PDA

View Full Version : My Thoughts on the Navasota/Sealy Game...

Necks_Fan
10-04-2008, 12:41 AM
First things first. I got to the stadium at 6:20.

I went to the north end near the weight room and saw no sign of any 3Adownlow members. I then proceded to watch the game.

Ok, now my actual thoughts.

First impression of Navasota=WOW!

I don't care what ANY Sealy homer has to say. From a person with no dog in this fight... Navasota DOMINATED from start to finish with a vanilla play calling. You could tell Fedora didn't open the playbook at all for the scouts in attendance. :clap:

Navasota COULD have lead 35-0 at Halftime if they wanted to.

I think they are a well oiled machine and should have little to no trouble til the playoffs. 2 Things I think they could improve on. Running between the tackles.... Not impressive, but then agin Sealy was satcking the box. Also, your QB is a good athlete, but he could use a little work on accuracy. He over threw #4 a couple times as well as #7.

And speaking of #7..... dang that kid's a ball player. ANY team would LOVe to have him. Congrats to him on a good game.

And it wasn't just Navasota, Sealy looked THAT bad. And honestly, I think that was the smallest line on average I have ever seen in 3A. The heaviest player on their team looked to me like 235 lbs, if that. Wow.

Anyway, Sealy couldn't have scored if there was no defense out there. Their Qb's stumble and fall down with no pressure, threw terrible passes.... man it was just not a good game for them.

And let's not blame this game on the playcalling Tiger fans.... Sealy was just outmatched in EVERY facet of the game. I will agree now and Say Sealy was WAY overrated. They will be hard pressed to win a district game with that anemic offense.

I don't think they had a first down at halftime or positive yards either.

Man, what a rough night for Sealy.

Anyway, I might talk a bit more tomorrow. Navasota put on a SHOW with limited playcalling, and Sealy had the most dismal uninspired performance I have ever seen.

Good game Rattlers.... You guys definitely deserve your Rankings. :clap: :)

Necks_Fan
10-04-2008, 12:45 AM
Also, Sealy shouldn't even sniff the top 25. Columbia would put a hurt on that Sealy team. They shoudln't even step on the same field as us. That's just my opinion.

There is a difference between moving the ball effectively and turnovers costing you the game (Columbia) and just not being able to move the ball at all and have negative yards. (Sealy)

Wow, totally not impressed by Sealy.

HEMOTOXIC
10-04-2008, 02:07 AM
Originally posted by Necks_Fan
First things first. I got to the stadium at 6:20.

I went to the north end near the weight room and saw no sign of any 3Adownlow members. I then proceded to watch the game.

Ok, now my actual thoughts.

First impression of Navasota=WOW!

I don't care what ANY Sealy homer has to say. From a person with no dog in this fight... Navasota DOMINATED from start to finish with a vanilla play calling. You could tell Fedora didn't open the playbook at all for the scouts in attendance. :clap:

Navasota COULD have lead 35-0 at Halftime if they wanted to.

I think they are a well oiled machine and should have little to no trouble til the playoffs. 2 Things I think they could improve on. Running between the tackles.... Not impressive, but then agin Sealy was satcking the box. Also, your QB is a good athlete, but he could use a little work on accuracy. He over threw #4 a couple times as well as #7.

And speaking of #7..... dang that kid's a ball player. ANY team would LOVe to have him. Congrats to him on a good game.

And it wasn't just Navasota, Sealy looked THAT bad. And honestly, I think that was the smallest line on average I have ever seen in 3A. The heaviest player on their team looked to me like 235 lbs, if that. Wow.

Anyway, Sealy couldn't have scored if there was no defense out there. Their Qb's stumble and fall down with no pressure, threw terrible passes.... man it was just not a good game for them.

And let's not blame this game on the playcalling Tiger fans.... Sealy was just outmatched in EVERY facet of the game. I will agree now and Say Sealy was WAY overrated. They will be hard pressed to win a district game with that anemic offense.

I don't think they had a first down at halftime or positive yards either.

Man, what a rough night for Sealy.

Anyway, I might talk a bit more tomorrow. Navasota put on a SHOW with limited playcalling, and Sealy had the most dismal uninspired performance I have ever seen.

Good game Rattlers.... You guys definitely deserve your Rankings. :clap: :)

Hey, thanks for your insight on this game. It's always good to have an 'outsider's' opinion. Like I have said, I just didn't see anything impressive about Sealy. Of course when you say that, everyone thinks that you hate Sealy, you are jealous, etc. By no means is there any hate between Navasota and Sealy. If I see a good product on the field, I compliment them. But with Sealy, I just didn't see it, even against Royal.

Oh, navcanmaster was there with the shirt. I am unsure of the time that he arrived. I got there around 640 and he was there waiting.

pirate4state
10-04-2008, 02:22 AM
Congrats to the Rattlers on this win. Since Sealy wasn't impressive, does this mean this isn't an impressive win for Navasota? :thinking: ;)

I hope the Tigers can figure out "who" they are and "right the ship" before it's too late. Sometimes you buy into your hype and when things don't go according to plan all hell breaks loose!

Good luck to them in district!

HEMOTOXIC
10-04-2008, 02:25 AM
Originally posted by pirate4state
Congrats to the Rattlers on this win. Since Sealy wasn't impressive, does this mean this isn't an impressive win for Navasota? :thinking: ;)

I hope the Tigers can figure out "who" they are and "right the ship" before it's too late. Sometimes you buy into your hype and when things don't go according to plan all hell breaks loose!

