PDA

View Full Version : Needville -vs- West Columbia....M&G??

IHStangFan
10-03-2008, 11:21 PM
Week 6 has The Blue Jays at home against the West Columbia Rough Necks. I will be there come hell or high water. Needville comes into this one w/ the better record, but West Columbia comes in having played a much more stout pre-district schedule. This game will be a lot closer than what stats and "tale of the paper" would predict. Would anyone like to do a M&G and what are the chances of the shirt coming from Navasota to Needville?

I'll take the Jays by 5.

Necks_Fan
10-04-2008, 12:53 AM
I like the Necks in this one by 14. :)

I'll be there. At the very least, me and you could meet.

IHStangFan
10-04-2008, 01:03 AM
Originally posted by Necks_Fan
I like the Necks in this one by 14. :)

I'll be there. At the very least, me and you could meet. Sounds good to me amigo.

Dogs_21
10-04-2008, 10:52 AM
I say WC 17-10....! Where is the game going to be played?

IHStangFan
10-04-2008, 01:14 PM
Originally posted by Dogs_21
I say WC 17-10....! Where is the game going to be played? taken from the first sentence in the first post in this thread.........."Week 6 has The Blue Jays at home against the West Columbia Rough Necks."

TigerFan51
10-04-2008, 01:36 PM
Originally posted by IHStangFan
taken from the first sentence in the first post in this thread.........."Week 6 has The Blue Jays at home against the West Columbia Rough Necks."

Too funny, IH!:D

jayfan1
10-04-2008, 02:07 PM
This is always a great game. Jays pull off a close one for their Homecoming game!

4x100jackets
10-04-2008, 02:13 PM
Week 6 has The Blue Jays at home against the West Columbia Rough Necks. I will be there come hell or high water. Needville comes into this one w/ the better record, but West Columbia comes in having played a much more stout pre-district schedule. This game will be a lot closer than what stats and "tale of the paper" would predict. Would anyone like to do a M&G and what are the chances of the shirt coming from Navasota to Needville?

I'll take the Jays by 5.

They squeaked by Tidehaven who stinks.
I say Necks roll 42- 6..
Again let me remind you, the Jays will finish 4th in the District.

roughneck_2008
10-04-2008, 03:54 PM
this is goin to b a heck of a game and wish i could see it, i dont think the necks will roll but if they play like they did against El Campo then they have a chance to beat alot of teams, needville always brings the A game for the necks, it will be close but i think West Columbia pulls out wit a win

IHStangFan
10-04-2008, 05:26 PM
Originally posted by 4x100jackets
They squeaked by Tidehaven who stinks.
I say Necks roll 42- 6..
Again let me remind you, the Jays will finish 4th in the District. I guess we'll see....on both accounts :)

IHStangFan
10-04-2008, 10:09 PM
So does anyone know where the shirt is headed? Is it already claimed for next week? Navasota fans....??

carter08
10-04-2008, 10:13 PM
my mom's birthday is this weekend.

i might come down. maybe i can take the long way home and swing by needville. i dunno.

roughneck_2008
10-04-2008, 11:08 PM
hey, dont know if its much help to u carter, if u leave from ur place it may be easier to get on 59 and get off and take crabb river road, that will lead u to guy and then needville is a short hop from there, if u know that way

carter08
10-04-2008, 11:11 PM
Originally posted by roughneck_2008
hey, dont know if its much help to u carter, if u leave from ur place it may be easier to get on 59 and get off and take crabb river road, that will lead u to guy and then needville is a short hop from there, if u know that way

yeah. thats what i was thinking of doing. 59 to crabb river. i need to look at a map, cause i haven't been that way in a long time.

IHStangFan
10-04-2008, 11:16 PM
Originally posted by carter08
yeah. thats what i was thinking of doing. 59 to crabb river. i need to look at a map, cause i haven't been that way in a long time. you coming up or goin down 59? There are several different ways to get to Needville from 59....Crabb River Road to 762 to 1994 into Guy, right turn on 36 to Needville....or theres 59 to 360 into Needville or theres the 762 exit off of 59, or straight down 36, etc.

Necked
10-04-2008, 11:42 PM
Yarg!! I hate going down that way. The traffic just aggravates me to no end. Just dont have the patients for it anymore.....glad I only have to do it a couple of times a year...

carter08
10-05-2008, 10:08 AM
you coming up or goin down 59? There are several different ways to get to Needville from 59....Crabb River Road to 762 to 1994 into Guy, right turn on 36 to Needville....or theres 59 to 360 into Needville or theres the 762 exit off of 59, or straight down 36, etc.

59 South from Houston.

I went that way to a friends house a few months ago, but I wasn't driving, so I don't remember exactly how I got there.

IHStangFan
10-05-2008, 01:03 PM
59 South from Houston.

