PDA

View Full Version : Region IV GOTW: Bellville @ La Grange

Pudlugger
10-03-2008, 12:39 AM
I realize the Bulls have to beat Wharton before getting down to the discussion of this classic District 25 opener next Friday but will put up the thread today to get a head start.

The Leps have the Bulls at home and are coming off an impressive win against Hamshire-Fanett 4-1 going into district. The Leopard offense features a cadre of outstanding receivers and two of the most efficient qbs in Region IV. They have been putting up over 400 yards per game and look to open up in this first district game. The outcome will be decided on how well Bellville can defense the pass. If La Grange can hold the potent and balanced Bellville offense to 21 points or less they should win this game as I do not think Bellville can stop the Leps from scoring at least 4 tds. It will be a very exciting and high scoring game imo.

Leps by 14.

Bull's-eye
10-03-2008, 02:04 AM
I agree that LG looked impressive against an unprepared and unimpressive HF team. Those kids hadn't had much practice and I was told they had been out of school for 2 weeks, besides dealing with the loss of homes and other damages to their community. They also lost their best RB & DE along with 2 other players. Bellville will do a much better job of defending the pass, but also bringing the pressure to rattle those QB's. HF didn't apply much pressure at all allowing the QB's to sit back and pick their secondary apart. Another key will be the Leps ability to handle Bellville's running game. They didn't do too good of a job vs HF allowing almost 5 yds per carry. IMO, LG showed their "hand" a little too much vs HF and Bellville won't be fooled by those on-side kicks.

hookandladder
10-03-2008, 06:28 AM
I was a little skeptical at first about using 2 QB's however with one of our best LB's going down with a knee injury and out for the season is now a real blessing. Josh Schneider( 1 of our QB"s) stepping up and filling that void at LB has made the defense come together so he does not have to go both ways all the time. I was not at the game last night however if you think we do not have a running game you might be surprised the next game. I will go out on a limb and say #22 and #27 and both QB's are our best RB's since the Tye Gunn era, the passing game will open the running game. Also the best thing about this team is they are loaded with Junior's and Sophmore's at all skilled positions, so look out for years to come. I predict an upset, I will go with the underdog.

La Grange- 35
Bellville--28

KL3
10-03-2008, 07:10 AM
Originally posted by hookandladder
[B]they are loaded with Junior's and Sophmore's at all skilled positions, so look out for years to come.[B]

Well, every single Bellville team from J.V. to 7th grade beat La Grange last year so I would say watchout for Bellville as well.

hookandladder
10-03-2008, 08:20 AM
Originally posted by KL3
Well, every single Bellville team from J.V. to 7th grade beat La Grange last year so I would say watchout for Bellville as well.

Wow. JV and 7th and 8th grade, very impressive.

HEMOTOXIC
10-03-2008, 08:21 AM
Originally posted by Bull's-eye
I agree that LG looked impressive against an unprepared and unimpressive HF team. Those kids hadn't had much practice and I was told they had been out of school for 2 weeks, besides dealing with the loss of homes and other damages to their community. They also lost their best RB & DE along with 2 other players. Bellville will do a much better job of defending the pass, but also bringing the pressure to rattle those QB's. HF didn't apply much pressure at all allowing the QB's to sit back and pick their secondary apart. Another key will be the Leps ability to handle Bellville's running game. They didn't do too good of a job vs HF allowing almost 5 yds per carry. IMO, LG showed their "hand" a little too much vs HF and Bellville won't be fooled by those on-side kicks.

From my understadning, HF played last week beating 2A Deweyville 21 to 14.

trg
10-03-2008, 08:45 AM
As always I am rooting for Bellville. I think the Bulls will bring more to the table than the Leps can handle.

Pudlugger
10-03-2008, 09:06 AM
HF looked pretty fit to me. Those defensive lineman were all over 6'2' 230+ lbs and trim. No one was standing around with their hands on hips and looking winded even after their D was on the field so long due to the onside kicks and fumble recoveries. This was a big team. Their o line had two 300 lb lineman who will probably play at the next level. Their pass defense could not cover our receivers man to man and our o line gave great protection to the qbs. The running game granted was not as good as it has been in other games but give credit to HF's D especially their stud linebacker, another probable D1 player. As for 5 yards per carry, I really think that is an exaggeration. They punted the ball 4 or 5 times and got stuffed on many 3rd down plays. They did have a couple of good drives of about 60 and 40 yards each to score twice. They ran behind that huge guard #75 Sequoia Harry at 6'2" 290. He was a hoss! And he was only the second largest on the line LOL. I don't think the Leps will face another o line like theirs in district.

Bellville will be tough no doubt, but I don't think they have been up against the kind of offense the Leps field this season before. They will have to cover 4 or 5 outstanding receivers with qbs that are quick and accurate. They will probably use only 3 down lineman. If they blitz the Leps can burn them on the screen or qb draw. The Leps will be running their receivers way down field on every play and the defense will get a real aerobic work out covering them. The spread is very tough to defend when you have the right combination of players as the Leps do this year. That is why I said that to win the Lep D will have to hold a potent Bellville offense to 21 or less. The Lep offense should get more than 21 points. It should be a high scoring game and one to remember for sure.

Bellville is a very good football team and always a very strong competitor. It will not be easy to beat them. They may shut the Leps down and hand them a loss but I'm optimistic that this will be the Lep's year.

rancher
10-03-2008, 09:08 AM
Bellville will bring a very fast and hard hitting defense, LaGrange has not seen this speed before. Bellville will have a good running attack and a very suspect passing attack. However, the offensive line is very weak and slow as evident in the Brookshire game. Will get a better feel when I see them tonight. If the defense plays like the past 4 games, LaGrange will be in for a long night because of the team speed. The defense also sets up a lot of situations for the offense to score on a short playing field. Bellville will win this one by 21.

44INAROW
10-03-2008, 09:19 AM
Originally posted by rancher
LaGrange has not seen this speed before.

oh really?:)

pirate4state
10-03-2008, 09:24 AM
Originally posted by 44INAROW
oh really?:) we both know scrimmages don't count!

TRENCHES06
10-03-2008, 09:27 AM
Definite game of the week. Should be DQ game of the week

venomous tat2
10-03-2008, 09:34 AM
I look for bellville to use it's running game to controll the clock and try to keep the ball away from L G's passing attack . I would love to see this game strong running game VS strong passing game and it's gonna come down to who can defend better . :thinking:

36phseal
10-03-2008, 09:39 AM
La Grange hasn't played anyone and Bellville has coasted through a tough non-district schedule without showing anything. Bellville has played their basic offense and defense and has been gearing up for this game since last year. We beat LG last year soundly on JV....which is who LG has on Varsity now...so we aren't really worried. LG will be in the running for third...but I'm not sure they can stop the RB from Columbus...and if they can't stop him, there is no way they will stop Nunn. The Bulls will run the clock with a sound running game, lull you to sleep, when Mueller lets loose with one of his bombs.

LG's objective ought to be, don't get anyone hurt in this game, so they will be able to compete the next week with Smithville, which more than likely will be another loss. LG, ride high for now, because at the end of the season, you will more than likely be 1-4 in district play.

Bulls win this one 35-12.

44INAROW
10-03-2008, 09:42 AM
Originally posted by pirate4state
we both know scrimmages don't count!

I'm just having a good time - this "off week" business sucks :(

LHS 2SONS
10-03-2008, 09:48 AM
Talking about who beat who, LG Varsity beat Bellville last year, which our varsity was below average last year. The JV game, Bellville won 15 to 14(Bellvile kicked a field goal with 3 seconds left in the game). Granted, I think Bellville is the team to beat in our District, but LG will win this game at home, if they were playing at the Pasture of Pain, a different story.

Also, to give LG's running game a little more credit, HF had seven guys in the box all night which opened the aerial attack. A team will not be able to cover our receivers one on one.

Good Luck Bellville tonight against Warton. We will see you next week and have a safe trip to LG

TRENCHES06
10-03-2008, 09:51 AM
Originally posted by 36phseal
La Grange hasn't played anyone and Bellville has coasted through a tough non-district schedule without showing anything. Bellville has played their basic offense and defense and has been gearing up for this game since last year. We beat LG last year soundly on JV....which is who LG has on Varsity now...so we aren't really worried.

Bellville beat LG JV by a last second field goal. That is soundly? wow.

TIGER FAN
10-03-2008, 10:05 AM
Don't you guys think you are getting ahead of yourselves! You do have a game tonight.....and just for that - I hope the Tigers find a way to kick some butt! Go get'm Tigers!

TRENCHES06
10-03-2008, 10:07 AM
LG had their game last night. We can go ahead and think about Bellville ;)

TIGER FAN
10-03-2008, 10:10 AM
Originally posted by TRENCHES06
LG had their game last night. We can go ahead and think about Bellville ;)

Sorry...that was not ment for you! That was strictly ment for the Bellville folks!;)

footballguru
10-03-2008, 10:36 AM
I laugh when I hear "Our JV beat their JV or our 7th grade "c" team beat their team". The fact is simple, you have to play the game, it does not matter who on paper is better, it is more about who is better that night. Granted Bellville beat LG on all levels last year except for varsity. Last years LG seniors lost to Bellville 50 - 0 when they were freshman or close to it, they lost to them when they were on JV the next year, did that decide last years varsity game, no. Bellville is a great team with a lot of varsity experience, LG is a young team that keeps gaining confidence, either team can win next Friday and I promise you the subvarsity outcomes from previous years mean squat. I hope both teams play their best and it should be a great game to watch.

TRENCHES06
10-03-2008, 10:47 AM
Ding Ding Ding! Hit the nail on the head. Prior Subvarsity games don't mean crap.
LG's 2007 team was not good at all but was fired up enough and coached up enough to beat the cowpatties.

hookandladder
10-03-2008, 10:48 AM
La Grange hasn't played anyone and Bellville has coasted through a tough non-district schedule without showing anything. Bellville has played their basic offense and defense and has been gearing up for this game since last year. We beat LG last year soundly on JV....which is who LG has on Varsity now...so we aren't really worried. LG will be in the running for third...but I'm not sure they can stop the RB from Columbus...and if they can't stop him, there is no way they will stop Nunn. The Bulls will run the clock with a sound running game, lull you to sleep, when Mueller lets loose with one of his bombs.

LG's objective ought to be, don't get anyone hurt in this game, so they will be able to compete the next week with Smithville, which more than likely will be another loss. LG, ride high for now, because at the end of the season, you will more than likely be 1-4 in district play.

Bulls win this one 35-12.

If you think we cannot stop Nunn and you think we cannot stop Columbus or Smithville just where do you think we are going to get 1 win in District. Are you predicting Sealy as the last place team in our District. I would be willing to bet we will not see a better WR/RB than who we faced last week #10 for Goliad. That kid was just as good on Defense, also I think we have 2 of the top corners in our District, they play the pass very well and are very good at run support. They are both very atheletic and will put a hit on you, Time will tell the story. Wharton also will not be a pushover for you either, after Friday night let the war begin.

TRENCHES06
10-03-2008, 10:51 AM
also I think we have 2 of the top corners in our District, they play the pass very well and are very good at run support. They are both very atheletic and will put a hit on you,

Bull's-eye
10-03-2008, 10:59 AM
Rushing stats:

LG 38 attempts for 59 yards (1.55 ave)

H-F 30 attempts for 144 yards (4.8 ave)

TRENCHES06
10-03-2008, 11:09 AM
Did you happen to forget the 360 yards passing ;)

Bull's-eye
10-03-2008, 11:12 AM
Did you happen to forget the 360 yards passing ;)

No, I posted that last night. Pudlugger questioned the almost 5 yds per attempt by H-F.

Bull's-eye
10-03-2008, 11:23 AM
Originally posted by Pudlugger
The running game granted was not as good as it has been in other games but give credit to HF's D especially their stud linebacker, another probable D1 player. As for 5 yards per carry, I really think that is an exaggeration.

4.8 to be exact and I did say almost 5 yards per carry. :)

hookandladder
10-03-2008, 11:31 AM
4.8 to be exact and I did say almost 5 yards per carry. :)

And the Final score was ?

36phseal
10-03-2008, 11:58 AM
Granted, the matchup of Bellville 5-0 and La Grange 4-1 sounds good...like it should be the matchup of the week....but the hype will far outweight the game. LGs offense is really good...but the name of the game is defense. We may not be able to totally stop LG, who BTW hasn't seen a defense like ours yet, but there is no way that the LG defense will be able to stop Bellville. They have too many weapons. But even if you are able to every once in awhile...field position, turnovers, and defense will win this game....and Bellville is alot better at those than anyone in the district.

To answer the question, I think LG can win one district game. They only have 2 returning starters. Inexperience will hurt them tremendously. The one district game MIGHT be Sealy....but only because i can't stand Sealy.

Hope to see you LG Leps out tonight at the Bellville game. If you do, then I think some of your cockiness and attitude will slow down alot...because you'll be able to see what we already know. The Bulls are for real this year.

I_DONT_CARE
10-03-2008, 12:06 PM
some of your cockiness and attitude
WHAT'S WRONG WITH THIS PICTURE? :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

Bull's-eye
10-03-2008, 12:06 PM
And the Final score was ?

I also posted that last night. Go back and read my game summary. ;)

Pudlugger
10-03-2008, 12:09 PM
4.8 yards per carry yet they only scored twice. I'd say the lep D held when it counted. Also, remember much of the Lep rushing was done in mid third quarter on, when the second and third string were in. The Lep rushing game will be fine.

RattlerDude
10-03-2008, 12:12 PM
If the La Grange passing game is as good as the first post was saying then I say La Grange as well. High school defenses are very vulnerable to the pass whether they play zone or man. Either way a good passing game with all the receivers spreading the field will be much harder to stop than a good Bellville running game.

BrahmaMom
10-03-2008, 12:15 PM
Talked to a huge LG fan two weeks ago and was impressed by the report. Of course I love our Brahmas and expect a phenomenal showing; that said, LG may give us an entertaining game. Brahma pass defense needs to be ready, sounds like, and our offense needs to become all it can be! Get pumped, Brahmas!

36phseal
10-03-2008, 12:17 PM
I just don't see how LG defense can stop Nunn. If you do, I will eat my words....but not many have stopped him yet, and we just don't make alot of mistakes. I think the difference between our team last year and this year is the play of the quarterback. Miller can beat you with his legs and arm. I thought the athletic defense of Livingston would cause us problems....but they didn't..and neither did Brenham in our scrimmage. Every week I gain a little more confidence in our boys...and the top 10 ranking just proves my point.

BrahmaMom
10-03-2008, 12:21 PM
You're right. Wait till we work out the kinks, though. We need to imporve every week. The Brahmas have a tradition to uphold.

Bull's-eye
10-03-2008, 12:32 PM
The 160 lb H-F RB did some good hard running, several times he carried a few Leps with him. I questioned the H-F coach and why he didn't stay more with the run. H-F was terrible throwing the ball and had trouble even catching the ball when uncovered. I guess when they got behind, they scrapped their running game. Their unability to field a kickoff got H-F in a hole and LG's 2 4th down TD passes and the last second 40 yd TD pass broke this game wide open. LG scored 3 TD's in the last 3:46 of the first half.

TRENCHES06
10-03-2008, 12:33 PM
1)Bellville
2) LG
3) Giddings
4) Smithville
5) Sealy
6) Columbus

36phseal
10-03-2008, 12:46 PM
1. Bellville
2. Giddings
3. Columbus
4. Sealy
5. Smithville
6. La Grange

La Grange's defense won't be able to stop any of the RBs in district. They haven't faced offenses like these yet. And on top of it all....don't they play Smithville the week after Bellville? That's the top two defenses in the district. Once they go 0-2, there's no way to catch up.

Bellville runs the table. They are definetely the elite of the district because they have both offense and defense. Giddings has a weak defense. Columbus has a good offense..but no defense. Sealy, it depends on if the coach kicks off RB again...or let's him back on again. Smithville, I love ya, but it's hard to get past the tradition of losing. But the best you will do is 4th.

TRENCHES06
10-03-2008, 12:47 PM
get yer crow ready.

36phseal
10-03-2008, 12:51 PM
I hope not...but I'm really not worried.

Bull's-eye
10-03-2008, 12:56 PM
I have seen the Leps and they will be in the hunt for one of those playoff spots. IMO, they are better than Sealy and will finish ahead of the Tigers. Can't wait to see the other teams, sounds like D25 will be a tight race.

hookandladder
10-03-2008, 01:37 PM
1. Bellville
2. Giddings
3. Columbus
4. Sealy
5. Smithville
6. La Grange

La Grange's defense won't be able to stop any of the RBs in district. They haven't faced offenses like these yet. And on top of it all....don't they play Smithville the week after Bellville? That's the top two defenses in the district. Once they go 0-2, there's no way to catch up.

Bellville runs the table. They are definetely the elite of the district because they have both offense and defense. Giddings has a weak defense. Columbus has a good offense..but no defense. Sealy, it depends on if the coach kicks off RB again...or let's him back on again. Smithville, I love ya, but it's hard to get past the tradition of losing. But the best you will do is 4th.

Just curious do all Bellville poster feel the same as this dude, I am assuming he or she is not very old. Have not seen this name on the board, coming on board with such harsh remarks usually comes from the young and inexperienced pups. So you have to consider the soucre.We(LG fans) know Bellville has a good team, we just feel we can play with Bellville and possible win also. I am sure Nunn is a good back but as I posted before the back from Goliad was also good, we do not have to shut Nunn down completely to win. Also I will go out on a limb that if you do beat us it will take more than just him to win.Da

Bull's-eye
10-03-2008, 01:59 PM
Read my post just above yours. :) I hadn't seen all of the teams (D25) play yet, so I'm not making any early predictions. As of now, everybody got a shot. I'll know more after next week.

Bulligator
10-03-2008, 02:09 PM
Just curious do all Bellville poster feel the same as this dude, I am assuming he or she is not very old. Have not seen this name on the board, coming on board with such harsh remarks usually comes from the young and inexperienced pups. So you have to consider the soucre.We(LG fans) know Bellville has a good team, we just feel we can play with Bellville and possible win also. I am sure Nunn is a good back but as I posted before the back from Goliad was also good, we do not have to shut Nunn down completely to win. Also I will go out on a limb that if you do beat us it will take more than just him to win.Da

What’s the old saying? “Don’t count your chickens before they’ve hatched”. I’ve read your posts 36phseal, and it’s good to see an optimistic poster, sort of opposite the O-line supporter rancher. But don’t confuse optimism with being over-confident, such as USC and Florida this past week. Bellville will be in a dogfight the rest of the year in District 25, and will need to overcome the weaknesses that have been exposed thus far. Yes, we’re undefeated, and have played some good teams, but I haven’t seen our talent play up to their ability yet. The injury bug has decided to stay with us another year, with (at last count) five starters on the sideline, with no definite time frame of returning.

I don’t remember many of the pre-season experts or pollsters being very impressed with what we had coming back after the dismal 2007 season, but our 2008 record seems to have opened some eyes. I believe there were a few of us old local boys that witnessed how many sophomores had to be thrown into the battle last year after injuries and retirements. We were closer to winning more games last year, but the inexperience and undeveloped talent just couldn’t be overcome.

LaGrange should be the favorite next week with their outstanding offense, and Bellville having to travel to the Leps home field. Back in the old days, we let our actions on the field do the talking at game time, and let the other teams fill the wall with bulletin board material the week before. I suggest you may want to do the same.

hookandladder
10-03-2008, 02:54 PM
Originally posted by Bulligator
What’s the old saying? “Don’t count your chickens before they’ve hatched”. I’ve read your posts 36phseal, and it’s good to see an optimistic poster, sort of opposite the O-line supporter rancher. But don’t confuse optimism with being over-confident, such as USC and Florida this past week. Bellville will be in a dogfight the rest of the year in District 25, and will need to overcome the weaknesses that have been exposed thus far. Yes, we’re undefeated, and have played some good teams, but I haven’t seen our talent play up to their ability yet. The injury bug has decided to stay with us another year, with (at last count) five starters on the sideline, with no definite time frame of returning.

I don’t remember many of the pre-season experts or pollsters being very impressed with what we had coming back after the dismal 2007 season, but our 2008 record seems to have opened some eyes. I believe there were a few of us old local boys that witnessed how many sophomores had to be thrown into the battle last year after injuries and retirements. We were closer to winning more games last year, but the inexperience and undeveloped talent just couldn’t be overcome.

LaGrange should be the favorite next week with their outstanding offense, and Bellville having to travel to the Leps home field. Back in the old days, we let our actions on the field do the talking at game time, and let the other teams fill the wall with bulletin board material the week before. I suggest you may want to do the same.

I knew there were some good people living in Bellville. Good post, can't wait til next week. Only problem I will not be at the game Friday night, heading to Dallas for the Texas- OU game. After my sons 8 th grade game Thursday night with Bellville, they put it on us last year however I think we will play them much better this year.

FormerBellvilleBrahma
10-03-2008, 03:11 PM

Hook, this new poster means well, but the rest of us all know Bellville will have to play all 4 Q's good, to beat the Leps at home. The Leps are a very good team this year and it will take a very good team with no mistakes to beat the leps. After last year I will not say Bellville will most likely win because it is not a sure thing. This will be a very good game. All teams in this district are good.
I might put a predictin on this one later now it to hard to call.
But for now we need to worrie about Wharton. Hope to see the La grange fans in Bellville tonight.

hookandladder
10-03-2008, 03:23 PM
Originally posted by FormerBellvilleBrahma
Hook, this new poster means well, but the rest of us all know Bellville will have to play all 4 Q's good, to beat the Leps at home. The Leps are a very good team this year and it will take a very good team with no mistakes to beat the leps. After last year I will not say Bellville will most likely win because it is not a sure thing. This will be a very good game. All teams in this district are good.
I might put a predictin on this one later now it to hard to call.
But for now we need to worrie about Wharton. Hope to see the La grange fans in Bellville tonight.

Take care of business tonight and then it's time for the game of the week. I am sure there will be quite a few LG fans at Bellville tonight, I might make it too.

Bull's-eye
10-03-2008, 04:13 PM
Which 5 starters?

Bulligator
10-03-2008, 04:22 PM
From what I heard at the Jr. High game last night, we will be missing a linebacker, a cornerback, center, tackle and tight end.

Pudlugger
10-03-2008, 04:35 PM
Well good luck to the Bulls tonight. We want you to win and come to La Grange 5-0 ready to play.

Pudlugger
10-03-2008, 10:43 PM
Bellville wins over Wharton 26-7 going into next week's big game 5-0 and full of confidence. Good game Bulls, now lets get ready to rumble.:D

rancher
10-04-2008, 07:27 AM
After watching last nights game, I must change my mind on this game. I tell it like it is, not a homer. Bellville Defense very quick and fast. Good running backs who have develop very well. However, the offensive line play has gone from bad to worse. They made a very very bad Wharton defense look like district champs. They are slow, weak and to make up for it by holding a lot. They allow a bad defense to stop drives on third and short several time. They also give the quarterback no time to throw or make him hurry. Bellville Defense may keep them in the game for a while, but offensive line is the weak link and will kill the team. I must now go with LaGrange by 14.

KL3
10-04-2008, 07:52 AM
Doesn't Bellville have 2 OL starters out with injuries?

zebrablue2
10-04-2008, 09:13 AM

very good post...:iagree:

BrahmaMom
10-04-2008, 10:09 AM
The Brahmas need to learn from their past mistakes and face LG ready to lay it all on the line. We cannot make mistakes and beat the Leps. They are good this year, and playing them at LG during Fair Week makes for a tough game for the Brahmas. I certainly expect them to forget the Fair until Friday night and stay focused or they'll be handed their first loss of the season. Too bad about the injuries, but replacements need to step up and do their job. Let's get ready to win, Bulls!!

ProudHornetMom
10-04-2008, 11:26 AM
Originally posted by BrahmaMom
The Brahmas need to learn from their past mistakes and face LG ready to lay it all on the line. We cannot make mistakes and beat the Leps. They are good this year, and playing them at LG during Fair Week makes for a tough game for the Brahmas. I certainly expect them to forget the Fair until Friday night and stay focused or they'll be handed their first loss of the season. Too bad about the injuries, but replacements need to step up and do their job. Let's get ready to win, Bulls!!

We just finished Fair week (Madisonville game) and Homecoming last night. Before I had a son playing football, I saw these wonderful community activities differently and didn't understand why my husband fretted during these weeks. I now understand the meaning of distraction. :eek: I'm thankful, we're past our distraction weeks and can move on.

I hope Bellville's injuries heal quickly and it's a good week for the Brahmas.

Pudlugger
10-04-2008, 11:48 AM
I'm certain Bellville will get fired up for this match up and bring their A game. It should be interesting with Bellville's outstanding defense against the potent La Grange offense.

It will be up to the Lep defense to hold the Bulls to 21 points or less to win the game. That means they will need to contain Nunn and defense the pass very well because Bellville can score quickly either way. The front four Lep defenders have been improving each week and should be able to make problems for the Bellville o line. The lbs get to the ball quickly and so far have not been effectively blocked by offensive lineman. Solid tackling will be critical with Nunn's size and strength.

Winning the turnover fight, kicking game plus special teams play will also determine the winner. The Leps have been very good since Lockhart in protecting the football. On special teams they have really improved especially in punt coverage and kickoff coverage. #52 Lopez the place kicker has been very reliable on PATs and is a threat for FGs in the 35 yard range. Bellville probably has more range in their kicker so that is a concern.

#7 Henderson had a couple of awesome punts Thursday dropping the ball on the 7 yard line with almost no bounce. Reminded me of Justin Brantley from Sealy now A&M for a minute there. The Lep punting game looks remarkably good considering how few times they have had to punt this year.

I think it will be very difficult for the Bellville defensive backs to cover all four Leps receivers. The O line will need to step up and take control to provide protection for the qb. If they can do that the Leps should get their points on the board.

This should be the Region IV GOTW.

footballguru
10-04-2008, 03:33 PM
How are the injuries for Bellville? I saw one or two Lep players in jeans on the sideline Thursday. Does anyone have any info or injury update?

PutMeInCoach
10-04-2008, 06:44 PM
Let's NOT for get about the "grades" factor. How many will each team lose due to grades come Friday?

Pudlugger
10-04-2008, 07:51 PM
The Leps lost their all district 24 starting senior mlb Crouch in the yoakum game due to a knee injury. The junior qb schneider has stepped up and filled that position with authority. Other than that they are healthy as far as I know. Grades are always a wild card. Hopefully the boys have been doing their homework and the coaches have been on top of things. I want both teams to show up 100% ready to rumble.:)

Pudlugger
10-05-2008, 08:47 AM
Will this game be the region IV GOTW?

buff4life
10-05-2008, 10:50 AM
I'm anxious for this game to occur...

I really don't think that LG has played a decent team yet that has even remotely made them prove themselves...

this will be LG first test, or heck actually even homework if you go along with the metaphor, and if they can pass it, I'll be a believer that they are as good as all these people say, but until then I think i favor bellville to win this one

TRENCHES06
10-05-2008, 11:18 AM
I still say that since Sealy has fallen off, it will be Bellville, Giddings and La Grange in the playoffs

Pudlugger
10-05-2008, 12:07 PM
I agree Bellville will be a test. The Leps have played some decent teams with a win/Loss ratio of 13/11. Their only loss was to a good 4a team Lockhart [now 4-1 and a probable play off team from d17 4a]. Overall, the Bulls are 5-0 against a schedule with a Win/Loss of 8/13. However, Bellville's record includes a win over Caldwell, a team which is looming large as a very strong 3a team. That tells me they are for real and have beaten a darn good football team soundly.

The Leps are the underdogs, but in the end I believe they will manage a victory at home.

TRENCHES06
10-05-2008, 12:29 PM
Some interesting statistics:

WR Bunch-#4 WR in 3A Central Texas--by recieving yards. Bunch also had the biggest day by a reciever this year by ANY reciever in Cen-TEX

WR Wilkerson is not far behind--#6 or 7 I believe

WR McHazlett and Garner will have HUGE games if you over compensate for the other two. There is no let down throughout the 4 wideouts.

QB Schneider is the #2 passer--by yards--in Central Texas 3A (according to Statesman). Statewide, he is the #3 passer by QB rating--according to PRESSBOX.

RB Wilson is still geared up to have a breakout game which could happen very soon.

Pudlugger
10-05-2008, 01:32 PM
What's interesting is that Qb Schneider splits time with another excellent Qb Henderson the lefty senior. No doubt if Schneider played every series he would be #1. On the other hand if Henderson played every series he would also be in the top of the rankings. The coaches so far are reluctant to change a winning formula.

TRENCHES06
10-05-2008, 01:43 PM
The winning stat: A combined 63% completion rate.

Pudlugger
10-05-2008, 03:40 PM
I guess the Bellville posters are in the tall grass.:D

FormerBellvilleBrahma
10-05-2008, 04:24 PM

Opposed to being in a cage?

FormerBellvilleBrahma
10-05-2008, 04:28 PM
Originally posted by footballguru
How are the injuries for Bellville? I saw one or two Lep players in jeans on the sideline Thursday. Does anyone have any info or injury update?

Sounds like Bellville will have some starters out for this one, some players still healing. The good thing is Bellville has some good 2nd teamers.

Bull's-eye
10-05-2008, 05:07 PM
The most important question, will LG allow the new Bellville inflatable helmet & tunnel? :D

OldBison75
10-05-2008, 07:01 PM
I don't have a horse in this race but I do have an opinion. I think LaGrange will be a good test for the boys from Bellville. LaGrange will test the Bull secondary all night and will undoubtably score some points. The Bulls will try to control the game with the strong running attack. The Bulls have proven they can win and so has LaGrange. I'm picking Bellville by a touchdown but would not be suprised if LaGrange wins at home . I think it could be a very good game that is won by the last team to score, likely on the last drive. That said, Bellville 27 LaGrange 21.

R4Editor
10-05-2008, 07:30 PM
Bellville is rolling so far this year, and as of late La Grange has been hot. Can the Leps give Bellville their first loss on the season?

FormerBellvilleBrahma
10-05-2008, 08:17 PM
Originally posted by R4Editor
Bellville is rolling so far this year, and as of late La Grange has been hot. Can the Leps give Bellville their first loss on the season?

Bellville has only been rolling on 2 1/2 wheels, as of late the Defense great, Offense will need to roll on all 4 wheels to beat La Grange @ home. This will be a good test for the secondary of Bellville. Both teams will not be @ 100% some players out with injuries. La Grange was the underdog last year and put it on the Brahmas. Bellville has a much improved team over last year, I just hope we see them play a full 4 Quarters up to thier ablilltiy, and keep the Austin County Fair off their minds tell after the game.

buff4ever
10-05-2008, 08:24 PM
I got bellville in this one, just can't see LG being ready for this one. Bellville has played semi sloppy football to this point (from what I have heard), and they are still beating everyone by multiple scores.

ProudHornetMom
10-05-2008, 08:28 PM
Originally posted by buff4ever
I got bellville in this one, just can't see LG being ready for this one. Bellville has played semi sloppy football to this point (from what I have heard), and they are still beating everyone by multiple scores.

Bellville is one of those teams that even if they are playing semi-sloppy football...they're tough to beat. ;)

Pudlugger
10-05-2008, 09:12 PM
So what's the deal about Fair Week? Too much cotton candy or what?:D

FormerBellvilleBrahma
10-05-2008, 09:21 PM
So what's the deal about Fair Week? Too much cotton candy or what?:D

Seems Bellville never has their best outing during the Fair. We need our best outing to date this week, if La grange is that good?

36phseal
10-05-2008, 09:58 PM
No, I'm not a kid/student. Actually, I'm one that gets very excited about good football. After last years let down, we are ready for a great finish to this outstanding start, here in Bellville. I look at the other teams in the district, LG and all the others, and I just don't see how they can possibly matchup. The QBs at LG, I'm sure, have not faced the secondary that they will have to deal with this Friday night. Defense will win this game. From what I hear, the LG defense is extremely weak....not to mention the LG team is VERY young. The tempo of this game will bring the LG players to the Varsity tempo in a hurry. I'm sure LG has some positive things to talk about....but come on....they can't be any better than Columbus, Giddings, or Sealy. Jury is still out on Smithville after their letdown on Friday. But as far as this game is concerned....Bellville is a step above LG right now. Next year may be a different story...but honestly...think with your head, not with your heart LG.
Clock mngmt by Bellville's offense and the D, will not allow this game to be close.

