PDA

View Full Version : Avg. Score: Caldwell 50, Opponent 20

nunya
10-03-2008, 10:22 PM
Take away that Bellville loss when the team was totally unprepared, and the last four opponents average point margin is:

Caldwell: 59
Opponent: 12

Top 15 team if there ever was one.
Others may not believe, but it's made a believer outta me, and I was skeptical after Week 0.

navscanmaster
10-03-2008, 11:00 PM
Something about that Slot-T. I truly believe that its effectiveness lies in not only its practice and execution, but in the fact that 9 out of 10 teams now run the spread. Teams defend and practice defending the spread so much that when they all of a sudden have to face the Slot-T, they are not ready. Anyway around it, Caldwell is playing good smashmouth football.

BTW, how did Rudder score?

LH Panther Mom
10-03-2008, 11:35 PM
Unfortunately, there are no take-aways or do-overs. :p

Global Swarming
10-03-2008, 11:36 PM
Well, we fumbled on the first play from scrimmage and they only had to go 14 yards. Then a player touched a punt and Rudder recovered on our side of the field and kicked a field goal. The last score came against 2nd teamers on a 40 yard pass play. I was really impressed with their kicker. That kid really has a strong leg. Our 2nd teamers played the entire 2nd half, but it just didn't seem to make any difference. I really feel for their kids. Of all the districts to be thrown into in their first year it had to be this one.

navscanmaster
10-03-2008, 11:56 PM
Originally posted by Global Swarming
Well, we fumbled on the first play from scrimmage and they only had to go 14 yards. Then a player touched a punt and Rudder recovered on our side of the field and kicked a field goal. The last score came against 2nd teamers on a 40 yard pass play. I was really impressed with their kicker. That kid really has a strong leg. Our 2nd teamers played the entire 2nd half, but it just didn't seem to make any difference. I really feel for their kids. Of all the districts to be thrown into in their first year it had to be this one.

Well, the UIL could have put them in that Emory Rains, Farmersville, etc. district in Region II. But that would have been way too much drive time.:devil: :D

FormerBellvilleBrahma
10-04-2008, 01:22 AM
Originally posted by nunya
Take away that Bellville loss when the team was totally unprepared, and the last four opponents average point margin is:

Caldwell: 59
Opponent: 12

Why not say Bellville was a better team? They had the same time to get ready for the game as Bellville did. Totally unprepared?

nunya
10-04-2008, 07:52 AM
Originally posted by FormerBellvilleBrahma
Why not say Bellville was a better team? They had the same time to get ready for the game as Bellville did. Totally unprepared?

Bellville scrimmaged Brenham and Needville
Caldwell scrimmaged Lexington and New Waverly.
No preparation for teams with depth made a big difference, but Bellville is a very good team. In 1991, Groesbeck (which defeated Bellville 21-13 in Conroe) had lost to Fairfield 26-7 in district action and finished as runner-up. They had a rematch in the third playoff round and Groesbeck won 31-0. Lots can change in a month or more. As you know, the Goats went on to win the 3A title.

nunya
10-04-2008, 07:54 AM
Originally posted by LH Panther Mom
Unfortunately, there are no take-aways or do-overs. :p

The loss to Bellville was the best thing that could have happened to the Hornets. Massive wake-up call.

Paris started 0-4 several years ago (with a couple lopsided losses) and wound up with a state title.

I'm just sayin' (sound familiar?)

ProudHornetMom
10-04-2008, 10:51 AM
Originally posted by FormerBellvilleBrahma

I have no problem saying that Bellville was the better team when we played them both offensively and defensively. We are improving each week...and no doubt so is Bellville. :clap: