underthrow will be an int.
This game will be a chess match as much as it will be a war. Thats the main reason I have to give a slight edge to Sandifer. Although it will all come down to how well a bunch of 16-18 yo boys play the game in the end. And we all know thats a wild card every time out.

My bad, I forgot to mention the kid throwing the ball to those 2 WR's. You might want to check his stats. The kid turned down some big time schools to go TCU. He has such a good relationship with those 2 WR's that it is the closest thing I have seen to automatic. Oh and he is 6'5" as well...He needs 1 second to throw that fade. I believe he had close to 200 yards rushing on Wylie last season. Ouch. You hear that? 200 yards? LOL

Just understand that Freeman is 2-0 in the chess match so far, and this time Freeman has more weapons. I know you worship Wylie and Brownwood has alot to prove in your eyes, but Wylie doesn't scare Brownwood as much as they do Sweetwater and Snyder. You were right about the last 2 years and the game not meaning anything, well, it meant one thing, Brownwood beat Wylie.

Oh and one more thing, everybody in our District is officially 0-0 now.

I agree, anything can happen. That is why I will be there to watch it. I love watching the anything happen.

Rocket
10-05-2008, 10:55 AM
Red I agree with you, and your from Sweetwater! lolBwood posters need to worry about how their ganna stop Wylie, not about if Sweetwater had their schedule.

Where are you from? You might need to worry about Snyder and quit worrying about Wylie, "The Unbeatable", verses Brownwood "The Terrible". Kid, you have no earthly idea about Brownwood Football. You think Brownwood hasn't seen anything like Abilene Wylie before? LOL You think Brownwood hasn't played and beat their program and their Master coach before? Get a real clue. I know you are caught up in all the smack talk of this Big Game, but my goodness, don't get mad at us Brownwood posters if we think we can lay THE WOOD to Wylie. That is just ridiculous. This is not an un-winnable game for Brownwood. There is not an opponent in 3A that Brownwood can't hang with. We have proven it. So let's sit back and see what happens and get over yourself, SNYDER325BULLDOGS.

STANG RED
10-05-2008, 11:04 AM
My bad, I forgot to mention the kid throwing the ball to those 2 WR's. You might want to check his stats. The kid turned down some big time schools to go TCU. He has such a good relationship with those 2 WR's that it is the closest thing I have seen to automatic. Oh and he is 6'5" as well...He needs 1 second to throw that fade. I believe he had close to 200 yards rushing on Wylie last season. Ouch. You hear that? 200 yards? LOL

Just understand that Freeman is 2-0 in the chess match so far, and this time Freeman has more weapons. I know you worship Wylie and Brownwood has alot to prove in your eyes, but Wylie doesn't scare Brownwood as much as they do Sweetwater and Snyder. You were right about the last 2 years and the game not meaning anything, well, it meant one thing, Brownwood beat Wylie.

Oh and one more thing, everybody in our District is officially 0-0 now.

I agree, anything can happen. That is why I will be there to watch it. I love watching the anything happen.

You keep emphasizing your offense, which I have no arguement at all with. I know your QB is awesome, and I'm sure your right about his relationship with those WRs. Bwood will score no doubt! It is the Bwood defense that I think is the weak link that will get you beat.
The Wylie D on the other hand is not a weakness.

Rocket
10-05-2008, 11:39 AM
You keep emphasizing your offense, which I have no arguement at all with. I know your QB is awesome, and I'm sure your right about his relationship with those WRs. Bwood will score no doubt! It is the Bwood defense that I think is the weak link that will get you beat.
The Wylie D on the other hand is not a weakness.

All our defense has to do is stop Wylie a few times and we win. I understand your point of view and I would agree with you if all Brownwood did was run, but our strengths are going to exploit Wylie's weaknesses. It is not a good matchup for Wylie. With that said, I understand your point about Brownwood's defense, but all this adds up to is a shootout, and I will take our offense over Wylie's offense anyday.

The thing about ball control offense is you can't screw up against a good team and win. Yo have to play great defense and you have to milk the clock and you have to score. I do not think Wylie has it in them. They are used to playing the old school game. We play the new school game and in this situation, it is tough to beat.

STANG RED
10-05-2008, 11:54 AM
All our defense has to do is stop Wylie a few times and we win. I understand your point of view and I would agree with you if all Brownwood did was run, but our strengths are going to exploit Wylie's weaknesses. It is not a good matchup for Wylie. With that said, I understand your point about Brownwood's defense, but all this adds up to is a shootout, and I will take our offense over Wylie's offense anyday.

The thing about ball control offense is you can't screw up against a good team and win. Yo have to play great defense and you have to milk the clock and you have to score. I do not think Wylie has it in them. They are used to playing the old school game. We play the new school game and in this situation, it is tough to beat.

Yes, but I would take Wylie's defense over Bwood's anyday. And the best defense will win 90% of these type games. Also, Wylie normally has a very balance offense that can mix the run/pass about 50/50, so the defense is constantley guessing. So a suspect defense is especially at a disadvantage against a well balanced attack. I just dont see the Bwood defense being able to stop the Wylie offense enough to out score them. Wylie should win the clock battle, which will keep the Bwood O off the field too much, and will have the better defense. Having said all that, just one lucky break either way could be huge, and could easily determine the outcome, and often does in these type games. Thats what I'm going to be looking for in this game, and I think it's going to be easy to identify when we see it.

WylieBulldog92
10-05-2008, 01:28 PM
Wow Rocket way to show your very true colors, you think EVERYone is completely ignorant and have no way to answer your questions correctly, you also only put down the other teams and posters instead of making an intelligent well-proven point, I seriously think you need to take a break and just read the board instead of posting to everything you see.

Rocket
10-05-2008, 01:40 PM
Wow Rocket way to show your very true colors, you think EVERYone is completely ignorant and have no way to answer your questions correctly, you also only put down the other teams and posters instead of making an intelligent well-proven point, I seriously think you need to take a break and just read the board instead of posting to everything you see.

Why are you crying? :weeping:

Wow..I am not mean, you are just a big sissy.

Did you see what I was responding to?
How about this, if you can't handle it, why don't you just read and not post.

Are we going to butt pat or talk smack? LOL
Have some fun dude and lighten up. I have mixed some butt patting in there for you overly sensitive types. I don't think everybody is ignorant, but I do think I have a strong case and I will argue it. Talk noise man... it's all in fun. Oh and quit your crying.

The other teams are talking more noise than Brownwood and Wylie combined, I have to compensate. LOL

This is the biggest game for Brownwood so far this season, why would I stop posting?

WylieBulldog92
10-05-2008, 01:44 PM

Have some fun dude and lighten up. I have mixed some butt patting in there for you overly sensitive types. I don't think everybody is ignorant, but I do think I have a strong case and I will argue it. Talk noise man... it's all in fun. Oh and quit your crying.

The other teams are talking more noise than Brownwood and Wylie combined, I have to compensate. LOL

This is the biggest game for Brownwood so far this season, why would I stop posting?
Point proven

Rocket
10-05-2008, 02:09 PM
You proved my point as well.

garciap77
10-05-2008, 02:40 PM
I hope BW wins because there are less BW people on here than there are non-BW people!

Kep you' re not being 100% serious. And you're joking and you like people who joke.

;)

Snydertigersrul
10-05-2008, 02:43 PM

Maybe he is crying because he is beginning to realize that Brownwood might not win a state championship. I would be concerned if my team was 2-3 with both wins coming over CUPCAKES.

Stownhorse
10-05-2008, 02:49 PM

1st, Are you a scout for them? 2nd, LH's secondary never has been their strong point. 3rd, its Wylie, they arent dumb. They will show up ready to stop the pass.

garciap77
10-05-2008, 03:00 PM

Stang you know very well that the blow out scores posted by most posters are just in fun! Anyone in their right mind knows this game should be close. Stats and records go out the window in a game like this. This game should go to the last second!

Rocket
10-05-2008, 03:03 PM
Stang you know very well that the blow out scores posted by most posters are just in fun! Anyone in their right mind knows this game should be close. Stats and records go out the window in a game like this. This game should go to the last second!

I agree 100%.

garciap77
10-05-2008, 03:04 PM
Originally posted by Lion_Addict
:doh: Still doing that "stuff" ya got from Nobogey I see :rolleyes: . Poor thing. Earth to garcia77......snap outta it dude. It's making you sound like all the clueless Snyder posters. Well, with the exception of DaHop of course....:D (lost that smiley by the way :nerd: )

Let me show you clueless:

http://i220.photobucket.com/albums/dd185/garciap77/pinkrocket-1.jpg

STANG RED
10-05-2008, 03:13 PM

OK fine then. In that case Sweetwater will beat Bwood by 100, but will only beat Wylie by 97, because I believe Wylie is a 3 point better team than tha wood.:p :D

garciap77
10-05-2008, 03:14 PM
Oh so now you are telling me what I will say? You didn't hurt my feelings at all. LOL If somebody makes a good point, then so be it.

