10-03-2008, 08:26 PM
Freakin 51 yd field goal, 20-7 yoakum

29-3aFAN
10-03-2008, 08:40 PM
46 yd field goal, 23-7 Yoakum halftime

IHStangFan
10-03-2008, 08:42 PM
Originally posted by 29-3aFAN
Freakin 51 yd field goal, 20-7 yoakum WOW...sounds like they've got a real deal place kicker in Yoakum!

nunya
10-03-2008, 08:52 PM
Field goals alone can win games with a stiff defense. Seen it happen many, many times

HM33
10-03-2008, 09:12 PM
Cuero needs to steal a kicker from Yoakum

29-3aFAN
10-03-2008, 09:22 PM
23-14 Yoakum 8 min left. 3rd qrter

SpursFan
10-03-2008, 10:00 PM
What classification is Smithville??????

solocam
10-03-2008, 10:14 PM
3a

Pudlugger
10-03-2008, 10:19 PM
any update on the score?

hookandladder
10-03-2008, 11:00 PM
Yoakum beats Smithville 23-14, I am a little surprised thought Smithville would possible win this one but reality hits 1 week earlier.

44INAROW
10-03-2008, 11:08 PM
Way to go Bulldogs........ Next week Bulldogs vs Gobblers in Cuero - should be a good game - :)

BD - did you go to the game? If so, what's you opinion on the Bulldogs so far this season?

Pudlugger
10-04-2008, 12:12 AM
Congratulations to Yoakum. I've said that they are an improving team and should not be taken lightly. Smithville will bounce back and compete in D25 now that the undefeated pressure is off.

jrhernandez7
10-04-2008, 12:22 AM
great game by yoakum, played with intensity through out and took advantage of the tiger mistakes and took this game, 5 fummbles in the first half was all she wrote for them, yoakum's kicker deliver some big kicks, #6 runnels from smithville did not see any action at all, dont know if coach was hideing him or resting him for district but kinda wierd the best athelte on the team does not play, no excuses needed wasnt the tigers night, yoakum is the real deal and will be in the playoffs and smithville got a very needed wake up call, they will bounce back and stir up the district race no doubt

hookandladder
10-04-2008, 09:45 AM
Originally posted by jrhernandez7
great game by yoakum, played with intensity through out and took advantage of the tiger mistakes and took this game, 5 fummbles in the first half was all she wrote for them, yoakum's kicker deliver some big kicks, #6 runnels from smithville did not see any action at all, dont know if coach was hideing him or resting him for district but kinda wierd the best athelte on the team does not play, no excuses needed wasnt the tigers night, yoakum is the real deal and will be in the playoffs and smithville got a very needed wake up call, they will bounce back and stir up the district race no doubt

Wow, you were really that impressed with Yoakum, hard to beleive that they are that improved from when we played them. It was like 41-7 in the 2nd quarter when we played them, we could have easily scored 60 points on them. We played Goliad a few weeks later and I will bet the house they would beat them also, it will be hard for them to make the playoffs even in their weak district. Maybe you have not seen any decent teams in 3A.

nunya
10-04-2008, 09:48 AM
Tigers will win at least one league game. Still come a long way.

29-3aFAN
10-04-2008, 12:12 PM
Originally posted by hookandladder
Wow, you were really that impressed with Yoakum, hard to beleive that they are that improved from when we played them. It was like 41-7 in the 2nd quarter when we played them, we could have easily scored 60 points on them. We played Goliad a few weeks later and I will bet the house they would beat them also, it will be hard for them to make the playoffs even in their weak district. Maybe you have not seen any decent teams in 3A.

Should of scored 60 with all those turnovers.

bulldogs_1975
10-04-2008, 08:35 PM
Seriously are you kidding me? I was at the La Grange game and let me tell you 60 is a bit far fetched you must have been watching a different game than everyone else. If Yoakum does not throw what three picks and fumble three times in the first half then it is not near bad of a score than what it was. Plus if memory serves me correct La Grange did not score the second half. Now I already know what you are going to say that La Grange had there seconds in but I bet if you were watching the game you would have noticed that it was a majority of there starters in the game.

Pudlugger
10-04-2008, 08:48 PM
I listened to the entire game on radio. What you say has some merit. The Leps ran up the score fast taking advantage of the Yoakum miscues. In the second half the Bulldog defense stiffened and their offense was successful in scoring twice. This showed me the Bulldogs had some heart and some talent that would shine through with a little polishing. That is why I picked them to win by a td against an undefeated and determined Smithville team. Hats off to Yoakum and good luck the rest of the way(unless we meet again LOL).:)

popcorn screen
10-04-2008, 09:07 PM
Kicker has a live leg if he is bootin em that far. Has he had any offers?

bd62
10-06-2008, 10:32 AM
kicker is also Q.B. He is a junior as is a majority of the starters on the team. good future for the Bulldogs. Should make the playoffs if they stop those turnovers and stupid penalitys.

hookandladder
10-06-2008, 10:56 AM
Originally posted by bulldogs_1975
Seriously are you kidding me? I was at the La Grange game and let me tell you 60 is a bit far fetched you must have been watching a different game than everyone else. If Yoakum does not throw what three picks and fumble three times in the first half then it is not near bad of a score than what it was. Plus if memory serves me correct La Grange did not score the second half. Now I already know what you are going to say that La Grange had there seconds in but I bet if you were watching the game you would have noticed that it was a majority of there starters in the game.

I was also at the game, our coach shut the offense down himself at the start of the 3rd quarter. Did you not notice that our QB was under center the hole second half and ran maybe 3 or 4 different run plays the rest of the game. I would bet if you look at the stats, we did not attempt more than 3 or 4 passes in the 2nd half. In our base offense we run out of the shotgun, not under center. I agree you did turn the ball over in the first half but we still had to take advantage and score which we did. So do not say your defense shut us down in the second half, we shut ourselfs down.

bulldogs_1975
10-06-2008, 11:29 AM
So tell me why did he shut down the offense? That was the second game of the year if memory serves correct. That is a littler early to be worrying about running the score up. Maybe shutting down the offense was a bit extreme all I was saying is that La Grange was good but Yoakum shot themselves in the foot. I guarantee you that if they played again it would be a totally different outcome. I mean if you look at the points they had off of turnovers,which is a good thing the name of the game do not get me wrong, it would have been a totally different game if you just take away 3 of those. Agree?

hookandladder
10-06-2008, 11:40 AM
Originally posted by bulldogs_1975
So tell me why did he shut down the offense? That was the second game of the year if memory serves correct. That is a littler early to be worrying about running the score up. Maybe shutting down the offense was a bit extreme all I was saying is that La Grange was good but Yoakum shot themselves in the foot. I guarantee you that if they played again it would be a totally different outcome. I mean if you look at the points they had off of turnovers,which is a good thing the name of the game do not get me wrong, it would have been a totally different game if you just take away 3 of those. Agree?

If I remember correctly the score was like 41-7 with a good amount of time left in the 2 quarter and yes I was surprised we can out in the 2nd half with our QB under center the rest of the game. It was our coaches decision and you have to respect it. Also I would assume we will play again next year and maybe things will be different however I feel we will be even bettter next year. We are very young with most of all skilled players being juniors and sophmores. Everyone would like to take turnover's away but that's part of the game and why we play.

jrhernandez7
10-06-2008, 05:01 PM
just because a team losses the fist couple of weeks doesnt mean they dont have a good team, that is why we play pre-district games, just matters what happens in district and the week 5 yoakum bulldogs is looking like a contender in district, good job bulldogs yall are deffinatly on the rise to be a power in the coming years, i got my own opinions about the game vs smithville , do not write this team off yet dis25, smithville came off a bye vs., a very rapidly improving yoakum team with 2 stright wins and there homecoming , that was a hard game for smithville to win, throw away the fisrt quarter that smithville came out like they had a bye with 3 fumbles 2 on there end and we have a new game, but not taking anything away from yoakum they took the fumbles and capitolized, thats what footballs about look for both these teams to make serious noise next week