PDA

View Full Version : Brawl in Mabank

Emerson1
10-04-2008, 01:06 AM
http://www.hsgametime.com/dfw/schoolinfo.htm?infoType=boxScore&schoolId=0&sportId=3&propertyId=1&y=2008&m=10&eventId=156820

MABANK--A sideline-clearing brawl at the 7:48 mark in the fourth period put an end to Friday's District 15-4A contest and gave Mabank (3-2, 1-0) a 35-21 victory over Terrell (2-4, 0-2).
The fight on the field came after Terrell had added the PAT following its third touchdown of the night and it took almost 10 minutes for order to be restored. Officials called the game shortly thereafter.
Mabank quarterback Kolton Browning stole the show, passing for 309 yards and three scores while rushing for 128 and another TD.

JR2004
10-04-2008, 01:08 AM
Nothing but a bunch of thugs down there in Mabank and Terrell.

No I don't really think they're thugs. I'm somewhat making fun of folks who are quick to label situations like this with a term like that.

Emerson1
10-04-2008, 01:10 AM
We didn't even shake hands with them after the game last season after they vandalized the school for fear of them starting a brawl

kepdawg
10-04-2008, 01:11 AM
Originally posted by JR2004
Nothing but a bunch of thugs down there in Mabank and Terrell.

No I don't really think they're thugs. I'm somewhat making fun of folks who are quick to label situations like this with a term like that.

Hey! There was a brawl with football players! It has to be thugs!

Emerson1
10-04-2008, 01:11 AM
Originally posted by kepdawg
Don't think you would see a brawl between HP and SLC

JR2004
10-04-2008, 01:14 AM
Originally posted by Emerson1
Don't think you would see a brawl between HP and SLC

They'd probably just settle their difference of opinion over tea and crumpets at a posh country club over the weekend.

JR2004
10-04-2008, 01:15 AM

You're right Kep! It certainly does! They're all thugs! Every last one of those kids from Terrell has career criminal written all over them!

Emerson1
They'd probably just settle their difference of opinion over tea and crumpets at a posh country club over the weekend.
They would take it inside and have a fencing match or play some croquet

kepdawg

They'd slap each other with those little white gloves people used to wear!

SNYDER325TIGERS
10-04-2008, 01:38 AM
I remember last year we beat Andrews 55-15 and they started a fight...quiet of oil field trash over there.

kepdawg
10-04-2008, 01:40 AM
Originally posted by SNYDER325TIGERS
I remember last year we beat Andrews 55-15 and they started a fight...nothing but oil field trash over there.

And what kind of trash does Snyder have?

JR2004
10-04-2008, 01:43 AM
I remember last year we beat Andrews 55-15 and they started a fight...nothing but oil field trash over there.

Luckily you and STR were safely tucked away in the stands far away from harm's way!

SNYDER325TIGERS
10-04-2008, 01:46 AM
Originally posted by JR2004 Luckily you and STR were safely tucked away in the stands far away from harm's way! I don't know where he was but I was sitting on the vistor side, with the Andrews people...the were dissapointed in their kids!The people I was sitting by were actually pretty good people but then there were a lot of others that weren't.

Most towns have there little percentage of trash but others the trash out numbers the good.

SNYDER325TIGERS
10-04-2008, 01:50 AM
And what kind of trash does Snyder have?

We don't have a lot of the kind of trash i'm talking about.

Fluvanna however has some families from Guatemalla, so I heard about today in speech.

I've been wanting to go out there and see what the "Rolling Thunder" has to offer.

injuredinmelee
10-04-2008, 01:53 AM
Here's what I know about Terrell:

1. The outlet mall isnt that great.

2. Its the last place to by beer heading east until you get to Longview.

3. There's a girl working the fuel desk at the truck stop that is easily hot enough to grace to glossy pages of Hugh Hefner's monthly.

That will be all.

JR2004
10-04-2008, 01:53 AM

Fluvanna however has some families from Guatemalla, so I heard about today in speech.

I've been wanting to go out there and see what the "Rolling Thunder" has to offer.

You must be pretty high on the hog out there in Snyder to talk about Andrews like that!

injuredinmelee
10-04-2008, 02:00 AM
You must be pretty high on the hog out there in Snyder to talk about Andrews like that!

gosh durnitttttttttt theys only got ONE Town & Country in Andrews.

Ranger Mom
10-04-2008, 08:53 AM

The "oil field" trash?

