PDA

View Full Version : Exchange Student Athletes?

Bullaholic
10-03-2008, 04:59 PM
Anybody ever have an exchange student athlete on any of their teams? I assume they are elligible to participate and there still are exchange student programs. Always wondered if there were some really good soccer players who might have made the football team as kickers.

LH OffseasonVet
10-03-2008, 05:03 PM
In LH we had a fantastic point guard that played for us in 04.

kaorder1999
10-03-2008, 05:17 PM
i was under the impression that someone on a foreign exchange program could only play Varsity for one year. I may be wrong though!

garciap77
10-03-2008, 05:22 PM
Originally posted by kaorder1999
i was under the impression that someone on a foreign exchange program could only play Varsity for one year. I may be wrong though!

Yes! You are correct. We had one from Germany last year. You have to fill a UIL form and there was a $100.00 fee.

Keith7
10-03-2008, 05:54 PM
We had an exchange student from Italy when I was in high school, he played football, soccer, and baseball.. He was a stud in soccer, by far our best player.. In football he was the back up kicker, and he would have prolly started as kicker on most 3a football teams, but we had an all state kicker at the time. They did let him help out on kickoff a few times when our kicker was banged up..

baseball he was placed on JV even though he was classified a senior.. He didn't mind though, he just had fun playing and learning the game.

thatboiwes
10-03-2008, 06:13 PM
We had a guy from Brazil that played football for us for 3 years. He was on JV for the 1st 2 seasons though. He was a fantastic kicker. Since Gilmer doesn't have a soccer team, he decided to play some football. He actually drop-kicked someone on a kickoff. It was hillarious.