I went that way to a friends house a few months ago, but I wasn't driving, so I don't remember exactly how I got there. Easiest way for you would probably be to stay on 59 the extra 5 to 10 mins and just go down to 36 and come straight into Needville.

IHStangFan
10-06-2008, 01:03 PM
Hey Jays and Necks fans....I am in the process of trying to get the State Bound T-Shirt for this game. M&G at halftime near the concession stand? I'll update here if and when I get the shirt for sure.

Necks_Fan
10-06-2008, 01:43 PM
Hey Jays and Necks fans....I am in the process of trying to get the State Bound T-Shirt for this game. M&G at halftime near the concession stand? I'll update here if and when I get the shirt for sure. I'm good for the M&G.... I think it might only be me and you.

LOL.

IHStangFan
10-06-2008, 01:44 PM
I'm good for the M&G.... I think it might only be me and you.

LOL. LOL...what about Necked, Carter, etc. ? I think there are one or two other Jays fans around here as well.

carter08
10-06-2008, 01:47 PM
LOL...what about Necked, Carter, etc. ? I think there are one or two other Jays fans around here as well.

I will try and make it, but I cannot make any promises. I honestly don't have time this weekend, but I might decide to procrastinate a little more on homework and make the trip.

IHStangFan
10-06-2008, 01:50 PM
I will try and make it, but I cannot make any promises. I honestly don't have time this weekend, but I might decide to procrastinate a little more on homework and make the trip. Would like to meet ya man, if you can, great, if not, maybe next year. Be safe.

Necks_Fan
10-06-2008, 03:52 PM
Would like to meet ya man, if you can, great, if not, maybe next year. Be safe. Maybe Necked and or Necks 2008, or one of those other necks fans that pop up like every 4 months can come...

Also, that crow22 shows up on here talking about the jays every now and then.

I don't know.... looks like just me, u, possibly carter..... who I already know..... and that's about it...

IHStangFan
10-06-2008, 03:54 PM
Maybe Necked and or Necks 2008, or one of those other necks fans that pop up like every 4 months can come...

Also, that crow22 shows up on here talking about the jays every now and then.

I don't know.... looks like just me, u, possibly carter..... who I already know..... and that's about it... works for me either way....MamaStang and BabyStang will be there w/ me :D

Necks_Fan
10-06-2008, 03:57 PM
works for me either way....MamaStang and BabyStang will be there w/ me :D Concession stand at half?

I'll be there.... With Gramps... possibly my dad. Doubt that though.

Necked
10-06-2008, 07:17 PM
I'm planning on being there. I will probably miss the 1st few plays as I cant get off work early, but I cant miss this one, it may be the best matchup the district has to offer this year...

IHStangFan
10-06-2008, 08:57 PM
Originally posted by Necked
I'm planning on being there. I will probably miss the 1st few plays as I cant get off work early, but I cant miss this one, it may be the best matchup the district has to offer this year... I'm thinking the same thing. I would venture to say the winner of this game wins the district. It also looks like we will have the State Bound Shirt.....navscanmaster is sending it to us. I'll bring a camera.

Thanks nav!

Necks_Fan
10-06-2008, 09:17 PM
Originally posted by 4x100jackets
I say Necks roll 42- 6..
I figure for it to be a medium scoring game.

24-10.... I don't think the Necks have their game quite tuned enough to put up 42.

We just don't have the breakout speed to turn average gains into Td's.

Everything has to go well for the Necks this week.

Gotta STOP Hadjik and get pressure on the Qb..... which they have done quite well.

I would venture to say the Necks are close to the top in numbers of sacks among 3A.....

They always seem to get atleast 3-4 a game, sometimes more.

Gonna need to play solid D this week.

IHStangFan
10-06-2008, 09:25 PM
I figure for it to be a medium scoring game.

24-10.... I don't think the Necks have their game quite tuned enough to put up 42.

We just don't have the breakout speed to turn average gains into Td's.

Everything has to go well for the Necks this week.

Gotta STOP Hadjik and get pressure on the Qb..... which they have done quite well.

I would venture to say the Necks are close to the top in numbers of sacks among 3A.....

They always seem to get atleast 3-4 a game, sometimes more.

Gonna need to play solid D this week. our OL has proved they can be suspect, our QB will get hit. Hadjik is not our main, or only thread on the ground. We have actually rotated about 5 RBs in and out each game...avg. gains are between 4.5 and 11+ yds depending on which back we're talking about. We have a fairly balanced offense, the QB, when given time can air it out. I look for a shootout.

Necks_Fan
10-06-2008, 09:32 PM
our OL has proved they can be suspect, our QB will get hit. Hadjik is not our main, or only thread on the ground. We have actually rotated about 5 RBs in and out each game...avg. gains are between 4.5 and 11+ yds depending on which back we're talking about. We have a fairly balanced offense, the QB, when given time can air it out. I look for a shootout. Like I said..... I look for a medium scoring game....