Try this for a good point, by Stang Red probably the most level headed poster in the 3ADL (sorry DaHop72).

garciap77
10-05-2008, 03:34 PM
Who won that game?

The pic was showing where your QB will most of the game, not who won the game! You know who won the game!

http://i220.photobucket.com/albums/dd185/garciap77/CAUV9OJE-1.jpg

Stop living in the past!

garciap77
10-05-2008, 03:42 PM
Where are you from? You might need to worry about Snyder and quit worrying about Wylie, "The Unbeatable", verses Brownwood "The Terrible". Kid, you have no earthly idea about Brownwood Football. You think Brownwood hasn't seen anything like Abilene Wylie before? LOL You think Brownwood hasn't played and beat their program and their Master coach before? Get a real clue. I know you are caught up in all the smack talk of this Big Game, but my goodness, don't get mad at us Brownwood posters if we think we can lay THE WOOD to Wylie. That is just ridiculous. This is not an un-winnable game for Brownwood. There is not an opponent in 3A that Brownwood can't hang with. We have proven it. So let's sit back and see what happens and get over yourself, SNYDER325BULLDOGS.

Wait isn't La Vega 3A!

:confused:

Easy now "Spin Doctor"!

:D :D :D

garciap77
10-05-2008, 03:50 PM
OK fine then. In that case Sweetwater will beat Bwood by 100, but will only beat Wylie by 97, because I believe Wylie is a 3 point better team than tha wood.:p :D

Stang, I don't think people realize how good Sweetwater really is! I think many will be surprised at the end of the season!:)

Rocket
10-05-2008, 04:10 PM
Wait isn't La Vega 3A!

Easy now "Spin Doctor"!

Won't be repeated. I hope we play La Vega again this season to prove it... :D

garciap77
10-05-2008, 04:12 PM
Won't be repeated. I hope we play La Vega again this season to prove it... :D

Rocket
10-05-2008, 04:14 PM
Originally posted by Stownhorse
1st, Are you a scout for them? 2nd, LH's secondary never has been their strong point. 3rd, its Wylie, they arent dumb. They will show up ready to stop the pass.

If LH's secondary isn't their strong point and this is common knowledge (after Brownwood busted them wide open), how come Sandifer waited until their starting safety was out for a few plays to throw deep? Hmmm... I would think Coach Genius would have thrown all day on LH and scored many points, but that wasn't the case. :confused:

As BEAST said earlier, Wylie is a jack of all trades and a master of none.

garciap77
10-05-2008, 04:26 PM
If LH's secondary isn't their strong point and this is common knowledge (after Brownwood busted them wide open), how come Sandifer waited until their starting safety was out for a few plays to throw deep? Hmmm... I would think Coach Genius would have thrown all day on LH and scored many points, but that wasn't the case. :confused:

That's no different than BW Coach using his 6'-4" or whatever tall WRs to score many points in your first 5 game! That would make you :thinking: :thinking: :thinking: 5-0!

Rocket! Make some adjustments!

stop the:

Will stop the:

http://i220.photobucket.com/albums/dd185/garciap77/EatCrow1-1.png

Stownhorse
10-05-2008, 04:47 PM

They dont like to go deep. They pick you apart on the short game.

Rocket
10-05-2008, 04:48 PM
Originally posted by Stownhorse
They dont like to go deep. They pick you apart on the short game.

Hmmmmm...:thinking:

Nevermind.

garciap77
10-05-2008, 04:55 PM
Hmmmmm...:thinking:

Nevermind.

Rocket you are getting soft! What's up
http://i220.photobucket.com/albums/dd185/garciap77/AJTTABTCA3HLU6UCA2L2U4ICAHXA2XSCADJ.jpg!!!!!!!

IHStangFan
10-05-2008, 04:59 PM
I hope I win the Lottery.:rolleyes: LOL!! nice!

AW 38
Bwood 28

Rocket
10-05-2008, 05:02 PM
Did you see Wylie Slice get knocked out last night? All hype, no results...Thats me cheering!

http://cdn.cagepotato.com/www/wp-content/uploads/2008/10/skala-freaks-out.jpg

IHStangFan
10-05-2008, 05:03 PM
That's no different than BW Coach using his 6'-4" or whatever tall WRs to score many points in your first 5 game! That would make you :thinking: :thinking: :thinking: 5-0!

Rocket! Make some adjustments!

stop the:

Will stop the:

http://i220.photobucket.com/albums/dd185/garciap77/EatCrow1-1.png

:D LOL.....excellent....I'm really enjoying this rivalry and I don't even have a dog in this fight.

IHStangFan
10-05-2008, 05:04 PM
Did you see Wylie Slice get knocked out last night? All hype, no results...Thats me cheering!

http://cdn.cagepotato.com/www/wp-content/uploads/2008/10/skala-freaks-out.jpg LMAO...Wylie Slice?! That's my new phrase of the week.

garciap77
10-05-2008, 05:09 PM
Originally posted by IHStangFan
LMAO...Wylie Slice?! That's my new phrase of the week.

I have a better one about Brownwood, but I am not prepared to pull a Go Blue, you know what I mean!:D

Rocket
10-05-2008, 05:17 PM
I have a better one about Brownwood, but I am not prepared to pull a Go Blue, you know what I mean!:D

BEAST had the best of all.. but it got censored.

It will reappear on BrownwoodLions.com this week.

IHStangFan
10-05-2008, 05:18 PM
I have a better one about Brownwood, but I am not prepared to pull a Go Blue, you know what I mean!:D Pulling a Go Blue...that's kinda like driving a dump truck full of C4 wide open into a nitroglycerin plant isn't it? :D

garciap77
10-05-2008, 05:41 PM
BEAST had the best of all.. but it got censored.

It will reappear on BrownwoodLions.com this week.

That was a good one, but doesn't that break your BrownwoodLions.com rules?

If it doen't break the rules, I might join your site!

garciap77
10-05-2008, 05:52 PM

That don't look like you!
:lies::lies::lies:

Meet the real Rodney Davis "click here" http://www.repetrope.com/men/competitors/detail.asp?CompetitorID=351

WylieBulldog92
10-05-2008, 06:03 PM

My thoughts on what Rocket looked like were correct.:nerd: :spitlol:

IHStangFan
10-05-2008, 06:10 PM
My thoughts on what Rocket looked like were correct.:nerd: :spitlol: kinda looks like a Miami Vice/Don Johnson wanna be w/ a buncha bling and a grill that looks like his parents fed him gravel when he was a kid. :D

OH YES I DID!!!

Rocket
10-05-2008, 06:23 PM
My thoughts on what Rocket looked like were correct.:nerd: :spitlol:

Another non football related post by WB92..who would have thought.

garciap77
10-05-2008, 06:32 PM
Another non football related post by WB92..who would have thought.

Yeah! Here is another!

I hope I win the Lottery.:rolleyes:

I do not know what this posters are thinking!

;)

Rocket
10-05-2008, 07:47 PM
Yeah! Here is another!

I do not know what this posters are thinking!

;)

This posters?:thinking:

IHStangFan
10-05-2008, 07:51 PM
This posters?:thinking: that's West Texas for "youse guys" :D

garciap77
10-05-2008, 07:52 PM
This posters?:thinking:

Thanks again Rocket! I bought you a gift:

http://i220.photobucket.com/albums/dd185/garciap77/rHwzV.jpg

Hope you like it!:D

Mustangpride09
10-05-2008, 08:37 PM
How tall are AW starting cornerbacks? Just wondering.

garciap77
10-05-2008, 08:51 PM
Originally posted by Mustangpride09
How tall are AW starting cornerbacks? Just wondering.

Not too tall. They range from 5'-4" to about 6'.

SNYDER325TIGERS
10-06-2008, 01:37 AM
Originally posted by garciap77 May I WylieBulldog92 ? Thanks!http://i220.photobucket.com/albums/dd185/garciap77/Project1-1.jpgIt's called QB on the ground most of the game!:D

Pachall will be seeing a lot of Jesse Jennings.

SNYDER325TIGERS
10-06-2008, 01:42 AM
Wow, honestly I thought people would make Wylie the underdog in this one, but I guess not.

I like the numbers right now.

nobogey72
10-06-2008, 06:32 AM
ATTN Brownwood posters: You might mention to Coach Freeman that there are 2 doors leading into the visitor's dressing room. One is the normal 8 foot door, but, the other is a 7 foot door. All of your WR's better use the 8 foot door, so they won't bump their heads on the way in.:rolleyes: :rolleyes:

Sweetwater Red
10-06-2008, 06:59 AM
ATTN Brownwood posters: You might mention to Coach Freeman that there are 2 doors leading into the visitor's dressing room. One is the normal 8 foot door, but, the other is a 7 foot door. All of your WR's better use the 8 foot door, so they won't bump their heads on the way in.:rolleyes: :rolleyes:

Keep this in mind nobogey. Sweetwater had a WR/TE/DE they
had listed at 6'7" his junior and senior years. His freshman
year at TCU they had him listed at 6'4". :thinking:

Looking4number8
10-06-2008, 07:04 AM

Gee thanks, we will let him know

garciap77
10-06-2008, 07:44 AM
Originally posted by Sweetwater Red
Keep this in mind nobogey. Sweetwater had a WR/TE/DE they
had listed at 6'7" his junior and senior years. His freshman
year at TCU they had him listed at 6'4". :thinking:

Now, how did he lose 3" in one summer? I wonder :thinking: if Rocket is in charge of updating the Brownwood Roster?:thinking:

Sweetwater Red
10-06-2008, 07:46 AM
Now, how did he lose 3" in one summer? I wonder :thinking: if Rocket is in charge of updating the Brownwood Roster?:thinking:

Either somebody exaggerated on our end....:thinking:

or

TCU has a wicked mean offseason program.:eek:

Texasfootball2
10-06-2008, 07:55 AM

And what has Brownwood master lately (in the last 10 yrs)?:doh: :thinking: Not excatly anything to brag about as far as titles, nor have you even play in a championship game. Wylie has played to 2 championship games and won a state championship as well as playing in the semi's twice. If Wylie's the master of none, what does that make the Brownwood program, :thinking: how about "the jack of no trades and the master on one", "Meaningless trash talking".:D

garciap77
10-06-2008, 08:00 AM
Originally posted by Texasfootball2
And what has Brownwood master lately (in the last 10 yrs)?:doh: :thinking: Not excatly anything to brag about as far as titles, nor have you even play in a championship game. Wylie has played to 2 championship games and won a state championship as well as playing in the semi's twice. If Wylie's the master of none, what does that make the Brownwood program, :thinking: how about "the jack of no trades and the master on one", "Meaningless trash talking".:D

:clap: :clap: :clap:

:2thumbsup

Rocket
10-06-2008, 09:31 AM

Not talking about titles. Talking about what they do in their schemes on offense this season. They do a little bit of everything and none of it good enough to scare anybody.

You can't compare Brownwood to Wylie the past 10 years...3A and 4A. I remember the year they won state and we spanked the crap out of them in a scrimmage...11-1 TD count I believe...I know a scrimmage is a scrimmage, but my goodness..you think Brownwood would have done some damage in 3A that year? I think so...

How about Master of Wylie the last 10 years? LOL They have never outdone Brownwood on the Football Field. Case Closed.
Nice try though...

ccmom
10-06-2008, 09:41 AM
There is not an opponent in 3A that Brownwood can't hang with. We have proven it. .

Waco LaVega 31
Brownwood 13.....hmmm, is that your idea of proving that you can "hang" with anybody in 3A? (You do remember the Wylie La Vega score, right?)

Oh, I see a later post where you said "Won't be repeated. I hope we play La Vega again this season to prove it."

So, which is it...you have already proven it (not!) or you want a second chance to prove it?

:thinking:

Rocket
10-06-2008, 09:51 AM
Originally posted by ccmom
Waco LaVega 31
Brownwood 13.....hmmm, is that your idea of proving that you can "hang" with anybody in 3A? (You do remember the Wylie La Vega score, right?)

Oh, I see a later post where you said "Won't be repeated. I hope we play La Vega again this season to prove it."

So, which is it...you have already proven it (not!) or you want a second chance to prove it?

Brownwood can hang with any team in 3A. Did you see the game? Do you know the details? It was Game 2, when did Wylie play them? Oh and it took perfect circumstances for them to pull that off. Come on now...not like they did it the whole game, it was tied at halftime. Everything that went wrong for Brownwood went wrong and everything could go right for LV went right. Just one of those games.

nobogey72
Waco LaVega 31

I don't even know you CCMOM, but will you marry me? Only 7 posts and already figured out how to hit the nail on the head.:clap: :clap: But, before you start feeling too good about yourself, just remember that winning a battle of wits with an unarmed opponent isn't all it's cracked up to be. Rocket tries really hard, just doesn't have a lot of ability.

Texasfootball2
Not talking about titles. Talking about what they do in their schemes on offense this season. They do a little bit of everything and none of it good enough to scare anybody.

You can't compare Brownwood to Wylie the past 10 years...3A and 4A. I remember the year they won state and we spanked the crap out of them in a scrimmage...11-1 TD count I believe...I know a scrimmage is a scrimmage, but my goodness..you think Brownwood would have done some damage in 3A that year? I think so...

How about Master of Wylie the last 10 years? LOL They have never outdone Brownwood on the Football Field. Case Closed.
Nice try though...

"A little bit of everything and none of it good enough to scare anybody," :thinking: Pretty bold (or Ignorant) statement from someone who hasn't even seen them play in person. Like I said earlier, "King of Meaningless Trash Talking."

And Scrimmage:thinking: If your clinging to some success in a scrimmage then your clinging to some table scraps. Every coach approaches scrimmages with a totally different philosophy. Freeman is high very intense and likes to come out of the gate rocking and rolling and usually puts a lot of emphasis on playing at a high level in scrimmages. Sandifer uses scrimmages to 1. evaluate kids at different positions 2. He only runs about 5 or 6 different plays during the entire scrimmage because he doesn't want to show anything. In other words "He doesn't care you wins, because he's not keeping score", unlike some people.

Wylie has lost or tied many scrimmages over the years to team who didn't even make the playoffs in the same year. Nobody who has been around Wylie cares anything about what happens in an "August" scrimmage, because we really enjoy the trips to the Metroplex in "December" to play football instead of having to decide whether or not to go watch the LIONS play someone in BASKETBALL or go watch WYLIE play in a DECEMBER FOOTBALL GAME.

"Now the Case is closed" :D

Rocket
10-06-2008, 09:53 AM
"A little bit of everything and none of it good enough to scare anybody," :thinking: Pretty bold (or Ignorant) statement from someone who hasn't even seen them play in person. Like I said earlier, "King of Meaningless Trash Talking."

And Scrimmage:thinking: If your clinging to some success in a scrimmage then your clinging to some table scraps. Every coach approaches scrimmages with a totally different philosophy. Freeman is high very intense and likes to come out of the gate rocking and rolling and usually puts a lot of emphasis on playing at a high level in scrimmages. Sandifer uses scrimmages to 1. evaluate kids at different positions 2. He only runs about 5 or 6 different plays during the entire scrimmage because he doesn't want to show anything

Wylie has lost or tied many scrimmages over the years to team who didn't even make the playoffs in the same year. Nobody who has been around Wylie cares anything about what happens in an "August" scrimmage, because we really enjoy the trips to the Metroplex in "December" to play football instead of having to decide whether or not to go watch the LIONS play someone in BASKETBALL or go watch WYLIE play in a DECEMBER FOOTBALL GAME.

"Now the Case is closed" :D

Explain the last 2 years then...
Brownwood is the Master of Wylie. Never been outdone on the football field by Wylie. Ever.

Like i said a scrimmage is a scrimmage, but 11-1? LOL

What do you have to say to that? Was Sandifer just losing games last year for strategy? LOL Give me a break.

Texasfootball2
10-06-2008, 09:56 AM
Explain the last 2 years then...
Brownwood is the Master of Wylie. Never been outdone on the football field by Wylie. Ever.

Like i said a scrimmage is a scrimmage, but 11-1? LOL

What do you have to say to that? Was Sandifer just losing games last year for strategy? LOL Give me a break.

No, but to take a philosophy from you a couple of post ago. Let's see your excuse was "is was week 2", and Let's see the past to years we played you on :thinking: week one. And had a chance to win both games in the last minute. I guess if it was week four we would have blown you out:D

nobogey72
10-06-2008, 09:58 AM
Brownwood can hang with any team in 3A. Did you see the game? Do you know the details? It was Game 2, when did Wylie play them? Oh and it took perfect circumstances for them to pull that off. Come on now...not like they did it the whole game, it was tied at halftime. Everything that went wrong for Brownwood went wrong and everything could go right for LV went right. Just one of those games.

Why didn't ya'll just throw fades to your 6'8 receivers all night? We played La Vega and their cornerbacks were in the 5'10 range. I thought that was all ya'll had to do. Now I know why you never have to eat crow. You just make an excuse and never have to admit that you let your "Roaring Lion" mouth overload your hamster ass.:doh: :eek: :D

Rocket
10-06-2008, 10:09 AM
Why didn't ya'll just throw fades to your 6'8 receivers all night? We played La Vega and their cornerbacks were in the 5'10 range. I thought that was all ya'll had to do. Now I know why you never have to eat crow. You just make an excuse and never have to admit that you let your "Roaring Lion" mouth overload your hamster ass.:doh: :eek: :D

I knew you Wylie fans would hang your hat on that La Vega game and that's fine. All that La Vega game did was show us whrere we needed to improve. If we played La Vega last week, different results.

Yeah I am just full of excuses... when it comes time to eat crow I have eaten it. La Vega beat us, and the only way they beat us is because our offense was on the field for 3:48 seconds in the 2nd Half. Like that happens all the time... on any level... :rolleyes:

Sandifer blew it just as bad on Liberty Hill. You could have killed them in the passing game... I bet he wishes he could get that game back..oh yeah that was Week 2 for you guys as well... Ya see? Growing pains.... Brownwood and Wylie are more alike than you think. Both coaches gear their teams to improve and peak right on time...I know you know that nobogey, you jackass. :D

Brownwood's passing offense is like a new toy. You have to learn how it works. But once you learn it, it sure is alot of fun and hard to beat.

Rocket
10-06-2008, 10:13 AM
No, but to take a philosophy from you a couple of post ago. Let's see your excuse was "is was week 2", and Let's see the past to years we played you on :thinking: week one. And had a chance to win both games in the last minute. I guess if it was week four we would have blown you out:D

Nope cuz we improve too... Week 1 for both teams. The only deciding factor is who has the most returning players that have actually played Varsity.

You got beat twice. No argument for that. Master of Wylie.
Nice try though... thank you come again....

Daddy D 11
10-06-2008, 10:14 AM
Sandifer blew it just as bad on Liberty Hill. You could have killed them in the passing game... I bet he wishes he could get that game back..oh yeah that was Week 2 for you guys as well... Ya see? Growing pains....

You act like it wasn't week 2 for LH and LV?:thinking:

Yes, maybe Sandifer and Freeman blew their games, but Vance sure didnt:D He had his team prepared to beat your team:2thumbsup

Rocket
10-06-2008, 10:16 AM
Originally posted by Daddy D 11
You act like it wasn't week 2 for LH and LV?:thinking:

Yes, maybe Sandifer and Freeman blew their games, but Vance sure didnt:D He had his team prepared to beat your team:2thumbsup

All about returning starters early in the season. La Vega had as many as LH I believe...LH may have had more. Well, seniors as well....

Did he have his team prepared for Burnet too? That great team? LOL I think not.

Yeah let's play the our team beat that team game... we all know how much that counts on a Friday night.

nobogey72
10-06-2008, 10:18 AM
I knew you Wylie fans would hang your hat on that La Vega game and that's fine. All that La Vega game did was show us whrere we needed to improve. If we played La Vega last week, different results.

Yeah I am just full of excuses... when it comes time to eat crow I have eaten it. La Vega beat us, and the only way they beat us is because our offense was on the field for 3:48 seconds in the 2nd Half. Like that happens all the time... on any level... :rolleyes:

Sandifer blew it just as bad on Liberty Hill. You could have killed them in the passing game... I bet he wishes he could get that game back..oh yeah that was Week 2 for you guys as well... Ya see? Growing pains.... Brownwood and Wylie are more alike than you think. Both coaches gear their teams to improve and peak right on time...I know you know that nobogey, you jackass.

Brownwood's passing offense is like a new toy. You have to learn how it works. But once you learn it, it sure is alot of fun and hard to beat.

"Brownwood's passing offense is like a new toy" ???????:confused: :confused: Hasn't he been the starter for 3 yrs? Damn, I wouldn't have thought it would take that long to figure it out. Maybe an IQ issure.:thinking:

Daddy D 11
10-06-2008, 10:19 AM
All about returning starters early in the season. La Vega had as many as LH I believe...LH may have had more. Well, seniors as well....

Did he have his team prepared for Burnet too? That great team? LOL I think not.

We still won:D

LH returned 3 starters on defense and 3 on offense, nice try though.

Rocket
10-06-2008, 10:20 AM
"Brownwood's passing offense is like a new toy" ???????:confused: :confused: Hasn't he been the starter for 3 yrs? Damn, I wouldn't have thought it would take that long to figure it out. Maybe an IQ issure.:thinking:

How many rushing yards did Pachall have on Wylie's great defense last year? 200? Embarrasing.

You calling Freeman a dumbass? Wait til I tell Janie...
Trust me, we were no where this good ofensively last season, and we have alot of the same players at skill positions.

Rocket
10-06-2008, 10:21 AM
We still won:D

LH returned 3 starters on defense and 3 on offense, nice try though.

How many seniors? Hmmm... thought so..

Yeah you pulled off a squeaker. Congrats.

Daddy D 11
10-06-2008, 10:23 AM
How many seniors?
I think 24. Give or take a few? That doesn't mean anything, most had very little playing time on varsity. A small handful shuffled in and out from time to time last year but besides that, there's alot of new faces.

What about Brownwood big guy?

Rocket
10-06-2008, 10:25 AM
I think 24. Give or take a few? That doesn't mean anything, most had very little playing time on varsity. A small handful shuffled in and out from time to time last year but besides that, there's alot of new faces.

What about Brownwood big guy?

Well, we are playing 8 Sophomores in regular rotation if that tells you anything. So the learning curve is still there.

I hear ya on the Seniors..just arguing with ya... ha ha

Daddy D 11
10-06-2008, 10:26 AM
Well, we are playing 8 Sophomores in regular rotation if that tells you anything. So the learning curve is still there.

I hear ya on the Seniors..just arguing with ya... ha ha
That's impressive. I didn't know ya'll were THAT young.

And i'm doing the same:kiss: But i won..so.

Daddy D 11
10-06-2008, 10:34 AM
Ok, here's my hypothesis for the game:

First and foremost, i hope its an absolute barn-burner. I missed the Brownwood game and i really want to see this vaunted offense in action. Secondly, i think that Wylie is going to bend alot durin this game on defense, but not break as much as some think. In front of that home crowd and with some leadership from Jennings, the Bulldogs will be okay on that side of the ball. Even though all i've heard all year is how bad Brownwoods defense is, i still think they will do fine Friday. Wylie didn't really establish a running game against us, so i don't see em' doing it against Brownwood either, and no one has really proven that they can pass all over Brownwood, its mostly been the run thats killed em':devil: :p It's going to come down to execution, i think we can all agree that Wylie's going to do a good job of this, so it's up to Brownwood if they can return the favor.

With that said, I dont think one team will win, nor do i want any one team to win..i just want this game to go into 5 overtimes:D

Black_Magic
10-06-2008, 10:39 AM
Wylie By 8 points is my pick. Wylie continues to introduce BWood to 3a and reminds them that its just as tough as 4a in just about every way.

Rocket
10-06-2008, 10:42 AM
Ok, here's my hypothesis for the game:

First and foremost, i hope its an absolute barn-burner. I missed the Brownwood game and i really want to see this vaunted offense in action. Secondly, i think that Wylie is going to bend alot durin this game on defense, but not break as much as some think. In front of that home crowd and with some leadership from Jennings, the Bulldogs will be okay on that side of the ball. Even though all i've heard all year is how bad Brownwoods defense is, i still think they will do fine Friday. Wylie didn't really establish a running game against us, so i don't see em' doing it against Brownwood either, and no one has really proven that they can pass all over Brownwood, its mostly been the run thats killed em':devil: :p It's going to come down to execution, i think we can all agree that Wylie's going to do a good job of this, so it's up to Brownwood if they can return the favor.

With that said, I dont think one team will win, nor do i want any one team to win..i just want this game to go into 5 overtimes:D

Good post...

Yep..as much as I talk smack, I respect Wylie. I think it will be a good balanced game and should come down to the 4th Quarter. Should be a barn burner, not sure if it will be though, I think Wylie has a better defense than anybody we have played, just not sure about the big play ability of the offense. Either way, you are right, it is about execution, always is..

Ok enough of this goofy sh- ow of emotions...

Rocket
10-06-2008, 10:43 AM
Originally posted by Black_Magic
Wylie By 8 points is my pick. Wylie continues to introduce BWood to 3a and reminds them that its just as tough as 4a in just about every way.

Not going to take your bait, BM... nice try though...

Daddy D 11
10-06-2008, 10:48 AM
Good post...

Yep..as much as I talk smack, I respect Wylie. I think it will be a good balanced game and should come down to the 4th Quarter. Should be a barn burner, not sure if it will be though, I think Wylie has a better defense than anybody we have played, just not sure about the big play ability of the offense. Either way, you are right, it is about execution, always is..

Ok enough of this goofy sh- ow of emotions...

I like it:clap: LOL

Wylie definitly has a good defense, i was very impressed with how they stuffed our running game. But, that was OUR running game, it wasn't Brownwood's passing game. We never tested their secondary, you obviously will. And they surprisingly made some big plays on offense, they ran some very well executed screen plays that tore us up. When they went to the spread, they looked damn good, so look for that. But then again..who doesn't look good out of the spread against LH :(

ccmom
10-06-2008, 10:59 AM

Sandifer blew it just as bad on Liberty Hill. You could have killed them in the passing game... I bet he wishes he could get that game back..oh yeah that was Week 2 for you guys as well... Ya see? Growing pains.... Brownwood and Wylie are more alike than you think. Both coaches gear their teams to improve and peak right on time...I know you know that nobogey, you jackass. :D

Ok...just to be clear...La Vega humiliates Brownwood in wk 2, but that was just because your offense didn't get enough time on the field. Whose fault was that? Surely not the Brownwood defense, because, after all, Brownwood can hang with any 3A team (as long as they get a second chance).:rolleyes:

I also find it interesting that you claim Wylie is "hanging on to the La Vega win"...this coming from the same person who can not stop talking about how Brownwood "owns" Wylie because they beat them previously...not previously THIS SEASON but in previous years. Come on now...

