View Full Version : LH vs Burnet - Thursday night edition

LH Panther Mom
10-02-2008, 10:27 PM
7th B: Burnet 20, LH 0
7th A: 6-6
8th B: LH 14, Burnet 6
8th A: LH 22, Burnet 0
9th: LH 38, Burnet 9

I haven't heard a JV score yet. Way to go Panthers! :cheerl: :cheerl: And for the record, the next few years are not looking lean.

JR2004
10-03-2008, 12:01 AM
I hope things continue to look good down that way for those of y'all who are rabid Panther fans. It's hard though to put a lot of stock into scores from junior high and sub-varsity games.

Several years ago I saw an 8th grade game between Connally and Gatesville when both teams were far and away the best two teams in their district. Both groups fizzled out and never did a whole heckuva lot once they became the majority of the varsity roster at each school.

LH Panther Mom
10-03-2008, 06:16 AM
Originally posted by JR2004
I hope things continue to look good down that way for those of y'all who are rabid Panther fans. It's hard though to put a lot of stock into scores from junior high and sub-varsity games.

Agreed on the scores, it is difficult to know how kids will be at the Varsity level based on earlier success. Winning breeds winning, and what I watched last night showed a winning attitude, which is really more important than any score. (Besides, it was a response to below. It might make sense if someone had seen any team besides our Varsity play. ;) )

Originally posted by
Like I've said on a few other posts! I believe LH will drop off after this year!

themsu97
10-03-2008, 07:27 AM
yea... you will never know from jr hi to freshman, who will grow, who will quit, who will move out, who will move in...

but it is still entertaining and fun...

LH Panther Mom
10-03-2008, 07:34 AM
Originally posted by themsu97
but it is still entertaining and fun...
Most definitely! :)

themsu97
10-03-2008, 08:35 AM
the thrill in the kids eyes when they get to put on a uniform for the first time is priceless...
we actually played pretty good last night

NastySlot
10-03-2008, 10:01 AM
here's my thinking...with the system that LH has in place...they will be fine...it's not like they will have a year in which they say "who are we going to put at QB...this class just doesn't have one"....and the lineman are learning their assignments and rules.....I will agree that at some places you never know whats going to happen with the younger kids...but I would venture to say with the offense that LH runs it doesn't matter how deep the talent pool is...those kids get after on every level and execute ther offense well.

Lion_Addict
10-03-2008, 01:01 PM
Don't think I ever said anything about it, but yawl's 8th grade "A" team had a monster out there when we played a few weeks back. Cant remember if it was #44....seems like that may be it...somewhere in the 40's anyways. He was doing it all! Swear that kid looked like he was ready for JV now:eek: .

clemsmarina
10-03-2008, 01:40 PM
Originally posted by Lion_Addict
Don't think I ever said anything about it, but yawl's 8th grade "A" team had a monster out there when we played a few weeks back. Cant remember if it was #44....seems like that may be it...somewhere in the 40's anyways. He was doing it all! Swear that kid looked like he was ready for JV now:eek: .

Yep, 44 is his number. He tore it up again last night against Burnet.

This years freshman and 8th grade classes combined are stacked with more talent than I have witnessed the last 5 or 6 years of adjoining classes.

I truely can't wait until they are Srs and Jrs. together at the varsity level.....