PDA

View Full Version : One Armed Football Player

Chillimaru
10-03-2008, 12:48 PM
Last night in the OG JV vs Robstown JV game i noticed that something wasnt quite right about a player #94 so i got my binoculars out and i'll be dang the kid only had 1 arm and he was playing cornerback this kid couldnt tackle very well but he didnt have to, he would low down knock your jock strap in the dirt. My hat goes off to any kid that can overcome something like that. The rest of the team pretty much gave up @ the start of the 2nd but this kid kept hustling the whole game. Good Job #94:clap: :thinking:

RiverRat19
10-03-2008, 12:52 PM
I played sub-varsity ball with a guy who played with a prostetic arm. He also played defense (outside LB) and would bring the wood on folks. Glad to see these guys overcome their adversity and be successful in spite of it.

jimmyceatworld
10-03-2008, 01:03 PM
:clap: for him

.... but #94 cornerback? Gross.

firstcat
10-03-2008, 02:16 PM
Originally posted by Chillimaru
Last night in the OG JV vs Robstown JV game i noticed that something wasnt quite right about a player #94 so i got my binoculars out and i'll be dang the kid only had 1 arm and he was playing cornerback this kid couldnt tackle very well but he didnt have to, he would low down knock your jock strap in the dirt. My hat goes off to any kid that can overcome something like that. The rest of the team pretty much gave up @ the start of the 2nd but this kid kept hustling the whole game. Good Job #94:clap: :thinking:

waaaaayyy back in the day, Liberty Hill had a one-armed center...quite a player...ended up being a local judge! Some of you might remember him...D.W. Hays.

trojan37
10-03-2008, 02:19 PM
We've got a 2 headed coach, and neither head can agree on what play to call. Seriously, hats off to that kid. It takes a lot of guts to get out there and play with something like that. Makes me take a step back and think twice about some of the crap I whine about.

Phil C
10-03-2008, 02:36 PM
Originally posted by firstcat
waaaaayyy back in the day, Liberty Hill had a one-armed center...quite a player...ended up being a local judge! Some of you might remember him...D.W. Hays.

Dilley had a player that had one leg and played well. I think he played in the 70s there. He later worked for the City. They told me he was good. He played on the defensive line. Of course he couldn't rush the passer but they said he could hold his position very well.

Global Swarming
10-03-2008, 02:46 PM
I remember back in the 80s, we had a guy that played football and basketball with a prosthetic. He could really get up and down the basketball court. Pretty decent player though.

pirate4state
10-03-2008, 02:50 PM
Good for him. To bad our JV travels to Robstown this year.

Chillimaru
10-03-2008, 03:45 PM
Originally posted by pirate4state
Good for him. To bad our JV travels to Robstown this year.
Why it wasnt bad at all going over there last night, Sinton's JV should handle them ok they give up quick

pirate4state
10-03-2008, 03:47 PM
Originally posted by Chillimaru
Why it wasnt bad at all going over there last night, Sinton's JV should handle them ok they give up quick I don't really know any of the kids on JV and Survivor is on Thursday nights! :nerd: :D

:o oops, that's a lie...i do know several of the kids on JV :doh:

icu812
10-03-2008, 05:25 PM
Sam Houston St. had a one armed corner in the 90's. He was a good player.