PDA

View Full Version : Bridgeport 59 Graham 27 Final

Bullaholic
10-04-2008, 08:43 AM
The first half of this game was all shoot-out. The teams traded 3 TD's each on all big plays for a 21-21 first quarter. The Bulls began to pull away at the half 35-21. The Bull "D" rose up and held the Steers to 1 second half score, and the prolific Bull "O" continued to add 24 more points in the second half. Graham has the nucleus for a great team the next couple of seasons with McCoy & Co.---they can move the ball.

VWG
10-04-2008, 12:03 PM
Originally posted by Bullaholic
The first half of this game was all shoot-out. The teams traded 3 TD's each on all big plays for a 21-21 first quarter. The Bulls began to pull away at the half 35-21. The Bull "D" rose up and held the Steers to 1 second half score, and the prolific Bull "O" continued to add 24 more points in the second half. Graham has the nucleus for a great team the next couple of seasons with McCoy & Co.---they can move the ball.

I hear some of Graham's starters are still in diapers that team is so young.
:D :D :D :D :D

Anybody make this game? Heard GISD got that big new scoreboard up at the stadium.

slpybear the bullfan
10-04-2008, 12:07 PM
Field turf and a big scoreboard with videoscreen. If you ever added real parking it would be a fantastic stadium. I wondered why Graham spent all that cash to upgrade the field when it is trapped in a neighborhood with little chance of any parking ever becoming available.

LOL, also gotta concur with some other comments... If your team is the steers, why keep showing commericals on the big screen for steak, burgers, etc. It was kinda funny.

JR2004
10-04-2008, 12:57 PM
Thanks for nothing Bridgeport! I predicted 69-7 and you only put 59 on the board! :mad: :mad:

popcorn screen
10-04-2008, 01:02 PM
Players in diapers - that is wrong, but funny.

westcoast54
10-04-2008, 10:46 PM
Should be an interesting game next week when Bridgeport and Burk square off. That just might be for the District Championship.

kepdawg
10-04-2008, 10:47 PM
Originally posted by slpybear the bullfan
Field turf and a big scoreboard with videoscreen. If you ever added real parking it would be a fantastic stadium. I wondered why Graham spent all that cash to upgrade the field when it is trapped in a neighborhood with little chance of any parking ever becoming available.

LOL, also gotta concur with some other comments... If your team is the steers, why keep showing commericals on the big screen for steak, burgers, etc. It was kinda funny.

Just park in somebody's yard!

BurkFan
10-05-2008, 09:53 AM
It was a great game to watch. Bulls have a really good team. We kept wondering about all the dead-ball personal fouls being called deep in the secondary...and including the one player for the Bulls getting ejected. Maybe some trash-talking to an extreme?

All-in-all we like the speed the Bulls show. We also think the Steers will have some good years if they can get their receivers to stop dropping passes.

The Bulls quarterback looked good. He is small but very quick and pretty accurate. His brother is also quick.

And the parking in Graham is horrible! But I guess we needed to walk a little bit too!

Next weeks game should be very good.

Go Burkburnett Bulldogs!

saydawg
10-05-2008, 05:03 PM
Will trade walking a little bit for a great stadium anyday!

BwdLions
10-06-2008, 11:42 AM
They're almost finished building two parking lots next to the new field house north of the stadium. That will help out a lot. The Graham football players will be able to park over there (and the visting players' buses since the visting team will suit out in the new field house). That will get the parking lot on the home side cleared out where the football players park now and the curb next to the visitor's side where the visting teams buses park.

RedWhiteBlue
10-06-2008, 12:02 PM
Originally posted by BwdLions
They're almost finished building two parking lots next to the new field house north of the stadium. That will help out a lot. The Graham football players will be able to park over there (and the visting players' buses since the visting team will suit out in the new field house). That will get the parking lot on the home side cleared out where the football players park now and the curb next to the visitor's side where the visting teams buses park.
Actually, the parking lot will be where our old practice field used to be on the southwest corner of the school complex- where all of the contractors building on to our new high school have all of their equipment right now. The grass field next to the field house will eventually be our new practice field once it is all level and the coaches feel it is safe for our guys to practice on.
When any of you guys travel to Burk, just make sure you park in the APPROPRIATE zones or your car will be towed.
The steak commercials on our new live video board are advertising for the Wildcatter Steakhouse- one of our local supporters. You guys should try it sometime it is an awesome place with great atmosphere.
Sorry the parking is bad right now- but it will get better!
And yes, our boys are young- but they play hard!!!:D

RMAC
10-06-2008, 12:13 PM
Originally posted by slpybear the bullfan

Being from there, that was is one thing I love about the town. Since the whole town is pretty much a giant neighborhood, on a Friday night, I could be at any friend's house and see nothing but the lights of the field. Yeah, parking is horrible, but a lot of people, my parents included, just walk. It only takes about 10 minutes from my house.

RedWhiteBlue
10-06-2008, 01:01 PM
Originally posted by RMAC
Being from there, that was is one thing I love about the town. Since the whole town is pretty much a giant neighborhood, on a Friday night, I could be at any friend's house and see nothing but the lights of the field. Yeah, parking is horrible, but a lot of people, my parents included, just walk. It only takes about 10 minutes from my house.
Yep, it is about 2 minutes from mine- so I don't care about the parking either. And I definitely love where our field is and the arrangement.:) New turf, bathrooms, scoreboard, field house and high school really is going to make it nice!

RedWhiteBlue
10-06-2008, 01:12 PM
Originally posted by Bullaholic
Thank you for the nice things you said about our boys. Good luck you and the rest of the season!!:clap:

BurkFan
10-07-2008, 10:26 AM
My wife, who had never been to Graham before, said she loves Grahams streets and the houses that we drove and walked by. It was not a bad walk at all.

We were shocked though to see that some people actually parked in front of fire hydrants. How goofy can you be to park there? In Burk we tow you for parking on dirt! LOL! Fire hydrants? Heck they will go to your house and tow your other cars for that!!!

The stadium in Graham is very, very nice! The videoboard and field are phenomenal for any team! You should all be proud! Although I cannot get the "...DQ...that's what I like about Texas..." jingle out of my head!

Oh and Montana Restaurant is very good. Just don't order an appetizer then an entree. If you do, you will be eating for a week with a To Go box.

We tried to get a reservation at the Wildcatter but they were booked up!

Take care and see all in Bridgeport Friday night!