Do me a favor and bring me a flask of that "kool aid" you are drinking to the game on Friday. It must be liberating to not hold your team to the same standards by which you judge others.
;)

nobogey72
10-06-2008, 11:02 AM
Man O' Man! I can't believe that Black_Magic just completely shut Rocket down. I wouldn't have thought that Rocket would just throw in the towel that quickly. I guess Rocket FINALLY realizes that what Black_Magic was saying is actually true. By him not defending his 4A -3A blah, blah, blah, BS, it just proves that he believes what Black_Magic was saying.:thinking: :thinking:

BwdLions
10-06-2008, 11:03 AM
Because you QB will be on the ground most of the game!

How is that for reality?

It's funny to hear someone talk about something that "might" happen in the future as "reality." What about the ridiculous statement of Wylie having two OLBs that can run 10.5. There's very few athletes in the state that can run 10.5 in the 100 meters. However, I guess two of them play LB for Wylie. Give me a break. :doh:

nobogey72
10-06-2008, 11:04 AM
Ok...just to be clear...La Vega humiliates Brownwood in wk 2, but that was just because your offense didn't get enough time on the field. Whose fault was that? Surely not the Brownwood defense, because, after all, Brownwood can hang with any 3A team (as long as they get a second chance).:rolleyes:

I also find it interesting that you claim Wylie is "hanging on to the La Vega win"...this coming from the same person who can not stop talking about how Brownwood "owns" Wylie because they beat them previously...not previously THIS SEASON but in previous years. Come on now...

Do me a favor and bring me a flask of that "kool aid" you are drinking to the game on Friday. It must be liberating to not hold your team to the same standards by which you judge others.
;)

OK. CCMOM, are you currently seeing anyone?:inlove:

Ranger Mom
10-06-2008, 11:07 AM

;)

I think I have a new hero!!:D

nobogey72
10-06-2008, 11:09 AM
Originally posted by BwdLions
It's funny to hear someone talk about something that "might" happen in the future as "reality." What about the ridiculous statement of Wylie having two OLBs that can run 10.5. There's very few athletes in the state that can run 10.5 in the 100 meters. However, I guess two of them play LB for Wylie. Give me a break. :doh:

Go back and look at last spring's ARN Best Times in the Big Country, and tell me what you see by Gilmore and Perkins in the 100 and the 200. :doh: Best not to pop off till you know for sure what you are talking about. It makes you look foolish.:doh:

LH Panther Mom
10-06-2008, 11:09 AM
But then again..who doesn't look good out of the spread against LH :(
This year or in general? :p And leave us out of this, unless you are going to throw in point differential, which can only rightly mean that AW wins by 4. :p ;)

nobogey72
10-06-2008, 11:10 AM
I think I have a new hero!!:D

You leave her alone.:mad: I found her first.:inlove:

ccmom
10-06-2008, 11:11 AM
OK. CCMOM, are you currently seeing anyone?:inlove:

Gosh, after hearing all the stories about your wife, I think I'd better stay away from you. :kiss:

Ranger Mom
10-06-2008, 11:12 AM

I just plan to cheer her on from afar....no worries, I won't infringe upon your territory!!

Daddy D 11
10-06-2008, 11:16 AM
Originally posted by LH Panther Mom
This year or in general? :p And leave us out of this, unless you are going to throw in point differential, which can only rightly mean that AW wins by 4. :p ;)

You're not the boss of me:tongue:
:) And minus last year, mostly in general haha.

Lion_Addict
10-06-2008, 11:19 AM

:eek: :eek: :evillol: :1popcorn:

LH Panther Mom
10-06-2008, 11:20 AM
LMAO! :p

Black_Magic
10-06-2008, 11:23 AM
Not going to take your bait, BM... nice try though... Bait???:confused: Bait for what?? I think Wylie wins by 8. Seriously.

Lion_Addict
10-06-2008, 11:24 AM

:( That was boring. If you would have read what he PM'ed me.....well, nevermind :thinking: :D

Daddy D 11
10-06-2008, 11:24 AM

I saw Revere and Mr. Penny after the game:)
I took the girlfriend out to dinner instead of making the second half, still kicking myself in the butt:doh:

Sweetwater Red
10-06-2008, 11:25 AM

I don't think she would have anything incommon with you Wylie
posters. It sounds like she has opposable thumbs.:devil:

Daddy D 11
10-06-2008, 11:25 AM
:( That was boring. If you would have read what he PM'ed me.....well, nevermind :thinking: :D

stop it:lies:

LH Panther Mom
10-06-2008, 11:30 AM
I saw Revere and Mr. Penny after the game:)
I took the girlfriend out to dinner instead of making the second half, still kicking myself in the butt:doh:
:doh: :doh: I hope she enjoyed it! Heck, you could've taken her to dinner and probably still gotten there for the last 1:30.

Game goes into OT and AW's new-found kicker rips a 40-yarder for a 3-pt win. :eek:

Rocket
10-06-2008, 11:30 AM
Man O' Man! I can't believe that Black_Magic just completely shut Rocket down. I wouldn't have thought that Rocket would just throw in the towel that quickly. I guess Rocket FINALLY realizes that what Black_Magic was saying is actually true. By him not defending his 4A -3A blah, blah, blah, BS, it just proves that he believes what Black_Magic was saying.:thinking: :thinking:

No, I don't want to take on the whole 3A Downlow. LOL

Besides, I can see through him... he was tempting me... but I didn't give in.

BreckTxLonghorn
10-06-2008, 11:31 AM
An accountant's perspective using nothing but common opponents and numbers:

Versus LaVega, Wylie had 1.1 points for every La Vega point. Brownwood had .45.

Vs. LH, Wylie had .893; Brownwood had .875

Using La Vega as a key, and creating 14 points for loser ( I don't see any team scoring less than that), score is:

AW 34, BW 14

Using Liberty Hill as a key,

AW 15*, BW 14 (Hugh must've gone for 2!)

Averaging out the games....

AW 25*, BW 14

*Numbers are automatically rounded up as there are no partial points in football. If you got part of one point, you get the full point.

I got no dog in the fight, and no preference to be honest. But I didn't want to crunch my work's numbers today just yet, so this was a welcome distraction:)

Daddy D 11
10-06-2008, 11:32 AM
:doh: :doh: I hope she enjoyed it! Heck, you could've taken her to dinner and probably still gotten there for the last 1:30.

Game goes into OT and AW's new-found kicker rips a 40-yarder for a 3-pt win. :eek:

We almost did! Barely missed it, we got like 4 calls saying LH had lost on the way back from Georgetown.. i almost started crying on 29.

Rocket
10-06-2008, 11:36 AM

;)

Let me rephrase...

Right now, Brownwood can hang with any 3A Team.

Oh trust me, I am not hanging on to last season for this season's game. My point in bringing that up is they are acting like Brownwood has never played or beaten the likes of Wylie. just reminding them we have done it before, twice, not like it is an unattainable feat. ;)

You need to quit pulling crap out of context and then throwing it back in my face. If you think La Vega is an accurate portrayal of Brownwood, you are dead wrong. It was a one game collapse, and it isn't going to happen again.

Ranger Mom
10-06-2008, 11:39 AM
My point in bringing that up is they are acting like Brownwood has never played or beaten the likes of Wylie.

I had to laugh when I read that. That is EXACTLY how YOU act week in and week out!!

Rocket
10-06-2008, 11:40 AM
I had to laugh when I read that. That is EXACTLY how YOU act week in and week out!!

Shhhhhhh... be quiet.. don't tell. This time I have a leg to stand on. Because we have played 3A Wylie and we have beat them the last 2 years.

I think this is what fuels smack talk anyways...

Daddy D 11
10-06-2008, 11:40 AM
:clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:

LH Panther Mom
10-06-2008, 11:43 AM
Shhhhhhh... be quiet.. don't tell. This time I have a leg to stand on.
You can fool all of the people some of the time, and some of the people all of the time, but you can never fool "the moms". :devil: :p

Rocket
10-06-2008, 11:45 AM
You can fool all of the people some of the time, and some of the people all of the time, but you can never fool "the moms". :devil: :p

How true that is...

Daddy D 11

I beg to differ:taunt:

nobogey72
Hey, I just now remembered that on an earlier post, ROCKET called me a jackass. I thought we weren't supposed to call names. I'm telling. I would say that he needs to be reprimanded but Black_Magic has already spanked him pretty hard today. So, I choose not to press charges.

Rocket
10-06-2008, 11:47 AM
Hey, I just now remembered that on an earlier post, ROCKET called me a jackass. I thought we weren't supposed to call names. I'm telling. I would say that he needs to be reprimanded but Black_Magic has already spanked him pretty hard today. So, I choose not to press charges.

You called me a hamster ass...:rolleyes:

Daddy D 11
10-06-2008, 11:49 AM
You called me a hamster ass...:rolleyes:

Boys...Stop it:p

pirate4state
10-06-2008, 11:53 AM
I think BOTH of you are old enough to continue with the "smash talking" without resorting to calling EACH other names from here on out because if you don't, you both will be sitting on the sidelines. :)

ccmom
10-06-2008, 11:54 AM
Let me rephrase...

Oh trust me, I am not hanging on to last season for this season's game. My point in bringing that up is they are acting like Brownwood has never played or beaten the likes of Wylie. just reminding them we have done it before, twice, not like it is an unattainable feat. ;)

You need to quit pulling crap out of context and then throwing it back in my face. If you think La Vega is an accurate portrayal of Brownwood, you are dead wrong. It was a one game collapse, and it isn't going to happen again.

Nice try, lightweight...

Although I will agree that alot of what you say is "crap", I fail to see how I took it out of context. Apparently you felt the need to "rephrase" your previous comment after realizing that you contradicted yourself, so IMO my reply must have been right on.

Forgive me if I hurt your feelings. I guess I just thought that someone who makes such bold statements would be able to handle a lil ole "lightweight" like me.

I'll try not to be so hard on you...I wouldn't want to make you mad and miss out on that "kool aid".:D

BwdLions
10-06-2008, 11:55 AM
Originally posted by BreckTxLonghorn
An accountant's perspective using nothing but common opponents and numbers:

Versus LaVega, Wylie had 1.1 points for every La Vega point. Brownwood had .45.

Vs. LH, Wylie had .893; Brownwood had .875

Using La Vega as a key, and creating 14 points for loser ( I don't see any team scoring less than that), score is:

AW 34, BW 14

Using Liberty Hill as a key,

AW 15*, BW 14 (Hugh must've gone for 2!)

Averaging out the games....

AW 25*, BW 14

*Numbers are automatically rounded up as there are no partial points in football. If you got part of one point, you get the full point.

I got no dog in the fight, and no preference to be honest. But I didn't want to crunch my work's numbers today just yet, so this was a welcome distraction:)

Stop using your useless formulas. Every matchup is different. It doesn't matter who beat who and by how much. Get over it. Breck sucks.

Ranger Mom
10-06-2008, 11:57 AM
Stop using your useless formulas. Every matchup is different. It doesn't matter who beat who and by how much. Get over it. Breck sucks.

That was extremely rude!! Some of you posters REALLY made Brownwood look bad!!

Sweetwater Red
10-06-2008, 11:58 AM

:dispntd: :dispntd: :dispntd:

Ranger Mom
10-06-2008, 11:59 AM
Originally posted by Sweetwater Red
:dispntd: :dispntd: :dispntd:

Exactly.....I think they forgot how to have fun in Brownwood.......the majority of posters are EXTREMELY uptight, IMO!!

Texasfootball2
10-06-2008, 12:04 PM
Nope cuz we improve too... Week 1 for both teams. The only deciding factor is who has the most returning players that have actually played Varsity.

You got beat twice. No argument for that. Master of Wylie.
Nice try though... thank you come again.... \
The only thing that you are the MASTER at is Baiting Hooks

And for good programs is doesn't really matter how many "so called" returning players you have that actually played. Our leading rusher in the LH game was a JV player all year last year, and so was our QB. And sometimes you don't want the same returning players playing unless you are always looking for the same result:)

Sweetwater Red
10-06-2008, 12:05 PM
Exactly.....I think they forgot how to have fun in Brownwood.......the majority of posters are EXTREMELY uptight, IMO!!

And BreckTxLonghorn doesn't trash talk or pick sides. He has
represented his town very well on here in my opinion.

BreckTxLonghorn
10-06-2008, 12:06 PM

NUMBERS BAD GARRRR!

:weeping::weeping:Lighten up man, no need for insulting other towns. I tried to give a take without using any personal bias. I'm sure if I weighted it a little differently toward Brownwood (i.e. points scored in each game) you would have had no problem with it.

Breck may be 1-4, but at least we don't have a syndrome about it.

nobogey72
10-06-2008, 12:21 PM
I think BOTH of you are old enough to continue with the "smash talking" without resorting to calling EACH other names from here on out because if you don't, you both will be sitting on the sidelines. :)

HE STARTED IT!!!!!!!!

And, you will have to pm me and show me the quote where I have ever called him a name.:confused:

Lion_Addict
10-06-2008, 12:36 PM

:( I remember "fun"......way back in the good ole days when we talked about "poles" and "thongs". Dang, if we could just go back in time...... :p

Texasfootball2
10-06-2008, 12:38 PM
:( I remember "fun"......way back in the good ole days when we talked about "poles" and "thongs". Dang, if we could just go back in time...... :p

You don't have to go back in time. Those words are often used today. They have just taken on a whole new meaning:D

Texasfootball2
10-06-2008, 12:39 PM
:( I remember "fun"......way back in the good ole days when we talked about "poles" and "thongs". Dang, if we could just go back in time...... :p You need to be careful about using the words "fun" and "pole" in the same sentence with quotation marks. Rocket might get overly excited:)

Rocket
10-06-2008, 01:04 PM
Although I will agree that alot of what you say is "crap", I fail to see how I took it out of context. Apparently you felt the need to "rephrase" your previous comment after realizing that you contradicted yourself, so IMO my reply must have been right on.

Forgive me if I hurt your feelings. I guess I just thought that someone who makes such bold statements would be able to handle a lil ole "lightweight" like me.

I'll try not to be so hard on you...I wouldn't want to make you mad and miss out on that "kool aid".:D

I would agree that alot of it is crap too.. that is why it is called talking "smack" and some people call it talking "s*@!" if you want to get real.

If you think you are exposing me or something, too late, people see right through me already. You are about 6 weeks too late on all that. I am here to poke and jab for the fun of it and maybe throw in some football talk and build freindships. Those of you, like yourself, that take me seriously can't stand me or what I say, and that is fine with me, I don't have to see you on a daily basis so I really could careless.

I rephrased myself (or better yet made it clear for you so that you would understand where I am coming from) because you are one of those people that think the team you are in Week 2 is the same team you are in Week 6. I had to bring it down a level so that you could comprehend my meaning. Typical... :rolleyes:

You see a good team will improve week to week. They do things better than the week before. Sometimes this happens in only one aspect, and sometimes many, but the goal is to prepare for District and then play the games that count after you have had a few to improve and learn (especially with a team full of underclassmen). I hope this isn't the first time you are hearing this. Wouldn't doubt it.

As far as hurting my feelings? LOL Riiiiiiight... Not even close.
:cool:

Just having fun....:D

IHStangFan
10-06-2008, 01:05 PM
I would agree that alot of it is crap too.. that is why it is called talking "smack" and some people call it talking "s*@!" if you want to get real.

If you think you are exposing me or something, too late, people see right through me already. You are about 6 weeks too late on all that. I am here to poke and jab for the fun of it and maybe throw in some football talk and build freindships. Those of you, like yourself, that take me seriously can't stand me or what I say, and that is fine with me, I don't have to see you on a daily basis so I really could careless.

I rephrased myself (or better yet made it clear for you so that you would understand where I am coming from) because you are one of those people that think the team you are in Week 2 is the same team you are in Week 6. I had to bring it down a level so that you could comprehend my meaning. Typical... :rolleyes:

You see a good team will improve week to week. They do things better than the week before. Sometimes this happens in only one aspect, and sometimes many, but the goal is to prepare for District and then play the games that count after you have had a few to improve and learn (especially with a team full of underclassmen). I hope this isn't the first time you are hearing this. Wouldn't doubt it.

Just having fun....:D keep on rockin it Rocket! :clap:

garciap77
10-06-2008, 01:22 PM

Did someone order the Rocket Plater?

http://i220.photobucket.com/albums/dd185/garciap77/images9.jpg

garciap77
10-06-2008, 01:27 PM

The toy can break!

http://i220.photobucket.com/albums/dd185/garciap77/qb2-1.jpg

Then what you going to play with Rocket?

http://i220.photobucket.com/albums/dd185/garciap77/Silly_Index_small.jpg

Rocket
10-06-2008, 01:29 PM
The toy can break!

http://i220.photobucket.com/albums/dd185/garciap77/qb2-1.jpg

Then what you going to play with Rocket?

http://i220.photobucket.com/albums/dd185/garciap77/Silly_Index_small.jpg

Who won that game?

ccmom
10-06-2008, 01:30 PM

Just having fun....:D

Ok...we agree on another thing...I'm just "having fun", too. Why on earth would I throw in the kool aid comments if I was taking all of this seriously? Who said I couldn't stand you?

I just find it amusing that you continue to dismiss your loss to La Vega THIS season, while the other side of your mouth is barking about Brownwood beating Wylie LAST YEAR (and the year before...I know).

As far as you having to "bring it down a level" for me...that is, without a doubt, the funniest thing I have read on here to date.

Actually, if you would chill out and give me a chance, I think you might find me to be a fun person to go back and forth with.

