PDA

View Full Version : Brownwood (2-3) @ Abilene Wylie (3-2)

Pages : 1 [2] 3

Rocket
10-06-2008, 08:36 PM
Originally posted by blowfish
Wow I have missed all the fun on here last week.

Just my two cents. I think Rocket is 100% right when he talks about Bwood owning us the past two years. I am sure we are all hoping that their kids are thinking the same thing. I have been to alot and I mean alot of games where the players gave us no chance to be on the same field with them. I always loved the comments from the kids and their families after they played (got beaten) by us.

My prediction for the game.... I think Bwood jumps out quick, maybe even a few gadget plays. I think they want our crowd quiet as fast as they can. Ill say 14 -7 at the half Brownwood. Second half adjustments and stifiling defense. If our special teams play mistake free the second half we pull this game out late in the fourth and win by four. 28-24 Wylie.

Emotion only gets you so far in this game and Wylie has proved time and time again that we are business like at home.

I pray for the following... safety of the players of tha fans, great sportsmanship, error free ball for both teams, and officials that dont decide the game. Also, one more thing.... alka seltzer for Rocket because I hear that crow upsets his stomach.

Good luck LIONS see yall on Thursday for JV games.

Nice post. Much respect to Wylie and I agree on safety for all involved including fans traveling to and from the game.

blowfish
10-06-2008, 08:38 PM
Oh and dont forget Bwood....come real early for a seat, be loud, and stay late and congradulate a Bulldog on a great hard fought win!

BEAST
10-06-2008, 08:43 PM
Wow I have missed all the fun on here last week.

Just my two cents. I think Rocket is 100% right when he talks about Bwood owning us the past two years. I am sure we are all hoping that their kids are thinking the same thing. I have been to alot and I mean alot of games where the players gave us no chance to be on the same field with them. I always loved the comments from the kids and their families after they played (got beaten) by us.

My prediction for the game.... I think Bwood jumps out quick, maybe even a few gadget plays. I think they want our crowd quiet as fast as they can. Ill say 14 -7 at the half Brownwood. Second half adjustments and stifiling defense. If our special teams play mistake free the second half we pull this game out late in the fourth and win by four. 28-24 Wylie.

Emotion only gets you so far in this game and Wylie has proved time and time again that we are business like at home.

I pray for the following... safety of the players and of the fans, great sportsmanship, error free ball for both teams, and officials that dont decide the game. Also, one more thing.... alka seltzer for Rocket because I hear that crow upsets his stomach.

Good luck LIONS see yall on Thursday for JV games.

I do agree with you on the safe travel, but I highly doubt that the halftime score will be 14-7. I wouldnt be surprised to see us score 21 in the first quarter.

BEAST

blowfish
10-06-2008, 08:52 PM
I think you will be a believer once you experience playing us in our house. We are a pretty good team on the road but magic seems to happen at home. I have seen some really great games there. I have actually seen 21 hung on us a few times at home but not very often.

BEAST
10-06-2008, 08:56 PM
I think you will be a believer once you experience playing us in our house. We are a pretty good team on the road but magic seems to happen at home. I have seen some really great games there. I have actually seen 21 hung on us a few times at home but not very often.

Bring a camcorder then because you are gonna want to remember this one.

BEAST

blowfish
10-06-2008, 08:58 PM
We are Wylie we dont use camcorders we have professionally manned Sony HD cameras, Fox borrows our equipment for their SSunday NFL games.

ccmom
10-06-2008, 09:04 PM
Originally posted by Rocket
Not really... I am just giving her too much ammo... Let's see if she accepts the challenge I gave her a few posts back. I will be impressed if she even knows the difference between offense and defense. Her husband is probably the Band Director. :rolleyes:

I notice alot of people on here don't know crap about football. Let's see where she falls. She wants to call me out about what I say, let's see what she has, if anything.

Sorry it took me a while to reply. I've been busy with the Bulldogs tonight...trying to help them prepare. Thank goodness their special order platform shoes came in today...at least they'll have a chance to compete with those 7' receivers on Friday night. ;)

Ok, in response to my new friend Rocket...my original post on page 1 of this thread was as follows,
"My prediction....a real battle between two good teams...
Brownwood 24
Abilene Wylie 14 at the half

Final Score
Abilene Wylie 31
Brownwood 27

Hugh is a master at making half-time adjustments and with the tough pre-district schedule they have already played, these Bulldogs know how to fight all four quarters! JMO "

If you would like for me to expound (that means to explain in detail, Rocket) I can do so.

Back to the "kool aid", just a little advice...Be sure you bring plenty to the M&G on Friday. I have a feeling you might have a case of cotton mouth when you meet my husband, the "band director." Of course, he might be a little tied up at half time, but by the fourth quarter he should be free. The band can play the fight song without him, and by the fourth qtr you'll probably have it memorized, too.

:evillol:

ccmom
10-06-2008, 09:07 PM
We are Wylie we dont use camcorders we have professionally manned Sony HD cameras, Fox borrows our equipment for their SSunday NFL games.

:clap:

Rocket
10-06-2008, 09:12 PM
Originally posted by ccmom
Sorry it took me a while to reply. I've been busy with the Bulldogs tonight...trying to help them prepare. Thank goodness their special order platform shoes came in today...at least they'll have a chance to compete with those 7' receivers on Friday night. ;)

Ok, in response to my new friend Rocket...my original post on page 1 of this thread was as follows,
"My prediction....a real battle between two good teams...
Brownwood 24
Abilene Wylie 14 at the half

Final Score
Abilene Wylie 31
Brownwood 27

Hugh is a master at making half-time adjustments and with the tough pre-district schedule they have already played, these Bulldogs know how to fight all four quarters! JMO "

If you would like for me to expound (that means to explain in detail, Rocket) I can do so.

Back to the "kool aid", just a little advice...Be sure you bring plenty to the M&G on Friday. I have a feeling you might have a case of cotton mouth when you meet my husband, the "band director." Of course, he might be a little tied up at half time, but by the fourth quarter he should be free. The band can play the fight song without him, and by the fourth qtr you'll probably have it memorized, too.

:evillol:

Good, they are going to need those shoes. For sure. As far as your husband, not real worried. I got the BEAST. We can take him. HA HA

Good post. You might know what you are talking about after all. We'll see. I guess those platform shoes are part of your halftime adjustments? or a little HGH for the rapid growth spurts for those corners.

I think my fellow brownwood posters will agree that Brownwood's halftime adjustments have been pretty effective the last 2 games. 35 2nd half points against Liberty Hill and 28 against Manor. ;)

LH Panther Mom
10-06-2008, 09:21 PM
IBrownwood was still getting their legs offensively in Week 2.
You'll need your "Captain Obvious" thingy for me, but so was every other team in the state. :p

I think my fellow brownwood posters will agree that Brownwood's halftime adjustments have been pretty effective the last 2 games. 35 2nd half points against Liberty Hill and 28 against Manor. ;)
I will agree that 35 against us was a very good adjustment. I will also say that "needing" 28 against Manor isn't somthing I'd boast on, no offense to Manor intended.

nobogey72
10-06-2008, 09:26 PM
Good, they are going to need those shoes. For sure. As far as your husband, not real worried. I got the BEAST. We can take him. HA HA

Good post. You might know what you are talking about after all. We'll see. I guess those platform shoes are part of your halftime adjustments? or a little HGH for the rapid growth spurts for those corners.

How about against La Vega?:thinking:

Rocket
10-06-2008, 09:27 PM
Originally posted by LH Panther Mom
You'll need your "Captain Obvious" thingy for me, but so was every other team in the state. :p

I will agree that 35 against us was a very good adjustment. I will also say that "needing" 28 against Manor isn't somthing I'd boast on, no offense to Manor intended.

Not bragging on the Manor adjustment. We basically had to get refocused on the task at hand. We scored 28 in the 3rd Quarter and then played our backups the 4th. How is that for an adjustment?

ccmom
10-06-2008, 09:29 PM

Darnit, you said it before I could...only your delivery was a little less sarcastic. ;)

orange machine
10-06-2008, 09:31 PM
Rocket just wondering not being a smart butt or anything, but what do you think the attitude of the Lions team will be if in fact they lose this game?

ccmom
10-06-2008, 09:32 PM
Originally posted by nobogey72
How about against La Vega?:thinking:

Now, nobogey, surely you remember that those mean ole Pirates wouldn't let them have the ball??? Don't make him cry!

Rocket
10-06-2008, 09:33 PM
Darnit, you said it before I could...only your delivery was a little less sarcastic. ;)

How many times has your offense hung 21+ in 1 Quarter this season? And against who?

Brownwood: 4 times in 5 games.
Burnet: 21 1st Quarter
Stephenville: 21 1st Quarter
Liberty Hill: 21 4th Quarter
Manor: 28 3rd Quarter

And it takes defense to be able to do it (for the most part). Wylie better get ready. See why LV was a fluke now? LOL

Rocket
10-06-2008, 09:35 PM
Oh here we go..Me against the world again... bring it on.

Rocket
10-06-2008, 09:36 PM
Originally posted by orange machine
Rocket just wondering not being a smart butt or anything, but what do you think the attitude of the Lions team will be if in fact they lose this game?

Make the playoffs and handle business. This is not a must win game by any means.

orange machine
10-06-2008, 09:37 PM

never mind

ccmom
10-06-2008, 09:38 PM
How many times has your offense hung 21+ in 1 Quarter this season? And against who?

Brownwood: 4 times in 5 games.
Burnet: 21 1st Quarter
Stephenville: 21 1st Quarter
Liberty Hill: 21 4th Quarter
Manor: 28 3rd Quarter

And it takes defense to be able to do it (for the most part). Wylie better get ready. See why LV was a fluke now? LOL

Are you sure you want to talk about your defense because the way I see it, if you can score 21 points in one qtr 4 times and only come away with 2 wins out of 5 games, your defense might not be your bright spot. :thinking:

Rocket
10-06-2008, 09:40 PM
Yep. And that is part of playing great teams every week and learning in the process. You aren't the only team that has played a tough schedule. you have one more win than we do. Act like it.

orange machine
Make the playoffs and handle business. This is not a must win game by any means.

Right, but honestly if yall lose to Wylie and Wylie is a very good team then you would have to think that the chances of Brownwood going very far in the playoffs are slim. The reason being is yall did not beat some of the top teams in 3a so i would think this game is very important for the team as far as there mental status.

SNYDER325TIGERS

Nope theres 3 spots open,

this week i think:

Snyder wins
Sweetwater wins
and bwood/wylie is ganna be a shootout...whoever scores last prolly

Rocket
10-06-2008, 09:42 PM
Right, but honestly if yall lose to Wylie and Wylie is a very good team then you would have to think that the chances of Brownwood going very far in the playoffs are slim. The reason being is yall did not beat some of the top teams in 3a so i would think this game is very important for the team as far as there mental status.

Dude you are reaching here. Go to BrownwoodLions.com and see 2002 and 2006 Results for me ok? See what our record is going in to the playoffs. And that was in 4A. We are now in 3A and I would say our offense is at least Top 3. We have a few more weeks to get the defense to be good enough to allow 21-24 max and I say we can go far. That is JMO.

Why peak in Week 5 and beat everybody when it doesn't count? This si Brownwood Football. Seen it over and over again.

ccmom
10-06-2008, 09:43 PM
Yep. And that is part of playing great teams every week and learning in the process. You aren't the only team that has played a tough schedule. you have one more win than we do. Act like it.

Hmm...guess I'll have to look over your schedule again, because I must have missed the part where you played "great teams every week."

LH Panther Mom
10-06-2008, 09:45 PM
Not bragging on the Manor adjustment. We basically had to get refocused on the task at hand.
Whew! I was gonna say..... :p

We scored 28 in the 3rd Quarter and then played our backups the 4th. How is that for an adjustment?
:thumbsup:

LH Panther Mom
10-06-2008, 09:46 PM
I usually try to save my really good stuff for teams we're playing. :devil: (BTW - welcome! :) )

Rocket
10-06-2008, 09:46 PM
Hmm...guess I'll have to look over your schedule again, because I must have missed the part where you played "great teams every week."

Yeah we killed that sorry team Burnet. LOL
Manor is the only gimme we have played.

Same goes to your tough schedule. LH and LV then who?

Rocket
10-06-2008, 09:49 PM
I usually try to save my really good stuff for teams we're playing. :devil: (BTW - welcome! :) )

Was that jock sniffer stuff your good stuff?? :thinking:

That was a fun week. Hope to see you again in Quarters...

orange machine
10-06-2008, 09:50 PM
Im not reaching im really just trying to figure out how you think the Lions will respond. Im taking nothing away from the Lions, but its hard for me to see them doing much this year if yall get beat this week. I also think this is a huge game for yall because i think Brownwood still has alot to prove.

LH Panther Mom
10-06-2008, 09:51 PM
Was that jock sniffer stuff your good stuff?? :thinking:

That was a fun week. Hope to see you again in Quarters...
Oh no, I was just having fun...and was too busy for witty comebacks. Besides, it was reruns from 3-4 years ago. :D

Rocket
10-06-2008, 09:55 PM
Im not reaching im really just trying to figure out how you think the Lions will respond. Im taking nothing away from the Lions, but its hard for me to see them doing much this year if yall get beat this week. I also think this is a huge game for yall because i think Brownwood still has alot to prove.

Here is the deal... I have been watching Brownwood Football for 24 years. I know Coach Freeman and I have been on the staff. I know his mentality. I have seen a team flip a coin to get in teh playoffs and go 4 rounds deep. I have seen a third place team go 5 Rounds deep and this is in the last 6 years. I do not ever count one of our teams out, no matter what. Especially with our offense.

We flipped a coin in 06 to get into the playoffs and drew Ennis first round. Whooped their everloving butt. Made it to Quarters and Pachall was a Sophomore. THAT WAS IN 4A. Nuff said.

ccmom
10-06-2008, 09:56 PM

Thanks for the welcome! I have been reading these posts for quite a while now, and finally decided to take the plunge and give my own two cents. It really is alot of fun.

garciap77
10-06-2008, 09:57 PM

http://i220.photobucket.com/albums/dd185/garciap77/V6084-1.jpg

Rocket
10-06-2008, 09:57 PM
Thanks for the welcome! I have been reading these posts for quite a while now, and finally decided to take the plunge and give my own two cents. It really is alot of fun.

Is tea time over ladies? Let's get back into the "smack" talking.

garciap77
10-06-2008, 10:06 PM

http://i220.photobucket.com/albums/dd185/garciap77/lion-o-1.png

LH Panther Mom
10-06-2008, 10:07 PM
Is tea time over ladies? Let's get back into the "smack" talking.
:hand: :hand: I was going to offer you a crumpet.

Dogs drool
Lions.....I got nothing :doh: :p

Rocket
10-06-2008, 10:13 PM
:hand: :hand: I was going to offer you a crumpet.

Dogs drool
Lions.....I got nothing :doh: :p

Lions rule... Kings of the Jungle.

garciap77
10-06-2008, 10:14 PM
Lions rule... Kings of the Jungle.

http://i220.photobucket.com/albums/dd185/garciap77/P29-L-Lion.jpg

Hey Rocket the L is for loser!:D :D :D

;)

Rocket
10-06-2008, 10:15 PM
Garcia. The most powerful man in the universe.

http://farm3.static.flickr.com/2362/1795115173_840e54cfda.jpg?v=0

To ugly to post...sorry.

garciap77
10-06-2008, 10:17 PM
Garcia. The most powerful man in the universe.

http://farm3.static.flickr.com/2362/1795115173_840e54cfda.jpg?v=0

http://img240.imageshack.us/img240/5809/roflsmiliemn4.gifhttp://img240.imageshack.us/img240/5809/roflsmiliemn4.gifhttp://img240.imageshack.us/img240/5809/roflsmiliemn4.gifhttp://img240.imageshack.us/img240/5809/roflsmiliemn4.gif

Rocket
10-06-2008, 10:22 PM
Originally posted by garciap77
http://img240.imageshack.us/img240/5809/roflsmiliemn4.gifhttp://img240.imageshack.us/img240/5809/roflsmiliemn4.gifhttp://img240.imageshack.us/img240/5809/roflsmiliemn4.gifhttp://img240.imageshack.us/img240/5809/roflsmiliemn4.gif

nm

ccmom
10-06-2008, 10:27 PM
That's all I've got for tonight, but don't worry...I'll be back with more tomorrow. (You know you love it, Rocket!)

Rocket
10-06-2008, 10:31 PM
That's all I've got for tonight, but don't worry...I'll be back with more tomorrow. (You know you love it, Rocket!)

After this week, I am cheering for Wylie all the way.

:clap: :cheerl: :cheerl: :cheerl: :clap:

nobogey72
10-07-2008, 06:21 AM
Are you sure you want to talk about your defense because the way I see it, if you can score 21 points in one qtr 4 times and only come away with 2 wins out of 5 games, your defense might not be your bright spot. :thinking:

OUCH!! The losses were "flukes". Remember?? But don't be too tough on Brownwood CCMom, because actually Brownwood used to be really good at football, back in the 70's and 80's. And, there were some times even in the 90's and early 2000's when they almost beat Stephenville. AND, they DO have a good lake. And Underwoods is there too. AND, they have held their heads high in spite of Early becoming the "better known" program in their county.:D

nobogey72
10-07-2008, 06:40 AM
I was just trying to figure out if Brownwood will fill up the visitor's side of Bulldog Stadium. I think it will depend on whether or not Early is playing at home Friday night. If they are, then I think most people in Brown county will go to the Early game, and there will be plenty of room. If, by chance, the visitor's side does fill up, come find me as I will be selling lawn chairs. All the proceeds will go to a good cause. We found out this week about a very unfortunate situation in the Wylie family. Evidently there is a little 3rd grade girl who (this is really sad) doesn't even have her own ipod. She has to share with her brother. So, we decided to raise some funds to help this girl out. That's what caring communities do.:clap: :clap:

Rocket
10-07-2008, 07:43 AM

You are missing the point. The point is that Brownwood is doing it consistently. The defense will catch up soon enough. I am thinking this week. We are also doing it on some of the top teams in the state and this week will be no exception.

ccmom
10-07-2008, 08:04 AM
I was just trying to figure out if Brownwood will fill up the visitor's side of Bulldog Stadium. I think it will depend on whether or not Early is playing at home Friday night. If they are, then I think most people in Brown county will go to the Early game, and there will be plenty of room. If, by chance, the visitor's side does fill up, come find me as I will be selling lawn chairs. All the proceeds will go to a good cause. We found out this week about a very unfortunate situation in the Wylie family. Evidently there is a little 3rd grade girl who (this is really sad) doesn't even have her own ipod. She has to share with her brother. So, we decided to raise some funds to help this girl out. That's what caring communities do.:clap: :clap: I'm glad the word is out about poor little Madeline, but I guess you haven't heard the latest...the "band director" and I decided to go ahead and purchase the iPod for her ourselves. We felt it would only be fair for the lawnchair funds to be used for something that the Brownwood fans could benefit from too. Now, all proceeds will go toward helping the Lion faithful with travel expenses while they are following the Bulldogs in the playoffs. I mean, they are known to be a football town and it wouldn't seem right to leave them out in December...all in the spirit of giving.

Rocket
10-07-2008, 08:28 AM
I'm glad the word is out about poor little Madeline, but I guess you haven't heard the latest...the "band director" and I decided to go ahead and purchase the iPod for her ourselves. We felt it would only be fair for the lawnchair funds to be used for something that the Brownwood fans could benefit from too. Now, all proceeds will go toward helping the Lion faithful with travel expenses while they are following the Bulldogs in the playoffs. I mean, they are known to be a football town and it wouldn't seem right to leave them out in December...all in the spirit of giving.

Seems like most of you energy should be put toward remaining 3A so that you can continue to be a playoff team. Quit worrying about buying lawn chairs and ipods and buy you some shovels and liquid paper to keep those move ins covered up and the numbers in the book changed. It's starting to get ridiculous about how Wylie always seem to come in under the cutoff and your area remains one of the nicest in Abilene and is it still growing? Come on now, it has to be a full time job to stay 3A so that you can remain competitive. My hats off to you. :rolleyes:

Daddy D 11
10-07-2008, 09:27 AM
We flipped a coin in 06 to get into the playoffs and drew Ennis first round. Whooped their everloving butt. Made it to Quarters and Pachall was a Sophomore. THAT WAS IN 4A. Nuff said.

"Then we dropped down to 4A, beat Burnet on the road, got our butts spanked at home by Waco La Vega, lost 2 more games on the road to Stephenville and Liberty Hill. Then got everything together and beat Manor..only to lose to Abilene Wylie in the District 2-3A opener.....and THAT WAS ONLY IN THE FIRST 6 WEEKS OF 3A. Nuff said."

:D

Texasfootball2
10-07-2008, 09:40 AM
After this week, I am cheering for Wylie all the way.

:clap: :cheerl: :cheerl: :cheerl: :clap:
That's because you will need us to win, and beat Sweetwater and Snyder so you can make the playoffs:D

garciap77
10-07-2008, 09:44 AM
You are missing the point. The point is that Brownwood is doing it consistently. The defense will catch up soon enough. I am thinking this week. We are also doing it on some of the top teams in the state and this week will be no exception.

Losing consistently! What?:confused:

;)

Rocket
10-07-2008, 09:51 AM
Originally posted by Daddy D 11
"Then we dropped down to 4A, beat Burnet on the road, got our butts spanked at home by Waco La Vega, lost 2 more games on the road to Stephenville and Liberty Hill. Then got everything together and beat Manor..only to lose to Abilene Wylie in the District 2-3A opener.....and THAT WAS ONLY IN THE FIRST 6 WEEKS OF 3A. Nuff said."

Yep, Brownwood dropped down to 3A, lost their stud DB, lost their stud OL, jumped in the Deep End with the Best 3A has to offer in the first few weeks of 3A. Didn't quite turn out like we orginally thought as far as wins and losses, but by playoff time, should be good to go. I really don't fear any team here on out. We have seen the best 3A has. Nothing like 4A. Trust me.

garciap77
10-07-2008, 09:51 AM
I'm glad the word is out about poor little Madeline, but I guess you haven't heard the latest...the "band director" and I decided to go ahead and purchase the iPod for her ourselves. We felt it would only be fair for the lawnchair funds to be used for something that the Brownwood fans could benefit from too. Now, all proceeds will go toward helping the Lion faithful with travel expenses while they are following the Bulldogs in the playoffs. I mean, they are known to be a football town and it wouldn't seem right to leave them out in December...all in the spirit of giving.

Don't fotget that Rocket will needs very little funds, since he lives in the area where the playoff games will be taking place!

P.S. In the spirit of giving I have bought Rocket this Shirt he can wear to the playoffs when he goes to :cheerl::cheerl::cheerl: for Wylie:

http://i220.photobucket.com/albums/dd185/garciap77/rHwzV.jpg

;)

Rocket
10-07-2008, 09:52 AM
Originally posted by Texasfootball2
That's because you will need us to win, and beat Sweetwater and Snyder so you can make the playoffs:D

Probably the other way around.

Daddy D 11
10-07-2008, 09:54 AM
Yep, Brownwood dropped down to 3A, lost their stud DB, lost their stud OL, jumped in the Deep End with the Best 3A has to offer in the first few weeks of 3A. Didn't quite turn out like we orginally thought as far as wins and losses, but by playoff time, should be good to go. I really don't fear any team here on out. We have seen the best 3A has. Nothing like 4A. Trust me.

Good comeback:clap:

And their isn't that big of a gap, only the elite 4A teams are a big difference from 3A teams.

Black_Magic
10-07-2008, 09:55 AM
I really don't fear any team here on out. We have seen the best 3A has. Nothing like 4A. Trust me.
OK, What was your record last year at the mid season mark?? and how many 3As did you beat? And then compare the wins vs 3As this year at the mid season mark....:thinking:

Rocket
10-07-2008, 09:58 AM
Good comeback:clap:

And their isn't that big of a gap, only the elite 4A teams are a big difference from 3A teams.

Well of course. Isn't that who you usually play in the playoffs about Round 3? Not saying all of 4A is better, I am saying to win it all is much tougher and the elite teams are way better. And saying it isn't that big of a gap, please name an elite 4A team LH or Wylie has beat or played for that matter.

Top 5 4A vs. Top 5 3A. Not even close buddy. Sad, but true.

Texasfootball2
10-07-2008, 10:02 AM
Well of course. Isn't that who you usually play in the playoffs about Round 3? Not saying all of 4A is better, I am saying to win it all is much tougher and the elite teams are way better. And saying it isn't that big of a gap, please name an elite 4A team LH or Wylie has beat or played for that matter.

Let see, Frenship has played in the 4A semi's the past two seasons and Wylie handed them there a$$ both of those years, and the last time I looked they are currently undefeated this year and rank. Wylie had a chance to beat them late in the game this year but Frenship findly got a victory against the dawgs.

Rocket
10-07-2008, 10:03 AM
Originally posted by Black_Magic
OK, What was your record last year at the mid season mark?? and how many 3As did you beat? And then compare the wins vs 3As this year at the mid season mark....:thinking:

We beat 2 3A's last season and get ready to beat those 2 again.