Good luck to them in district!

Naw, I think that Navasota dominated resulting in a non impressive outing for Sealy...lol:D

Good question though. In all honesty, I hope that Sealy can pull it together before district starts next Friday at Giddings.

nunya
10-04-2008, 07:50 AM
Congrats, Ratts (hey, sorry, it rhymed) :-)

Next week will be a barburner for sure.

Caldwell racked up 664 yards of total offense, including 100-plus rushing harvests by Nelson Scott (178), Kedrin Sheppad (155) and Kytsan Wooverton (136) and limited Rudder to 131.

Good luck to both teams. A lot is on the line after Rockdale rebounded with a big win over M'ville.

Be there... or be stupid.

957tiger
10-04-2008, 08:16 AM
For all of us die hard Tiger fans last night was a nightmare. Kudos to the Rattlers you guys played a solid game. QB and WR are the real deal. Our offense has become predictable, and that makes defending the pass/run easy. From our spot in the stands, the O-line spent the night watching the backs of the defense as they flew by. The D-line, light but quick ran into a size problem.
They have been pretty good against the run, and have good back side containment, its the short dump passes that kill them, along with the downfield pass. Special teams, once a strong point for the Tigers have become a major problem. The opening Kick-off was an indicator of things to come. Untouched for 90+ yards, although there were several blocks in the back that went unnoticed. The officials were busy admiring the run back.
Sealy has not been blessed with the athletes of the past. There are no less than six seniors who have varsity experience sitting in the stands for reasons only they know. Many of us feel the offense has to adapt to the abilities of the players. What worked well last year is not working right now. These boys are good athletes and are a close group having played together in multiple sports for 5-6 years. It is up to Mitchell and his staff to not let them get down after this loss. A good old fashion butt kicking can have a lasting effect. We will be alright down, but not out.

navscanmaster
10-04-2008, 03:05 PM
Originally posted by HEMOTOXIC
Hey, thanks for your insight on this game. It's always good to have an 'outsider's' opinion. Like I have said, I just didn't see anything impressive about Sealy. Of course when you say that, everyone thinks that you hate Sealy, you are jealous, etc. By no means is there any hate between Navasota and Sealy. If I see a good product on the field, I compliment them. But with Sealy, I just didn't see it, even against Royal.

Oh, navcanmaster was there with the shirt. I am unsure of the time that he arrived. I got there around 640 and he was there waiting.

I was there at 6:15.:confused: :confused: I did go inside the locker room for a few minutes with VT2, but I was back out before 6:30. You should have hung around, there wasn't anything going on, unless you wanted to grab a bite to eat.

Those in attendance,
Navscanmaster
RattlerDude
OldBison75
VenemousTat2
HEMOTOXIC
Strike Hard

You want me to write your name in, Necks_Fan???

Necks_Fan
10-05-2008, 03:56 PM
Originally posted by navscanmaster
I was there at 6:15.:confused: :confused: I did go inside the locker room for a few minutes with VT2, but I was back out before 6:30. You should have hung around, there wasn't anything going on, unless you wanted to grab a bite to eat.

Those in attendance,
Navscanmaster
RattlerDude
OldBison75
VenemousTat2
HEMOTOXIC
Strike Hard

You want me to write your name in, Necks_Fan??? Nah, don't write me in.

I walked around in front of the locker room for like 5 mins. I didn't see any downlow people. :thinking:

navscanmaster
10-05-2008, 04:12 PM
OK. Glad you enjoyed the show.

FormerBellvilleBrahma
10-05-2008, 08:47 PM
Also, Sealy shouldn't even sniff the top 25.
Wow, totally not impressed by Sealy.

Bulls-Eye said the same long time ago.

Necks_Fan
10-05-2008, 10:42 PM
Originally posted by FormerBellvilleBrahma
Bulls-Eye said the same long time ago. This was the first time I saw them though.

They are not good. They might beat Smithville, be lucky to get 2 district wins.

They have NO pass defense whatsoever. LaGrange will hammer them.

navscanmaster
10-05-2008, 10:52 PM
This was the first time I saw them though.

They are not good. They might beat Smithville, be lucky to get 2 district wins.

They have NO pass defense whatsoever. LaGrange will hammer them.

I actually felt that they covered Brandal Jackson pretty well. They played a lot of bump and go coverage on him, resulting in some overthrown routes.

Necks_Fan
10-05-2008, 11:01 PM
Originally posted by navscanmaster
I actually felt that they covered Brandal Jackson pretty well. They played a lot of bump and go coverage on him, resulting in some overthrown routes. Your qb did a good job of finding the open man, over threw the receivers about 5 times though.

however, there were SEVERAL times where there was no Sealy player within 15 yds of the receiver.....

A good passing team like LG will hurt Sealy big time...

957tiger
10-06-2008, 09:49 AM
Our defensive backs have struggled so far this year. There are three returning backs and a soph right now. Sealy has faced several good QB/WR's already this year and that will eventually pay off as far as experience. I don't have the stats in front of me, but I think we have had multiple interception games by our backs and linebackers. Our d-line is doing okay. We have 3 boys in new positions and seem to have adapted well. They are somewhat light, but can close quickly. Two of the front four are at the top of the strength charts and it shows. They have had success containing the run, but a good QB can find the open man on a short route and that is what is is happening.