BB by 3 touchdowns.

Bull's-eye
10-05-2008, 09:58 PM
Bellville did very well against Livingston's spread, but their QB wasn't as accurate as the LG QB's. H-F couldn't get any pressure and those QB's just played pitch & catch with their receivers. IMO, the way to beat Bellville is through the air and this matchup tends to favor LG. Bellville does have the revenge factor of getting "donkey stomped" (Pudlugger) in last year's game. This will be a big test for both teams and I could see it going either way. If Bellville wants to be a top 10 team, this is a game they need to win.

Bull's-eye
10-05-2008, 10:02 PM
36phseal, I've watched both Sealy and LG and the Leps will definitely beat the Tigers.

TRENCHES06
10-05-2008, 10:03 PM
If Bellville has a weakness, it is their secondary......and the oline.

Bull's-eye
10-05-2008, 10:10 PM
Secondary has actually been very good and they have come up with a number of interceptions. Bellville's defense has been very good of late defending the run, that's why I believe an opponent will fare better through the air.

CoffeeCup
10-05-2008, 11:06 PM
All I can say is good luck to both teams. I going to this one to see for myself what all the buzz is about. Hope it's decided on the last play for some extra drama.

36phseal
10-06-2008, 09:03 AM
I would like to see an exciting game....but not because Bellville plays poorly, but because LG plays above their expectation. It can't help but help both teams down the road. As a matter of fact, after BB win Friday, I would love for LG to go undefeated the rest of the way.
The BB secondary hasn't had to show their strength yet this year....but believe me when I say....they are the best LG has had to face this year....or the best they will face in the district. Very athletic.

hookandladder
10-06-2008, 10:42 AM
I would like to see an exciting game....but not because Bellville plays poorly, but because LG plays above their expectation. It can't help but help both teams down the road. As a matter of fact, after BB win Friday, I would love for LG to go undefeated the rest of the way.
The BB secondary hasn't had to show their strength yet this year....but believe me when I say....they are the best LG has had to face this year....or the best they will face in the district. Very athletic.

You believe Bellville's secondary is the best in district although they have not had to show their strength yet, hope you don't let your mouth overload your butt so to speak. La Grange passing attack is not your normal 3A passing, not saying they are the best but definitely better than most of your 3A teams. Keep talking smack, just remember someone has to back it up.

Pudlugger
10-06-2008, 11:03 AM
Beware of the Hook!:taunt:

36phseal
10-06-2008, 12:28 PM
Yes, hook, i do believe that we have the "most athletic and talented" secondary that LG has faced or will face in district. If LG has anything better than they're worst offensive output against the Bulls, then they will win district. I'm just saying that they will have a harder time against this secondary than any other they will face. We will see how LG does against it. I don't think they will do the 400+ yards that they have been doing so far.

Bull's-eye
10-06-2008, 12:35 PM
You believe Bellville's secondary is the best in district although they have not had to show their strength yet, hope you don't let your mouth overload your butt so to speak. La Grange passing attack is not your normal 3A passing, not saying they are the best but definitely better than most of your 3A teams. Keep talking smack, just remember someone has to back it up.

That is his football opinion and since it doesn't agree with your's, you don't have to come back with the personal attacks. :)

Bullmom
10-06-2008, 01:59 PM
Heard from a volleyball mom that the match between Bellville and La Grange will also be very good. Bellville is #3 in state and La Grange #8. Both have great players that can be explosive. However, Bellville must play Columbus first on Tuesday. This is a very competitive week for the Brahmanettes. Good Luck!

hookandladder
10-06-2008, 02:06 PM
That is his football opinion and since it doesn't agree with your's, you don't have to come back with the personal attacks. :)

Was not personally talking to him, just saying with all the smack he is talking and downgrading the La Grange football team that he is putting a lot of pressure on his team to win. If his team does not do what he thinks, he will be eating crow for quite a while.

Brahma84
10-06-2008, 02:48 PM
Was not personally talking to him, just saying with all the smack he is talking and downgrading the La Grange football team that he is putting a lot of pressure on his team to win. If his team does not do what he thinks, he will be eating crow for quite a while.

I really don't think that anything posters say on here has much to do with how the game will be played. Both teams are hot right now, it should be a great game. The players just laugh at what is posted about the games. They think it's funny.

Bull19
10-06-2008, 04:29 PM
this game is gunna be a tough test for bellville, with grades coming out, injuries, fair week, etc. the bulls imo have their backs up against the wall and will have to play their best game to date if they expect to win. i honestly think this game will be decided on a field goal. if bellville's passing game could get going consistently i wouldn't have a doubt in my mind bout the bulls winning. butt if bellville gets behind early in the game and is forced to throw the ball imo the leps will win. this should be a realy good test for both teams.

36phseal
10-06-2008, 04:44 PM
I wasn't offended at your post. I knew what you meant and you are right. If the boys don't play up to their abilities, I will have to eat crow and that goes without saying. But, if both teams play their best games, I just don't see it. Call me blind, but looking at the pollsters, most think that I am right. Neither team has played anyone that good yet. My opinion is based on the following:

1. La Grange is young and hasn't played against anyone with this kind of team speed yet.

2. The strength of Bellville is their defense. Once again, LG hasn't played anyone like this yet.

3. The Bulls have a fullback and runningbacks that are better than anyone the LG boys have seen yet.

4. The LG defense is not anything that can stop Bellville. BB has too many weapons and will go straight at LG. That really isn't a good thing for LG. The LBs haven't seen a freight train like Nunn yet.

These aren't opinions....they are pretty factual. Notice I didn't put anything about the secondary, because that is an opinion, and not a fact. I still think that if both teams play well, it will be a two or three touchdown spread for the Bulls.

Bull19
10-06-2008, 04:50 PM
I wasn't offended at your post. I knew what you meant and you are right. If the boys don't play up to their abilities, I will have to eat crow and that goes without saying. But, if both teams play their best games, I just don't see it. Call me blind, but looking at the pollsters, most think that I am right. Neither team has played anyone that good yet. My opinion is based on the following:

1. La Grange is young and hasn't played against anyone with this kind of team speed yet.

2. The strength of Bellville is their defense. Once again, LG hasn't played anyone like this yet.

3. The Bulls have a fullback and runningbacks that are better than anyone the LG boys have seen yet.

4. The LG defense is not anything that can stop Bellville. BB has too many weapons and will go straight at LG. That really isn't a good thing for LG. The LBs haven't seen a freight train like Nunn yet.

These aren't opinions....they are pretty factual. Notice I didn't put anything about the secondary, because that is an opinion, and not a fact. I still think that if both teams play well, it will be a two or three touchdown spread for the Bulls. coming from a bellville backer you might have a plat of crow to be filling up on. just giving u a heads up.

Pudlugger
10-06-2008, 05:21 PM
This discussion is realy getting interesting. I am impressed with the moderation of the Bellville posters. I know that at least two of them have scouted the Leps and have a realistic idea of their strengths and weaknesses. The Leps will definitely go into this game as an underdog and rightly so as Bellville has had the stronger schedule (winning against their 4a opponent), are more experienced and have recognized talent in their linebackers, defensive line and running backs. The Leps are young and their talent is only now being recognized but it is there.

It was said the Leps have not faced a defense like Bellville this season. That is not true. The Leps scrimmaged both Liberty Hill and Cuero. These two teams had speed, size and punishing backs and lineman. The young Lep pups had to grow some claws fast this season and they have done so. It is up to them to keep their poise and cool and just be methodical and relentless this Friday night. They believe in themselves and the LG fans are now believing in them too. Go Leps!

rancher
10-06-2008, 08:48 PM
Will have to say with all due respect that Bellville's defensive unit will be as good or better than any LG has faced including Cuero and Liberty Hill. They are very quick, fast and the middle linebacker is as good as any you will find. The secondary does have speed, but is sometimes weak in coverage. However, pressue will be brought on the QB. Bellville will have very good backs, lead by Nunn. However, the weak link is the offensive line. In watching them the past two games I would give them a grade of an F. They make a very weak defense look like district champs. Several times drives have been stopped on third and short situations because the running backs were stopped at the line or behind the line. The QB cannot throw well because he is running for his life or having to hurry his throw. You will find in the Bellville victories it was the defense who set the offense up for short touchdown drives.

Bull's-eye
10-06-2008, 11:42 PM
Bellville has one back that is quietly flying under the radar. There is much talk about Nunn, but I have been impressed by the play of Runnels. He has given Bellville the speed to run outside and is also a very good receiver out of the backfield. I look for Bellville to use him a little more, especially if they aren't getting the inside blocking.

Pudlugger
10-07-2008, 09:37 AM
Yes Runnels made some good runs against Wharton. The Lep D will have to contain him and Nunn to win.

OldBison75
10-07-2008, 03:12 PM
This game will be decided by who can make the fewest mental mistakes. Bellville should be the favorite because of experience, but the Leps are on a roll and a young team can sometimes find themselves playing above thier heads when momentum takes over. The Bellivlle running backs are very good and the passing game is adequate. The front seven on defense are very good and can take control of a game.
LG has a potent passing game with three top receivers and a couple more that can surprise you. The QB's have been accurate and played above all expecrtations. The LG defense is better than most believe against the run. Remember the HF back was small and shifty and hid behind a big line most of the night looking for a hole to open. LG has defended the run against bigger backs in other games pretty well.
Bellville should win this game, but since it is in LG and it is fair week in Bellville, and LG believes they can win, I pick LG by 6.

Pudlugger
10-07-2008, 07:05 PM
Well grades are out now. I wonder how that factors in for next week. I hope all the Leps are on board for this game and the next two as well. As for injuries, it looks like the Leps are pretty healthy going forward.

TRENCHES06
10-07-2008, 10:10 PM
I hear that all Leps "should" be on board.

footballguru
10-07-2008, 11:01 PM
I heard they have been practicing the slot T and are going to open up the Bellville game with it. What a shock this might be to Bellville if LG runs the Slot T come Friday after preparing for the spread all week. All levels from 7th to varsity have been using some variation of the Slot T, but the varsity is fixin to bust it out.

Bull's-eye
10-07-2008, 11:08 PM
There is a thread for this game at the top of the page. :)

bvillebrahma010
10-08-2008, 03:25 AM
I heard they have been practicing the slot T and are going to open up the Bellville game with it. What a shock this might be to Bellville if LG runs the Slot T come Friday after preparing for the spread all week. All levels from 7th to varsity have been using some variation of the Slot T, but the varsity is fixin to bust it out.

i think that would be dumb, because lg's runnin game isnt near as good as the passing game. especiallyagainst bellville's dirty d!! we will see though...

Silverback 04
10-08-2008, 05:25 AM
You dont just bust out the slot-t with success.

hookandladder
10-08-2008, 06:27 AM
Originally posted by bvillebrahma010
i think that would be dumb, because lg's runnin game isnt near as good as the passing game. especiallyagainst bellville's dirty d!! we will see though...

The 7th and 8th grade teams are running the Slot-T and yes Bellville will see it all night Thursday, this is mainly because of not have kids able to throw and catch the ball. However the 8th grade team has the ability to throw the ball and you will see a mixture. LG's 8th grade team is gearing up to stop Bellville's QB, last year he ran over and around us. Our defense has gotten better, we shut the Columbus kid down except for 1 punt return.So hopefully we will be ready.

Pudlugger
10-08-2008, 08:21 AM
This has to be a head fake. I can't see the Leps going away from the spread offense. They have become too good at it and it matches up very well against the Bellville defense, much more so than the run. I hope if they do line up in the slot t on the opening series they run a play action pass deep over the middle to burn the Bulls. Then go to the spread for the remainder of the game.

TRENCHES06
10-08-2008, 09:40 AM
Slot T to the rescue!

TRENCHES06
10-08-2008, 09:48 AM
CENTEX PASSING/RECIEVING LEADERS:

From Austin Statesman:

#1 Reciever 3a: Sean Bunch
#3 Reciever 3A: Brandon Wilkerson
#2 Quarterback 3A: Josh Schneider

#1 Passing Offense in state 3A.

Now, we can dominate in the running game with the slot T!!

Bull19
10-08-2008, 10:02 AM
after watching the bellville practice yest the leps better watch out. the brahmas looked to be installing a version of the run-and-shoot.

Daddy D 11
10-08-2008, 10:11 AM
Didn't La Grange coaches visit LH practices and workouts a few years back? I could've sworn they did:thinking:

I know that Caldwell, Temple, Lago Vista did.

Super_R
10-08-2008, 01:59 PM
Originally posted by Daddy D 11
Didn't La Grange coaches visit LH practices and workouts a few years back? I could've sworn they did:thinking:

I know that Caldwell, Temple, Lago Vista did.

Think Elgin did also...It sure did them good against Giddings.

Bulligator
10-08-2008, 02:55 PM
Let's go back to the Caldwell game and the Slot T. I think Bellville handled it pretty well. I still think that La Grange should be the favorite in this game. Bellville is fighting through injuries, the Austin County Fair, and traveling to LaGrange for two years in a row. La Grange is probably the number one offense in the area. This should be a great game if Bellville's defense can stand up to the passing attack, or Slot T.

Necks_Fan
10-08-2008, 03:23 PM
La Grange hasn't played anyone and Bellville has coasted through a tough non-district schedule without showing anything. LOL @ this comment.

Yea BR and Wharton are REAL tough....

And who was that that LaGrange lost to? Lockhart. Yea, I would say that team was pretty darn good.

Neither of these teams have played a "tough" predistrict schedule.

EDIT: Livingston is pretty good, as is Caldwell now.... But so is Yoakum and Lockhart.

BrahmaMom
10-08-2008, 04:29 PM
Glad to see Runnels getting recognition. Nunn, Runnels, Houston, we have the talent, we need to get it all together. Congrats to Jonathan Gilmore as the team Player of the Week--he's under the radar as well. The Brahmas have worked hard this week. Forget the fair, boys, and let's take our A game to LG!

Bull's-eye
10-08-2008, 05:56 PM
Originally posted by Bull19
after watching the bellville practice yest the leps better watch out. the brahmas looked to be installing a version of the run-and-shoot.

Did you see Jack Pardee & John Jenkins?

ratherbfishin
10-08-2008, 08:20 PM
Bellville will hit you in the mouth for 4 quarters. It's tough for any team to take that kinda pounding let alone a young team like LG. And I'm not talking about defensively...Scrimmages??? LOL... no need to talk about that... LH and Cuero would beat them like a drum right now. IMO, LG better be better than 63% comp. ratio cause they may only touch the ball 3 times a half. But I will be rootin for the purple team since my nephew is in the program...

Good luck LG!!! I don't think anyone is goin undefeated in that district...

Just my 2 cents...

Pudlugger
10-08-2008, 11:50 PM
Leps can take all that and give some back. Nice to know you're such an enthusiastic LG fan. :crazy:

TRENCHES06
10-09-2008, 09:43 AM
Everybody survive report cards?

Pudlugger
10-09-2008, 09:59 AM
I haven't heard anything regarding grades for the Leps. Hope they are going to be 100% going into district play.

LHS 2SONS
10-09-2008, 11:29 AM
Grades are fine, Freshman was hit hard(welcome to High School)

Anybody want to meet and greet Friday night. We will have to meet outside the stadium, as LGISD does not allow mingling between schools. We can meet on the Visitors side parking lot, south end by the bus barn, say 6:30 - 7:00.

Good Luck to both sides, it should be a very good game. We will see what each team is like after Friday.

GO LEPS!

RattlerDude
10-09-2008, 02:05 PM
Everybody survive report cards?