The Necks won't win of they get into a shootout....

Defense is what has kept them in games, and it's what will win them this game....:) Like I say, I don;t think thye have the firepower to put up a ton of points offenseivley. We run the ball ALOT and that usually means lower scoring games.

I stick to my prediction..... 24-10

Let's hope we play well on offense, defense, and SPECIAL TEAMS this week.

IHStangFan
10-06-2008, 09:36 PM
Like I said..... I look for a medium scoring game....

The Necks won't win of they get into a shootout....

Defense is what has kept them in games, and it's what will win them this game....:) Like I say, I don;t think thye have the firepower to put up a ton of points offenseivley. We run the ball ALOT and that usually means lower scoring games.

I stick to my prediction..... 24-10

Let's hope we play well on offense, defense, and SPECIAL TEAMS this week. then it will come down to the D. Needville's D is quick to the ball, but doesn't have too much speed. A fast ground attack might give the Jays fits. On the flip side, Needville can throw the ball and can become pretty balanced when needed. If WC can slow down the array of backs the Jays will throw at them, they will take to the air and target WC's secondary.

I'll say

Jays 28
Necks 21

Necks_Fan
10-06-2008, 09:40 PM
then it will come down to the D. Needville's D is quick to the ball, but doesn't have too much speed. A fast ground attack might give the Jays fits. On the flip side, Needville can throw the ball and can become pretty balanced when needed. If WC can slow down the array of backs the Jays will throw at them, they will take to the air and target WC's secondary.

I'll say

Jays 28
Necks 21 The Necks secondary is subject to give uo plenty of yards.

It's all about pressure up front forcing bad passes.

They will look to slow the running game and make the qb beat them I bet. Look for lots of pressure up front.

IHStangFan
10-06-2008, 09:42 PM
The Necks secondary is subject to give uo plenty of yards.

It's all about pressure up front forcing bad passes.

They will look to slow the running game and make the qb beat them I bet. Look for lots of pressure up front. I am looking forward to it. I really do think this game will determine the district champ. I will be honest and say I think it could go either way, it just depends on which two teams show up this week. If the Jays team shows up I saw early this year, it will be a good one, if the Necks team shows up that nearly pulled out the win against 4A El Campo....look out. Can't wait!

Necks_Fan
10-06-2008, 09:46 PM
I am looking forward to it. I really do think this game will determine the district champ. I will be honest and say I think it could go either way, it just depends on which two teams show up this week. If the Jays team shows up I saw early this year, it will be a good one, if the Necks team shows up that nearly pulled out the win against 4A El Campo....look out. Can't wait! Yea, the Necks have improved.... SHOUD be a doozy.

Let's hope we can win this one on the scoreboard... not "everywhere else."

LOL. :p

IHStangFan
10-06-2008, 09:48 PM
Yea, the Necks have improved.... SHOUD be a doozy.

Let's hope we can win this one on the scoreboard... not "everywhere else."

LOL. :p Yup....You feel confident the Necks can take it, I feel confident the Jays can take it....both have valid reasons as to why we feel this way......I really think this one will be a battle. People on the outside looking in see the records and think "Needville for sure" ....but I've been paying closer attention than that...and know better.

Necks_Fan
10-06-2008, 09:53 PM
Yup....You feel confident the Necks can take it, I feel confident the Jays can take it....both have valid reasons as to why we feel this way......I really think this one will be a battle. People on the outside looking in see the records and think "Needville for sure" ....but I've been paying closer attention than that...and know better. Yep... 1-3 not that impressive.....

BUT, a really bad night against B'port... just all there is to it.

A pretty good game against st. Pius...

A good first half against Foster.... LOL.

A not so good second half against Foster... LOL

And a pretty good showing against El Cmapo in the loss have netted the Necks 3 losses.

Defense has bailed out the offense and special teams more than once though.

HEMOTOXIC
10-06-2008, 10:01 PM
West Columbia by 13.

IHStangFan
10-06-2008, 10:02 PM
Originally posted by HEMOTOXIC
West Columbia by 13. HEY!!! BOOOOO!!!! :D

HEMOTOXIC
10-06-2008, 10:08 PM
HEY!!! BOOOOO!!!! :D

LOL, I knew that I would get your attention. I actually voted for the Jays to take this one.

Good Luck Friday, should be an awesome game.

roughneck_2008
10-06-2008, 10:15 PM
i cant make it, too much work and too long a drive for one game, i got a big exam next week and have to study, the only other game this year i plan to attend is when WC plays sweeny, i cant miss that game, wish i could make all but im too broke to drive. i still think WC will win just not by alot. i may go to a wimberly game seein its only like 13 miles from san marcos

IHStangFan
10-06-2008, 10:48 PM
Originally posted by HEMOTOXIC
LOL, I knew that I would get your attention. I actually voted for the Jays to take this one.

