PDA

View Full Version : Fredericksburg @ Llano

ziggy29
10-03-2008, 08:49 PM
Boy, was I looking forward to seeing this one until I came down with sciatica a couple days ago, and I can barely move. So now I have to settle for Art Dlugach's call on the radio. And what I can hear from the stadium a quarter mile away, which is a lot of cheering and the band.

Llano leads 25-14 at halftime.

The Jackets have had trouble with the PAT game and mostly the pass defense. In the first 18 minutes or so, the F'burg offense had their way with the passing game and Coach Yeager's defense seemed unable to stop it.

After that the Jackets defense started putting enough pressure on the Billies that they forced bad passes and an interception by Esteban Aviles, who is quickly becoming a star on the team both offensively and defensively.

25-14 Jackets at the half. The Billies haven't stopped the Jackets yet, and Llano gets the ball to start the second half. Aviles has been a total stud so far.

ziggy29
10-03-2008, 09:34 PM
Llano 32, Fred 14 -- end of the 3rd.

ziggy29
10-03-2008, 10:18 PM
Finel -- Llano 32, Fred 29.

LH Panther Mom
10-03-2008, 11:32 PM
Wow! Sounds like it was a good game!

sandmaster
10-04-2008, 12:36 AM
Wow what a great game. Llano moves to 1-0 in district 8-3a and Fredericksburg drops to 0-2. Any other thoughts on the game.

ziggy29
10-04-2008, 10:57 AM
In the first half, Fred couldn't run at all; I think they had something like 2 yards rushing in the first half. By the fourth quarter, they had passed well enough to "establish the run."

In the fourth quarter the Billies were finally able to move the ball consistently on the ground, and the Llano defense seemed to have no answers. Fortunately for the Jackets, by that time the clock was their ally.

Coach Yeager went a bit conservative in the fourth quarter, IMO, in that there were fourth and short situations between the 40s where I would normally expect Llano to go for it -- especially with the success they were having with the running game -- but he instead opted to punt.

lange4
10-04-2008, 11:11 AM
I don't know,but in my opinion you don't go for it on your side of the field when you are nursing a lead. Kick the ball and pin them deep.