PDA

View Full Version : Madison 20 Ranchview 13

JR2004
10-04-2008, 12:10 AM
I have to officially quit calling Ranchview the "Chinese Fire Drill Team" after tonight. I am somewhat in awe of them being that good this year. They are no longer a cupcake. That's easily the best team they've ever put out on the field. Ranchview definitely has a legit football team this season. I don't see them losing to anyone else in our district or having any close games the rest of the district schedule after what I saw from them tonight. I see how they were able to put 52 and 59 points on the board in prior games this year. They've got some very good players on that roster.

Tonight, for all intensive purposes, decided the district 11-3A championship. The only thing that appears to be up for grabs is who will finish third and Roosevelt can almost trip into that by default now after beating Lake Worth 21-14 tonight. Velt is REALLY, REALLY bad so I can't imagine just how down Lake Worth is.

charlesrixey
10-04-2008, 08:05 AM
Originally posted by JR2004
I have to officially quit calling Ranchview the "Chinese Fire Drill Team" after tonight. I am somewhat in awe of them being that good this year. They are no longer a cupcake. That's easily the best team they've ever put out on the field. Ranchview definitely has a legit football team this season. I don't see them losing to anyone else in our district or having any close games the rest of the district schedule after what I saw from them tonight. I see how they were able to put 52 and 59 points on the board in prior games this year. They've got some very good players on that roster.

Tonight, for all intensive purposes, decided the district 11-3A championship. The only thing that appears to be up for grabs is who will finish third and Roosevelt can almost trip into that by default now after beating Lake Worth 21-14 tonight. Velt is REALLY, REALLY bad so I can't imagine just how down Lake Worth is.

duly noted--this was a good win for Madison

Ranchview does look like they are going places, though

OldNavy
10-04-2008, 08:26 AM
JR2004, I was not expecting what I saw last night. What a ball game! Both teams have size, and athleticism. Looked like Madison had a bit more speed, but both teams hit and hit hard. I expected more passing and what I saw were a couple of strong running teams even though they were both in the spread.

It looked like Madison was changing its skill players each play. Must be nice to have two complete teams of skill players. That is really what I thought was the difference in the game last night. Madison looked like it had more depth at the skill positions and Ranchview might have been worn at the end. Madison's numbers 4 and 9 on D fly to the ball and when they get there the put a helmet on you!

There was good attendance at the game last night, but I bet it would have been a lot better if people had known what a treat they were in for last night. Good luck with the rest of the season to both teams.

JR2004
10-08-2008, 02:20 PM
Originally posted by charlesrixey
duly noted--this was a good win for Madison

Ranchview does look like they are going places, though

Assuming Velt makes the playoffs, which they should after beating Lake Worth, Ranchview will go into the D1 bracket by a total of six kids. They look as though they might possibly draw Alvarado as their first ever playoff opponent in football. Carter-Riverside is the only team left who could possibly change this outcome and I doubt they'll do it.

JR2004
10-08-2008, 02:31 PM
Originally posted by OldNavy
JR2004, I was not expecting what I saw last night. What a ball game! Both teams have size, and athleticism. Looked like Madison had a bit more speed, but both teams hit and hit hard. I expected more passing and what I saw were a couple of strong running teams even though they were both in the spread.

It looked like Madison was changing its skill players each play. Must be nice to have two complete teams of skill players. That is really what I thought was the difference in the game last night. Madison looked like it had more depth at the skill positions and Ranchview might have been worn at the end. Madison's numbers 4 and 9 on D fly to the ball and when they get there the put a helmet on you!

There was good attendance at the game last night, but I bet it would have been a lot better if people had known what a treat they were in for last night. Good luck with the rest of the season to both teams.

I wasn't expecting that exciting of a game either. So many hard hits by both defenses. That safety for Ranchview was just blowing people up all night. I thought for sure he had knocked out our little WR Buckner for the count on the catch he made over the middle, but he popped right back up. I was very impressed with Ranchview's defense.

I think you are right about the mass skill player subs during that game. Ranchview was worn down in the 4th and our guys were fresh (linemen included as we sub out the interior offensive linemen as well during drives) and that made a big difference. 4 and 9 did have good games for us. I always enjoy when 4 makes a play because his mother goes crazy (She wears a jersey with his name on it to every game.) and it gets everyone else fired up when she goes bonkers.

Attendance was pretty good. Usually if we don't beat Lincoln attendance at the following game will not be good, but I was surprised. Ranchview brought more fans than I thought they would and it was a nice atmosphere. It's nowhere near what you'll get at a Celina home game, but for us it was a nice sized crowd. Glad you enjoyed yourself at the game.

If we are able to make the 2nd round stop by and say hi before the game. I think I might meet CHS_89 as well before that game if we make it to round 2.