Ok we have played 3 3A's. We are 1-2. The 2 losses against #5 and #1. Those games mean nothing. We re now 0-0. I would think a coach would realize when you have 1 returning defensive starter you are going to have some trouble, no matter what class you are in. Oh and alot of those starters are Soph's. Brownwood is right on pace.

What about Snyder? Who have you played? Or should I say, who beat you? LOL

Daddy D 11
10-07-2008, 10:03 AM

That's what i just said Rocket:D You must listen young grasshopper..

I said ONLY the elite 4A teams:2thumbsup

Living in arguably the toughest 5A district in the state year in and year out..I think iv'e seen some great 5A competition. Oh, and I also live 25 minutes from ohhh i dunno...The 4A State Champions? So I've seen plenty of games that display the best in 4A and 5A. I can't speak for Wylie, but no LH has never played any elite 4A's. But have beat some has beens that dropped down from 4A:devil: :p

Rocket
10-07-2008, 10:04 AM
Let see, Frenship has played in the 4A semi's the past two seasons and Wylie handed them there a$$ both of those years, and the last time I looked they are currently undefeated this year and rank. Wylie had a chance to beat them late in the game this year but Frenship findly got a victory against the dawgs.

Frenship beat your butt. next...

Frenship playing nobody up in the panhandle. They play nobody until Quarters. In 2002, they were 12-0 and 3 to go and we handed them a humiliating loss and we had 4 losses. (I figured i could bring up the past since you did). Frenship is another Celina type situation. Secluded. The best of the worst. Your '08 Bulldogs aren't as good as your '07 or '06 Bulldogs and we are about to prove it. Frenship already did.

Rocket
10-07-2008, 10:07 AM
That's what i just said Rocket:D You must listen young grasshopper..

I said ONLY the elite 4A teams:2thumbsup

Living in arguably the toughest 5A district in the state year in and year out..I think iv'e seen some great 5A competition. Oh, and I also live 25 minutes from ohhh i dunno...The 4A State Champions? So I've seen plenty of games that display the best in 4A and 5A. I can't speak for Wylie, but no LH has never played any elite 4A's. But have beat some has beens that dropped down from 4A:devil: :p

We'll see about has beens... season isn't over yet, young one.

Good, I am glad you have seen some good football. I would say the Top 10 in 4A is head and shoulders above the Top 3A. That is my opinion and I am sticking to it. 3A doesn't scare me near as much as 4A did. Believe that. As far as what Brownwood has done this season in comparison to that statement is pointless. The season isn't over, it is just beginning.

Daddy D 11
10-07-2008, 10:12 AM

Good, I am glad you have seen some good football. I would say the Top 10 in 4A is head and shoulders above the Top 3A. That is my opinion and I am sticking to it. 3A doesn't scare me near as much as 4A did. Believe that. As far as what Brownwood has done this season in comparison to that statement is pointless. The season isn't over, it is just beginning.

Let's hear your honest hypothesis on how the games going to go, i gave mine yesterday. Now let's hear yours:clap:

Rocket
10-07-2008, 10:37 AM
Not real sure on how this will go. Too hard to predict what Brownwood will do early on. Sometimes we come out in full force and hang 21 real quick and sometimes we are slow starting. I think Brownwood takes what Wylie gives though. I know the past 2 Wylie teams were some great teams, and they gave it up pretty easy (I don't care what week it was). I don't see this Wylie team being able to do much to stop our offense. Purely a matchup issue, not a lack of talent or lack of good defense, but let's be honest about Wylie, they play good run defense and I am sure they are going to install mutliple blitz packages, I just don't think you can effectively disrupt Pachall the whole game without Brownwood exploiting the blitz. Brownwood can hurt you in many ways on offense. Much more so than the last 2 seasons. We also have Lowe back (who we lost early against La Vega). That should help.

I honestly see Wylie as a weaker LH. Maybe a little better on defense, but not even close on offense. I could be wrong, but that is the vibe I am getting. With all that said, it will be close for a while, both teams feeling each other out and playcalling might be soft as well. I know Wylie is a tough team discipline and attitude wise, so they will be bringing it every play, like LH did. The difference will be Wylie taking Brownwood's defense to lightly and them making some big hits and plays and Brownwood punishing Wylie's defense.

I am not going to say Brownwood destroys Wylie, but it could happen. I also know that Wylie could play a lights out game and really limit our offense and have some things go their way. I have alot of respect for Wylie and Coach Sandifer, so I can't really say THIS WILL happen, but being the homer I am, and seeing how Brownwood has stepped up the last 2 weeks, I think the odds are for Brownwood winning this one and possibly breaking out in a big way. And that is because I know the Brownwood Mentality as well, and it isn't real fan friendly. All of the games we have played and won and lost have been used to maximize what is going to happen Friday night. Should be a great game! Win or lose, this doesn't make or break Wylie or Brownwood's season. One of us has to lose. Bigger picture here.

Black_Magic
10-07-2008, 10:42 AM
We beat 2 3A's last season and get ready to beat those 2 again.

Ok we have played 3 3A's. We are 1-2. The 2 losses against #5 and #1. Those games mean nothing. We re now 0-0. I would think a coach would realize when you have 1 returning defensive starter you are going to have some trouble, no matter what class you are in. Oh and alot of those starters are Soph's. Brownwood is right on pace.

What about Snyder? Who have you played? Or should I say, who beat you? LOL Well one thing needs to be said before I answer. Im not the one making comments about Snyder on here like the ones that you are about Brownwood.

Who has Snyder Played? Played 4a Frenship in a 3 quarter live scrimage and beat them 28-7. Frenship is now 5-0 and did beat Wylie so they are no "cupcake".4a Big Spring Went 2 rounds in the playoffs last year I believe. 4a Amarilo PD playoff team from last year. 3a Estacado a 4a playoff team from last year that went 2 rounds deep. Pecos, and Lubbock cooper... fact is that its hard to find games when you go to the semi finals and alot just will not play you. many 4 and 5A teams will not play you because of many different reasons and you dont get much from playing 2A schools. Snyder did try to play Monahans again but they said NO MAS. Snyder will be fine this year and continue to play hard. we are fine flying under the raidar for right now. :)

nobogey72
10-07-2008, 10:51 AM
Not real sure on how this will go. Too hard to predict what Brownwood will do early on. Sometimes we come out in full force and hang 21 real quick and sometimes we are slow starting. I think Brownwood takes what Wylie gives though. I know the past 2 Wylie teams were some great teams, and they gave it up pretty easy (I don't care what week it was). I don't see this Wylie team being able to do much to stop our offense. Purely a matchup issue, not a lack of talent or lack of good defense, but let's be honest about Wylie, they play good run defense and I am sure they are going to install mutliple blitz packages, I just don't think you can effectively disrupt Pachall the whole game without Brownwood exploiting the blitz. Brownwood can hurt you in many ways on offense. Much more so than the last 2 seasons. We also have Lowe back (who we lost early against La Vega). That should help.

I honestly see Wylie as a weaker LH. Maybe a little better on defense, but not even close on offense. I could be wrong, but that is the vibe I am getting. With all that said, it will be close for a while, both teams feeling each other out and playcalling might be soft as well. I know Wylie is a tough team discipline and attitude wise, so they will be bringing it every play, like LH did. The difference will be Wylie taking Brownwood's defense to lightly and them making some big hits and plays and Brownwood punishing Wylie's defense.

I am not going to say Brownwood destroys Wylie, but it could happen. I also know that Wylie could play a lights out game and really limit our offense and have some things go their way. I have alot of respect for Wylie and Coach Sandifer, so I can't really say THIS WILL happen, but being the homer I am, and seeing how Brownwood has stepped up the last 2 weeks, I think the odds are for Brownwood winning this one and possibly breaking out in a big way. And that is because I know the Brownwood Mentality as well, and it isn't real fan friendly. All of the games we have played and won and lost have been used to maximize what is going to happen Friday night. Should be a great game! Win or lose, this doesn't make or break Wylie or Brownwood's season. One of us has to lose. Bigger picture here.

So, honestly, tell us the truth-------Are you coming to this game, or are you going stay home and watch the Early Longhorns (since most of them are former Lions)?:thinking:

Rocket
10-07-2008, 10:53 AM
So, honestly, tell us the truth-------Are you coming to this game, or are you going stay home and watch the Early Longhorns (since most of them are former Lions)?:thinking:

I'll be there. Wouldn't miss it for the world. And I will be at the M&G. I got to meet the Nacho Man Randy Savage aka nobogey.

Rocket
10-07-2008, 10:59 AM
Well one thing needs to be said before I answer. Im not the one making comments about Snyder on here like the ones that you are about Brownwood.

Who has Snyder Played? Played 4a Frenship in a 3 quarter live scrimage and beat them 28-7. Frenship is now 5-0 and did beat Wylie so they are no "cupcake".4a Big Spring Went 2 rounds in the playoffs last year I believe. 4a Amarilo PD playoff team from last year. 3a Estacado a 4a playoff team from last year that went 2 rounds deep. Pecos, and Lubbock cooper... fact is that its hard to find games when you go to the semi finals and alot just will not play you. many 4 and 5A teams will not play you because of many different reasons and you dont get much from playing 2A schools. Snyder did try to play Monahans again but they said NO MAS. Snyder will be fine this year and continue to play hard. we are fine flying under the raidar for right now. :)

Cool. I am not sure about the point you are trying to make by calling me out or Brownwood out about losing to the #5 and the #1 3A's. You are also oblivious if you don't respect Brownwood based on our record. Our numbers and young team has evened the playing field this year, and mixing it up with the BEST 3A's has given us a couple of losses (but also showed us where the bar is early on). I don't want to be crowned King of Non-District, that is only for rankings and fans. The funny thing is that Brownwood is not flying under the radar and we are 2-3. LOL. Still getting much more respect than Snyder, as well we should. Not talking mess here, just stating the facts.

As far as Snyder goes, I talk smack but I know Snyder and Sweetwater are ready for District and each team will have to bring their A game each week to get wins.

Please don't lose to Graham though... that wll just be silly.

Black_Magic
10-07-2008, 11:14 AM
The funny thing is that Brownwood is not flying under the radar and we are 2-3. LOL. Still getting much more respect than Snyder, as well we should. Not talking mess here, just stating the facts.
More Respect? from who? im wondering why you think that? Respect from the polls? who do you mean by what you just said because I just dont see that. Would not care anyway if that was the case but I just dont see what you are saying in the last two sentences.:thinking:

Rocket
10-07-2008, 11:20 AM
More Respect? from who? im wondering why you think that? Respect from the polls? who do you mean by what you just said because I just dont see that. Would not care anyway if that was the case but I just dont see what you are saying in the last two sentences.:thinking:

Respect as a whole... You say we are 2-3. What in the world does that matter when Brownwood-Wylie line up or Brownwood-Snyder? Here is my point about respect. Most experts as well as fans would say Brownwood wins over Snyder. Talking about right now, this week. It all plays into you flying under the radar (you said yourself).

Flying under the radar = no respect. :rolleyes:

Black_Magic
10-07-2008, 11:39 AM
Respect as a whole... You say we are 2-3. What in the world does that matter when Brownwood-Wylie line up or Brownwood-Snyder? Here is my point about respect. Most experts as well as fans would say Brownwood wins over Snyder. Talking about right now, this week. It all plays into you flying under the radar (you said yourself).

Flying under the radar = no respect. :rolleyes: To me Flying under the Radar does not mean No respect. It means they arnt talking about someone that much. I dont know if most people agree with you about Snyder Vs Brownwood. Im not really worried about that one way or another unlike you are (you mentioned it not me ). To me Brownwood is the one who has been the disapointment at this time. Expectations were much higher.

R1Editor
10-07-2008, 11:42 AM
Brownwood by 3 in a slobberknocker.

Rocket
10-07-2008, 11:46 AM
To me Flying under the Radar does not mean No respect. It means they arnt talking about someone that much. I dont know if most people agree with you about Snyder Vs Brownwood. Im not really worried about that one way or another unlike you are (you mentioned it not me ). To me Brownwood is the one who has been the disapointment at this time. Expectations were much higher.

No talk = no respect. :rolleyes:

At this time, we have been a disappointment because we aren't undefeated? My point is even though we may be a disappointment to some, we ae still more respected than Snyder. That is the sad thing. LOL

Rocket
10-07-2008, 11:59 AM
Well one thing needs to be said before I answer. Im not the one making comments about Snyder on here like the ones that you are about Brownwood.

Scrimmages are not submissable. I have been told time and time again.

Big Spring was a playoff team LAST YEAR. Sweetwater smashed them. Big disappointment in Snyder getting beat by Big Spring.

Amarillo who?

Estacado was a playoff team last year in the weakest area in Texas. Wow. Somebody has to play in those games up there.

Pecos. Nuff said.

Lubbock Cooper. Queen of Cupcakes. Snyder. King of Cupcakes.

Your team got no better the last 2 weeks. Congrats.

I would say your schedule isn't even close to Brownwood's. Most would agree. That explains your "success" so far. You should worry about Snyder and that radar. I think Sweetwater will roll when you play them, JMO.

Texasfootball2
10-07-2008, 12:00 PM
Cool. I am not sure about the point you are trying to make by calling me out or Brownwood out about losing to the #5 and the #1 3A's. You are also oblivious if you don't respect Brownwood based on our record. Our numbers and young team has evened the playing field this year, and mixing it up with the BEST 3A's has given us a couple of losses (but also showed us where the bar is early on). I don't want to be crowned King of Non-District, that is only for rankings and fans. The funny thing is that Brownwood is not flying under the radar and we are 2-3. LOL. Still getting much more respect than Snyder, as well we should. Not talking mess here, just stating the facts.

As far as Snyder goes, I talk smack but I know Snyder and Sweetwater are ready for District and each team will have to bring their A game each week to get wins.

Please don't lose to Graham though... that wll just be silly.
I almost hate to admit this Rocket, but I have to agree with you on this post:vrycnfsd:

And even this post that was from Rocket

"Respect as a whole... You say we are 2-3. What in the world does that matter when Brownwood-Wylie line up or Brownwood-Snyder? Here is my point about respect. Most experts as well as fans would say Brownwood wins over Snyder. Talking about right now, this week. It all plays into you flying under the radar (you said yourself").

I must be losing my mind

:crazy:

Rocket
10-07-2008, 12:03 PM
I almost hate to admit this Rocket, but I have to agree with you on this post:vrycnfsd:

And even this post that was from Rocket

"Respect as a whole... You say we are 2-3. What in the world does that matter when Brownwood-Wylie line up or Brownwood-Snyder? Here is my point about respect. Most experts as well as fans would say Brownwood wins over Snyder. Talking about right now, this week. It all plays into you flying under the radar (you said yourself").

I must be losing my mind

:crazy:

It was bound to happen as much as run my mouth... I won't get used to it.

Texasfootball2
10-07-2008, 12:06 PM

Big Spring was a playoff team LAST YEAR. Sweetwater smashed them. Big disappointment in Snyder getting beat by Big Spring.

Amarillo who?

Estacado was a playoff team last year in the weakest area in Texas. Wow. Somebody has to play in those games up there.

Pecos. Nuff said.

I would say your schedule isn't even close to Brownwood's. Most would agree. That explains your "success" so far. You should worry about Snyder and that radar. I think Sweetwater will roll when you play them, JMO.

No this is more like it.

I thought last year didn't matter, or at least in the case of Wylie pounding Frenship the past two seasons when they were semi finalist. And as for Big Spring (playoff team) last year, I think Wylie hung 61 pts on them. I only bring that up because evidently last year does matter.:D

Truth be known, the fact the Big Spring beat Snyder and then got that arse whopped by Sweetwater does tend to put a tainted cloud on the rest of Snyders schedule. Not many powerhouses out in the panhandle this year, especially since Canyon seems to be a little down from the past couple of years.

garciap77
10-07-2008, 12:17 PM

Rocket you digging yourself a

http://i220.photobucket.com/albums/dd185/garciap77/dig.png

And it's going to get you more
http://i220.photobucket.com/albums/dd185/garciap77/images9.jpg

;)

Black_Magic
10-07-2008, 12:29 PM

At this time, we have been a disappointment because we aren't undefeated? My point is even though we may be a disappointment to some, we ae still more respected than Snyder. That is the sad thing. LOL Respected By WHO??? The Polls??? No.. not them. Snyder AND Sweetwater are ranked higer.... Who are you taking about then? Brownwood homers??? I agree that you guys could be 2-8 and would still think your the best team in the state. You are consistent though I will give you that. Consistent in the fact that you ONLY respect a team after they have kicked your butts. I dont see that changing. I think the only people in all of 3a who dont respect Snyder are the brownwood folks. Even Sweetwater have respect for snyder.. Dont like us but they do respect us in the fact that Snyder plays great football. I think you will have more respect after game 10 though;)

Snydertigersrul
10-07-2008, 12:32 PM

At this time, we have been a disappointment because we aren't undefeated? My point is even though we may be a disappointment to some, we ae still more respected than Snyder. That is the sad thing. LOL

Respect, you have to earn it by WINNING. Victories over TWO REAL CUPCAKES don't impress anyone that knows football. I remember Brownwood posters declaring that they would DOMINATE 3A when learning that they had dropped at realignment. 2-3 doesn't sound like too much dominating and you struggled last week against a bad 4A team. I can't wait to see what excuses you come out with after Wylie takings your team to school Friday night.

Texasfootball2
10-07-2008, 12:34 PM
Respected By WHO??? The Polls??? No.. not them. Snyder AND Sweetwater are ranked higer.... Who are you taking about then? Brownwood homers??? I agree that you guys could be 2-8 and would still think your the best team in the state. You are consistent though I will give you that. Consistent in the fact that you ONLY respect a team after they have kicked your butts. I dont see that changing. I think the only people in all of 3a who dont respect Snyder are the brownwood folks. Even Sweetwater have respect for snyder.. Dont like us but they do respect us in the fact that Snyder plays great football. I think you will have more respect after game 10 though;)

What poll are you looking at the has Snyder and Sweetwater ranked higher than Brownwood. The only poll that really matters ( and none of them "really" matter) is the AP poll and they don't have Snyder or Brownwood even getting any votes at all. Just wandering where your getting your info:doh: :thinking:

Snydertigersrul
10-07-2008, 12:36 PM
Respected By WHO??? The Polls??? No.. not them. Snyder AND Sweetwater are ranked higer.... Who are you taking about then? Brownwood homers??? I agree that you guys could be 2-8 and would still think your the best team in the state. You are consistent though I will give you that. Consistent in the fact that you ONLY respect a team after they have kicked your butts. I dont see that changing. I think the only people in all of 3a who dont respect Snyder are the brownwood folks. Even Sweetwater have respect for snyder.. Dont like us but they do respect us in the fact that Snyder plays great football. I think you will have more respect after game 10 though;)

I think he is referring to the poll on brownwoodlions.com.

:rolleyes:

Texasfootball2
10-07-2008, 12:39 PM
Originally posted by Snydertigersrul
I think he is referring to the poll on brownwoodlions.com.

:rolleyes:

Don't no if I have the stomach to even log on to that website.:spitlol: I have a feeling that everybody on that website has "brown" eyes, because they are so full of _ _ _ _:tisk: well I better not. :D

Rocket
10-07-2008, 12:41 PM
Respect, you have to earn it by WINNING. Victories over TWO REAL CUPCAKES don't impress anyone that knows football. I remember Brownwood posters declaring that they would DOMINATE 3A when learning that they had dropped at realignment. 2-3 doesn't sound like too much dominating and you struggled last week against a bad 4A team. I can't wait to see what excuses you come out with after Wylie takings your team to school Friday night.

The season isn't over yet, BIG BOY. I could careless about non-district. I only worry about District and Playoffs. Snyder has no room to talk. At least one of those cupcakes didn't beat us (BIG SPRING).

Snydertigersrul
10-07-2008, 12:42 PM
The season isn't over yet, BIG BOY. I could careless about non-district. I only worry about District and Playoffs. Snyder has no room to talk. At least one of those cupcakes didn't beat us (BIG SPRING).

Big Spring made the 4A playoffs last year, where was Brownwood?

Rocket
10-07-2008, 12:43 PM
Don't no if I have the stomach to even log on to that website.:spitlol: I have a feeling that everybody on that website has "brown" eyes, because they are so full of _ _ _ _:tisk: well I better not. :D

Actually we give you guys a lot of respect. We just have fun on this website. Talk some smack. Far cry from how we truly feel.

Rocket
10-07-2008, 12:44 PM

Not playing in Big Springs District, that's for sure. I am confused. Which team beat you, this year's Big Spring team or last year's? :thinking:

BreckTxLonghorn
10-07-2008, 12:45 PM
All this thread is, is a post for Brownwood post-padding!:mad:

Snydertigersrul
10-07-2008, 12:45 PM
Not playing in Big Springs District, that's for sure.

THE BOTTOM LINE IS BIG SPRING WAS A PLAYOFF TEAM, BROWNWOOD GOT OUT THE BASKETBALLS.

Texasfootball2
10-07-2008, 12:47 PM
Actually we give you guys a lot of respect. We just have fun on this website. Talk some smack. Far cry from how we truly feel. :clap: :D :) I guess I'll check it out.

Black_Magic
10-07-2008, 12:48 PM
http://snapshot.parade.com/main.php?g2_view=core.DownloadItem&g2_itemId=219595&g2_serialNumber=2

Snydertigersrul
10-07-2008, 12:49 PM
http://snapshot.parade.com/main.php?g2_view=core.DownloadItem&g2_itemId=219595&g2_serialNumber=2

GREAT POST. THAT SHOULD BE REQUIRED READING FOR ROCKET

Rocket
10-07-2008, 12:53 PM
BM and Snydertigersuc..

http://rds.yahoo.com/_ylt=A9G_bHO.oetIOFgA2BGjzbkF/SIG=12lkco1i8/EXP=1223488318/**http%3A//www.shamrocketship.com/photos/vermont_2004/dynamic_duo.jpg

The Dynamic Duo... Brother and Sister.. you guys can fight it out to see which one is the sister.

So I guess Big Spring is Snyder's La Vega? I bet Sweetwater can't wait to use that one on ya...LOL

Get a load of this one BM...
http://rds.yahoo.com/_ylt=A9G_bF8yo.tIC_QA8H.jzbkF/SIG=13b6q06hp/EXP=1223488690/**http%3A//rockybalboa.altervista.org/Rocky%2520III/Rocky%2520strangola%2520Thunderlips.jpg

You got dealt with. :eek:

Rocket
10-07-2008, 01:01 PM
Originally posted by BreckTxLonghorn

Yep.

Lion_Addict
10-07-2008, 01:02 PM

Now..........

Lion_Addict
10-07-2008, 01:03 PM

that.......

Lion_Addict
10-07-2008, 01:04 PM

is...........

Black_Magic
So I guess Big Spring is Snyder's La Vega? I bet Sweetwater can't wait to use that one on ya...LOL Big Spring is Big Spring... Much improved from 07 according to the folks in that district and in Big Spring. As for La Vega....What in the heck does La Vega have to do with anything other than a team that spanked Brownwood??? They are a very good team and were last year too... You didnt think they were any good until AFTER the game. Remember.;) thats the pattern that has gotten everyone giving you such a hard time.

Lion_Addict

just..........

Lion_Addict
10-07-2008, 01:05 PM

rediculous :kiss:

BreckTxLonghorn
10-07-2008, 01:06 PM
Originally posted by Lion_Addict
ridiculous :kiss:

hahahah--nice....

Rocket
10-07-2008, 01:06 PM
Big Spring is Big Spring... Much improved from 07 according to the folks in that district and in Big Spring. As for La Vega....What in the heck does La Vega have to do with anything other than a team that spanked Brownwood??? They are a very good team and were last year too... You didnt think they were any good until AFTER the game. Remember.;) thats the pattern that has gotten everyone giving you such a hard time.

That is not true. I gave La Vega much respect before the game., way more than I will give Snyder, you can believe that. Now you are lying to try to make me look dumb. Not a good move, BM.

Snydertigersrul
10-07-2008, 01:07 PM
I guess they don't teach students at Brownwood how to write in complete sentences.

Lion_Addict
10-07-2008, 01:11 PM
I guess they don't teach students at Brownwood how to write in complete sentences.

Snydertigersrul will one day learn to get a clue. :thinking:
Hot damn!! I think I made a complete sentence!! Woohoo! Better Buttmunch? :rolleyes:

Rocket
10-07-2008, 01:15 PM
To say no impact is wishful thinking. I am sure LV is stacked with speed (nothing Brownwood hasn't seen before). Sometimes losing a player can really have a positive effect, sometimes a negative effect. Most of the time the effect can't be seen until crunch time...

There will be no excuses used after the outcome of this game. LV lost a good one on offense, Brownwood lost a good one on defense. I say it is even.

My take on the game is this... whoever makes the least amount of mistakes wins. Brownwood has the advantage because of home field.

My pick is:

Brownwood 23
La Vega 21

in a nailbiter...

Here is what I said about La Vega. Yeah the disrespect is pouring though...:rolleyes:

Snydertigersrul
10-07-2008, 01:23 PM
POST PADDERS

Ranger Mom
10-07-2008, 01:23 PM

OMG!! That made me laugh!!