Dude wait til you get to college. Thats when you will really be worried about that stuff. High school is too easy

Daddy D 11
10-09-2008, 02:34 PM
Originally posted by RattlerDude
Dude wait til you get to college. Thats when you will really be worried about that stuff. High school is too easy

Agreed. Oh, and Bellville is going to get whooped by the Leps:thumbsup:

Pudlugger
10-09-2008, 04:59 PM
Well this is all good news for the Leps. No injury or grade losses currently and the team is stoked! Go Leps!

footballguru
10-09-2008, 10:10 PM
How did the sub varsity come out tonight? Last year Bellville won every game.

zebrablue2
10-09-2008, 10:30 PM
How did the sub varsity come out tonight? Last year Bellville won every game.

fr.-- bellville wins 27-6..
jv---la grange wins 18-17..

bobcat04
10-09-2008, 10:55 PM
This will be a wild game. Both teams can light up the scoreboard. I will take Bellville 38-35.

Bull's-eye
10-10-2008, 01:52 AM
Bellville 48 La Grange 32.........in the poll. :D

Go Bulls!!

Pudlugger
10-10-2008, 06:13 AM
Bellville 48 La Grange 32.........in the poll. :D

Go Bulls!!

Stop smoking that stuff. :D

No way Bellville puts up 48 points against the Leps. On the other hand, the Lep offense could rack up a big number against the Bulls.

LG 42
Bellville 28

Go Leps!

footballguru
10-10-2008, 09:50 AM
How did the junior high teams end up. Both of Bellville's "A" teams are undeafeted. I think Bellville's 8th grade has never lost a game even as 7th graders.

pirate4state
10-10-2008, 10:01 AM
So, who wants to send me end of quarter text updates on this game? Anyone? :D

TRENCHES06
10-10-2008, 10:27 AM
8th grade La Grange team won

FormerBellvilleBrahma
10-10-2008, 12:06 PM
Originally posted by Bull19

Run and shoot looked good, but their were many back-ups in the line-up? Looks their are at least 12 starters out.

TRENCHES06
10-10-2008, 01:00 PM
Actually.......I hear that a couple of starters are hurt and a couple of linemen may not make it to this game.

Bull's-eye
10-10-2008, 01:02 PM
I thought they were installing the "Wildcat" offense, so far the NFL can't even stop it. :cool:

Pudlugger
10-10-2008, 01:14 PM
Actually.......I hear that a couple of starters are hurt and a couple of linemen may not make it to this game.

Trenches are you referring to Bellville or La Grange here?

Brahma84
10-10-2008, 01:46 PM
Trenches are you referring to Bellville or La Grange here?

Bellville has had two starters out for quite awhile. Our starting center has not played in about 4 weeks and his back-up has not played in 2 weeks. Other than that everyone is healthy and fired up for the game. Not sure about players "not making it to the game"?. Our grades do not come out until next week because of the short fair week.

TRENCHES06
10-10-2008, 02:25 PM
was talking about Bellville.

buff4ever
10-10-2008, 02:28 PM
have i been on here to voice my opinion that bellville will win this game yet.

:D :D :D

good luck to both teams, tonite is only the beginning, and will not finalize anything no matter what happens.

TRENCHES06
10-10-2008, 02:52 PM
the loser of Smithville and Columbus is probably done.

buff4ever
10-10-2008, 03:07 PM
ok, I will buy that:)

Pudlugger
10-10-2008, 03:32 PM
Originally posted by FormerBellvilleBrahma
Run and shoot looked good, but their were many back-ups in the line-up? Looks their are at least 12 starters out.

Is this some kind of set up FBB LOL? Other BV posters say only the center is out as he has been forsome time. The Leps want the Bulls to come in with a full house. Go Leps!

Bull's-eye
10-10-2008, 04:28 PM
Good luck to the Brahmas! Time to get it on! :flaming: :flaming: :flaming:

MJMbrahmas10
10-10-2008, 05:57 PM
I predict 3 interceptions by bellville tonight.

pirate4state
10-10-2008, 10:25 PM
Score?

rancher
10-10-2008, 10:28 PM
Final
Bellville 28 LaGrange 14

Pudlugger
10-10-2008, 10:29 PM
28-14 Bellville. Those who said that the Bellville defense would pressure the Lep qbs and force errors were correct. Also the running of #32 Nunn proved too much for a tired Lep defense when the offense could not convert in the second half. All in all the best team won in a well fought game. The Bellville Brahmas are well coached and have plenty of great athletes. I had hoped the Leps would put up more points but the Brahma D owned the night in the second half when it counts. Good luck the rest of the way Bellville.:bigcry: ;)

The Ravens
10-10-2008, 10:43 PM
Nunn gets it done. Bravo. :clap:

Bull's-eye
10-11-2008, 12:49 AM
Originally posted by The Ravens
Nunn gets it done. Bravo. :clap:

Nunn scores 3 TD's and rushes for 209 yards. Great performance, considering he was throwing up on the sidelines. His 56 yd TD run was a thing of beauty, as he ran over and drug several Leps on his way to the endzone. Score doesn't do this game any justice, as the Bellville defense completely dominated this game. The hi-powered LG offense finished with only 192 total yards, as the Bellville defense held LG to -12 yards rushing on 16 attempts. Most of LG's offense came in the first half on 2 big plays, one on a 4th and 25 TD pass and the other was a 63 yd TD pass late in the 2nd quarter. Both times it appeared that the Brahmas had a blown coverage, as they allowed the receivers to get by their prevent coverage. That would be the only 2 mistakes this defense made, as they consitantly blitzed the backers and pressured the Lep QB all night long. I don't have the sack totals, but I would think Bellville was in double digits.

Bull's-eye
10-11-2008, 01:15 AM
Originally posted by Daddy D 11
Agreed. Oh, and Bellville is going to get whooped by the Leps:thumbsup:

I think it was the other way around. :wave:

zebrablue2
10-11-2008, 01:17 AM
Originally posted by rancher
After watching last nights game, I must change my mind on this game. I tell it like it is, not a homer. Bellville Defense very quick and fast. Good running backs who have develop very well. However, the offensive line play has gone from bad to worse. They made a very very bad Wharton defense look like district champs. They are slow, weak and to make up for it by holding a lot. They allow a bad defense to stop drives on third and short several time. They also give the quarterback no time to throw or make him hurry. Bellville Defense may keep them in the game for a while, but offensive line is the weak link and will kill the team. I must now go with LaGrange by 14.

nunn over 200 yds rushing. do not think the o-line killed him too bad. should have stuck to your guns, went the other way and you would look like a jimmy the greek dude-- LOL...

Bulligator
10-11-2008, 01:28 AM
28-14 Bellville. Those who said that the Bellville defense would pressure the Lep qbs and force errors were correct. Also the running of #32 Nunn proved too much for a tired Lep defense when the offense could not convert in the second half. All in all the best team won in a well fought game. The Bellville Brahmas are well coached and have plenty of great athletes. I had hoped the Leps would put up more points but the Brahma D owned the night in the second half when it counts. Good luck the rest of the way Bellville.:bigcry: ;)

Pud, or is it Pudding lugger, I try not to get to out of hand on this here board, but I think it may have been you that started the Donkey Stomp thread last year. Well, now the shoe is on the other foot. I hope you enjoyed the game. But seriously though, I think it was the La Grange O-line that looked a little suspect tonight. They couldn't handle the movement or the rush. Good luck to LG the rest of the year.

Bull's-eye
10-11-2008, 01:44 AM
Pud, or is it Pudding lugger, I try not to get to out of hand on this here board, but I think it may have been you that started the Donkey Stomp thread last year. Well, now the shoe is on the other foot. I hope you enjoyed the game. But seriously though, I think it was the La Grange O-line that looked a little suspect tonight. They couldn't handle the movement or the rush. Good luck to LG the rest of the year.

Did you see how the Bellville MLB was hurdling the LG center and putting the heat on the Lep QB.

All week there was a lot of talk from the LG posters, while most of the Bellville posters remained humble. Yes Bulligater, Pud started the donkey stomp thread last year. I thought it was uncalled for and lacked good sportsmanship. I hope the Bellville posters don't stoop to that level, but can't blame them if they wanted to rub it in just a little. :D

PutMeInCoach
10-11-2008, 07:07 AM
Bellville played a heck of a game. They did a fantastic job on D...they were quick and were in the backfield before anything could get setup for the Leps.

And can I say "WOW", Nunn was awesome! He's a very big, strong, and fast kid. He dragged our boys with him many times to get the yards he produced on the night.

Best of Luck to Bellville the rest of the season.

Bull's-eye
10-11-2008, 08:34 AM
Give lots of cedit to the Bellville defensive coordinator, he had the defense prepared for the LG spread offensive. Bellville would line up in one formation, wait for LG to get their play called from the sidelines and then the defense would shift to another formation. Bellville caused a lot of disturbance by stunting the 3 backers, this left the LG offensive line confused about who to block. I knew it would be a good night for the Bellville defense, when I watched the DE's routinely defeat the tackles one on one. The Brahma defense wasn't fooled by the screens or shuttle passes and kept the QB in check as far as running the ball.

MJMbrahmas10
10-11-2008, 09:58 AM
Bellville state bound?

FormerBellvilleBrahma
10-11-2008, 10:03 AM

All week there was a lot of talk from the LG posters, while most of the Bellville posters remained humble. Yes Bulligater, Pud started the donkey stomp thread last year. I thought it was uncalled for and lacked good sportsmanship.

We know we were the better team, maybe now some posters on this board will admit Bellville has what it takes to beat good teams. If not for the 2 prayer passes the QB got off before getting hit the leps would have not scored on the Bellville defense. Bellville made the adjustmant at half with the D-backs and La Grange did not have any luck getting in the end zone. One poster said, La Grange has not played a team as good as Bellville to date, that poster was right!

rancher
10-11-2008, 10:41 AM
Please give me that crow sandwich with mustard on it.

brahmalife2
10-11-2008, 11:08 AM
la grange has a good team, with great potential, but i think that the moving and shifting bellville was doing was messing with both qbs head.

Bull's-eye
10-11-2008, 12:44 PM
Originally posted by brahmalife2
la grange has a good team, with great potential, but i think that the moving and shifting bellville was doing was messing with both qbs head.

Well said, I do believe La Grange will be in the "dogfight" for one of the 3 playoff spots.

bvillebrahma010
10-11-2008, 01:26 PM
must admit that the bellville o-line stepped up their game and gave mueller time to throw and make holes for nunn, runnels, and houston.

MJMbrahmas10
10-11-2008, 01:30 PM
whats yalls opions on bellville goin to state?

Bull's-eye
10-11-2008, 01:54 PM
Originally posted by MJMbrahmas10
whats yalls opions on bellville goin to state?

Way too early to think about that, but if their offense gets a little more productive, they could make some noise deep in the playoffs. Too many times they settle for FG's or bog down in the red-zone.

Brahma84
10-11-2008, 01:57 PM
Let's not get ahead of ourselves. We still have 4 tough district games left. We need to stay focused on one game at a time, stay healthy and keep improving.

FormerBellvilleBrahma
10-11-2008, 02:09 PM
The Leps want the Bulls to come in with a full house.

Bellville did'nt need the full house to beat the Leps.

Bull's-eye
10-11-2008, 02:15 PM
I heard Bellville should be getting their starting LB/C back from injury.

FormerBellvilleBrahma
10-11-2008, 02:20 PM
we do not have to shut Nunn down completely to win. Also I will go out on a limb that if you do beat us it will take more than just him to win.Da

Your oppinion about Nunn should change after seeing him in person, How many times did Nunn have 2, 3, and 4 Leps on him and he still was pulling them into to end zone with him!

Brahma84
10-11-2008, 02:26 PM
Jackson was supposed to return next week, but not sure if he will be ready. Huebner however, may be ready to return next week after 4+ weeks off with a shoulder injury.

zebrablue2
10-11-2008, 02:58 PM
Originally posted by Brahma84
Jackson was supposed to return next week, but not sure if he will be ready. Huebner however, may be ready to return next week after 4+ weeks off with a shoulder injury.

if and when these two kids get back, it will make the bulls much stronger on both sides of the ball. congrats to bellville last night. I am very proud and happy for all of them...:2thumbsup

FormerBellvilleBrahma
10-11-2008, 02:59 PM
Bellville's outstanding defense against the potent La Grange offense.

Solid tackling will be critical with Nunn's size and strength.

The Lep punting game looks remarkably good considering how few times they have had to punt this year.

I think it will be very difficult for the Bellville defensive backs to cover all four Leps receivers.

1. Bellvilles defense showed the potent La Grange offense how they could be stopped.
2. The Leps tackling vs Nunn looked more like they were rideing a train, Nunn pulled many with him while he was running.
3. The Bellville QB punted putting the ball on the 1 yard line.
4. If not for the 2 plays the leps got lucky and scored on, the Bellville D-backs were all over the recivers.
5. The La Grange QB's were running for thier lives most of the night
6. I wounder if last years Donkey Stomping locker room pin up fired the Brahmas up more for this year?
7. 6-0

Bull's-eye
10-11-2008, 03:24 PM

You should be able to see us now, we just finished mowing. :D

FormerBellvilleBrahma
10-11-2008, 05:41 PM
Were are all the La Grange posters?

Pudlugger
10-11-2008, 07:23 PM
What would you like us to say? We got lucky on two long passes to score two tds against the most awesome football team ever to grace the Leopard Stadium?

I posted my congratulations and gave credit to the Brahmas and all I've read since is how if it wasn't for "blown coverage" on "prayer passes" we would not have gone in at half time 14-14. In case you don't know the spread offense can score on any given play. Have you ever watched a Texas Tech game? To sneer at the incredible accomplishment of our qb who threw the 40 yard td pass perfectly placed into the corner of the endzone and caught in coverage by sophomore wr Wilkerson in ESPN Highlight fashion on fourth and 10 with the Bellville blitz in his face is just not classy. To say that the 60 yard td pass to #4 Bunch, one of the the best 3a receivers in state who clearly beat his man by 2 yards and outran the entire Bellvile secondary to score was "blown coverage" is just ridiculous. Congratulations to Bellville for executing an effective defense against a potent offense. But give a little credit to your opposition if for no other reason than to elevate your victory to a level that reflects positively on your team.:cool:

Bull's-eye
10-11-2008, 08:35 PM
I agree the passes from the QB was on the money, but in both plays the defense should never allow the receiver to get pass the coverage. On the 60 yd pas, the DB bit on a hook move by the receiver. In that situation, it's ok to give up the 10-15 yd pass, but never let the receiver get behind you. Remember, there was less than 2 minutes remaining in the half. On the other play, LG had a 4th & 25. Bellville should of kept the play in front of them, forcing the QB to throw underneath the coverage. I'm sure the Bellville coaches got this corrected at halftime.

Bull's-eye
10-11-2008, 08:45 PM
To say that the 60 yard td pass to #4 Bunch, one of the the best 3a receivers in state who clearly beat his man by 2 yards and outran the entire Bellvile secondary to score was "blown coverage" is just ridiculous.

Never happened, LG scored on a 63 yd play to M. Garner. Yes, being in a prevent situation, it was blown coverage.

Pudlugger
10-11-2008, 09:12 PM
Sorry, Garner #5 not Bunch #4.[ It's hard to keep all the excellent LG receivers straight.] Nonetheless, he beat his man.

Point is that the Leps scored fast and big until the Bellville coaches made some excellent adjustments at the half. I hope the LG coaches study the films and gain some lessons on this because it is painfully obvious they were out coached in this game. Going to a two setback formation and more short routes over the middle would have helped in countering the blitzing attack of the Bellville D. Again, much praise for a well executed and well scouted attack by the Brahma D. They clearly won the game for the Bulls. Holding the Leps to 14 points was a real accomplishment and sealed the deal. Bellville has some great athletes.:cool:

TRENCHES06
10-12-2008, 12:55 AM
Wonder if its time to end the 2 QB platoon?
The stats were heavily lopsided.

Pudlugger
10-12-2008, 08:55 AM
I was wondering about that myself. It might be better to concentrate on one qb. It will be interesting to see how this shakes out next friday against Smithville. Smithville is going to be challenging and it is a must win game.

CoffeeCup
10-12-2008, 10:13 AM
Two QB rotation will be fine. Just so happen that most of the bad snaps and poor field position went to #7 this week not to mention twice an outside receiver gave up on the route to soon. Look for both QB,s to come out gunning this week against smithville.