PDA

View Full Version : Wharton -vs- Bellville Webcast

IHStangFan
10-03-2008, 07:39 PM
Wharton -vs- Bellville (http://www.kulpradio.com/)

IHStangFan
10-03-2008, 07:42 PM
Bellville's QB is a 6'5" 220lbs lefty?!?!?! :eek:

IHStangFan
10-03-2008, 07:53 PM
"Wharton hasn't even registered positive yardage"?? Did I hear that right??

I'll probably be lookin for another game to listen to by halftime.

IHStangFan
10-03-2008, 08:39 PM
Let's go Wharton!! Cannot believe w/ the way Wharton is playing, they are still in this one! Sounded like a nice Tiger run....and then he fumbles and gives it back. Wharton continues to shoot themselves in the foot when they start to get things going. They DID say Wharton had some speed.

IHStangFan
10-03-2008, 09:15 PM
Bellville 20
Wharton 0
Half

rancher
10-03-2008, 09:22 PM
From what I observe, Bellville defense way to quick and fast for Wharton. Bellville should be ahead by two more touchdowns. Offensive line again displaying weak play. Several drives stopped by holding calls or failure to block on third and short.

IHStangFan
10-03-2008, 09:38 PM
WOOOHOOO...high snap....Wharton recovers. TD Wharton.

20-7? Bellville

nunya
10-03-2008, 10:07 PM
Originally posted by rancher
From what I observe, Bellville defense way to quick and fast for Wharton. Bellville should be ahead by two more touchdowns. Offensive line again displaying weak play. Several drives stopped by holding calls or failure to block on third and short.

Yea, I expected a much more lopsided game

fireman1
10-03-2008, 11:45 PM
wuts the final score

IHStangFan
10-03-2008, 11:46 PM
26-7 Bellville over Wharton

Bull's-eye
10-04-2008, 01:07 AM
Another oustanding performance by the Bellville defense. Wharton ended up with 97 total yards, only rushing for 64 yds on 35 attempts. The Bellville offense totaled 341 yds, with 211 on the ground & 130 through the air. RB Runnels rushed for 120 yds on 10 carries and scored 1 TD. The Brahma offense continues to have problems cashing in on the scoreboard, as they seem to bog down in the red zone. This game wasn't really even close, as Wharton only scored after Bellville's center snapped the ball over the punter's head. The Tiger recovered on the Bellville 3 and later scored on a short run. I think Wharton had 0 first downs and negative yardage, before they finally went on a long 3rd qtr drive. Wharton was forced to punt 9 times.

Necks_Fan
10-04-2008, 01:11 AM
Originally posted by Bull's-eye
Another oustanding performance by the Bellville defense. Wharton ended up with 97 total yards, only rushing for 64 yds on 35 attempts. The Bellville offense totaled 341 yds, with 211 on the ground & 130 through the air. RB Runnels rushed for 120 yds on 10 carries and scored 1 TD. The Brahma offense continues to have problems cashing in on the scoreboard, as they seem to bog down in the red zone. This game wasn't really even close, as Wharton only scored after Bellville's center snapped the ball over the punter's head. The Tiger recovered on the Bellville 3 and later scored on a short run. I think Wharton had 0 first downs and negative yardage, before they finally went on a long 3rd qtr drive. Wharton was forced to punt 9 times. Sounds like Navasota/Sealy.

I think Sealy had negative yds at halftime. Just mever put together a long drive like Wharton.

TigerFan51
10-04-2008, 01:25 AM
At least Wharton's defense held Bellville to only 6 points in the entire second half. ...the offense didn't show up for this one.

FormerBellvilleBrahma
10-04-2008, 01:31 AM
Originally posted by TigerFan51
At least Wharton's defense held Bellville to only 6 points in the entire second half. ...the offense didn't show up for this one.

If it would not have been for the bad snap Wharton would have not got close to the goal line. Both the #1 and #2 centers for the Brahmas did not play tonight.

rancher
10-04-2008, 07:17 AM
After watching the game last night, the Bellville Defense is very impressive. Very quick and fast, the middle linebacker has to be one of the best I have seen in 3A in the past five years. He was everywhere. I was also very impressed with the way that Runnels and Houston have developed as running backs. They are now exploding up the field instead of looking for a hole like they did at the first of the year. However, the offensive line was very very bad, several drives stopped on short yardage situations. Too many holding calls on them and yes they were good calls. Second half was very bad for them. If I counted correctly, because of the bad line play, Bellville was force to punt 6 straight times they had the ball in the second half. This was a bad Wharton team on defense. However the Bellville line play made them look like district champs. Better improve quickly before Friday. Based upon the play last night, LaGrange will beat Bellville by 14.

KL3
10-04-2008, 07:57 AM
Rancher, I agree with you about the MLB Jackson. The one game I saw Bellville play this year, he was relentless. Never quit on a play.

rancher
10-04-2008, 08:47 AM
Bellville has had some very very good linebackers who played with heart and pride. Jefferies and Supak come to my mind quickly. However, Jackson is a step above them because of his speed. Is he just a junior? He has to be a D1 player. Also must add that Talerine is a spark plug of the defense with his all out play. Wish the O-line had that type of desire.