PDA

View Full Version : D31-3A....what's up....

IHStangFan
10-03-2008, 10:31 PM
with Robstown?!?!?! They've knocked off who....Orange Grove tonight and who was it last week? West Oso?

UH OH!

Cotton Pickers on a mission!

piratebg
10-03-2008, 10:35 PM
We'll see what the Pickers are made of when they travel to Ingleside next Friday. It looks like it's gonna be a good game. Sinton, Ingleside, and Robstown are the only undefeateds* left in D31.

(*undefeateds as in undefeated in district play ;) )

IHStangFan
10-03-2008, 10:37 PM
Originally posted by piratebg
We'll see what the Pickers are made of when they travel to Ingleside next Friday. It looks like it's gonna be a good game. Sinton, Ingleside, and Robstown are the only undefeateds left in D31. yeah, that may prove to be a test for both teams. It'll definitely lay the foundation for the playoff picture to start to emerge.

piratebg
10-03-2008, 11:00 PM
I just realized that WO will be in Ingleside next week, not Robstown. My bad. :doh:

IHStangFan
10-03-2008, 11:01 PM
I just realized that WO will be in Ingleside next week, not Robstown. My bad. :doh: That might be interesting.....beware of the wounded bear....hope Ingleside does not overlook them, as they DO have some athletes.

Ingleside Fan
10-03-2008, 11:01 PM
[B]We'll see what the Pickers are made of when they travel to Ingleside next Friday.

We have West Oso next week.

piratebg
10-03-2008, 11:02 PM
Originally posted by Ingleside Fan

Figured that out already. Thanks. ;)

piratebg
10-03-2008, 11:03 PM
Originally posted by IHStangFan
That might be interesting.....beware of the wounded bear....hope Ingleside does not overlook them, as they DO have some athletes.

I'm sure WO got some cofindence back by putting a beating on Fal. It's a week away but I say Ingleside by 10.

IHStangFan
10-03-2008, 11:06 PM
I'm sure WO got some cofindence back by putting a beating on Fal. It's a week away but I say Ingleside by 10. I'm gonna say if Ingleside is prepared w/ a good game plan, does not overlook the Bears, and plays to their potential...

Ingleside 41
West Oso 28

Chillimaru
10-03-2008, 11:09 PM
What was the final between WO and Fal

piratebg
10-03-2008, 11:10 PM
Originally posted by Chillimaru
What was the final between WO and Fal

WO 35
Fal 6

99IHSMustang
10-03-2008, 11:15 PM

I plan on being at this one as well. It should be another good game and a good test for the Mustangs.

Ingleside Fan
10-03-2008, 11:42 PM
How about those MUSTANGS!!!:clap: :clap: :clap:

Chillimaru
10-04-2008, 12:14 AM
Strange Times Indeed............. at least for OG Congradulations to Sinton and Ingleside on 2 big wins tonight. Hopefully OG can get 1 in the win column next week against Fal. Will be routing for Sinton over Mathis, Ingleside over WO, and AP over Robstown, dont want to think about them being 3-0 in district, but they have a head full of steam now, going to be hard to beat Good Luck everyone!!!

elcabezon
10-04-2008, 12:58 AM
go Pickers!!! most of my family is from Robstown.... I can't remember the last time Robstown won two district games in a row.... unbelievable!!!

Maroon87
10-04-2008, 01:00 AM
Originally posted by elcabezon
go Pickers!!! most of my family is from Robstown.... I can't remember the last time Robstown won two district games in a row.... unbelievable!!!

It's definitely been a while that's for sure. I'm glad to see them getting frisky lol...

99IHSMustang
10-04-2008, 01:06 AM
I actually like the fact that we have 7 teams in our district once again. It reminds of the old days, but then again only two teams used to go to the playoffs.

pirate4state
10-04-2008, 02:26 AM
with Robstown?!?!?! They've knocked off who....Orange Grove tonight and who was it last week? West Oso?

UH OH!

Cotton Pickers on a mission! Maybe AP needs to take some baseballs with 'em next week and distract them! haha.

They were the only team we beat last year, but they do have some good players. Gonna be interesting.

Ingleside Fan
10-04-2008, 08:53 AM
I'm gonna say if Ingleside is prepared w/ a good game plan, does not overlook the Bears, and plays to their potential...

Ingleside 41
West Oso 28

Coaching staff has scouted WO alot and we played Refugio specifically for their offense and speed.

We will have to score early and continuously to stay ahead of West Oso.

Expect no holds bar type of game. The boys are going to let it loose on this game.

SintonFan_inAustin
10-04-2008, 10:49 AM
Well this week was more of a suprise that one team is not dead and another has risen.

IMO i didn't think Ingleside had gotten the kinks worked out from their two losses in a few days span before district, but look out they look explosive again and with a new player in the backfield not many might know about.

Robstown has improve from earlier in the year and WOW they beaten two good district teams to start off 2-0 and a sleeping giant has awaken.

RIght now, i would say 6 teams(Sinton,Orange Grove, West Oso, Ingleside, Mathis and Robstown have a legitimate shot at playoffs spots still. Going to be good matchups every week.

SintonFan_inAustin
10-04-2008, 10:56 AM
Originally posted by elcabezon
go Pickers!!! most of my family is from Robstown.... I can't remember the last time Robstown won two district games in a row.... unbelievable!!! 1990 they started 2-0 in district in 4a.

Last playoff apperance was 1966, losing to San Marcos 27-13 in the first round of the Class 3A playoffs. They have made it to the state's quarterfinals before in 1956 but not sure if any other playoff appearences.

maroonpirate04
10-04-2008, 11:03 AM
Could you picture if Tuloso Midway would've been put in our district, The playoff picture would really be interesting. Perhaps our district would've end up a 9 teams intstead of 8. And the 3 palyoff spots TM and Robstown would be on top and the third spot up for grabs.:thinking:

Ingleside Fan
10-04-2008, 11:28 AM
Originally posted by SintonFan_inAustin
IMO i didn't think Ingleside had gotten the kinks worked out from their two losses in a few days span before district, but look out they look explosive again and with a new player in the backfield not many might know about.

Quit telling our secrets, about the new kid in the back field.:D

Oh I forgot the Caller Times did that already. :mad:

Ingleside Fan
10-04-2008, 11:29 AM
Originally posted by SintonFan_inAustin
1990 they started 2-0 in district in 4a.

Last playoff apperance was 1966, losing to San Marcos 27-13 in the first round of the Class 3A playoffs. They have made it to the state's quarterfinals before in 1956 but not sure if any other playoff appearences.

That is a long time!

SintonFan_inAustin
10-04-2008, 11:32 AM
Quit telling our secrets, about the new kid in the back field.:D

Oh I forgot the Caller Times did that already. :mad: i know somebody in Ingleside that told me Ingleside had a secret weapon ;)

SintonFan_inAustin
10-04-2008, 11:33 AM
That is a long time! just notice this from the 4a website, Robstown and TM havent made the playoffs since 1966 and right now both could make the playoffs on the same year. :eek: