PDA

View Full Version : I've got a question.....

IHStangFan
10-03-2008, 07:33 PM
Something here has always made me scratch my head. If a game is webcast, and you post a link to it so everyone can listen........then why would you need an "update" thread to accompany it? I'm not bashing, I'm just curious. Now, I understand that some games are NOT webcast and people post updates they rcv via text or phone calls. Anyway, it just struck me as funny, LOL........disregard this msg, I'm tired.

garciap77
10-03-2008, 07:35 PM
Originally posted by IHStangFan
Something here has always made me scratch my head. If a game is webcast, and you post a link to it so everyone can listen........then why would you need an "update" thread to accompany it? I'm not bashing, I'm just curious. Now, I understand that some games are NOT webcast and people post updates they rcv via text or phone calls. Anyway, it just struck me as funny, LOL........disregard this msg, I'm tired.

Then stop hitting "The Cow Bell"!

:D :D :D

;)

IHStangFan
10-03-2008, 07:37 PM
Originally posted by garciap77
Then stop hitting "The Cow Bell"!

:D :D :D

;) ah come on...you can never have too much cowbell....

"I got a feva!!"

:D

garciap77
10-03-2008, 07:39 PM
ah come on...you can never have too much cowbell....

"I got a feva!!"

:D

MORE COWBELL..................then!:D

IHStangFan
10-03-2008, 07:40 PM
Originally posted by garciap77
MORE COWBELL..................then!:D I'm gonna really explore the space.... :D

HM33
10-03-2008, 09:04 PM
Well if you want a reason then it because some people have internet that isn't fast enough to play a live webcast. I don't know of many that have that slow but I know I used to have one.

Maroon87
10-03-2008, 09:06 PM
When I put my pants on I make gold records!!

Sweetwater Red
10-03-2008, 09:06 PM
Something here has always made me scratch my head. If a game is webcast, and you post a link to it so everyone can listen........then why would you need an "update" thread to accompany it?

So everyone can discuss the game as it happens.:thumbsup:

Btw...Brownwood is losing.:evillol:

IHStangFan
10-03-2008, 09:07 PM
Originally posted by HM33
Well if you want a reason then it because some people have internet that isn't fast enough to play a live webcast. I don't know of many that have that slow but I know I used to have one. good point, good point. That is a good reason. Thank you 33. :)

HM33
10-03-2008, 09:09 PM
NP, I'm always up to help out someone in need.

IHStangFan
10-03-2008, 09:13 PM
Originally posted by Sweetwater Red
So everyone can discuss the game as it happens.:thumbsup:

Btw...Brownwood is losing.:evillol: LOL...another good point :)

WOSgrad
10-03-2008, 09:20 PM

When you are like me and you are stuck at work with a computer than DOES NOT HAVE SPEAKERS!!!

IHStangFan
10-03-2008, 09:21 PM
Originally posted by WOSgrad
When you are like me and you are stuck at work with a computer than DOES NOT HAVE SPEAKERS!!! OUCH!! that's another good reason....but that's one that I'd take upon myself to remedy. :D

Stownhorse
10-03-2008, 09:52 PM

Mostly because people just want an update and are to lazy to look for the link and listen. They just want to check on it and carry on.

LH Panther Mom
10-03-2008, 11:29 PM
Sometimes people are listening to ONE webcast, and reading updates of others.

IHStangFan
10-03-2008, 11:31 PM
okay...you guys have made the case, and I'll buy......

let it be known that from here on out IHStangFan concurs it is a good idea to not only post a link to a webcast if you have one, but to also post updates in the thread.

Thanks DL.

Ranger Mom
10-03-2008, 11:33 PM
Originally posted by LH Panther Mom
Sometimes people are listening to ONE webcast, and reading updates of others.

That was my answer!!

kepdawg
I like to read update threads of other games when I get home.

LH Panther Mom
Originally posted by kepdawg
I like to read update threads of other games when I get home.
Me too! :)

sinton66
10-03-2008, 11:42 PM

Maybe some people are deaf? Maybe their speakers don't work?
Could be all kinds of reasons.:D

IHStangFan
10-03-2008, 11:45 PM
Originally posted by sinton66
Maybe some people are deaf? Maybe their speakers don't work?
Could be all kinds of reasons.:D you sir...are not funny....okay...maybe a little, LOL.

Necks_Fan
10-04-2008, 01:04 AM
Originally posted by kepdawg
I like to read update threads of other games when I get home. Ditto^^^^^