Good Luck Friday, should be an awesome game. LOL...you are too cool for school HEMO. Thanks man.

kingoftheranch
10-07-2008, 04:33 PM
honestly, i dont think this is much of a game. needville is just not the same as they have been in the past couple years. west columbia by 3 td's . i might be available for m&g

IHStangFan
10-07-2008, 07:51 PM
Originally posted by kingoftheranch
honestly, i dont think this is much of a game. needville is just not the same as they have been in the past couple years. west columbia by 3 td's . i might be available for m&g we'd love to have you! 3tds though? I hope you're wrong! LOL.

Necks_Fan
10-07-2008, 08:02 PM
we'd love to have you! 3tds though? I hope you're wrong! LOL. I hope he's right!

LOL. ;)

On a side note, i think you Jays fans are going to get a HEAVY dose of the Freshman Running back Flannel...... Yes, the younger brother of WC Star Rb Jared Flannel.

It will be his first action of the year. He has been out with an ankle injury.

I'm about 97.825% sure he will play this week. :D

IHStangFan
10-07-2008, 08:06 PM
I hope he's right!

LOL. ;)

On a side note, i think you Jays fans are going to get a HEAVY dose of the Freshman Running back Flannel...... Yes, the younger brother of WC Star Rb Jared Flannel.

It will be his first action of the year. He has been out with an ankle injury.

I'm about 97.825% sure he will play this week. :D I am optimistic we can slow down the WC running game....enough so that our passing game can keep us in it. We'll see though. I really don't see a one sided win for either team. I feel a shootout! And I hope I'm right.

kingoftheranch
10-07-2008, 08:11 PM
i dont see a shootout. west columbias defense is there strong point and will shut down needvilles offense much like columbus did. the interesting matchup is needvilles d against west columbias offense. i think there size will be too much for a smaller needville d and will keep them on the field a long time and wear them out much like columbus did. 28-7 WC is my prediction

IHStangFan
10-07-2008, 08:31 PM
i dont see a shootout. west columbias defense is there strong point and will shut down needvilles offense much like columbus did. the interesting matchup is needvilles d against west columbias offense. i think there size will be too much for a smaller needville d and will keep them on the field a long time and wear them out much like columbus did. 28-7 WC is my prediction I don't think WC has the secondary to shut down Needville's passing game though. Hence why I think it'll be close...both teams have their strengths and both have a glaring weakness. Needville lacks team speed, WC lacks a secondary that can shut down a good passing game. Both will exploit the other. I may be wrong, we'll see on Friday.

scrub c
10-07-2008, 08:38 PM
Freshman Running back Flannel...... Yes, the younger brother of WC Star Rb Jared Flannel.

Tell us more about this freshman running back... inquiring minds want to know...

IHStangFan
10-07-2008, 08:45 PM
Originally posted by scrub c
Tell us more about this freshman running back... inquiring minds want to know... if he's anything like his brother was, we may very well be in trouble! Looking forward to seeing him on the field.

Necked
10-07-2008, 09:48 PM
I don't know...he looks pretty scrawny to me, but those Flannel kids are a pretty good bunch of atheletes, male & female. He is just a freshman so I guess theres plenty of time to fatten him up...Heard he did well in junior high, but gotta take that with a grain of salt as most JH players come out with their pads on backwards so its hard to judge from where I sit...interesting to me is that he starts his career the way Jared ended his, with a bum foot...

Necks_Fan
10-08-2008, 01:29 PM
Tell us more about this freshman running back... inquiring minds want to know... LOL. Scrub. Just for you.

6'0'' 180 ish... not much lateral movement but strong runner.

BTW..... Needville Fans.... #41 says

"I'm gonna be all in yo ^%#$"

In other words..... watch out.

IHStangFan
10-08-2008, 01:43 PM
LOL. Scrub. Just for you.

6'0'' 180 ish... not much lateral movement but strong runner.

BTW..... Needville Fans.... #41 says

"I'm gonna be all in yo ^%#$"

In other words..... watch out. LOL...tell "Hop-a-Long" he better bring an ankle brace. :D

nexfan
10-08-2008, 02:04 PM
First of all it's Roughnecks. One word. Sweet now that we have that out of the way... I was looking at the legit a.p. rankings and El Campo is 14th in 4A. West Columbia lost to them by 2 points. A buddy of mine coaches for 5A B'wood and El Campo beat them by 35 this year and Coach Deatley generally doesn't lose games, much less by 5 touchdowns! Needville last played Tidehaven and won by 10??? Needville's predistrict schedule is always filled with cupcakes every year. Never fails. Columbia has only played 4a teams and back to back Private school State Champs St. Pius, which they beat. Based off of strength of schedule and overall talent I think the roughnecks find a way to win in Needville. Columbia 34 - Needville 14.

Necks_Fan
10-08-2008, 02:19 PM
Originally posted by nexfan
First of all it's Roughnecks. One word. Sweet now that we have that out of the way... I was looking at the legit a.p. rankings and El Campo is 14th in 4A. West Columbia lost to them by 2 points. A buddy of mine coaches for 5A B'wood and El Campo beat them by 35 this year and Coach Deatley generally doesn't lose games, much less by 5 touchdowns! Needville last played Tidehaven and won by 10??? Needville's predistrict schedule is always filled with cupcakes every year. Never fails. Columbia has only played 4a teams and back to back Private school State Champs St. Pius, which they beat. Based off of strength of schedule and overall talent I think the roughnecks find a way to win in Needville. Columbia 34 - Needville 14. We would have to play more consistant on offense and better ST to put up 34.... However, I think they can do it. :)

Necks_Fan
10-08-2008, 02:20 PM
LOL...tell "Hop-a-Long" he better bring an ankle brace. :D #41 is not the RB Flannel.

#41 is Fb/LB and he says he is going to tear em up.

Flannel wears #22 I think. :)

Necks_Fan
10-08-2008, 02:22 PM
I don't know...he looks pretty scrawny to me The kid is pretty solid. If he gets any "thicker" he would be more of a power runner..... He's kind of a mix now. Definitely not afraid to lower his shoulder right now.

IHStangFan
10-08-2008, 02:29 PM
We would have to play more consistant on offense and better ST to put up 34.... However, I think they can do it. :) I know how it's spelled, thanks for the English "lesson".

Necks_Fan....I gotcha, I thought about that after I posted it. "41 isn't generally a RB number....wonder if that's who he was talkin about" LOL. You're still a go for the M&G on Friday right? Hoping the shirt shows up today.

Necks_Fan
10-08-2008, 02:37 PM
I know how it's spelled, thanks for the English "lesson".

Necks_Fan....I gotcha, I thought about that after I posted it. "41 isn't generally a RB number....wonder if that's who he was talkin about" LOL. You're still a go for the M&G on Friday right? Hoping the shirt shows up today. Yea. I'm still a go for the M&G. Yep. #41 is probably our best defensive player, so he's got the game to back that up. LOL.

Anyway... I think the Story of the night is field position, and how effectively we pass the ball.

If we do both of those well, which we haven't to this point in this season..... then we will win.

IF we struggle at one or both, then it's goign to be a tough game.

IHStangFan
10-08-2008, 02:43 PM
Yea. I'm still a go for the M&G. Yep. #41 is probably our best defensive player, so he's got the game to back that up. LOL.

Anyway... I think the Story of the night is field position, and how effectively we pass the ball.

If we do both of those well, which we haven't to this point in this season..... then we will win.

IF we struggle at one or both, then it's goign to be a tough game. That's logical....and on our side, I feel we'll have to really step up the Run Defense, and effectively mix it up...i.e. establish some sort of running game, and then go to the air. If we can execute both run and pass, we'll be alright. We actually CAN pass the ball ya know. :D

Necks_Fan
10-08-2008, 02:48 PM
That's logical....and on our side, I feel we'll have to really step up the Run Defense, and effectively mix it up...i.e. establish some sort of running game, and then go to the air. If we can execute both run and pass, we'll be alright. We actually CAN pass the ball ya know. :D Will be a tough game for the secondary but they're up to the challenge.

We do run alot of man coverage with only 1 safety. Putting 8 in the box. We may have to go to 1 3 Cb and 1 S or 2 Safeties this week.

I think it's a bad idea to try to defend the pass with 4 Lb's and 4 down lineman.

On a side note, I heard that one of our Dt's is out this week. Concussion? Should help the Needville Running game a bit.

Necks_Fan
10-08-2008, 02:52 PM
Also, another concern for the Necks is playing on grass. We haven't played on a grass field in who knows how long.

Could be a factor on Friday.

IHStangFan
10-08-2008, 02:53 PM
Will be a tough game for the secondary but they're up to the challenge.

We do run alot of man coverage with only 1 safety. Putting 8 in the box. We may have to go to 1 3 Cb and 1 S or 2 Safeties this week.

I think it's a bad idea to try to defend the pass with 4 Lb's and 4 down lineman.

On a side note, I heard that one of our Dt's is out this week. Concussion? Should help the Needville Running game a bit. I know Needville's pre-district sched. has been light, but they seem to have a decent running game in place as well. They ALWAYS have a fresh back. They have rotated ....5 I think...guys in and out and all seem capable of moving the ball. Hadjik has NOT been the main threat thus far this season. The keys to this being a Blue Jay victory will be OL play and stopping WC's attack on the ground. MAN I'm stoked for this one. It'll really let both sides know where they stand in the district rankings.