I guess I'm oil field trash too. I have worked for an oil related company for almost 18 years. My husband must really be trash...he has worked in those oil fields for 25 years. My oldest son is trash too, he is a driller on an oil rig.......that 22 y/o piece of trash has already made over $100,000.00 this year. My 20 y/o son is a derrick hand on that same rig, he's made over $70,000.00.

It's hard being oil field trash....but it sure does pay good!!
:D :D :D

lbjacj
10-04-2008, 09:54 AM
Sports
Print | E-mail | Comment (No comments posted.) | Rate | Text Size
THE 7:48 MARK
District shootout ruined by game-ending brawl
By Cliff Gibson: sports@terrellribune.com
Published: Saturday, October 4, 2008 1:27 AM CDT
MABANK – Storylines were plentiful in Friday’s clash between Terrell (2-4, 0-2) and Mabank (3-2, 1-0) in a District 15-4A contest, but it will unfortunately be the game’s ending that will get all the attention.

Mabank quarterback Kolton Browning lived up to his billing and the Terrell offense got the boost it needed with the return of veteran quarterback Logan Smith.

However, a sideline-clearing brawl with 7:48 remaining in the game forced officials to stop the game and award Mabank a 35-21 victory at Panther Stadium.

The fight began immediately following the third extra point by J.D. Simmons, after Terrell had scored to close the gap to 35-21.

About 10 minutes later, once players from both teams had traded punches and law enforcement had restored order, game officials called the game with just under eight minutes to play.

Browning, who had entered the game with more than 1,200 passing yards and 15 TDs in four games, did a number on the Terrell defense, completing 26-of-44 passes for 309 yards and three touchdowns.

He also added 128 rushing yards and a rushing TD to give him 437 total yards for the game.

Smith returned from an injury sustained in the season-opener to pass for 199 yards and two touchdowns with two interceptions.

He completed 14-of-28 attempts and rushed for 42 yards.

Josh Winfield hauled in a 51-yard TD catch and P.J. Morris established himself as the go-to guy in Terrell’s passing game with four grabs for 104 yards and a touchdown covering 48 yards.

Mabank scored on its opening series, covering 61 yards in seven plays and ending with an 8-yard pass from Browning to Jake Birch. Michael Blackburn added the first of his five successful PATs for a 7-0 lead.

Late in the first period, Mabank needed just one play to double its lead, as Browning hooked up with Brandon Rascoe (6-123-2 TDs) on an 81-yard TD reception for a 14-0 lead.

Terrell would respond quickly, as a 23-yard run by Joel Wren (team-high 62 rushing yards) set up Smith for a 48-yarder to Morris. Simmons’ kick made it 14-7.

Early in the second period, Terrell made it a tie game as the Tigers marched 72 yards in 10 plays and Marquice Strange finished the deal with a 5-yard run.

Simmons locked the score at 14-14 with another PAT.

In the third period, Mabank separated itself from the Tigers with 21 straight points.

The Panthers opened the second half with a 65-yard drive that was capped off by Browning’s 13-yard pass to Rascoe for a 21-14 advantage.

After Terrell turned the ball over on an interception by Mabank’s Darius Robertson, it took Browning just four plays to lead another scoreing drive, ending with a 10-yard run by Anthony Hendrix.

Just a couple of minutes into the final period, Browning took things personal, running for first downs and punishing would-be Terrell tacklers in the process.

Browning led Mabank on its final scoring drive of 34 yard after a short Terrell punt, and the all-state quarterback called his own number and punched it in from two yards for a 35-14 lead.

Terrell answered in just three plays as Smith ran for one yard and connected with Morris for 18 more before dumping a screen pass to Winfield, who outran defenders and raced 51 yards down the sideline for the final touchdown of the game.

Once the PAT was good, mayhem followed.

Players from both teams were seen throwing punches, slinging helmets and kicking each other.

nunya
10-04-2008, 09:59 AM
They wanna fight?
Ok, fine, have a recruiter there and sign 'em up for the Armed Services. Then we'll see how damn tough they are.

Bullaholic
10-04-2008, 10:02 AM
Here's my personal qualifier for justification of the "thug" label:

frustrated kid= 1 player starting a fight before, during, or after a game

thugs- Multiple players starting fights in multiple games, and/or involving use of helmets or anything else for weapons.

TigerFan51
10-04-2008, 10:38 AM
Originally posted by Ranger Mom
The "oil field" trash?

I guess I'm oil field trash too. I have worked for an oil related company for almost 18 years. My husband must really be trash...he has worked in those oil fields for 25 years. My oldest son is trash too, he is a driller on an oil rig.......that 22 y/o piece of trash has already made over $100,000.00 this year. My 20 y/o son is a derrick hand on that same rig, he's made over $70,000.00.