;)

Lion_Addict
10-06-2008, 01:35 PM
Actually, if you would chill out and give me a chance, I think you might find me to be a fun person to go back and forth with.

;)

It's a trap!!!! Don't trust the women!!!! :D

Phantom Stang
10-06-2008, 01:37 PM
Wylie 31
Brownwood 24

garciap77
10-06-2008, 01:38 PM

http://i220.photobucket.com/albums/dd185/garciap77/16101w8tqzfekvi.gif

garciap77
10-06-2008, 01:39 PM

That's what happens when you send kids to College!

;)

garciap77
10-06-2008, 01:43 PM
Let me rephrase...

Did someone say http://i220.photobucket.com/albums/dd185/garciap77/CAUV9OJE-1.jpg!!!!!!!!!!!!!

garciap77
10-06-2008, 01:49 PM

Rocket you are getting schooled here son!

http://i220.photobucket.com/albums/dd185/garciap77/jumping0044.gif

garciap77
10-06-2008, 01:54 PM
Ok...we agree on another thing...I'm just "having fun", too. Why on earth would I throw in the kool aid comments if I was taking all of this seriously? Who said I couldn't stand you?

I just find it amusing that you continue to dismiss your loss to La Vega THIS season, while the other side of your mouth is barking about Brownwood beating Wylie LAST YEAR (and the year before...I know).

As far as you having to "bring it down a level" for me...that is, without a doubt, the funniest thing I have read on here to date.

;)

Nobogey is going to be mad!:D

garciap77
10-06-2008, 01:56 PM
Who won that game?

It's been so long I don't remember!

BwdLions
10-06-2008, 03:04 PM
Originally posted by BreckTxLonghorn
NUMBERS BAD GARRRR!

:weeping::weeping:Lighten up man, no need for insulting other towns. I tried to give a take without using any personal bias. I'm sure if I weighted it a little differently toward Brownwood (i.e. points scored in each game) you would have had no problem with it.

Breck may be 1-4, but at least we don't have a syndrome about it.

Okay, Okay, I'm sorry about being so rude. You're right, I'm a little uptight this week. I've got two big games to go to this week and both will have major implications on the post season. I'll be going to Abilene see the Lions play in Abilene Friday and then go to Dallas Sat. to watch the Horns play the sooners. I know I take it way too seriously.

Texasfootball2
10-06-2008, 03:17 PM
Okay, Okay, I'm sorry about being so rude. You're right, I'm a little uptight this week. I've got two big games to go to this week and both will have major implications on the post season. I'll be going to Abilene see the Lions play in Abilene Friday and then go to Dallas Sat. to watch the Horns play the sooners. I know I take it way too seriously.

Man, you may be in for a long weekend. I think in both of these games the result will be the same as the Civil War. "North" will beat the "South".:D

Rocket
10-06-2008, 03:22 PM

;)

All I said was in sarcasm. LOL And I didn't say you couldn't stand me, I said you couldn't stand what I post. You would be surprised how many can't stand me.

Do you know the details of the La Vega game? What they were able to do that night is not repeatable. It was a fluke at best. We traded blows with them evenly the first half - it was tied 14-14. Then we come out and kicked off to them and they put a long drive together getting 5 yards a play eating 6:00+ minutes of clock. They then kickoff and we muff it and they recover and eat another 4+ minutes off the clock. So they eat a whole quarter and we haven't touched the ball. We finally get it and by then our offense is so cold we get out there and we go 3 and out. By this time our defense is so tired from playing 10+ minutes straight that they are ineffective. La Vega broke no big plays on us all night, just the rinky dink 4-7 yards rushing over our outmatched defensive line. To sum it up, we had the ball for 3:48 seconds. With our help, La Vega ball controlled us the majority of the 2nd Half. The funny thing about it is that Liberty Hill was supposed to be better at ball control than La Vega. Not the same results. It was surreal at best. It was also Week 2.

So to tell me I am dismissing it is not true. I know AW is going to try and repeat what LV did. I just don't see another team limiting Brownwood to 3:48 seconds in one half, but anything could happen I guess.

And for the 20th time, I am not barking about Brownwood beating Wylie the last 2 years in any reference to us being able to win this year. I am being told that your coaches are superior, your team (in 3A) is superior, and you are a power 3A. All I said is if that is true, then why have we beat you the last 2 years? Is that not a good point? Sheesh.

I know you know the "if this team beat that team and that team beat this team then this team should win" is a bunch of crap as well. All we are hearing is records and La Vega. If that is all you are bringing to the table, then I am not worried at all. I am not hearing any football from Wylie (well nobogey had one post). I am hearing records and La Vega. All gracia does is post pictures and emoticons (what else is new).

Let's talk about whats going down this week. You won't get any points for beating La Vega 2 weeks ago and we won't get any from beating you the last 2 seasons. Oh and one more thing, you aren't playing La Vega, you are playing Brownwood. I am also thinking that Wylie is going to come out flat. I mean Brownwood did get beat by La Vega. Nothing to worry about for Wylie. LOL

We'll see...

Rocket
10-06-2008, 03:26 PM
Man, you may be in for a long weekend. I think in both of these games the result will be the same as the Civil War. "North" will beat the "South".:D

Who cares what you think. :rolleyes:

pirate4state
10-06-2008, 03:39 PM
All I said was in sarcasm. LOL And I didn't say you couldn't stand me, I said you couldn't stand what I post. You would be surprised how many can't stand me.

Do you know the details of the La Vega game? What they were able to do that night is not repeatable. It was a fluke at best. We traded blows with them evenly the first half - it was tied 14-14. Then we come out and kicked off to them and they put a long drive together getting 5 yards a play eating 6:00+ minutes of clock. They then kickoff and we muff it and they recover and eat another 4+ minutes off the clock. So they eat a whole quarter and we haven't touched the ball. We finally get it and by then our offense is so cold we get out there and we go 3 and out. By this time our defense is so tired from playing 10+ minutes straight that they are ineffective. La Vega broke no big plays on us all night, just the rinky dink 4-7 yards rushing over our outmatched defensive line. To sum it up, we had the ball for 3:48 seconds. With our help, La Vega ball controlled us the majority of the 2nd Half. The funny thing about it is that Liberty Hill was supposed to be better at ball control than La Vega. Not the same results. It was surreal at best. It was also Week 2.

So to tell me I am dismissing it is not true. I know AW is going to try and repeat what LV did. I just don't see another team limiting Brownwood to 3:48 seconds in one half, but anything could happen I guess.

And for the 20th time, I am not barking about Brownwood beating Wylie the last 2 years in any reference to us being able to win this year. I am being told that your coaches are superior, your team (in 3A) is superior, and you are a power 3A. All I said is if that is true, then why have we beat you the last 2 years? Is that not a good point? Sheesh.

I know you know the "if this team beat that team and that team beat this team then this team should win" is a bunch of crap as well. All we are hearing is records and La Vega. If that is all you are bringing to the table, then I am not worried at all. I am not hearing any football from Wylie (well nobogey had one post). I am hearing records and La Vega. All gracia does is post pictures and emoticons (what else is new).

Let's talk about whats going down this week. You won't get any points for beating La Vega 2 weeks ago and we won't get any from beating you the last 2 seasons. Oh and one more thing, you aren't playing La Vega, you are playing Brownwood. I am also thinking that Wylie is going to come out flat. I mean Brownwood did get beat by La Vega. Nothing to worry about for Wylie. LOL

We'll see...

LOL

http://images.goldenstateofmind.com/images/admin/broken_record.jpg

Texasfootball2
10-06-2008, 03:39 PM

We'll see...

Talk about who cares. Who has time or cares what you think:vrycnfsd:

Rocket
10-06-2008, 04:37 PM
Talk about who cares. Who has time or cares what you think:vrycnfsd:

I wasn't talking to you... it's a filibuster... HA HA

Rocket
10-06-2008, 04:39 PM
LOL

http://images.goldenstateofmind.com/images/admin/broken_record.jpg

LOL

garciap77
10-06-2008, 05:21 PM

We'll see...

http://i220.photobucket.com/albums/dd185/garciap77/125760aazq4wiab5.gif

Rocket
10-06-2008, 06:12 PM

What does that mean?

JR2004
10-06-2008, 06:14 PM
What does that mean?

It was to show you what's between his ears! :D

nobogey72
10-06-2008, 07:00 PM

We'll see...

Come on Rocket!!! Listen to yourself! You sound like it was somebody elses' fault that LV came out and put "the wood" to ya'll. Here's some suggestions.

1) get a stop on their first drive of the 2nd half

2) don't muff the kickoff return (the heat can be a crippling thing)

3) get a stop on their next drive

4) have a better offseason program, and your D won't be so tired
or develop some depth on defense so they can stay a little
fresher.

Your description of that 2nd half sounds like a 7th grader talking to one of his buddies explaining why his team lost. WAA WAA!!!!

I would call you a name right here, but we're not supposed to. But I want you to know ------ I'M THINKING IT------ hint: it has 2 S's in it. :taunt: :taunt: :taunt:

orange machine
10-06-2008, 07:15 PM
I dont know either team that great other than what i hear and see on this site. I do know who both teams have played and it does seem that Wylie turns it up a few notches in district. If i were the coach of Wylie i would press the 10 ft tall recievers and try to throw the pass routes off and hop that your Dline can get some pressure on the qb. It seems that Wylie has a pretty good defense and Brownwood has a poor defense. I think if Wylie can get a few stops here and there they will win this game. I dont think Brownwoods defense is gonna stop Wylie offense at all.

Wylie 41
Brownwood 35

Rocket
10-06-2008, 07:43 PM
Come on Rocket!!! Listen to yourself! You sound like it was somebody elses' fault that LV came out and put "the wood" to ya'll. Here's some suggestions.

1) get a stop on their first drive of the 2nd half

2) don't muff the kickoff return (the heat can be a crippling thing)

3) get a stop on their next drive

4) have a better offseason program, and your D won't be so tired
or develop some depth on defense so they can stay a little
fresher.

Your description of that 2nd half sounds like a 7th grader talking to one of his buddies explaining why his team lost. WAA WAA!!!!

I would call you a name right here, but we're not supposed to. But I want you to know ------ I'M THINKING IT------ hint: it has 2 S's in it. :taunt: :taunt: :taunt:

You sound like me now... Captain Obvious!

http://images.wikia.com/uncyclopedia/images/thumb/7/78/Captainobvious.jpg/180px-Captainobvious.jpg

That is what was a fluke about the whole thing. We didn't get any of that done and we helped them out. I got a few names for you as well, but I will wait until it is face to face.

:nerd:

ccmom
10-06-2008, 07:45 PM
Do you know the details of the La Vega game? What they were able to do that night is not repeatable. It was a fluke at best. We traded blows with them evenly the first half - it was tied 14-14. Then we come out and kicked off to them and they put a long drive together getting 5 yards a play eating 6:00+ minutes of clock. They then kickoff and we muff it and they recover and eat another 4+ minutes off the clock. So they eat a whole quarter and we haven't touched the ball. We finally get it and by then our offense is so cold we get out there and we go 3 and out. By this time our defense is so tired from playing 10+ minutes straight that they are ineffective. La Vega broke no big plays on us all night, just the rinky dink 4-7 yards rushing over our outmatched defensive line. To sum it up, we had the ball for 3:48 seconds. With our help, La Vega ball controlled us the majority of the 2nd Half.

My translation of the above..."No fair! They didn't let us have the ball enough! Do over!!!" :p

Come on now...after 1100+ posts, surely you can do better than that.
;)

Mustangpride09
10-06-2008, 07:49 PM
What really sucks is that ive been saying since last May that Wylie was gonna win this game. I was hoping they would be huge underdogs, now it just looks like im jumping the the bandwagon.

Wylie by 13

Rocket
10-06-2008, 07:58 PM
My translation of the above..."No fair! They didn't let us have the ball enough! Do over!!!" :p

;)

Wylie won't do it . That is all that matters. ;)

Let's hear what you got? What are your thoughts on the game?

JR2004
10-06-2008, 08:00 PM
Do you know the details of the La Vega game? What they were able to do that night is not repeatable. It was a fluke at best. We traded blows with them evenly the first half - it was tied 14-14. Then we come out and kicked off to them and they put a long drive together getting 5 yards a play eating 6:00+ minutes of clock. They then kickoff and we muff it and they recover and eat another 4+ minutes off the clock. So they eat a whole quarter and we haven't touched the ball. We finally get it and by then our offense is so cold we get out there and we go 3 and out. By this time our defense is so tired from playing 10+ minutes straight that they are ineffective. La Vega broke no big plays on us all night, just the rinky dink 4-7 yards rushing over our outmatched defensive line. To sum it up, we had the ball for 3:48 seconds. With our help, La Vega ball controlled us the majority of the 2nd Half.

I'm going to have to disagree in LaVega not being able to repeat that again. Perhaps not against Brownwood if they happen to play a 2nd time, but that formula is how Modoc beats teams. They may not hold the ball for 21 minutes again in a half, but they are a ball control offense. Although I was not in attendance at the Brownwood game (Neither were you I believe.) I've seen Modoc enough over the years to know that a game like that is not out of the ordinary for them. It's actually fun watching them churn out 4-5 yards at a time running no more than a couple different plays. They just about let you know exactly what the play is at the line of scrimmage, but even when you know what's coming they still get 5 yards.

Modoc is darn near impossible to beat when they aren't turning the ball over. If you can get some TO's like Wylie did you can win. If not you get the result of the Brownwood game. I will say that I don't believe any conclusion can be drawn about how this week's game will turn out by comparing how the two did against Modoc and Liberty Hill.

I'll stick with THE WOOD though getting a big road win this week!

nobogey72
10-06-2008, 08:00 PM

;)

Mam, you are gifted. :inlove:

garciap77
10-06-2008, 08:05 PM

What does that mean?

Bye-Bye!

That’s all folks!:D

Just jacking with you Rocket, come on don't get so uptight!

You still have not answer my question: Why pass when your QB can just simply run? You said he ran for 200+ yards on us last year. So why not just run?:confused:

Rocket
10-06-2008, 08:06 PM
Mam, you are gifted. :inlove:

Not really... I am just giving her too much ammo... Let's see if she accepts the challenge I gave her a few posts back. I will be impressed if she even knows the difference between offense and defense. Her husband is probably the Band Director. :rolleyes:

I notice alot of people on here don't know crap about football. Let's see where she falls. She wants to call me out about what I say, let's see what she has, if anything.

JR2004
10-06-2008, 08:07 PM
Not really... I am just giving her too much ammo... Let's see if she accepts the challenge I gave her a few posts back. I will be impressed if she even knows the difference between offense and defense. Her husband is probably the Band Director. :rolleyes:

Oh boy...

Rocket
10-06-2008, 08:07 PM

Bye-Bye!

You still have not answer my question: Why pass when your QB can just simply run? You said he ran for 200+ yards on us last year. So why not just run?:confused:

Don't worry Garcia... You guys bring the house, you will get burned. We came out passing on you last season and the results were 200 yards of running by Pachall plus some passing TD's as well. Just remember, Brownwood isn't no slouch.

Rocket
10-06-2008, 08:13 PM
Originally posted by JR2004
I'm going to have to disagree in LaVega not being able to repeat that again. Perhaps not against Brownwood if they happen to play a 2nd time, but that formula is how Modoc beats teams. They may not hold the ball for 21 minutes again in a half, but they are a ball control offense. Although I was not in attendance at the Brownwood game (Neither were you I believe.) I've seen Modoc enough over the years to know that a game like that is not out of the ordinary for them. It's actually fun watching them churn out 4-5 yards at a time running no more than a couple different plays. They just about let you know exactly what the play is at the line of scrimmage, but even when you know what's coming they still get 5 yards.

Modoc is darn near impossible to beat when they aren't turning the ball over. If you can get some TO's like Wylie did you can win. If not you get the result of the Brownwood game. I will say that I don't believe any conclusion can be drawn about how this week's game will turn out by comparing how the two did against Modoc and Liberty Hill.

I'll stick with THE WOOD though getting a big road win this week!

I know that was their gameplan. I am just saying the extent to which it was executed was near perfection. That is the fluke side of it. Brownwood was still getting their legs offensively in Week 2. Come a long way since then.

garciap77
10-06-2008, 08:13 PM
Don't worry Garcia... You guys bring the house, you will get burned. We came out passing on you last season and the results were 200 yards of running by Pachall plus some passing TD's as well. Just remember, Brownwood isn't no slouch.

We are bring the http://i220.photobucket.com/albums/dd185/garciap77/40y5ec70.jpg

Just for you!

Rocket
10-06-2008, 08:16 PM

Bye-Bye!

You are a good guy, Garcia. I enjoy you man... looking forward to meeting you.

garciap77
10-06-2008, 08:19 PM
You are a good guy, Garcia. I enjoy you man... looking forward to meeting you.

:2thumbsup

blowfish
10-06-2008, 08:34 PM
Wow I have missed all the fun on here last week.

Just my two cents. I think Rocket is 100% right when he talks about Bwood owning us the past two years. I am sure we are all hoping that their kids are thinking the same thing. I have been to alot and I mean alot of games where the players gave us no chance to be on the same field with them. I always loved the comments from the kids and their families after they played (got beaten) by us.

My prediction for the game.... I think Bwood jumps out quick, maybe even a few gadget plays. I think they want our crowd quiet as fast as they can. Ill say 14 -7 at the half Brownwood. Second half adjustments and stifiling defense. If our special teams play mistake free the second half we pull this game out late in the fourth and win by four. 28-24 Wylie.

Emotion only gets you so far in this game and Wylie has proved time and time again that we are business like at home.

I pray for the following... safety of the players and of the fans, great sportsmanship, error free ball for both teams, and officials that dont decide the game. Also, one more thing.... alka seltzer for Rocket because I hear that crow upsets his stomach.

Good luck LIONS see yall on Thursday for JV games.