PDA

View Full Version : Why 3A Is the Most Fun......

Bullaholic
10-02-2008, 05:10 PM
3A is the largest classification in which you have whole towns devoted to just 1 highschool (a few exceptions), therefore the rivalries are more defined, involved, and whole towns take on personnas.

Players don't get lost in the system. Everybody from the student body to the fans are acquainted with most of them.

Good eating places and stadiums are more easily found.

Sweetwater Red
10-02-2008, 05:13 PM
Originally posted by Bullaholic
3A is the largest classification in which you have whole towns devoted to just 1 highschool (a few exceptions), therefore the rivalries are more defined, involved, and whole towns take on personnas.

Players don't get lost in the system. Everybody from the student body to the fans are acquainted with most of them.

So you asked us a question and then gave everyone the
perfect answer before they had a chance to respond?:doh: :D

kepdawg
10-02-2008, 05:14 PM
Originally posted by Sweetwater Red
So you asked everyone a question and then gave everyone the
perfect answer before they hand a chance to respond?:doh: :D

He never asked a question.

Bullaholic
10-02-2008, 05:15 PM
So you asked us a question and then gave everyone the
perfect answer before they hand a chance to respond?:doh: :D

No "?" on the end of that thread, Red...:D I just felt like "expounding" again to hopefully get a few peaceful responses.

Sweetwater Red
10-02-2008, 05:16 PM
Originally posted by kepdawg
He never asked a question.

Thanks kep for being so quick to point that out. I'm sure everyone
else will rally to do the same.

Sweetwater Red
10-02-2008, 05:17 PM
No "?" on the end of that thread, Red...:D I just felt like "expounding" again to hopefully get a few peaceful responses.

I keep forgetting to pay attention to details.:doh:

kepdawg
10-02-2008, 05:18 PM

:taunt:

Bullaholic
10-02-2008, 05:19 PM

Call me guilty, too, Red. :D I gave the most obvious, easy reasons---I hope folks will respond with some of their own personal ones.

kepdawg
10-02-2008, 05:19 PM

There are still a lot of 1 school 4A towns. Maybe not as many as 3A but still a lot!

Sweetwater Red
10-02-2008, 05:20 PM
:taunt:

Yeah I read your post on the powerhouse thread.:clap:

Bullaholic
10-02-2008, 05:23 PM
There are still a lot of 1 school 4A towns. Maybe not as many as 3A but still a lot!

True---What would you say are the biggest single school vs single school 4A rivalries?

kepdawg
10-02-2008, 05:27 PM
True---What would you say are the biggest single school vs single school 4A rivalries?

Off the top of my head:

Denison/Sherman
Waxahachie/Ennis
Bay City/El Campo

WOS87
10-02-2008, 06:22 PM
Off the top of my head:

Denison/Sherman
Waxahachie/Ennis
Bay City/El Campo

Port Neches-Groves vs. Nederland almost counts.... Midcounty Madness is this weekend.

charlesrixey
10-02-2008, 07:59 PM
longview/marshall is huge - my twin brother can testify, as he graduated from there

of course, they are both in 4A now--but they were in 5A

popcorn screen
10-02-2008, 08:23 PM
I come from the land of the 5A and the original poster has some great thoughts. I too appreciate the average size school in a one horse town....why....the fans are rabid, pro rah rah for their home team. The land of 5A has, in my opinion, has a larger pool to choose from athletically, and some decent athletes might get overlooked, but it is the fan base that is different. At some kickoffs, we had a sparse crown in the 1st quarter. I look up right before half and there are 15,000 people in the stands, I look up in the 4th and there is a scattering of folks. I think one of the coaches called them country clubers...... Football is great, but I think the 3A schools, athletes, and townsfolk are doing it right.:clap:

Rocket
10-02-2008, 09:34 PM
Brownwood/Stephenville
Originating in 4A..Could soon be 3A.

garciap77
10-02-2008, 09:39 PM
Originally posted by Rocket
Brownwood/Stephenville
Originating in 4A..Could soon be 3A.

Is Stephenville moving to 3A?:confused:

sinton66
10-02-2008, 09:41 PM

Calallen vs. Gregory-Portland.

JR2004
10-02-2008, 09:56 PM
A good 4A rivalry would be LaMarque-Texas City. Can't get much more heated than playing against someone who lives right across the street from you.

JR2004
10-02-2008, 09:57 PM
If I had to pick my favorite classification I'd pick 5A, but that's just me.