Necks_Fan
10-08-2008, 02:57 PM
I know Needville's pre-district sched. has been light, but they seem to have a decent running game in place as well. They ALWAYS have a fresh back. They have rotated ....5 I think...guys in and out and all seem capable of moving the ball. Hadjik has NOT been the main threat thus far this season. The keys to this being a Blue Jay victory will be OL play and stopping WC's attack on the ground. MAN I'm stoked for this one. It'll really let both sides know where they stand in the district rankings. Definitley will let ya know where we're BOTH at.

Yea, I hear Tim Grant is REALLY fast for the Jays.

Whoever can just hold onto the ball wins.... IMO.

I'm so ready for Friday night. Just a hop and skip to Needville.

IHStangFan
10-08-2008, 02:59 PM
Definitley will let ya know where we're BOTH at.

Yea, I hear Tim Grant is REALLY fast for the Jays.

Whoever can just hold onto the ball wins.... IMO.

I'm so ready for Friday night. Just a hop and skip to Needville. I agree....yes, Grant has run the ball well, but he's one of a handful. Hadjik I believe has the lowest yrd/per carry of all of the backs so far this season. He's a 3yds and a cloud of dust kind of back for the Jays.

Necks_Fan
10-08-2008, 03:04 PM
I agree....yes, Grant has run the ball well, but he's one of a handful. Hadjik I believe has the lowest yrd/per carry of all of the backs so far this season. He's a 3yds and a cloud of dust kind of back for the Jays. I think teams focus on the run when he's on. Probably the most talented of the Jays' backs.

IHStangFan
10-08-2008, 03:07 PM
I think teams focus on the run when he's on. Probably the most talented of the Jays' backs. He definitely runs hard. He is not the fastest of the Jays from what I've seen though. (Hadjik)

Necks_Fan
10-08-2008, 03:09 PM
He definitely runs hard. He is not the fastest of the Jays from what I've seen though. (Hadjik) The team seems to be more worried about Grant than any other player..... not really worried but more focused on him. :)

IHStangFan
10-08-2008, 03:22 PM
The team seems to be more worried about Grant than any other player..... not really worried but more focused on him. :) AH...you were talkin about Grant. Needville's RB stats to this point...

LaCroy: 50att, 368yds, 7.36yds/c, 3TDs
Grant: 31att, 246yds, 7.94yds/c, 5 TDs
Hadjik: 28att, 127yds, 4.54yds/c, 1TD
Esquivel: 4att, 53yds, 13.25yds/c, 0TDs
Lehman: 2att, 42yds, 21yds/c, 0TDs
Young: 5att, 33yds, 6.6yds/c 0 TDs

There are a couple of others, but I don't feel like typing anymore, LOL.

The Jays give the ball to ALOT of guys on the ground.

Teams stats:

1283 total yds offense
845yds rushing
438yds passing
5.91yds/carry
12.88yds/catch

Berry is 33 of 54 for 376yds, 61.11 comp. %, 3TDs, 3INTs.

Necks_Fan
10-08-2008, 03:28 PM
AH...you were talkin about Grant. Needville's RB stats to this point...

LaCroy: 50att, 368yds, 7.36yds/c, 3TDs
Grant: 31att, 246yds, 7.94yds/c, 5 TDs
Hadjik: 28att, 127yds, 4.54yds/c, 1TD
Esquivel: 4att, 53yds, 13.25yds/c, 0TDs
Lehman: 2att, 42yds, 21yds/c, 0TDs
Young: 5att, 33yds, 6.6yds/c 0 TDs

There are a couple of others, but I don't feel like typing anymore, LOL.

The Jays give the ball to ALOT of guys on the ground.

Teams stats:

1283 total yds offense
845yds rushing
438yds passing
5.91yds/carry
12.88yds/catch

Berry is 33 of 54 for 376yds, 61.11 comp. %, 3TDs, 3INTs. Looks as if 3 Runners are the majority to me. I forgot about LaCroy.... He's good too.

kingoftheranch
10-08-2008, 06:07 PM
needville has never had a great passing game so i dont see needville just torching them. they dont have speed at the reciever position and the o-line is supsect at best so paass protection probably wont be there against a good d like WC so i think its more needville has to pass against WC not WC has to stop the pass. #41??? is that holmes? i thought he was WC best player

kingoftheranch
10-08-2008, 06:12 PM
grant is fast but probably not as good as the other 2. hadjik has some speed and some power, fumbles alot concentration isnt there alot. lecroy is slow, but powerful. short yardage back

IHStangFan
10-08-2008, 06:21 PM
Hey everyone....just got home and the State Bound T-shirt was in the mailbox. So we've got it for the M&G, halftime over beside the concession stand. Sound good to everyone?

carter08
10-09-2008, 12:53 AM
i will probably see you guys friday.

cropduster
10-09-2008, 09:46 AM
Will be a tough game for the secondary but they're up to the challenge.

On a side note, I heard that one of our Dt's is out this week. Concussion? Should help the Needville Running game a bit.

Are you sure that man coverage you see is not cover 3? You know it is posiible to have 8 in the box and not run man coverage.

Necks_Fan
10-09-2008, 01:45 PM
Originally posted by cropduster
Are you sure that man coverage you see is not cover 3? You know it is posiible to have 8 in the box and not run man coverage. Yea, it's cover 3. Not man. We really have 8 guys in the box and but we pass protect with the outside lb's.

It's cover 3 but they just line up in a man formation.

It's all good.

And Holmes is not #41.

Holmes is 25....

He's really good too. Our lb's are a stout group of kids.

kingoftheranch
10-09-2008, 04:10 PM
yea i was pretty positive he was 25 because he has been that the past 2 years. so was 41 there last year? if so, he wasnt any good

Necks_Fan
10-09-2008, 04:40 PM
yea i was pretty positive he was 25 because he has been that the past 2 years. so was 41 there last year? if so, he wasnt any good Oh no, he WAS good. May not have been his best game that you saw, but he has started on varsity since his sophmore year. The kid is GOOD. I will promise you that.

Holmes, Johnican, Podojil, Maret.... We got some good ones.

And also, I guess some of our coaches want to change my words and make me seem like a bad guy, I wonder who thast could be:rolleyes:

But uh... let me clarify something.

I NEVER said our secondary sucks..... cuz thats what one my friends accused me of saying on here.

I said, the kind of defense we run is challenging to pass cover.... as well as that they weren;t the fastest kids in the world.. so that's gives other teams a bit of an advantage. They themselves will say that they are slow and talk down on their own speed even though they are not slow... just not burners.

Our secondary is 3/4 guys who really play their asses of every week and have done a very nice job to this point.

I also said they were subject to give up some yards in response to IHStangFan saying that they had a good passing offense.

I never said we would get torched, and by no means do I think they will.....

So to that someone who is trying to change my words......... well let me not say what I think.

Why would I run down our secondary when 3 of my really good friends play in our secondary..... 1 of which happens to be one of my best friends out of anybody?

LOL. So I hope I cleared things up with that post.

:rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: To that one person, and he knows who he is.

IHStangFan
10-09-2008, 06:43 PM
tomorrow night fellas!!

Necks_Fan
10-09-2008, 08:00 PM
tomorrow night fellas!! YEP! Can't wait!

GO NECKS!!!!!:clap: :clap: :clap: :) :D

IHStangFan
10-09-2008, 08:02 PM
YEP! Can't wait!

GO NECKS!!!!!:clap: :clap: :clap: :) :D went through WC twice today on my way to and from Freeport.....WC aint so tough! :D

scrub c
10-09-2008, 09:19 PM
went through WC twice today on my way to and from Freeport.....WC aint so tough! :D

Pay attention to your speed between walmart and mcdonalds... It has always been 45 thru there and sometime this summer they dropped it to 35!!!!

Yep I have been pulled over right in front of the car wash... going 45 on the nose...

Necked
10-09-2008, 09:45 PM
not looking forward to driving down that side of Houston on a friday afternoon, but I'm definitley going to be there....

Necks_Fan
10-09-2008, 10:09 PM
not looking forward to driving down that side of Houston on a friday afternoon, but I'm definitley going to be there.... GOOD!

Go to the M&G too.

IHStangFan
10-09-2008, 10:14 PM
Pay attention to your speed between walmart and mcdonalds... It has always been 45 thru there and sometime this summer they dropped it to 35!!!!

Yep I have been pulled over right in front of the car wash... going 45 on the nose... yup....picked one up today w/ the fuzzbuster and sure enough...he was right down by the car wash. Luckily I was doing the speed limit.

Necks_Fan
10-09-2008, 10:15 PM
yup....picked one up today w/ the fuzzbuster and sure enough...he was right down by the car wash. Luckily I was doing the speed limit. I got one of those too!

Has saved me a many ticket.

IHStangFan
10-09-2008, 10:18 PM
I got one of those too!

Has saved me a many ticket. The other morning I went over to Rosenberg and picked up a police cruiser and took it to our shop in Pasadena to install a Moto Mesh system.....I was playin w/ the radar clockin people on the way to work...got some clown on 288 doin 88mph!!

GO JAYS!!

Necks_Fan
10-09-2008, 10:25 PM
The other morning I went over to Rosenberg and picked up a police cruiser and took it to our shop in Pasadena to install a Moto Mesh system.....I was playin w/ the radar clockin people on the way to work...got some clown on 288 doin 88mph!!