Do you any of you oldtimers remember the "download?":D :D

Black_Magic
10-07-2008, 01:30 PM
Here is what I said about La Vega. Yeah the disrespect is pouring though...:rolleyes: everyone knows you said much more in other post.. you post several times regarding each team and I have never ever seen you really give any respect until after the tail kicking has been done... By the way Rocket.. were you even close to being right in your prediction? or did La Vega Spank you?:thinking:

RedWhiteBlue
10-07-2008, 01:45 PM
Originally posted by Ranger Mom
OMG!! That made me laugh!!

Do you any of you oldtimers remember the "download?":D :D
No kidding RM..... I almost fell out of my chair when I read a Snyder poster putting down another school's academic program!!!Wasn't it this time last year we were all asking if Snyder even had an academic program or if they just had athletics? This is freaking hilarious!:clap: :clap:

Rocket
10-07-2008, 02:02 PM
everyone knows you said much more in other post.. you post several times regarding each team and I have never ever seen you really give any respect until after the tail kicking has been done... By the way Rocket.. were you even close to being right in your prediction? or did La Vega Spank you?:thinking:

Fine line between talking smack and disrespect. Nope, I was off on that one. I did get the Big Spring spanking Snyder right though. I got Wylie beating La Vega, too. Can't be right all the time. :rolleyes:

Just think if Snyder played La Vega what the score would have been! Nevermind, not like you would schedule a game you would THINK you would lose. Big Spring backfired on ya...

Black_Magic
10-07-2008, 02:05 PM
Fine line between talking smack and disrespect. Nope, I was off in that one. I did get teh Big Spring spanking Snyder right though. I got Wylie beating La Vega, too. Can't be right all the time. :rolleyes: Well you clearly were not at the Big Spring Snyder game. Snyder had several opportunities to lock that one away and blew them all. Far from any kind of spanking. They won and deserved to win considering the way Snyder played. La Vega on the other hand as I understand it was a real Butt kickin...:thinking:

Rocket
10-07-2008, 02:07 PM
Well you clearly were not at the Big Spring Snyder game. Snyder had several opportunities to lock that one away and blew them all. Far from any kind of spanking. They won and deserved to win considering the way Snyder played. La Vega on the other hand as I understand it was a real Butt kickin...:thinking:

Big Spring beat you. Big Spring spanked you. Big Spring whooped you. Big Spring scored more points. Big Spring won. Big Spring made Snyder their girlfriend.

The correct answer is all of the above.

Why would I waste time and gas watching 2 cupcakes battle it out?

Daddy D 11
10-07-2008, 02:09 PM
Well you clearly were not at the Big Spring Snyder game. Snyder had several opportunities to lock that one away and blew them all. Far from any kind of spanking. They won and deserved to win considering the way Snyder played. La Vega on the other hand as I understand it was a real Butt kickin...:thinking:
Snyder is going to be Wylie and Brownwoods whipping boy:2thumbsup

TripleH
10-07-2008, 02:25 PM
Well you clearly were not at the Big Spring Snyder game. Snyder had several opportunities to lock that one away and blew them all. I have to assume from what I've read on this board that you probably had a least two opportunities to see this game and more if you chose. Do you really want people to believe that the way your offensive line blocked that night that the Tigers had a chance to lock that game away? Come on, take off the Black and Gold glasses and watch that game again.

Rocket
10-07-2008, 02:29 PM
Originally posted by TripleH
I have to assume from what I've read on this board that you probably had a least two opportunities to see this game and more if you chose. Do you really want people to believe that the way your offensive line blocked that night that the Tigers had a chance to lock that game away? Come on, take off the Black and Gold glasses and watch that game again.

Hmmmm.... interesting twist, BM. You got handled sounds like...:eek:

TripleH
10-07-2008, 02:34 PM
Hmmmm.... interesting twist, BM. You got handled sounds like...:eek: With your record for predicting games I wouldn't get on my high horse, it might be a long fall again. :doh:

Rocket
10-07-2008, 02:45 PM
With your record for predicting games I wouldn't get on my high horse, it might be a long fall again. :doh:

Oh I'm not on a high horse, trust me. My 2 cents is worth about that, 2 cents. ;)

I do have an opinion and I will express it. You don't like it, don't read it. By the way, what's my record if you think you know so much about what I have to say?

WWE :rolleyes:

TripleH
10-07-2008, 02:49 PM
Oh I'm not on a high horse, trust me. My 2 cents is worth about that, 2 cents. ;)

I do have an opinion and I will express it. You don't like it, don't read it.

WWE :rolleyes: Gee, so you thought it was funny when I talked a little smack to Black Magic, but didn't like your turn? What's the matter Rocket, is it true you can dish it, just can't take it?:devil:

Texasfootball2
10-07-2008, 02:53 PM
Gee, so you thought it was funny when I talked a little smack to Black Magic, but didn't like your turn? What's the matter Rocket, is it true you can dish it, just can't take it?:devil: :1popcorn:

TripleH
10-07-2008, 02:55 PM
:1popcorn: Is that buttered?:devil:

Rocket
10-07-2008, 03:05 PM
Gee, so you thought it was funny when I talked a little smack to Black Magic, but didn't like your turn? What's the matter Rocket, is it true you can dish it, just can't take it?:devil:

No, it wasn't really funny nor clever. I was making the point that you were giving information that BM was leaving out.

When I told BM "YOU got handled", I was talking about Big Spring handled Snyder. My bad, I should be more clear.

RM gets onto me all the time about my use of you, us, and we.

Rocket
10-07-2008, 03:06 PM
LET'S GET BACK TO BROWNWOOD-WYLIE.

Ranger Mom
10-07-2008, 03:09 PM

RM gets onto me all the time about my use of you, us, and we.

English WAS my best subject in school, grammar in particular!:nerd:

Rocket
10-07-2008, 03:13 PM
English WAS my best subject in school, grammar in particular!:nerd:

Will you please tutor garciap, RM? He is struggling with his grammar. So is STR, as usual.

Yearbook Pic of GarciaP....
http://rds.yahoo.com/_ylt=A9G_bDqOwutIoCgASAOjzbkF/SIG=12si49qh0/EXP=1223496718/**http%3A//english.ttu.edu/kairos/2.2/response/kirschenbaum/kambic/dunce.jpg

TripleH
10-07-2008, 03:17 PM
LET'S GET BACK TO BROWNWOOD-WYLIE. If Brownwood plays turnover free they win this game in a close hard fought contest. If they turn the ball over more than once they lose. I believe Wylie can overcome one turnover and still win the game. Wylie wins the game if they play good pass defense and shut down the Lion passing game. Brownwood must stop an offense this is able to mix both the run and the pass.

Texasfootball2
10-07-2008, 03:44 PM
Okay, I haven't really given my spill on this game, but things have died down a little so let me take a crack at it.

Wylie: Very balanced - have shown that they can win a game by running or passing. Defense: Have held up pretty good against some very strong running teams except for giving up the big play ( both LH and LV had two long TD runs), but for the most part can hold up against the run. The one weakness that Wylie has could cause them some trouble Friday. They tend to let QB get some scramble yards. They have only played one real good passing team and held up pretty good against Canyon last Friday, espcially in the second half.

Brownwood: Mostly depends on the passing game to be successful on offense. Good mobile QB. Seem to get points in spurts and then sputter in spurts. Defense: Seem to be a little suspect against the run but have shown the ability to make some big plays against passing teams. Not sure they have really played a team on their schedule that presents a true balanced attack and can beat you with either if they have to.

Home field should be a slight advantage.

*I think this game comes down to this: If the dawgs can force the Lions to punt four times in this game, they will win. They will have to make some big plays in the secondary or come up with a couple of big sacks to accomplish this. As usual turnovers could play a huge part, but I made my predictions based on turnovers equaling out. If the turnovers are one sided then the game will be one sided either way.:D

Just my opinion, so have it

nobogey72
10-07-2008, 03:45 PM
If Brownwood plays turnover free they win this game in a close hard fought contest. If they turn the ball over more than once they lose. I believe Wylie can overcome one turnover and still win the game. Wylie wins the game if they play good pass defense and shut down the Lion passing game. Brownwood must stop an offense this is able to mix both the run and the pass.

I would generally agree with that. However I don't think that Wylie will "shut down" Brownwood's passing game, but is certainly capable of getting stops and picks. I would imagine that BW whether they win or lose will probably have 250+ yds. passing. I would say that if either team doesn't score at least 28 they will lose. In the last 2 games against BW Wylie has blocked 3 punts. 2 in 06 and 1 last yr. Rocket------before you pop off something about who won both of those I already know.

Daddy D 11
10-07-2008, 03:48 PM
I would generally agree with that. However I don't think that Wylie will "shut down" Brownwood's passing game, but is certainly capable of getting stops and picks. I would imagine that BW whether they win or lose will probably have 250+ yds. passing. I would say that if either team doesn't score at least 28 they will lose. In the last 2 games against BW Wylie has blocked 3 punts. 2 in 06 and 1 last yr. Rocket------before you pop off something about who won both of those I already know.

It's so weird to hear the word punt in a football game..LH just never punts, either we score, fumble or turn it over on downs. Mostly the first though:devil:

Oh, and nobogey..go check the 2-3A volleyball thread:)

Rocket
10-07-2008, 03:52 PM
Okay, I haven't really given my spill on this game, but things have died down a little so let me take a crack at it.

Wylie: Very balanced - have shown that they can win a game by running or passing. Defense: Have held up pretty good against some very strong running teams except for giving up the big play ( both LH and LV had two long TD runs), but for the most part can hold up against the run. The one weakness that Wylie has could cause them some trouble Friday. They tend to let QB get some scramble yards. They have only played one real good passing team and held up pretty good against Canyon last Friday, espcially in the second half.

Brownwood: Mostly depends on the passing game to be successful on offense. Good mobile QB. Seem to get points in spurts and then sputter in spurts. Defense: Seem to be a little suspect against the run but have shown the ability to make some big plays against passing teams. Not sure they have really played a team on their schedule that presents a true balanced attack and can beat you with either if they have to.

Home field should be a slight advantage.

*I think this game comes down to this: If the dawgs can force the Lions to punt four times in this game, they will win. They will have to make some big plays in the secondary or come up with a couple of big sacks to accomplish this. As usual turnovers could play a huge part, but I made my predictions based on turnovers equaling out. If the turnovers are one sided then the game will be one sided either way.:D

Just my opinion, so have it

I see nothing wrong with this. Interesting on the scramble yards, Pachall will eat that up.

I know why LH never punts. Your kicking game is horrible. The BEAST and I got some laughs at the LH kickoffs, can't imagine your Punts.

Rocket
10-07-2008, 03:53 PM
It's so weird to hear the word punt in a football game..LH just never punts, either we score, fumble or turn it over on downs. Mostly the first though:devil:

Oh, and nobogey..go check the 2-3A volleyball thread:)

Brownwood. 1 Punt in the last 2 games.

nobogey72
10-07-2008, 04:05 PM

Liberty Hill- punted 3 times against Wylie. And, yes I know who won the game. But, it wasn't that we didn't get some stops.

Daddy D 11
10-07-2008, 04:06 PM

I know its last year..but I'm pretty sure we didn't punt for 9 straight games:eek: Beat that Rocket:cool:

Gosh I wish you could have seen last years team play, we were unstoppable:2thumbsup

Rocket
10-07-2008, 04:09 PM
Liberty Hill- punted 3 times against Wylie. And, yes I know who won the game. But, it wasn't that we didn't get some stops.

Who won that game?

garciap77
10-07-2008, 04:25 PM
BM and Snydertigersuc..

http://rds.yahoo.com/_ylt=A9G_bHO.oetIOFgA2BGjzbkF/SIG=12lkco1i8/EXP=1223488318/**http%3A//www.shamrocketship.com/photos/vermont_2004/dynamic_duo.jpg

The Dynamic Duo... Brother and Sister.. you guys can fight it out to see which one is the sister.

So I guess Big Spring is Snyder's La Vega? I bet Sweetwater can't wait to use that one on ya...LOL

http://rds.yahoo.com/_ylt=A9G_bF8yo.tIC_QA8H.jzbkF/SIG=13b6q06hp/EXP=1223488690/**http%3A//rockybalboa.altervista.org/Rocky%2520III/Rocky%2520strangola%2520Thunderlips.jpg

http://img240.imageshack.us/img240/5809/roflsmiliemn4.gifhttp://img240.imageshack.us/img240/5809/roflsmiliemn4.gif
http://img240.imageshack.us/img240/5809/roflsmiliemn4.gifhttp://img240.imageshack.us/img240/5809/roflsmiliemn4.gif

garciap77
10-07-2008, 04:29 PM
Big Spring is Big Spring... Much improved from 07 according to the folks in that district and in Big Spring. As for La Vega....What in the heck does La Vega have to do with anything other than a team that spanked Brownwood??? They are a very good team and were last year too... You didnt think they were any good until AFTER the game. Remember.;) thats the pattern that has gotten everyone giving you such a hard time.

:iagree::iagree::iagree:

Earth to Rocket! Earth to Rocket! Read this post!

:p

;)

garciap77
10-07-2008, 04:35 PM
Snyder is going to be Wylie and Brownwoods whipping boy:2thumbsup

McM is Hardin Simmions whipping boy!

garciap77
10-07-2008, 04:37 PM
Gee, so you thought it was funny when I talked a little smack to Black Magic, but didn't like your turn? What's the matter Rocket, is it true you can dish it, just can't take it?:devil:

:1popcorn::1popcorn::1popcorn:

garciap77
10-07-2008, 04:39 PM
LET'S GET BACK TO BROWNWOOD-WYLIE.

Yeah!

http://i220.photobucket.com/albums/dd185/garciap77/qb2-1.jpg

garciap77
10-07-2008, 04:41 PM
Will you please tutor garciap, RM? He is struggling with his grammar. So is STR, as usual.

Yearbook Pic of GarciaP....
http://rds.yahoo.com/_ylt=A9G_bDqOwutIoCgASAOjzbkF/SIG=12si49qh0/EXP=1223496718/**http%3A//english.ttu.edu/kairos/2.2/response/kirschenbaum/kambic/dunce.jpg

Thanks Rocket! For telling on me!

http://i200.photobucket.com/albums/aa179/segite/ANGRY%20PISSED%20OFF/marvin_the_martian.jpg+

Texasfootball2
10-07-2008, 04:51 PM
I see nothing wrong with this. Interesting on the scramble yards, Pachall will eat that up.

I know why LH never punts. Your kicking game is horrible. The BEAST and I got some laughs at the LH kickoffs, can't imagine your Punts.

Acutally our kicking game, espically our punts are very respectable. Not sure where your going with the "your kicking game" statement. We were awful with extra points in the first two games, in fact 0-5. But since then haven't missed one and it has become a strong point with the FG potential.

I really don't think Wylie can win an all out shootout with Bwood. But if this game is in the High 20's, then I give the nod to the dawgs. That is unless one team starts giving the ball away,

Rocket
10-07-2008, 04:52 PM

Who won both of these games?

Rocket
10-07-2008, 04:55 PM
Acutally our kicking game, espically our punts are very respectable. Not sure where your going with the "your kicking game" statement. We were awful with extra points in the first two games, in fact 0-5. But since then haven't missed one and it has become a strong point with the FG potential.

I really don't think Wylie can win an all out shootout with Bwood. But if this game is in the High 20's, then I give the nod to the dawgs. That is unless one team starts giving the ball away,

I was talking to Daddy D (LH) about their kicking game.... easy there.... Liberty Hill's kicking game is a tragedy.

Brownwood has the advantage in the kicking game. Shelby Miller is a beast. Wylie won't return a kickoff. Punts go 50, if we need to punt.

Texasfootball2
10-07-2008, 05:01 PM
I was talking to Daddy D (LH) about the kicking game.... easy there.... Liberty Hill's kicking game is a tragedy.
Well if you read the comment you use the word "your" twice in reference to the kicking game. My Bad!:)

garciap77
10-07-2008, 05:19 PM
Who won both of these games?

http://i220.photobucket.com/albums/dd185/garciap77/broken-record.jpg

cshscougar08
10-07-2008, 05:43 PM
What's the big deal about this game anyway?

Daddy D 11
10-07-2008, 05:49 PM
McM is Hardin Simmions whipping boy!

Not in baseball:clap:

nobogey72
10-07-2008, 05:54 PM
Originally posted by cshscougar08

Nothing other than Brownwood posters think that they are in a class by themselves and have been trying to convince the rest of us to agree for months. We Wylie fans are excited about having the opportunity to hurt their feelings. Truth be told------ it is just one of 5 district games.:)

Rocket
10-07-2008, 06:20 PM
Nothing other than Brownwood posters think that they are in a class by themselves and have been trying to convince the rest of us to agree for months. We Wylie fans are excited about having the opportunity to hurt their feelings. Truth be told------ it is just one of 5 district games.:)

Oh goodness gracious... :rolleyes:

What is your problem nobogey? I am tired of your smack you nacho eating, skittle sucking, sausage on a stick chewing, coke and a smile drinking, hot dog munching, frito pie crunching, big pickle biting, nevermind...

ccmom
10-07-2008, 06:20 PM
Originally posted by cshscougar08

:D Allow me to answer from the perspective of my new friend, Rocket...IF Brownwood wins it will be (in his eyes) the biggest game of the year and will guarantee the Lions a spot in the state championship game. However, if Wylie wins, it will be another insignificant loss in which they were unfairly denied the ball and it will have little or no impact on the rest of their season. JMO love ya, Rocket!!

Rocket
10-07-2008, 06:27 PM
Allow me to answer from the perspective of my new friend, Rocket...IF Brownwood wins it will be (in his eyes) the biggest game of the year and will guarantee the Lions a spot in the state championship game. However, if Wylie wins, it will be another insignificant loss in which they were unfairly denied the ball and it will have little or no impact on the rest of their season. JMO love ya, Rocket!!

:rolleyes: :nerd: :D

Wow, you nailed it ccmom. :rolleyes:

nobogey72
10-07-2008, 06:27 PM
Allow me to answer from the perspective of my new friend, Rocket...IF Brownwood wins it will be (in his eyes) the biggest game of the year and will guarantee the Lions a spot in the state championship game. However, if Wylie wins, it will be another insignificant loss in which they were unfairly denied the ball and it will have little or no impact on the rest of their season. JMO love ya, Rocket!!

That had to leave a mark!!!!!!!:inlove:

garciap77
10-07-2008, 06:28 PM
Not in baseball:clap:

;)

Rocket
10-07-2008, 06:35 PM

This just in.. a picture of ccmom after the Brownwood-Wylie game...

http://cdn.digitalcity.com/aimpgs_horror_acd/woman-scared-150a0815.jpg

If Wylie loses, nobody will be surprised except ccmom.

ccmom
10-07-2008, 06:55 PM
This just in.. a picture of ccmom after the Brownwood-Wylie game...

http://cdn.digitalcity.com/aimpgs_horror_acd/woman-scared-150a0815.jpg

If Wylie loses, nobody will be surprised except ccmom. I really can't believe you drug that picture out! Yes, that is me, but it was taken this past weekend at Hastings. Nobogey was right about your coaches shorts and cowboy boots...not a good look for you, Rocket. But I do admire you for having the guts to bring it all out in the open. The first step in recovery is admitting you have a problem. Come a lil early on Friday and I will take you to fashion school, Rocky...can I call you Rocky?

SNYDER325TIGERS
10-07-2008, 06:55 PM
Big Spring beat you. Big Spring spanked you. Big Spring whooped you. Big Spring scored more points. Big Spring won. Big Spring made Snyder their girlfriend.

The correct answer is all of the above.

Why would I waste time and gas watching 2 cupcakes battle it out?

Fool, we aren't no ones girlfriend, on the other hand Bwood is La Vegas new "mujerzuela":D :D

SNYDER325TIGERS
10-07-2008, 06:59 PM

LH could beat the top 5 4 teams.

It's not that big of a difference, only thing thats different is you have more kids.

SNYDER325TIGERS
10-07-2008, 07:02 PM
Originally posted by Rocket Frenship beat your butt. next...Frenship playing nobody up in the panhandle. They play nobody until Quarters. In 2002, they were 12-0 and 3 to go and we handed them a humiliating loss and we had 4 losses. (I figured i could bring up the past since you did). Frenship is another Celina type situation. Secluded. The best of the worst. Your '08 Bulldogs aren't as good as your '07_ or '06 Bulldogs and we are about to prove it. Frenship already did. Well then what do you say about Snyder winning the scrimmage against Frenship?

SNYDER325TIGERS
10-07-2008, 07:08 PM

Amarillo who?

Pecos. Nuff said.

Dude seriously, Our schedule is what is is...not our coachs fault when teams don't want to play you.

Were all 0-0 now so our schedules in district 2-3A are all the same.

SNYDER325TIGERS
10-07-2008, 07:12 PM

Nicely said.:clap:

SNYDER325TIGERS
10-07-2008, 07:14 PM
What poll are you looking at the has Snyder and Sweetwater ranked higher than Brownwood. The only poll that really matters ( and none of them "really" matter) is the AP poll and they don't have Snyder or Brownwood even getting any votes at all. Just wandering where your getting your info:doh: :thinking:

Even the AP poll doesn't matter, the votes don't win your games...hard work and dedication does.

BEAST
10-07-2008, 07:15 PM
Originally posted by SNYDER325TIGERS
Dude seriously, Our schedule is what is is...not our coachs fault when teams don't want to play you.

Were all 0-0 now so our schedules in district 2-3A are all the same.

Teams dont want to play you? Which teams did yall try to schedule that said oh no, we dont want to play yall?

BEAST

garciap77
10-07-2008, 07:17 PM
That had to leave a mark!!!!!!!:inlove:

:iagree:

http://i220.photobucket.com/albums/dd185/garciap77/ist2_1863863-black-eye-1.jpg

;)

SNYDER325TIGERS
10-07-2008, 07:18 PM
BM and Snydertigersuc..

Naw thats looks nothing like either one of them.:tisk:

BM looks more like this:http://i35.tinypic.com/2qcnrqd.jpg:D

grmfan93
10-07-2008, 07:18 PM
pretty sure wylie will win

SNYDER325TIGERS
10-07-2008, 07:19 PM
Originally posted by BEAST
Teams dont want to play you? Which teams did yall try to schedule that said oh no, we dont want to play yall?

BEAST

Monahans for 1...

BEAST
10-07-2008, 07:21 PM
Monahans for 1...

Monahans? What about the rest of your predistrict? I think that leaves four more games.

BEAST

SNYDER325TIGERS
10-07-2008, 07:28 PM
Monahans? What about the rest of your predistrict? I think that leaves four more games.

BEAST

Well I don't know which other teams, like blackmagic said Monahans said no.

I don't schedule the games so I don't know.

And like he also said, a lot of teams don't want to play you when you went to the semi-finals.

TripleH
10-07-2008, 07:35 PM
Honest answer guys.

1. If Wylie beats Brownwood do they run the table and win district?

2. Same scenerio but with Brownwood beating Wylie, do they run the table and win district?

SNYDER325TIGERS
10-07-2008, 07:39 PM
Honest answer guys.

2. Same scenerio but with Brownwood beating Wylie, do they run the table and win district?

No, well I don't think so...cause for example. La Vega beats Bwood, but Wylie beats La Vega...we can't say Wylie is going to beat Brownwood, they might of just had a bad game when playing them.

Every team has their bad game or (s) like Snyder/Big Spring

LH Panther Mom
10-07-2008, 07:40 PM
I was talking to Daddy D (LH) about their kicking game.... easy there.... Liberty Hill's kicking game is a tragedy.
And again, you didn't get to see our normal kicker, who is also our punter, because of an ankle injury. He's got 3 punts, 40-yd avg.

Anywho.....

I'm certainly not an expert on either team, or even football in general, so take my post with a grain of salt if you want. I was fortunate to see both teams play, so I have a little bit of a clue about each. And if I get something wrong, I'll just play the chick card. :D :p

Wylie's QB, Preston has very good scrambling abilities, close to, if not equal to Pachall's. His arm may not be as strong, but his legs sure are, which should keep the "sack" factor down. I could go on and on about Pachall and the Brownwood WR's but it would probably be redundant. ;) Just know that they are VERY good. Pachall can sit back in the pocket and wait all day if needed, and the one game I saw him, his OL did a good job of keeping our defense from getting to him, for the most part.

I think the game will come down to defense and which one can keep the other's offense at bay. I have no clue how AW's pass defense is since I didn't actually witness it. :D I will say if it's a running game defense, they will take the edge.

BEAST
10-07-2008, 07:42 PM
Honest answer guys.

I will get hammered for homerism but this is my honest answer. I think Brownwood would have an easier time running the table and here is why. Brownwood doesnt really have any real history or rivalry with anyone in the district. We have played Wylie and Water the last few years but nothing to heated. Wylie on the other hand has played these teams for years and most of these teams see Wylie as the "Big Boy" of the district which puts a bigger target on their back.

That being said, I think it will be hard to run the table for either of the teams.

BEAST

SNYDER325TIGERS
10-07-2008, 07:43 PM
And again, you didn't get to see our normal kicker, who is also our punter, because of an ankle injury. He's got 3 punts, 40-yd avg.

Anywho.....

I'm certainly not an expert on either team, or even football in general, so take my post with a grain of salt if you want. I was fortunate to see both teams play, so I have a little bit of a clue about each. And if I get something wrong, I'll just play the chick card. :D :p

Wylie's QB, Preston has very good scrambling abilities, close to, if not equal to Pachall's. His arm may not be as strong, but his legs sure are, which should keep the "sack" factor down. I could go on and on about Pachall and the Brownwood WR's but it would probably be redundant. ;) Just know that they are VERY good. Pachall can sit back in the pocket and wait all day if needed, and the one game I saw him, his OL did a good job of keeping our defense from getting to him, for the most part.

I think the game will come down to defense and which one can keep the other's offense at bay. I have no clue how AW's pass defense is since I didn't actually witness it. :D I will say if it's a running game defense, they will take the edge.

Good post.

I think Wylie's D will get through Bwoods OL, but I don't know...it can be either way, but we will see what happens Friday night.

BEAST
10-07-2008, 07:45 PM
No, well I don't think so...cause for example. La Vega beats Bwood, but Wylie beats La Vega...we can't say Wylie is going to beat Brownwood, they might of just had a bad game when playing them.

Every team has their bad game or (s) like Snyder/Big Spring

Go back and read the very top of Triple Hs post.

BEAST

garciap77
10-07-2008, 07:46 PM
Honest answer guys.

If we beat BW...........

I do not know about running the table, but I think we win district! Sweetwater and Snyder will be not be an easy win. I believe both teams will be playing their best. Wylie will play SW at home It's hard to beat SW at home. Snyder has had our number the last two times we have played, so I do not see running the table, not at all. And we can not forget Graham. Take them to lightly and they can beat you.

SNYDER325TIGERS
10-07-2008, 07:47 PM
I will get hammered for homerism but this is my honest answer. I think Brownwood would have an easier time running the table and here is why. Brownwood doesnt really have any real history or rivalry with anyone in the district. We have played Wylie and Water the last few years but nothing to heated. Wylie on the other hand has played these teams for years and most of these teams see Wylie as the "Big Boy" of the district which puts a bigger target on their back.

That being said, I think it will be hard to run the table for either of the teams.

BEAST

Good post, this is how is went when Snyder, Wylie, and Sweetwater were together:

Sweetwater beats Snyder
Wylie beats Sweetwater
Snyder beats Wylie

I always counted on losing to Sweetwater but beating Wylie lol, i'm excited to see how it goes this year, and to be with them again.

BEAST
10-07-2008, 07:47 PM
Good post.

I think Wylie's D will get through Bwoods OL, but I don't know...it can be either way, but we will see what happens Friday night.

We finally got all of our starting olineman back for this game. We had 2 JV lineman starting since the LaVega game. Included in that is LSU bound 6'5" 305 left tackle. Our Oline will be fine.

BEAST

LH Panther Mom
10-07-2008, 07:49 PM
LH could beat the top 5 4 teams.

It's not that big of a difference, only thing thats different is you have more kids.
:doh: :doh: I don't know about that! And none of them in the area wanted to find out. :p

SNYDER325TIGERS
10-07-2008, 07:50 PM
If we beat BW...........

I do not know about running the table, but I think we win district! Sweetwater and Snyder will be not be an easy win. I believe both teams will be playing their best. Wylie will play SW at home It's hard to beat SW at home. Snyder has had our number the last two times we have played, so I do not see running the table, not at all. And we can not forget Graham. Take them to lightly and they can beat you.

I'm really looking foward to it.

And I agree about Graham, they could suprise us all the moment anyone under estimates them.

I think Breckenridge is just having a rough year, but you can't count them out either.

garciap77
10-07-2008, 07:53 PM

BEAST

Beast you are right on target! That bigger target on our back is why I feel Wylie can not run the table if we beat BW.

SNYDER325TIGERS
10-07-2008, 08:01 PM
Originally posted by BEAST We finally got all of our starting olineman back for this game._ We had 2 JV lineman starting since the LaVega game._ Included in that is LSU bound 6'5" 305 left tackle._ Our Oline will be fine.BEAST #53 Daniel Samia 6'2" 295lbs#54 Patrick Meighan 6'4" 305lbs#65 Michael Varela 6'0" 250lbs#66 Tony Perales 6'2" 250lbs#72 Dylan Early 6'1" 240lbs#74 Fabian Gutierrez 5'10" 270lbs

garciap77
10-07-2008, 08:05 PM
#53 Daniel Samia 6'2" 295lbs#54 Patrick Meighan 6'4" 305lbs#65 Michael Varela 6'0" 250lbs#66 Tony Perales 6'2" 250lbs#72 Dylan Early 6'1" 240lbs#74 Fabian Gutierrez 5'10" 270lbs

Wylie DBs 4'-"10!

Rocket
10-07-2008, 08:07 PM
Fool, we aren't no ones girlfriend, on the other hand Bwood is La Vegas new "mujerzuela":D :D

How can you talk crap when you got beat by Big Spring?

Rocket
10-07-2008, 08:08 PM
Well then what do you say about Snyder winning the scrimmage against Frenship?

LOL Congrats, did you count it in your record?

garciap77
10-07-2008, 08:08 PM
This is getting boring! Where is Rocket?

;)

garciap77
10-07-2008, 08:09 PM

He is back!!!!!

:clap: :clap: :clap:

;)

SNYDER325TIGERS
10-07-2008, 08:10 PM

I know we did, we played horrible too...I promise you it was a fluke.

And it's all in fun Rocket. In reality I respect Bwood, and everyone on this board.

SNYDER325TIGERS
10-07-2008, 08:10 PM
LOL Congrats, did you count it in your record?

FYI our record is 0-0:confused:

TripleH
10-07-2008, 08:16 PM
Go back and read the very top of Triple Hs post.

BEAST :clap: Great job BEAST and yes the top of the post had to who the question was addressed.:thumbsup:

TripleH
10-07-2008, 08:17 PM

Every team has their bad game or (s) like Snyder/Big Spring So, are you BEAST or Rocket?

Rocket
10-07-2008, 08:20 PM
Chat???? let's do it..keep it respectable

WylieBulldog92
10-07-2008, 08:23 PM
Chat???? let's do it..keep it respectable
I'm there.

slingshot
10-07-2008, 10:05 PM
Back to football... reviewing the new Massey Ratings shows some interesting things--the matchup everyone is looking forward to, how will Wylie's #4 rated defense stand up to the challenge of Brownwood's #6 rated offense? Will the Wylie d-line be able to put pressure on Pachal? Will the d-backs be able to match up to Brownwood's gifted recievers? Can the Brownwood line and backs pick up the blitz from Wylie's speedy outside LB's and Jennings in the middle?
Getting lost in all of this is probably the more important question--how will the #24 Brownwood defense measure up to the #16 Wylie offense? IMHO this is where the game will be won or lost--I really think in all seriousness that Brownwood has probably been working real hard to shore up the much maligned defense. I also think Wylie's D will be much better prepared for the aerial onslaught than certain Brownwood posters believe... Yes, they will hit some big plays--they just won't make a living at it. This will be a classic... can't wait!

SNYDER325TIGERS
10-07-2008, 11:30 PM
Originally posted by slingshot
Back to football... reviewing the new Massey Ratings shows some interesting things--the matchup everyone is looking forward to, how will Wylie's #4 rated defense stand up to the challenge of Brownwood's #6 rated offense? Will the Wylie d-line be able to put pressure on Pachal? Will the d-backs be able to match up to Brownwood's gifted recievers? Can the Brownwood line and backs pick up the blitz from Wylie's speedy outside LB's and Jennings in the middle?
Getting lost in all of this is probably the more important question--how will the #24 Brownwood defense measure up to the #16 Wylie offense? IMHO this is where the game will be won or lost--I really think in all seriousness that Brownwood has probably been working real hard to shore up the much maligned defense. I also think Wylie's D will be much better prepared for the aerial onslaught than certain Brownwood posters believe... Yes, they will hit some big plays--they just won't make a living at it. This will be a classic... can't wait!

Nice.

SNYDER325TIGERS
10-07-2008, 11:33 PM
MaxPreps has predicted:

Brownwood: 35.2

Abilene Wylie: 23.4

Now i'm pretty sure this is going to be a higher scoring game than that.

Snydertigersrul
10-07-2008, 11:34 PM
MaxPreps has predicted:

Brownwood: 35.2

Abilene Wylie: 23.4

Now i'm pretty sure this is going to be a higher scoring game than that.

For Wylie, brownwood won't score three touchdowns

nobogey72
10-08-2008, 05:23 AM
One thing that might have helped in Wylie's preparation for Brownwood (and BTW I think whoever wins will be the team that is the best prepared) is that having played 2 common opponents and Brownwood having played each of them first, we probably got the LH/Brownwood film in prep for LH, and the LV/Brownwood film in prep for LV, (which might be two of the films that Brownwood game us anyway) but that along with all our coaches getting to see BW live last Friday vs Manor (and I know Brownwood got to see us live vs. Canyon) is huge. Anyway, my point is that I think preparation is always the most important key key for any team, and I feel great about Wylie's preparation going into this game. Whether or not they are able to execute it will determine the game.IMO
Have I ever mentioned that I love HS football?:inlove: :inlove:

BwdLion_80
10-08-2008, 05:34 AM
FYI, Wylie played LH before Brownwood did. The night Wylie played LH Brownwood was playing LaVega.:doh:

nobogey72
10-08-2008, 05:43 AM
Originally posted by BwdLion_80
FYI, Wylie played LH before Brownwood did. The night Wylie played LH Brownwood was playing LaVega.:doh:

Woops. that's right. But, that's even better because we had scouts there, and knowing that we would later be playing BOTH teams, I'm sure we charted both. My point I guess is that having 2 common opponents of that quality gave both teams chances to become even more familiar with tendencies and personnel.

RedWhiteBlue
10-08-2008, 07:45 AM
I really can't believe you drug that picture out! Yes, that is me, but it was taken this past weekend at Hastings. Nobogey was right about your coaches shorts and cowboy boots...not a good look for you, Rocket. But I do admire you for having the guts to bring it all out in the open. The first step in recovery is admitting you have a problem. Come a lil early on Friday and I will take you to fashion school, Rocky...can I call you Rocky?
I think you and I will get along just dandy ccmom! Us girls have got to stick together!!:cheerl:

Bullaholic
10-08-2008, 09:51 AM
Crowd estimate for this one?

Rocket
10-08-2008, 09:58 AM
I really can't believe you drug that picture out! Yes, that is me, but it was taken this past weekend at Hastings. Nobogey was right about your coaches shorts and cowboy boots...not a good look for you, Rocket. But I do admire you for having the guts to bring it all out in the open. The first step in recovery is admitting you have a problem. Come a lil early on Friday and I will take you to fashion school, Rocky...can I call you Rocky?

I don't care what you call me, ccmom. Rocky is fine, but RedWhitBlue has a big crush on me, so you ladies don't start fighting over me.:inlove: :clap: :thinking:

Ranger Mom
10-08-2008, 10:00 AM
Come a lil early on Friday and I will take you to fashion school, Rocky...can I call you Rocky?

I like it!!

I found a pic of "Rocky" and his big friend! He likes us to think the "B" stands for BEAST...but we all that it's nothing more than a bunch of "Bullwinkle!!":p

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v255/RangerMom1/Bullwinkle___Rocky_BDAY.jpg

Texasfootball2
10-08-2008, 10:00 AM
Originally posted by Bullaholic
Crowd estimate for this one?
Well the stadium is suppose to seat 7800, and with Abilene High not playing until Sat. I think there will be a lot of AHS fans make this one. My guess will be around 8500 +/- , that is if Brownwood turns out strong and fills 70% of the visitors side. I think Abilene High fans will take the other 30% because there is never any seats on the Wylie side for any game.

RedWhiteBlue
10-08-2008, 10:03 AM
I don't care what you call me, ccmom. Rocky is fine, but RedWhitBlue has a big crush on me, so you ladies don't start fighting over me.:inlove: :clap: :thinking:
Excuse me Leroy- how does it go now? Who has a crush on who?:confused:

Rocket
10-08-2008, 10:08 AM
Originally posted by RedWhiteBlue
Excuse me Leroy- how does it go now? Who has a crush on who?:confused:

Hey, I don't just let anybody call me Leroy. ;):kiss:

RedWhiteBlue
10-08-2008, 10:12 AM
Hey, I don't just let anybody call me Leroy. ;):kiss:
That's what I thought!:kiss:

Rocket
10-08-2008, 10:12 AM
I like it!!

I found a pic of "Rocky" and his big friend! He likes us to think the "B" stands for BEAST...but we all that it's nothing more than a bunch of "Bullwinkle!!":p

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v255/RangerMom1/Bullwinkle___Rocky_BDAY.jpg

Nice! Don't worry RM, retirbution cometh...

This is more like it...
http://images.hugi.is/box/103721.jpg

Rocket
10-08-2008, 10:16 AM
That's what I thought!:kiss:

I think it's cute that you have a crush on me, RWB. You'll get over it though. In time...

