PDA

View Full Version : La Grange ISD takes up money for H-F hurricane victims

footballguru
10-02-2008, 02:22 PM
My kid came home from school and said that the Supt. of La Grange had requested students to donate money if they could, to give to the Hamshire Fannett people. I think this is a wonderful act of kindness from the people of La Grange. The 4th and 5th graders alone donated almost 1,000.00. I do not know about the other campuses but I am guessing over 3,000.00 could be giving to Hamshire Fannett tonight at the game. Way to go community of La Grange!! When something like IKE happens it puts things in perspective.

pirate4state
10-02-2008, 02:29 PM
We took up a collection at our game on Friday, but I missed the announcement of how much was collected.

JR2004
10-02-2008, 02:32 PM
Originally posted by footballguru
My kid came home from school and said that the Supt. of La Grange had requested students to donate money if they could, to give to the Hamshire Fannett people. I think this is a wonderful act of kindness from the people of La Grange. The 4th and 5th graders alone donated almost 1,000.00. I do not know about the other campuses but I am guessing over 3,000.00 could be giving to Hamshire Fannett tonight at the game. Way to go community of La Grange!! When something like IKE happens it puts things in perspective.

That's very nice of the to see the people in La Grange do that. :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:

AggiesAreWe
10-02-2008, 02:40 PM
We here in Silsbee had buckets at every entrance and at the concession stands in Tiger Stadium to take up donations for our district counterpart Bridge City at our home game last Friday night against Beaumont Kelly. We plan to do the samething this Friday night for both BC and HF when we play host to our longtime rival Jasper.

CoffeeCup
10-02-2008, 02:53 PM
I believe the total collection is up over $5000 now from the kids and communtiy of La Grange. :)

44INAROW
10-02-2008, 02:57 PM
That's a nice and generous thing to do and hopefully will teach the kids to help their fellow man in the future. :)
The Gobbler Booster Club with the help of CISD collected food for the San Antonio Food Bank and delivered 1891 pounds of food last Friday. Every little bit helps. In Oct 1998, when the "big flood" hit Cuero, we played Luling on a Monday night and the Luling ISD had collected money and presented it to the Cuero ISD at the 50 yard line before the game. There wasn't a dry eye in the place that night. Considering more than half our players had no bed/home to sleep in, it was emotional.

Way to go La Grange ISD :clap:

LHS 2SONS
10-02-2008, 03:56 PM
The La Grange All-Sports Booster is selling the programs at tonights game and all of the proceeds and or donations will be donated as well. So LG fans come out and support this great cause as well.

nunya
10-02-2008, 04:22 PM
Your neighbors could learn a lot about class from you. Hats off, LG!

Global Swarming
10-02-2008, 07:03 PM
No matter what the outcome of the game. La Grange is already a winner. Football seems to lose some of its meaning when people's lives are affected by such a tragedy. It just puts into perspective that people are more than anything else.

Antec
10-02-2008, 07:07 PM
East Bernard ISD did the same over the past two weeks

footballguru
10-03-2008, 11:37 PM
La Grange raised over 5,900 dollars in two days for the victims of IKE in Hamshire-Fannett.

STAggie
10-03-2008, 11:42 PM
Originally posted by footballguru
La Grange raised over 5,900 dollars in two days for the victims of IKE in Hamshire-Fannett.

That is an awesome gesture and the people of La Grange are amazing for pulling together so much in such a short amount of time.