GO JAYS!! Aw, I want one...... Dang.

Lol. That sounds fun... It might've been me though.... on 288 you can MOVE without getting caught.

My little thing always goes off when there is no cops though. Makes me mad.:mad:

IHStangFan
10-09-2008, 10:36 PM
Aw, I want one...... Dang.

Lol. That sounds fun... It might've been me though.... on 288 you can MOVE without getting caught.

My little thing always goes off when there is no cops though. Makes me mad.:mad: LOL...I travel 288 each and everyday twice....back and forth to work. I always hate in the mornings when I get to Pearland and I go from 80mph to 0. Sucks.

Necks_Fan
10-09-2008, 10:39 PM
LOL...I travel 288 each and everyday twice....back and forth to work. I always hate in the mornings when I get to Pearland and I go from 80mph to 0. Sucks. LOL. You know what really sucks?

You being on the highway radaring innocent people like me making their cop things go off for no reason. You should get "sheeple stomped" for that.:D

IHStangFan
10-09-2008, 10:41 PM
LOL. You know what really sucks?

You being on the highway radaring innocent people like me making their cop things go off for no reason. You should get "sheeple stomped" for that.:D LOL...and the most annoying part about driving a cop car.....sheeple seeing you coming up in the rear view and slowing to 52mph in a 65mph zone instead of just doing.......65 which is the speed limit. :mad:

onsideanytime
10-10-2008, 08:45 AM
do yall have the scores from the Fresh/JV games last night? my nephew plays on the Jv, just have not had time to call my brother about the score.

IHStangFan
10-10-2008, 08:48 AM
Originally posted by onsideanytime
do yall have the scores from the Fresh/JV games last night? my nephew plays on the Jv, just have not had time to call my brother about the score. I'm sorry, I did not attend the JV game last night. I will try to find out though.

jaydog34
10-10-2008, 09:08 AM
Needville lost at the freshman level 28 to 8
Needvilles JV won 21 to 0

onsideanytime
10-10-2008, 09:26 AM
jaydog-- how did the jv look, i know that they are a bunch of sophomores that are undefeated right now, did they move the ball easily did the defense fly to the ball

jaydog34
10-10-2008, 10:01 AM
I have not been able to see them play as much as I would like but I was very impressed on how the Blue Jays were able to move the ball as well as they did. The front line did a great job of controlling the line of scrimmage. I thought there coach did a great job of play calling last night, they were able to sustain thier drives and control the clock despite a few set backs as far as penelties. In my opionion I thought Needville just played a lot more physical than the Roughnecks. Hats off to the coaches at Needville.

onsideanytime
10-10-2008, 10:12 AM
i have heard a lot of good things about that staff, i know my nephew loves playing for them, from what i see they coach those kids hard and get a lot out of those kids

jaydog34
10-10-2008, 10:18 AM
I have heard the same things. I read on here a few weeks ago that the coaches from Needville were catching a lot of grief for some reason. I guess because of the turnover they had as a staff last year. From what I have seen they did lose some great coaches, but it looks like they have picked up some real good ones. I respect any coach there is. that is a very tough job, and a lot of hours spent working through the week. The needville program is a class act, and always show a lot of respect where ever they are. That is a true compliment to the men that work with them. I think a lot of the Needville coaching staff myself. I was really impressed with the defense last night as well I felt they did a good job of flying to the ball. Overall the Needville kids were well prepared and played like it.

IHStangFan
10-10-2008, 10:42 AM
Hey guys....I will be wearing a maroon Arizona State ball cap and we'll have BabyStangFan with us....we shouldn't be hard to find.

BabyStangFan:

http://i13.photobucket.com/albums/a290/BAClanton/Jetta3.jpg

Necks_Fan
10-10-2008, 01:23 PM
Hey guys....I will be wearing a maroon Arizona State ball cap and we'll have BabyStangFan with us....we shouldn't be hard to find LOL. I'll be wearing shorts... and a brown and blue plaid hat. White kid.... short hair.... lol. won;t be hard to find. Just be milling around during halftime by the concession stand I guess. :cool:

kingoftheranch
10-10-2008, 04:04 PM
not sure what i will be wearing yet if i do attend. i will be looking out ofr yall tho during halftime.

Necks_Fan
10-10-2008, 05:43 PM
Everybody show during halftime.

It will be fun. Near the concession stand. If you don't see anyone, then wait around for a little bit. Carter, atleast you can find me.

IHStangFan
10-10-2008, 05:58 PM
Everybody show during halftime.

It will be fun. Near the concession stand. If you don't see anyone, then wait around for a little bit. Carter, atleast you can find me. Just to reiterate.....I'll be in tan cargo shorts, a white izod shirt w/ little black and blue pins stripes, flipflops/sandals, and an Arizona State hat.... I also am WAY overdue for a haircut. :D