Ranger Mom
10-08-2008, 10:19 AM
Nice! Don't worry RM, retirbution cometh...

This is more like it...
http://images.hugi.is/box/103721.jpg

Dude!!

Remember...I met you!!;) :p

RedWhiteBlue
10-08-2008, 10:19 AM
I think it's cute that you have a crush on me, RWB. You'll get over it though. In time...
And I think it's cute that you think anyone would have a crush on you, Leroy.:inlove:

Rocket
10-08-2008, 10:27 AM
Dude!!

That was back in my hey day...

If you can say I look like like a cartoon flying squirrel, then I can say I look like Rocky Balboa, The Italian Stallion. ;)

Rocket
10-08-2008, 10:28 AM
And I think it's cute that you think anyone would have a crush on you, Leroy.:inlove:

Anyone? Wow.. that hurt... :nerd:

Ranger Mom
10-08-2008, 10:29 AM
That was back in my hey day...

If you can say I look like like a cartoon flying squirrel, then I can say I look like Rocky Balboa, The Italian Stallion. ;)

You must admit that you and BEAST together COULD pass for Rocky and Bullwinkle.....just by the size difference!!:D :D

RedWhiteBlue
10-08-2008, 10:36 AM
Anyone? Wow.. that hurt... :nerd:
Just teasing sweetie pie.:kiss:

Rocket
10-08-2008, 11:21 AM
You must admit that you and BEAST together COULD pass for Rocky and Bullwinkle.....just by the size difference!!:D :D

Yeah the BEAST is a beast. I'm just average. But I could whoop go blue pretty easily if forced to. :D

Rocket
10-08-2008, 11:22 AM
Just teasing sweetie pie.:kiss:

It's ok RWB... I can't stay mad at you for longer than 5 minutes. You know that.:inlove:

Ranger Mom
10-08-2008, 11:25 AM
Yeah the BEAST is a beast. I'm just average. But I could whoop go blue pretty easily if forced to. :D

I think I could take him too!!:D

RattlerDude
10-08-2008, 11:26 AM
Why does Brownwood have to play so many good teams? La Vega, Wylie, who else? I think they had to play Liberty Hill right. Thats just not cool

Lion_Addict
10-08-2008, 11:28 AM
It's ok RWB... I can't stay mad at you for longer than 5 minutes. You know that.:inlove:

Yawl lose the room key or what??? :eek: :eek:

RedWhiteBlue
10-08-2008, 11:37 AM
Yawl lose the room key or what??? :eek: :eek:
You and Nobogey had it last- do you know what happened to it?:eek: :eek:

Ranger Mom
10-08-2008, 11:41 AM
You and Nobogey had it last- do you know what happened to it?:eek: :eek:

They have probably been playing "hide the key" again!!:doh:

DaHop72
10-08-2008, 11:42 AM
You and Nobogey had it last- do you know what happened to it?:eek: :eek: ZZZZIIIINNNGGG!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

nobogey72
10-08-2008, 11:44 AM
This is all making me sick at my stomach!!!!!! Cutie pie, and sweetie and all that crap. Rocket----- It's Wednesday, HelLOW!!! You are supposed to be talking about your 6'8 extrememly athletic receivers---- and "you people have no earthly idea", and throwing fade after fade and there's nothing we can do about it, and Wylie is "no-La Vega", and all that other garbage you have been spewing out the past several MONTHS. What's the deal? Do you now realize that it's close to PUT UP OR SHUT UP time? All of a sudden it's cutie pie and sweetie and yackity yackity yackity BS. I thought you had a little more spunk than this.:dispntd: :dispntd: :dispntd:

garciap77
10-08-2008, 11:45 AM
Dude!!

http://i220.photobucket.com/albums/dd185/garciap77/ist2_1863863-black-eye-1.jpg

garciap77
10-08-2008, 11:49 AM

http://i220.photobucket.com/albums/dd185/garciap77/16101w8tqzfekvi.gif

RedWhiteBlue
10-08-2008, 12:04 PM
This is all making me sick at my stomach!!!!!! Cutie pie, and sweetie and all that crap. Rocket----- It's Wednesday, HelLOW!!! You are supposed to be talking about your 6'8 extrememly athletic receivers---- and "you people have no earthly idea", and throwing fade after fade and there's nothing we can do about it, and Wylie is "no-La Vega", and all that other garbage you have been spewing out the past several MONTHS. What's the deal? Do you now realize that it's close to PUT UP OR SHUT UP time? All of a sudden it's cutie pie and sweetie and yackity yackity yackity BS. I thought you had a little more spunk than this.:dispntd: :dispntd: :dispntd:
It's okay my darlin' Bogey- we still wuv you, too!!!:inlove:
Now the 2 of you can get back to all that behind the woodshed scrapping you guys have been doing......:mad:

Texasfootball2
10-08-2008, 12:08 PM
It's okay my darlin' Bogey- we still wuv you, too!!!:inlove:
Now the 2 of you can get back to all that behind the woodshed scrapping you guys have been doing......:mad:

Typical women:D get the guys all worked up and:hand: :tisk: then cut their legs out from under them and tell them to get back to what they were doing:clap: Typical I say, Typical!

Lion_Addict
10-08-2008, 12:09 PM
Prediction.....after the game is over, you Wylie peeps are gonna be wishing you would've had a 3rd week of preparation(H). Coach Hugh will continue to scratch his head, wondering how the hell to get it done against Brownwood.....as once again Wylie is "OWNED"!:evillol: :evillol: :evillol: :taunt: :taunt:

Lion_Addict
10-08-2008, 12:11 PM
Typical women:D get the guys all worked up and:hand: :tisk: then cut their legs out from under them and tell them to get back to what they were doing:clap: Typical I say, Typical!

:clap: :clap: :iagree:

Texasfootball2
10-08-2008, 12:16 PM
Prediction.....after the game is over, you Wylie peeps are gonna be wishing you would've had a 3rd week of preparation(H). Coach Hugh will continue to scratch his head, wondering how the hell to get it done against Brownwood.....as once again Wylie is "OWNED"!:evillol: :evillol: :evillol: :taunt: :taunt:

Prediction: None of the Brownwood posters will make it to Mr. Burger before the game, because they are all meeting their after the game to have the late night special which will be on sell shortly after the game.

The special would be "The Crow Burger":) with two all "Beast" paties, special sauce (made special by Nobogey:speech: ), and a "Rocket" rootbeer float, with a side order of "addict" fries.:D

Lion_Addict
10-08-2008, 12:18 PM
Prediction: None of the Brownwood posters will make it to Mr. Burger before the game, because they are all meeting their after the game to have the late night special which will be on sell shortly after the game.

The special would be "The Crow Burger":) with two all "Beast" paties, special sauce (made special by Nobogey:speech: ), and a "Rocket" rootbeer float, with a side order of "addict" fries.:D

Would "Touche'" but I'm sure RM 's around somewhere and will start talking about those wild dreams of hers :D

Texasfootball2
10-08-2008, 12:21 PM
Would "Touche'" but I'm sure RM 's around somewhere and will start talking about those wild dreams of hers :D Did you say "wild dreams":thinking: and RM;) :kiss: Oh baby:smoker:

Darn, now you gals got me going

Lion_Addict
10-08-2008, 12:24 PM
They have probably been playing "hide the key" again!!:doh:

Is there not a "pole" with your name on it somewhere??? Don't be late woman! :eek: :p

Texasfootball2
10-08-2008, 12:25 PM
Is there not a "pole" with your name on it somewhere??? Don't be late woman! :eek: :p :ditto: :2thumbsup :clap: :D

garciap77
10-08-2008, 12:26 PM
:hijacktd:

;)

Rocket
10-08-2008, 12:40 PM

I am not interested in any special sauce by nobogey, trust me. There will be no crow eaten by Brownwood, period. Even if we get beat, we are still the better overall team. I have no doubt about that. The best team doesn't always win. You people have no earthly idea. Our 6'5 WR's will catch TD's all day on your 4'-6 CB's. We have 7 State Championships and we own Wylie.

That's all I have to say about that...
http://rds.yahoo.com/_ylt=A9G_bDlv8OxIcxwAiHijzbkF/SIG=12csqlt4a/EXP=1223573999/**http%3A//www.iwatchstuff.com/2007/03/07/forrest-gump-2.jpg

Lion_Addict
10-08-2008, 12:41 PM
I am not interested in any special sauce by nobogey, trust me. There will be no crow eaten by Brownwood, period. Even if we get beat, we are still the better overall team. I have no doubt about that. The best team doesn't always win. You people have no earthly idea. Our 6'5 WR's will catch TD's all day on your 4'-6 CB's. We have 7 State Championships and we own Wylie.

http://rds.yahoo.com/_ylt=A9G_bDlv8OxIcxwAiHijzbkF/SIG=12csqlt4a/EXP=1223573999/**http%3A//www.iwatchstuff.com/2007/03/07/forrest-gump-2.jpg

:clap: :clap: :clap: :iagree: :iagree:

Daddy D 11
10-08-2008, 12:48 PM
Even if we get beat, we are still the better overall team. I have no doubt about that.

That's got to be the quote of the year right there:rolleyes:

nobogey72
10-08-2008, 12:56 PM
That's got to be the quote of the year right there:rolleyes:

He said that in a sarcastic way, but, we all know that is the way he really thinks. He can say he was just jacking around, or wants us to think he is jacking around, but the "stench" is too strong for such a feeble cover-up.

garciap77
10-08-2008, 12:59 PM

Rocket I would like to make a correction with your post!

Our DBs are 4'-10".

;)

Rocket
10-08-2008, 01:10 PM
He said that in a sarcastic way, but, we all know that is the way he really thinks. He can say he was just jacking around, or wants us to think he is jacking around, but the "stench" is too strong for such a feeble cover-up.

I was honoring nobogey's request...

Rocket
10-08-2008, 02:20 PM
Rocket I would like to make a correction with your post!

Our DBs are 4'-10".

;)

Request DENIED.

NEXT!

garciap77
10-08-2008, 02:52 PM
Request DENIED.

NEXT!

:mad:

;)

waterboy
10-08-2008, 02:55 PM
I only have one thing to say about this game:

:cheerl: GO WYLIE!:cheerl:

Texasfootball2
10-08-2008, 03:01 PM
Originally posted by waterboy
I only have one thing to say about this game:

Hey Brownwood, I guess ole waterboy is saying "hears BUCK in ur EYE":2thumbsup

Rocket
10-08-2008, 03:07 PM
Hey Brownwood, I guess ole waterboy is saying "hears BUCK in ur EYE":2thumbsup

Waterboy... You're fired...

http://assets.espn.go.com/i/magazine/new/sandler_waterboy.jpg

nobogey72
10-08-2008, 03:12 PM
I know now why all of a sudden the Brownwood folks are getting soft. They are spending all their energy on Llano vs. Burnet. Brownwood is begging Llano to win so that Burnet will have 3 losses and therefore LH will go Div 1 from that district. They don't want to get spanked by the same team 2x in one yr. Especially a little ol' 3A team. See, Wylie people take everything 1 game at a time, seeing as how that is all we can control. Brownwood, on the other hand likes to look way down the road, seeing as how they are in a class by themselves in this district. They used to be 4A in case anybody didn't know that already, and there is a huge difference.
:1popcorn: :1popcorn: :taunt: :stirpot:

waterboy
10-08-2008, 03:15 PM
Waterboy... You're fired...

http://assets.espn.go.com/i/magazine/new/sandler_waterboy.jpg
I don't care ........... as long as I still get paid! You betta getcha popcorn ready! It's gonna be anotha barnburner!:1popcorn:

Oh, and one more thing ......................

:stirpot:

awylie8
10-08-2008, 06:00 PM
Well I have sat here and listened to all this crap as long as I can! The only one making any sense concerning this game is Nobogey. Bless him-- HE GETS IT!!!! Rocket, Where in this world did your stinking thinking come from. I understand your loyalty to " The Wood" ( by the way, the only wood that will be handed out Friday night will be out behind the Wood Shed for an old fashioned SPANKING by Sandifer and crew) but please look at the facts. Man for man Wylie has better athletes. I feel for Coach Copeland this week. I'm sure he has lost sleep trying to figure out how to stop our offense with his D. Very suspect! Wylie has too many running backs and can keep fresh legs on the field all night. Last 2 years you have caught us in the first week with a QB that has never taken a varsity snap and his legs not under him, but this year OOPS 7th week and 5 games under his belt. Watch out!! I believe Bwd's only chance is if Wylie D cannot contain your QB. We can't let him run wild. You will get a couple of big plays, but will not be enough. Sorry boys, but there is a butt kicking headed your way.

Wylie--35
Bwd -- 21