Amen...amen...amen! I wish I earned a salary like this trash! I have a very good friend who will proudly tell you he's "oilfield trash" and proud of it! He's worked in the oilfied on drilling rigs since the early 80's. These guys are making waaayyy more than those of us with college degrees!!!

Snydertigersrul
10-04-2008, 01:29 PM

They would not let him in the door, he's underaged.

SNYDER325TIGERS
10-04-2008, 01:34 PM
Originally posted by Snydertigersrul
They would not let him in the door, he's underaged.

Oh really? such a idk what.:rolleyes:

VAMike
10-04-2008, 09:12 PM
For what it is worth, technically there is no winner declared in the game yet. Instructions were given to refs very clearly this year that if a game has to be stopped for any reason (including something like this) all we are to do is declare the game suspended. It then falls on the shoulders of the ISd's, the football district, and UIL to decide on the final outcome.

ProudHornetMom
10-04-2008, 09:27 PM
Originally posted by Ranger Mom
The "oil field" trash?

When my husband was a coach...way back when...he would work oil fields during the summer for 4 years. He made triple his yearly teaching salary in just 8 weeks work. It's easy for yaloos to call out names like oil trash....obviously clueless...and mannerless. And wouldn't we all be in a fix without oil field work.

wtfootball
10-04-2008, 09:36 PM
Incident and this entire thread is classless.

DaHop72
10-06-2008, 08:33 AM
I remember last year we beat Andrews 55-15 and they started a fight...quiet of oil field trash over there. Well thanks for insulting myself and about 75% of the people in Snyder who are "oilfield trash". Do you ever open your eyes when you drive around and see all the pick-ups driving around Snyder daily??? Notice that most of them have oil field related logos on the side of them??? I guess not. :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

GetRDoneStangs
10-06-2008, 08:48 AM
Hey Hops.....

Missed you at the Molly Hatchet Concert Saturday!!!

This is thread related.....you know only thugs would go see Blackfoot and Molly Hatchet!!:D :D :D :cool:

STANG RED
10-06-2008, 08:50 AM
I was oilfield trash and/or construction trash for many years. Now I guess I'm windfarm trash. Sure have made a good living being trashy though.
325 will have to come out into the real world someday. Maybe he'll get a clue as to what it's all about before it gobbles him up.

STANG RED
10-06-2008, 08:52 AM
Originally posted by GetRDoneStangs
Hey Hops.....

Missed you at the Molly Hatchet Concert Saturday!!!

This is thread related.....you know only thugs would go see Blackfoot and Molly Hatchet!!:D :D :D :cool:

Oh shut up Ted. Your just more oilfield trash on here shooting your mouth off and stirring up trouble.:p :D

GetRDoneStangs
10-06-2008, 08:55 AM
Originally posted by STANG RED
Oh shut up Ted. Your just more oilfield trash on here shooting your mouth off and stirring up trouble.:p :D

:thumbsup: :thumbsup:

CheerMom
10-06-2008, 09:35 AM
One of our former coaches is at Mabank......

Phil C
10-06-2008, 10:55 AM
HEY!!!!!

LET THERE BE NO FURTHER VIOLENCE WHERE ONLY LOVE SHOULD BE!

:mad:

Phil C
10-06-2008, 02:25 PM
I HATE VIOLENCE. I HATE IT SO MUCH I FEEL LIKE SHOOTING ANYONE THAT PUSHES ME INTO IT!

Bullaholic
10-06-2008, 02:29 PM
Originally posted by Phil C
I HATE VIOLENCE. I HATE IT SO MUCH I FEEL LIKE SHOOTING ANYONE THAT PUSHES ME INTO IT!

I respect violins, Phil. :D

Phil C
10-06-2008, 02:32 PM
Originally posted by Bullaholic
I respect violins, Phil. :D

;)

headhunter
10-06-2008, 02:38 PM
I remember last year we beat Andrews 55-15 and they started a fight...quiet of oil field trash over there.

You sure do know how to run your mouth and get people stirred up on this board. I guess you are perfect and are a gift from God.

I am not even from Andrew's and I would be very offended by this remark especially if I worked in the oilfield or was from Andrew's. Please I would love for you to defend yourself on this one and tell all of us that that was a very professional and legit remark.

Sounds like a pretty young, dumb, and immature comment to me. I don't think your to high up on the mountain either.

Phil C
10-06-2008, 02:39 PM
HEY I LIVED WITH THOSE PEOPLE IN FREER WHERE I WAS RAISED AND THEY ARE GREAT PEOPLE!